|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plane flew at what altitude?
3. His message is identified as coming from:
4. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
5. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
2. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
3. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
4. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
5. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
6. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
7. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
8. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
9. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
10. What is "wolf-juice?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write an essay about the depiction of wolves in fiction, legends, and folk stories. How do these depictions compare with Mowat's stories? Use details from the book in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that compares or contrasts Farley Mowat's voice with that of another author.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the conflict between science and folklore in this book. Which system is shown to be more reliable? Use text from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)