|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
2. Mowat tells about one hunter killing over a hundred wolves in a single by using what method?
(a) A single rifle
(b) A machine gun
(c) Several wolf traps
(d) Widespread poison
3. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
(a) Run away
(b) Charge him
(c) Bellow loudly
4. What is Farley Mowat doing when he sees the wolves in this chapter?
5. This chapter takes place during which month?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
2. How many caribou had been killed?
3. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
4. What did Ootek later tell him they were doing?
5. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
2. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
3. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
4. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
5. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
6. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
7. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
8. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
9. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
10. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)