|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which piece of equipment did Mowat find surprisingly useful in his study?
(a) One of the axes
(b) The shotgun
(c) The gas mask
(d) The gas grenade
2. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Forty years
(d) Thirty years
3. Mowat used Uncle Albert in this chapter to observe what aspect of wolf behavior?
(a) Alpha-dog status
(b) Hunting behavior
(c) Mating behavior
(d) Long-range travel
4. Who chases the does and fawns out of the valley?
(a) The pups
5. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $2 to $5
(b) From $15 to $25
(c) From $10 to $30
(d) From $5 to $10
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
2. What did Mowat believe the Eskimo family was trying to do to him?
3. What did Mowat cook for his guests?
4. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
5. What, according to Ootek, are the wolves howling about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
2. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
3. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
4. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
5. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
6. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
7. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
8. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
9. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
10. How do wolves maintain population control?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)