|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the caribou migrate South?
(a) In November
(b) In October
(c) In September
(d) In December
2. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
(a) Five to ten individuals
(b) Three to seven individuals
(c) Ten to fifteen individuals
(d) One to five individuals
3. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
(a) He trips on a branch
(b) She smells him
(c) His stomach growls
(d) She sees his shadow
4. Who chases the does and fawns out of the valley?
(b) The pups
5. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
2. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
3. How did Uncle Albert relieve Farley Mowat's boredom during the summer?
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
5. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do wolves maintain population control?
2. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
3. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
4. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
5. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
6. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
7. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
8. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
9. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
10. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)