|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $5 to $10
(b) From $10 to $30
(c) From $15 to $25
(d) From $2 to $5
2. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
3. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's brother
(b) Angeline's father
(c) Angeline's mother
(d) Angeline's uncle
4. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
5. What do the wolves do when they see the caribou bucks?
(a) Try to catch them
(b) Pass on by
(c) Run away from them
(d) Kill one of them
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mowat believe the Eskimo family was trying to do to him?
2. What did Mowat cook for his guests?
3. How many caribou had been killed?
4. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
5. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
2. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
3. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
4. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
5. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
6. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
7. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
8. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
9. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
10. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)