|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Mowat's operations order?
2. Another source of food for the wolves is:
3. Name the expense that is being debited against his salary.
4. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
5. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
2. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
3. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
4. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
5. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
6. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
7. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
8. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
9. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
10. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wolves were once one of the most widespread mammal species on earth. Why has their population decreased so radically? Write a research paper charting the growth or decrease of wolf populations in North America in the last hundred years.
Essay Topic 2
In Never Cry Wolf, we learn that wolves and other animals have natural controls on their population. Write a research paper about another type of animal and what limits their population from growing out of control.
Essay Topic 3
Imagine yourself in Farley Mowat's place when he was left alone in the wilderness. What would you do in such a situation? Describe at least three different courses of action you might take.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)