|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
2. What does Farley Mowat try to feed the wolves?
(b) Cooked steaks
(c) Loaves of bread
(d) Raw steaks
3. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
4. What animals does Mowat witness Angeline hunting?
(a) Ducks and mice
(b) Ducks and geese
(c) Rabbits and mice
(d) Geese and rabbits
5. There, Mowat encounters:
(a) A curious wolf cub
(b) Some hungry mice
(c) Some vicious fish
(d) An old trapper
Short Answer Questions
1. How much territory do they cover in a nightly hunt, according to Farley Mowat's estimates?
2. Who trips the mouse traps?
3. Mowat's directive was to transport by what means?
4. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
5. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
2. Describe Mike's character.
3. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
4. Describe the area around the wolf den.
5. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
6. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
7. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
8. Why did Ootek leave the tent after hearing the wolves in the distance?
9. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
10. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)