Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
2. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
3. His message is identified as coming from:
4. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
5. What does the pilot call his plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
4. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
5. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
6. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
7. How do wolves maintain population control?
8. Describe the area around the wolf den.
9. What effect did his message have on the Department?
10. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that compares or contrasts Farley Mowat's voice with that of another author.
Essay Topic 2
How does Farley find his place in the wilderness during his expedition? Describe how he adapts himself to his environment.
Essay Topic 3
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)