|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Mowat witness Angeline hunting?
2. His radio has reached which country?
3. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
4. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
5. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
2. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
3. Describe Mike's character.
4. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
5. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
6. What effect did his message have on the Department?
7. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
8. How did Mowat's grandmother react to his wildlife project?
9. Where did the pilot end up leaving Mowat?
10. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Farley Mowat refers to Mike and Ootek as "Eskimos," which is an outdated term. Research the native people in the Keewatin area and write an essay arguing which group or tribe Mike and Ootek are most likely associated with. Use details from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why was Mowat able to travel by canoe to look for wolves? Write a paper comparing the various modes of transportation in wilderness areas.
Essay Topic 3
Farley Mowat learned a lot from the wolves about surviving in the wilderness. Write an essay describing what he learned from the wolves. Use examples from the text to support your examples.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)