|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
2. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
(a) A boulder from which he could observe the den
(b) About a hundred yards of the wolves' trail
(c) A place where he could fish in the river
(d) An area where the pups often came to play
3. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
(a) A weapon
(b) A tea kettle
(c) A sleeping bag
(d) A stewpot
4. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
5. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Walking backwards up a slope
(b) Swimming across the river
(c) Running full tilt down the hill
(d) Canoeing down the river
Short Answer Questions
1. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
2. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
3. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
4. What is Mowat's first salary?
5. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
2. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
3. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
4. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
5. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
6. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
7. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
8. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
9. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
10. Describe the area around the wolf den.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)