|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
(a) As many as possible
(b) One or less
(c) Three or four
(d) Two or three
2. What do the wolves do when they see the caribou bucks?
(a) Run away from them
(b) Kill one of them
(c) Try to catch them
(d) Pass on by
3. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
(a) Ootek tells Mowat what time the wolves will return
(b) Ootek learns about approaching friends from the wolves
(c) Ootek uses the wolf's information to find caribou
(d) Ootek tells Mike that the river will be flooding soon
4. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
(a) He runs in the other direction
(b) He turns into a buffoon
(c) He tries to bite her
(d) He pretends to ignore her
5. Why, according to Mowat, are the wolves taking a holiday?
(a) It's far too hot a day to go hunting
(b) They usually rest at least one day a week
(c) They are resting before migrating South
(d) They killed a caribou close to home
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
2. Which piece of equipment did Mowat find surprisingly useful in his study?
3. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
4. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
5. Which governmental agency was asked to search for Farley Mowat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
2. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
3. What does Mowat learn from his encounter in the the wolves' den?
4. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
5. How do wolves maintain population control?
6. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
7. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
8. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
9. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
10. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)