|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
2. Who trips the mouse traps?
3. Where does he put the animals?
4. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
5. Where do the wolves keep their meat cache?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
2. What stories did Mowat hear from the people in Churchill about wolves?
3. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
4. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
5. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
6. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
7. What effect did his message have on the Department?
8. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
9. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
10. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that compares or contrasts Farley Mowat's voice with that of another author.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Mowat able to travel by canoe to look for wolves? Write a paper comparing the various modes of transportation in wilderness areas.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the technology available to a wildlife researcher in Never Cry Wolf with the technology available today.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)