|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction does Mike go?
2. What animals does Mowat witness Angeline hunting?
(a) Ducks and geese
(b) Geese and rabbits
(c) Ducks and mice
(d) Rabbits and mice
3. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A caribou
(b) A human
(c) A wolf
(d) A salmon
4. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
5. What is the name of his radio call sign?
(c) Lil' Abner
(d) Daisy Mae
Short Answer Questions
1. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
2. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
3. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
4. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
5. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
2. Where did the pilot end up leaving Mowat?
3. Describe Mike's character.
4. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
5. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
6. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
7. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
8. How did Mowat's grandmother react to his wildlife project?
9. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
10. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)