|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mowat believe the Eskimo family was trying to do to him?
(a) Hide him
(b) Clothe him
(c) Feed him
(d) Kill him
2. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
3. This chapter takes place during which month?
4. When do the caribou migrate South?
(a) In September
(b) In October
(c) In November
(d) In December
5. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
(a) An nest of maggots
(b) An inactive tapeworm
(c) A large mosquito
(d) A sucker fish
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Ootek say George and Albert would return to the den?
2. What noise frightens Farley Mowat as he makes his last visit to the wolves' den?
3. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
4. How was the wolf finally killed?
5. Which wolf seems the most restless?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do wolves maintain population control?
2. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
3. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
4. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
5. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
6. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
7. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
8. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
9. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
10. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)