|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the wolf finally killed?
2. Farley Mowat watches the caribou from what vantage point?
3. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
4. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
5. When do the caribou migrate South?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do wolves maintain population control?
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
4. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
5. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
6. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
7. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
8. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
9. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
10. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Man have a place in the wilderness, or is nature better off without humans? Use text from the book, Never Cry Wolf, to support your opinion on this question.
Essay Topic 2
Farley Mowat refers to Mike and Ootek as "Eskimos," which is an outdated term. Research the native people in the Keewatin area and write an essay arguing which group or tribe Mike and Ootek are most likely associated with. Use details from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the technology available to a wildlife researcher in Never Cry Wolf with the technology available today.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)