|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Marking their territory
(b) Hunting a single caribou
(c) Playing tag with each other
(d) Fighting over some meat
2. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Walking backwards up a slope
(b) Canoeing down the river
(c) Running full tilt down the hill
(d) Swimming across the river
3. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
(a) A wolf hunter
(b) A government agent
(c) A seal hunter
(d) A minor shaman
4. Young Mowat finds what dying animals on his grandparents' land?
(a) Five frogs
(b) Three catfish
(c) Four crabs
(d) Two turtles
5. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
(a) Five thrush eggs
(b) Two chicken eggs
(c) A dead chicken
(d) A caribou steak
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
2. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
3. The pilot landed on what terrain?
4. What is the name of his radio call sign?
5. Who or what is Amorak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. Describe the area around the wolf den.
4. How did Mowat's grandmother react to his wildlife project?
5. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
6. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
7. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
8. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
9. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
10. Why does Farley Mowat need to leave his observation site?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)