|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Arn's solution for helping Siv remember not to hold the flag in front of Arn's face at the end of the dance?
(a) He threatens to break his flag.
(b) He steals some rice for him.
(c) He offers to switch dancing roles with him.
(d) He explains to Siv that he's ruining the dance and reducing Arn's chances at fame.
2. When another child captive tells on Arn for lying to increase his number of work breaks, what do the Khmer Rouge soldiers impose as Arn's punishment?
(a) He is tied to a tree and chastised by the other child captives.
(b) He is refused food for three days.
(c) He is forced to burn his uniform.
(d) He is forced to sleep in a pile of manure for three nights.
3. Where do Arn and Munny hide when they hear the sounds of a nearby battle during their make-believe game of war?
(a) In the branches of a nearby Banyan tree.
(b) In their rich next-door-neighbor's Mercedes.
(c) In the theater where they had seen the movie earlier that night.
(d) In a pond near their house.
4. What do the Khmer Rouge soldiers lack that makes the soldiers associated with the Prince doubt their power?
(c) Homogeneous uniforms.
5. How did Arn's father die?
(a) In the hospital while suffering from malaria.
(b) In a stage accident during an opera performance.
(c) In a motorcycle accident.
(d) In a battle near their village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Arn and his group is allowed to stop walking and they form a camp, what two groups do the Khmer Rouge soldiers separate the captives into?
2. When Sophea shows up at the camp, what reason does she give for their aunt sending her to look for Arn?
3. What causes Arn to think that finally the Khmer Rouge may have won the metaphorical battle between himself and the soldiers?
4. Why do Arn's sister and aunt break down crying when Arn gives them a treat?
5. How old is Arn when the novel's narrative first begins?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)