|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
2. How was the wolf finally killed?
3. What sound does Angeline make when she recognizes the visiting wolves?
4. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
5. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
Essay Topic 1
Farley Mowat describes the capital city of Ottawa, the small frontier town of Churchill, and the nearly unpopulated Arctic wilderness. How does he depict these three contrasting places? How does he use them to develop his theme of Man's place in the world?
Essay Topic 2
How do wolf family relationships differ from human family relationships? Examine this question through this book, but include research from outside resources if possible.
Essay Topic 3
Farley Mowat refers to Mike and Ootek as "Eskimos," which is an outdated term. Research the native people in the Keewatin area and write an essay arguing which group or tribe Mike and Ootek are most likely associated with. Use details from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)