|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) In zig-zags
(b) Towards the river
(c) In circles
(d) Up the nearest hill
2. What time did Ootek say George and Albert would return to the den?
(a) 12:17 p.m.
(b) At dusk
(c) About midday
(d) Near dawn
3. What, according to Ootek, are the wolves howling about?
(b) Other wolves
(d) A storm
4. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
(a) Shortly before noon
(c) Just before sunset
(d) A little after dawn
5. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
(a) Charge him
(c) Bellow loudly
(d) Run away
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mowat react when Ootek lost the Raunkaier's Circle?
2. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
3. What were the puppies playing with?
4. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
5. What did Ootek later tell him they were doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ootek reject the idea of a human child being raised by wolves?
2. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
3. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
4. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
5. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
6. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
7. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
8. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
9. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
10. Why does Mike allow Mowat to use his female Husky in the experiment?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)