Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
2. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
3. His message is identified as coming from:
4. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
5. What does the pilot call his plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
4. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
5. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
6. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
7. How do wolves maintain population control?
8. Describe the area around the wolf den.
9. What effect did his message have on the Department?
10. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
Research and write a paper on the scientific experiments on animals and language. What have scientists learned about animals and language since Farley Mowat wrote Never Cry Wolf?
Compare the technology available to a wildlife researcher in Never Cry Wolf with the technology available today.
Imagine yourself in Farley Mowat's place when he was left alone in the wilderness. What would you do in such a situation? Describe at least three different courses of action you might take.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)