Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
2. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
3. His message is identified as coming from:
4. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
5. What does the pilot call his plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
4. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
5. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
6. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
7. How do wolves maintain population control?
8. Describe the area around the wolf den.
9. What effect did his message have on the Department?
10. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
Does Man have a place in the wilderness, or is nature better off without humans? Use text from the book, Never Cry Wolf, to support your opinion on this question.
Farley Mowat describes the capital city of Ottawa, the small frontier town of Churchill, and the nearly unpopulated Arctic wilderness. How does he depict these three contrasting places? How does he use them to develop his theme of Man's place in the world?
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)