|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps George from reaching the female Husky?
2. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
3. What study did Mowat take up after losing the Raunkiaer's Circle?
4. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
5. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write a paper on the scientific experiments on animals and language. What have scientists learned about animals and language since Farley Mowat wrote Never Cry Wolf?
Essay Topic 3
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)