|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. He is directed to survey which species?
2. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
3. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
4. What is the pilot's dream?
5. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
2. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
3. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
4. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
5. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
6. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
7. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
8. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
9. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
10. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
Essay Topic 1
Wolves were once one of the most widespread mammal species on earth. Why has their population decreased so radically? Write a research paper charting the growth or decrease of wolf populations in North America in the last hundred years.
Essay Topic 2
Does Man have a place in the wilderness, or is nature better off without humans? Use text from the book, Never Cry Wolf, to support your opinion on this question.
Essay Topic 3
Farley Mowat learned a lot from the wolves about surviving in the wilderness. Write an essay describing what he learned from the wolves. Use examples from the text to support your examples.
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)