|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
2. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
3. How long do Albert and the Husky stay together?
4. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
5. Mowat is surprised to see what with the wolves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
2. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
3. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
4. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
5. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
6. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
7. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
8. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
9. How do wolves maintain population control?
10. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do wolf family relationships differ from human family relationships? Examine this question through this book, but include research from outside resources if possible.
Essay Topic 2
Wolves were once one of the most widespread mammal species on earth. Why has their population decreased so radically? Write a research paper charting the growth or decrease of wolf populations in North America in the last hundred years.
Essay Topic 3
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)