|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George play a joke on Albert?
2. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
3. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
4. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
5. This chapter takes place during which month?
Essay Topic 1
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the techniques that Farley Mowat uses in this book to create humor. List all the different types of humor in the book, giving at least two examples of each technique.
Essay Topic 3
Farley Mowat describes the capital city of Ottawa, the small frontier town of Churchill, and the nearly unpopulated Arctic wilderness. How does he depict these three contrasting places? How does he use them to develop his theme of Man's place in the world?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)