|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
(a) Bellow loudly
(b) Run away
(c) Charge him
2. What time did Ootek say George and Albert would return to the den?
(a) 12:17 p.m.
(b) At dusk
(c) Near dawn
(d) About midday
3. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
4. What is the name of Mike's dog that Mowat uses in his experiment?
5. Where does Farley Mowat go to observe the pups?
(a) A grove of pine trees
(b) A hill above the den
(c) An outcropping of rocks
(d) To the shore of the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the male caribou do when the wolves appear?
2. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
3. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
4. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
5. How did Uncle Albert relieve Farley Mowat's boredom during the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
2. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
3. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
4. Why don't wolves chase the caribou for more than about fifty yards?
5. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
6. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
7. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
8. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
9. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
10. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)