|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
(a) Ootek learns about approaching friends from the wolves
(b) Ootek uses the wolf's information to find caribou
(c) Ootek tells Mike that the river will be flooding soon
(d) Ootek tells Mowat what time the wolves will return
2. What does Mowat do after leaving the wolves' den?
(a) He smokes a cigarette
(b) He picks up a stone
(c) He makes a few notes
(d) He swims in the river
3. Mowat goes to view an alleged slaughter of deer by wolves in what location?
(a) Churchill Downs
(b) Fishduck Lake
(c) Manitoba Springs
(d) Mt. McKinley
4. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A pregnant doe
(b) A healthy buck
(c) A deformed fawn
(d) A young buck
5. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
2. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
3. What is Farley Mowat doing when he sees the wolves in this chapter?
4. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
5. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
2. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
3. How do wolves maintain population control?
4. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
5. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
6. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
7. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
8. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
9. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
10. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)