|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wolf-killed caribou did Farley Mowat examine?
2. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
(a) One to five individuals
(b) Three to seven individuals
(c) Five to ten individuals
(d) Ten to fifteen individuals
3. Which governmental agency was asked to search for Farley Mowat?
(a) The Royal Canadian Mounties
(b) The Department of Forestry
(c) The Churchill City Council
(d) The Interior Department
4. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
5. Mowat used Uncle Albert in this chapter to observe what aspect of wolf behavior?
(a) Mating behavior
(b) Long-range travel
(c) Hunting behavior
(d) Alpha-dog status
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
2. What study did Mowat take up after losing the Raunkiaer's Circle?
3. Mowat is surprised to see what with the wolves?
4. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
5. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
2. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
3. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
4. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
5. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
6. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
7. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
8. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
9. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
10. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)