|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat used Uncle Albert in this chapter to observe what aspect of wolf behavior?
2. How did Mowat react when Ootek lost the Raunkaier's Circle?
3. Mowat confesses that he didn't believe Ootek's story until what happens?
4. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
5. Mowat tells about one hunter killing over a hundred wolves in a single by using what method?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
2. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
3. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
4. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
5. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
6. How do wolves maintain population control?
7. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
8. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
9. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
10. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the techniques that Farley Mowat uses in this book to create humor. List all the different types of humor in the book, giving at least two examples of each technique.
Essay Topic 3
Farley Mowat describes the capital city of Ottawa, the small frontier town of Churchill, and the nearly unpopulated Arctic wilderness. How does he depict these three contrasting places? How does he use them to develop his theme of Man's place in the world?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)