|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(b) Rubbing alcohol
2. Young Mowat finds what dying animals on his grandparents' land?
(a) Two turtles
(b) Three catfish
(c) Five frogs
(d) Four crabs
3. What does Mowat do when he hears the wolf howl?
(a) He immediately plays
(b) He slides clumsily down the esker
(c) He gets his shotgun out and cocks it
(d) He runs for the cabin
4. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
(a) It burns down
(b) It floods
(c) It collapses
(d) It blows away
5. The following day, Mowat investigates what?
(a) His cabin
(b) The riverbed
(c) The local town
(d) The wolf den
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
2. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
3. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
4. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
5. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
2. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
3. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
4. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
5. How did Mowat's grandmother react to his wildlife project?
6. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
7. Describe the area around the wolf den.
8. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
9. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
10. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)