|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A stewpot
(c) A sleeping bag
(d) A weapon
2. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
(a) 140 pounds
(b) 180 pounds
(c) 107 pounds
(d) 170 pounds
3. Mowat's radio has a range of how many miles?
(a) 80 miles
(b) 20 miles
(c) 40 miles
(d) 60 miles
4. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A caribou
(b) A wolf
(c) A salmon
(d) A human
5. What, according to Mowat are the most bloodthirsty beats in the Arctic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike's age?
2. The plane flew at what altitude?
3. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
4. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
5. What makes the cabin smell bad?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
2. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
3. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
4. What is "wolf-juice?"
5. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
6. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
7. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
8. What stories did Mowat hear from the people in Churchill about wolves?
9. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
10. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)