|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wolf do?
2. Where does Mowat finally see the wolves?
3. What does Uncle Albert do to his offering of food?
4. What does Farley Mowat try to feed the wolves?
5. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
2. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
3. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
4. What is "wolf-juice?"
5. Describe a "wolf nap."
6. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
7. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
8. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
9. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
10. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Farley find his place in the wilderness during his expedition? Describe how he adapts himself to his environment.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares or contrasts Farley Mowat's voice with that of another author.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)