|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farley Mowat try to feed the wolves?
2. What does Mowat show to Mike?
3. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
4. Young Mowat finds what dying animals on his grandparents' land?
5. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stories did Mowat hear from the people in Churchill about wolves?
2. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
3. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
4. Describe a "wolf nap."
5. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
6. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
7. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
8. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
9. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
10. Describe Mike's character.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares or contrasts Farley Mowat's voice with that of another author.
Essay Topic 3
Research and write an essay about the depiction of wolves in fiction, legends, and folk stories. How do these depictions compare with Mowat's stories? Use details from the book in your essay.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)