|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does Angeline make when she recognizes the visiting wolves?
(a) A bark
(b) A howl
(c) A growl
(d) A whine
2. How did Mowat react when Ootek lost the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) He danced a jig
(b) He scolded Ootek
(c) He fainted dead away
(d) He started crying
3. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(a) Ill health
(c) Another pregnancy
4. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's uncle
(b) Angeline's mother
(c) Angeline's father
(d) Angeline's brother
5. How many caribou had been killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat goes to view an alleged slaughter of deer by wolves in what location?
2. What can happen if you ingest nematode worms?
3. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
5. Why do the pups run for their shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do wolves maintain population control?
2. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
3. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
4. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
5. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
6. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
7. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
8. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
9. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
10. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)