|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
2. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
3. Mowat used Uncle Albert in this chapter to observe what aspect of wolf behavior?
4. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
5. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
2. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
3. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
4. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
5. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
6. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
7. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
8. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
9. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
10. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Farley find his place in the wilderness during his expedition? Describe how he adapts himself to his environment.
Essay Topic 2
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
Essay Topic 3
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)