|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. His radio message was forwarded to whom?
2. Where does Mowat first encounter a wolf?
3. How much territory do they cover in a nightly hunt, according to Farley Mowat's estimates?
4. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
5. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a "wolf nap."
2. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
3. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
4. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
5. Describe the area around the wolf den.
6. Describe Mike's character.
7. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
8. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
9. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
10. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagine yourself in Farley Mowat's place when he was left alone in the wilderness. What would you do in such a situation? Describe at least three different courses of action you might take.
Essay Topic 2
How have people's perceptions about wolves changed since this book was written? Research critical opinion about the book and its ideas and how they have changed since the book's publication.
Essay Topic 3
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)