Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
2. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
3. His message is identified as coming from:
4. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
5. What does the pilot call his plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
4. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
5. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
6. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
7. How do wolves maintain population control?
8. Describe the area around the wolf den.
9. What effect did his message have on the Department?
10. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
Essay Topic 1
How do the human characters in Never Cry Wolf relate to the theme of finding one's place in nature? Describe how each character relates to the natural world.
Essay Topic 2
How have people's perceptions about wolves changed since this book was written? Research critical opinion about the book and its ideas and how they have changed since the book's publication.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the techniques that Farley Mowat uses in this book to create humor. List all the different types of humor in the book, giving at least two examples of each technique.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)