|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
2. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
3. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
4. What is the name of his radio call sign?
5. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
2. What is "wolf-juice?"
3. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
4. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
5. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
6. What stories did Mowat hear from the people in Churchill about wolves?
7. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
8. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
9. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
10. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How have people's perceptions about wolves changed since this book was written? Research critical opinion about the book and its ideas and how they have changed since the book's publication.
Essay Topic 2
Farley Mowat learned a lot from the wolves about surviving in the wilderness. Write an essay describing what he learned from the wolves. Use examples from the text to support your examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)