|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the puppies playing with?
(a) An old log
(b) A caribou bone
(c) Uncle Albert
(d) A live mouse
2. Which governmental agency was asked to search for Farley Mowat?
(a) The Churchill City Council
(b) The Interior Department
(c) The Royal Canadian Mounties
(d) The Department of Forestry
3. Why did Mowat have to shut his eyes while throwing the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) To make sure it landed in a random spot
(b) To make sure he didn't see where it landed
(c) To keep himself from being blinded by the sun
(d) To keep himself from becoming too dizzy
4. What do the male caribou do when the wolves appear?
(a) Charge them
(b) Bellow loudly
(d) Run at them
5. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
(a) One to five individuals
(b) Three to seven individuals
(c) Five to ten individuals
(d) Ten to fifteen individuals
Short Answer Questions
1. How many caribou had been killed?
2. What does Mike do when Ootek tells him about the wolves' message?
3. Where does Farley Mowat go to observe the pups?
4. Who chases the does and fawns out of the valley?
5. When do the caribou migrate South?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
2. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
3. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
4. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
5. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
6. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
7. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
8. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
9. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
10. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)