|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Fourteen months
(b) Three years
(c) Four years
(d) Two years
2. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
(a) She sees his shadow
(b) She smells him
(c) His stomach growls
(d) He trips on a branch
3. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
(a) Three or four
(b) Two or three
(c) One or less
(d) As many as possible
4. What sound does Angeline make when she recognizes the visiting wolves?
(a) A whine
(b) A growl
(c) A howl
(d) A bark
5. Mowat goes to view an alleged slaughter of deer by wolves in what location?
(a) Churchill Downs
(b) Manitoba Springs
(c) Fishduck Lake
(d) Mt. McKinley
Short Answer Questions
1. Which wolf seems the most restless?
2. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
3. When do the caribou migrate South?
4. How was the wolf finally killed?
5. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
2. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
3. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
4. How do wolves maintain population control?
5. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
6. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
7. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
8. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
9. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
10. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)