|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the wolf do?
2. His radio has reached which country?
3. The radio batteries are good for how long?
4. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
5. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
2. What stories did Mowat hear from the people in Churchill about wolves?
3. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
4. Describe a "wolf nap."
5. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
6. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
7. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
8. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
9. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
10. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the technology available to a wildlife researcher in Never Cry Wolf with the technology available today.
Essay Topic 2
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)