|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the caribou migrate South?
2. What do the male caribou do when the wolves appear?
3. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
4. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
5. What did Ootek later tell him they were doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
4. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
5. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
6. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
7. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
8. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
9. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
10. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Farley find his place in the wilderness during his expedition? Describe how he adapts himself to his environment.
Essay Topic 2
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
Essay Topic 3
Why was Mowat able to travel by canoe to look for wolves? Write a paper comparing the various modes of transportation in wilderness areas.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)