|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of equipment did Mowat find surprisingly useful in his study?
(a) The gas mask
(b) One of the axes
(c) The shotgun
(d) The gas grenade
2. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She regurgitates meat
(b) She sits down and howls
(c) She cleans them
(d) She plays tag with them
3. Why did Mowat have to shut his eyes while throwing the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) To keep himself from becoming too dizzy
(b) To keep himself from being blinded by the sun
(c) To make sure he didn't see where it landed
(d) To make sure it landed in a random spot
4. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
(a) Ten to fifteen individuals
(b) Five to ten individuals
(c) Three to seven individuals
(d) One to five individuals
5. What were the puppies playing with?
(a) Uncle Albert
(b) A live mouse
(c) An old log
(d) A caribou bone
Short Answer Questions
1. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
2. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
3. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
4. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
5. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
2. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
3. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
4. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
5. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
6. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
7. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
8. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
9. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
10. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)