|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
(a) Six inches
(b) Four inches
(c) Three inches
(d) Five inches
2. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
(a) 400 miles
(b) 600 miles
(c) 300 miles
(d) 500 miles
3. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
(a) Feeding only mice to a dog, while feeding caribou to another dog
(b) Preventing the wolves from hunting any prey but mice for several months
(c) Eating only mice for a time, then eating fresh fish and canned meat
(d) Eating only mice, then comparing himself to Mike, who lived on caribou
4. Mowat's directive was to transport by what means?
(b) Dog sled
(c) On foot
(d) Inflated raft
5. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) On one ski
(b) With a splash
(c) With no tail
(d) With an open door
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of his radio call sign?
2. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
3. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
4. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
5. What does Farley Mowat try to feed the wolves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
2. Where did the pilot end up leaving Mowat?
3. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
4. What stories did Mowat hear from the people in Churchill about wolves?
5. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
6. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
7. What is "wolf-juice?"
8. Describe a "wolf nap."
9. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
10. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)