|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter takes place during which month?
2. How was the wolf finally killed?
3. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
4. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
5. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
2. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
3. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
4. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
5. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
6. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
7. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
8. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
9. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
10. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Farley find his place in the wilderness during his expedition? Describe how he adapts himself to his environment.
Essay Topic 2
Part of Farley Mowat's purpose in writing this book was to show the importance of community to the wolf. Describe the wolf community as shown in this book, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Does Man have a place in the wilderness, or is nature better off without humans? Use text from the book, Never Cry Wolf, to support your opinion on this question.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)