|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does he put the animals?
(a) In the toilet
(b) In the sink
(c) In the bathtub
(d) In the wash bucket
2. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
(a) Because other wolves might eat other animals
(b) Because it was such a revolutionary idea
(c) Because mouse-lovers might get upset
(d) Because he didn't believe the idea himself
3. How many pilots were available in Churchill by the time Mowat arrived?
4. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
(a) Behind a grove of trees.
(b) Across the river from the den.
(c) Downwind of the wolves.
(d) Inside a convenient cave.
5. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) At dawn
(b) About 9:00 a.m.
(c) About 4:00 p.m.
(d) At noon
Short Answer Questions
1. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
2. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
3. His radio has reached which country?
4. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
5. The following day, Mowat investigates what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
2. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
3. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
4. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
5. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
6. What effect did his message have on the Department?
7. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
8. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
9. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
10. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)