|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
2. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
3. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
4. Mowat's first report on wolves to his department was written while he was:
5. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
2. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
3. Describe the area around the wolf den.
4. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
5. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
6. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
7. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
8. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
9. What is "wolf-juice?"
10. What effect did his message have on the Department?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the techniques that Farley Mowat uses in this book to create humor. List all the different types of humor in the book, giving at least two examples of each technique.
Essay Topic 2
Part of Farley Mowat's purpose in writing this book was to show the importance of community to the wolf. Describe the wolf community as shown in this book, using examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)