|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
2. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
3. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
4. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
5. Mowat includes a recipe in this chapter for what dish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
2. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
3. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
4. Describe Mike's character.
5. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
6. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
7. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
8. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
9. What is "wolf-juice?"
10. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
Essay Topic 2
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
Essay Topic 3
Part of Farley Mowat's purpose in writing this book was to show the importance of community to the wolf. Describe the wolf community as shown in this book, using examples from the text.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)