|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mowat go into the wolves' den?
2. What, according to Ootek, are the wolves howling about?
3. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
4. Mowat is surprised to see what with the wolves?
5. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
2. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
3. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
4. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
5. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
6. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
7. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
8. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
9. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
10. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Mowat able to travel by canoe to look for wolves? Write a paper comparing the various modes of transportation in wilderness areas.
Essay Topic 2
How do wolf family relationships differ from human family relationships? Examine this question through this book, but include research from outside resources if possible.
Essay Topic 3
Farley Mowat learned a lot from the wolves about surviving in the wilderness. Write an essay describing what he learned from the wolves. Use examples from the text to support your examples.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)