|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat chooses which professional field?
2. Who trips the mouse traps?
3. What does Uncle Albert do to his offering of food?
4. There, Mowat encounters:
5. Mowat's first report on wolves to his department was written while he was:
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
2. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
3. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
4. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
5. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
6. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
7. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
8. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
9. Describe the area around the wolf den.
10. What is "wolf-juice?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write a paper on the scientific experiments on animals and language. What have scientists learned about animals and language since Farley Mowat wrote Never Cry Wolf?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the technology available to a wildlife researcher in Never Cry Wolf with the technology available today.
Essay Topic 3
What is it that attracts people to the wilderness? Interview at least three people about why they enjoy (or do not enjoy) going out to the wild.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)