|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mowat do after leaving the wolves' den?
2. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
3. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
4. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
5. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
2. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
3. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
4. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
5. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
6. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
7. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
8. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
9. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
10. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the techniques that Farley Mowat uses in this book to create humor. List all the different types of humor in the book, giving at least two examples of each technique.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Mowat able to travel by canoe to look for wolves? Write a paper comparing the various modes of transportation in wilderness areas.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)