|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter takes place during which month?
2. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Forty years
3. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A pregnant doe
(b) A deformed fawn
(c) A young buck
(d) A healthy buck
4. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
5. How did Mowat react when Ootek lost the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) He scolded Ootek
(b) He fainted dead away
(c) He started crying
(d) He danced a jig
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike do when Ootek tells him about the wolves' message?
2. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
3. When do the caribou migrate South?
4. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
5. What did Mowat cook for his guests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
2. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
3. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
4. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
5. How do wolves maintain population control?
6. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
7. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
8. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
9. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
10. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)