|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
2. The plane flew at what altitude?
3. There, Mowat encounters:
4. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
5. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
2. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
3. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
4. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
5. Where did the pilot end up leaving Mowat?
6. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
7. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
8. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
9. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
10. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
Essay Topic 2
How does Farley find his place in the wilderness during his expedition? Describe how he adapts himself to his environment.
Essay Topic 3
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)