|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
2. What does the pilot wear?
3. The plane flew at what altitude?
4. The Deputy Minister wants to be called by which title?
5. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
2. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
3. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
4. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
5. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
6. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
7. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
8. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
9. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
10. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that compares or contrasts Farley Mowat's voice with that of another author.
Essay Topic 2
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
Essay Topic 3
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)