|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
2. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
(a) His stomach growls
(b) She sees his shadow
(c) She smells him
(d) He trips on a branch
3. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
(a) Human mothers
(b) Arctic foxes
(c) Caribou herds
(d) Grizzly bears
4. What can happen if you ingest nematode worms?
(a) You will get diarrhea
(b) You will vomit continuously
(c) You will develop cysts
(d) You will choke to death
5. Farley Mowat watches the caribou from what vantage point?
(a) The roof of Mike's cabin
(b) A spot just above the den
(c) From inside his tent
(d) A crest overlooking a valley
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George play a joke on Albert?
2. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
3. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
4. What, according to Ootek, are the wolves howling about?
5. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
2. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
3. How do wolves maintain population control?
4. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
5. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
6. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
7. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
8. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
9. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
10. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)