|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the wolf finally killed?
(a) He was struck by a car
(b) He died of the disease
(c) He was killed by a bear
(d) He was shot by a soldier
2. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
(a) Run away
(b) Charge him
(d) Bellow loudly
3. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
(a) A large mosquito
(b) An inactive tapeworm
(c) An nest of maggots
(d) A sucker fish
4. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $10 to $30
(b) From $5 to $10
(c) From $2 to $5
(d) From $15 to $25
5. Mowat goes to view an alleged slaughter of deer by wolves in what location?
(a) Churchill Downs
(b) Manitoba Springs
(c) Mt. McKinley
(d) Fishduck Lake
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George play a joke on Albert?
2. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
3. Which of the three vegetation studies does Farley Mowat decide to undertake?
4. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
5. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
2. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
3. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
4. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
5. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
6. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
7. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
8. How do wolves maintain population control?
9. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
10. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)