|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
2. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
3. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
4. When did the pilot promise to return?
5. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did his message have on the Department?
2. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
3. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
4. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
5. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
6. Describe a "wolf nap."
7. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
8. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
9. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
10. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
Essay Topic 2
Wolves were once one of the most widespread mammal species on earth. Why has their population decreased so radically? Write a research paper charting the growth or decrease of wolf populations in North America in the last hundred years.
Essay Topic 3
How does Farley find his place in the wilderness during his expedition? Describe how he adapts himself to his environment.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)