|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Fourteen months
(b) Three years
(c) Four years
(d) Two years
2. What sound does Angeline make when she recognizes the visiting wolves?
(a) A howl
(b) A growl
(c) A bark
(d) A whine
3. What were the puppies playing with?
(a) Uncle Albert
(b) A live mouse
(c) A caribou bone
(d) An old log
4. What is the name of Mike's dog that Mowat uses in his experiment?
5. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) Towards the river
(b) In circles
(c) In zig-zags
(d) Up the nearest hill
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat goes to view an alleged slaughter of deer by wolves in what location?
2. What keeps George from reaching the female Husky?
3. What did Mowat believe the Eskimo family was trying to do to him?
4. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
5. Which of the three vegetation studies does Farley Mowat decide to undertake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
2. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
3. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
4. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
5. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
6. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
7. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
8. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
9. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
10. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)