|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
2. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
3. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
4. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
5. There, Mowat encounters:
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
2. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
3. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
4. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
5. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
6. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
7. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
8. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
9. What is "wolf-juice?"
10. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares or contrasts Farley Mowat's voice with that of another author.
Essay Topic 3
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)