|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Farley Mowat watches the caribou from what vantage point?
(a) A spot just above the den
(b) A crest overlooking a valley
(c) From inside his tent
(d) The roof of Mike's cabin
2. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
3. Which wolf seems the most restless?
(d) One of the pups
4. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She cleans them
(b) She sits down and howls
(c) She plays tag with them
(d) She regurgitates meat
5. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Three years
(b) Fourteen months
(c) Four years
(d) Two years
Short Answer Questions
1. What study did Mowat take up after losing the Raunkiaer's Circle?
2. Mowat goes to view an alleged slaughter of deer by wolves in what location?
3. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
4. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
5. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
2. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
3. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
4. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
5. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
6. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
7. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
8. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
9. Why do Farley Mowat and Ootek take a canoe trip?
10. How do wolves maintain population control?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)