|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ootek later tell him they were doing?
(a) Trying to clothe him
(b) Trying to scare him
(c) Trying to save him
(d) Trying to hunt caribou
2. What do the male caribou do when the wolves appear?
(b) Charge them
(c) Run at them
(d) Bellow loudly
3. What does Mowat find inside the wolves' den?
(a) A group of foxes
(b) Angeline and a pup
(c) George and Albert
4. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A deformed fawn
(b) A young buck
(c) A healthy buck
(d) A pregnant doe
5. Mowat tells about one hunter killing over a hundred wolves in a single by using what method?
(a) Widespread poison
(b) A machine gun
(c) A single rifle
(d) Several wolf traps
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the pups run for their shelter?
2. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
3. What noise frightens Farley Mowat as he makes his last visit to the wolves' den?
4. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
5. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
2. What does Farley Mowat do when he sees the pack of wolves in this chapter?
3. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
4. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
5. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
6. Describe what the pups do when they are playing near the den?
7. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
8. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
9. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
10. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)