|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
2. How many wolf-killed caribou did Farley Mowat examine?
3. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
5. Farley Mowat watches the caribou from what vantage point?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
2. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
3. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
4. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
5. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
6. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
7. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
8. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
9. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
10. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why was Mowat able to travel by canoe to look for wolves? Write a paper comparing the various modes of transportation in wilderness areas.
Essay Topic 2
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the technology available to a wildlife researcher in Never Cry Wolf with the technology available today.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)