|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike's age?
2. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
4. Name the expense that is being debited against his salary.
5. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
2. Describe the area around the wolf den.
3. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
4. Describe Mike's character.
5. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
6. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
7. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
8. What stories did Mowat hear from the people in Churchill about wolves?
9. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
10. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write a paper on the scientific experiments on animals and language. What have scientists learned about animals and language since Farley Mowat wrote Never Cry Wolf?
Essay Topic 2
How have people's perceptions about wolves changed since this book was written? Research critical opinion about the book and its ideas and how they have changed since the book's publication.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay about the depiction of wolves in fiction, legends, and folk stories. How do these depictions compare with Mowat's stories? Use details from the book in your essay.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)