|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
2. What does Mowat do after leaving the wolves' den?
3. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
4. Mowat is surprised to see what with the wolves?
5. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
2. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
3. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
4. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
5. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
6. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
7. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
8. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
9. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
10. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Farley Mowat describes the capital city of Ottawa, the small frontier town of Churchill, and the nearly unpopulated Arctic wilderness. How does he depict these three contrasting places? How does he use them to develop his theme of Man's place in the world?
Essay Topic 2
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)