• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: McCormick, Patricia. Never Fall Down. Balzer and Brag, 2012. E-book.
• Arn describes his town in Cambodia as being full of music.
• Everyone has a radio, an eight-track player, or a record player and many different cultures are represented in the music; everything from French and Cambodian love songs to American rock ‘n roll like Elvis and Chubby Checker.
• Arn describes the vibrant nightlife that exists in his village; old men playing cards, food vendors selling their wares, kids flying kites and eating ice cream.
• Arn and his little brother hide behind the skirts of a movie theater patron and sneak in to see an American movie.
• After the movie, they go out to the field and play their own make-believe game of war imitating the movie, though they know there are real soldiers fighting...
This section contains 8,812 words
(approx. 30 pages at 300 words per page)