|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the cabin smell bad?
2. His radio has reached which country?
3. Mike takes Mowat where?
4. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
5. What is Mike's age?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
2. Describe a "wolf nap."
3. What effect did his message have on the Department?
4. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
5. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
6. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
7. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
8. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
9. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
10. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write a paper on the scientific experiments on animals and language. What have scientists learned about animals and language since Farley Mowat wrote Never Cry Wolf?
Essay Topic 2
Farley Mowat learned a lot from the wolves about surviving in the wilderness. Write an essay describing what he learned from the wolves. Use examples from the text to support your examples.
Essay Topic 3
How do wolf family relationships differ from human family relationships? Examine this question through this book, but include research from outside resources if possible.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)