|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mowat finally see the wolves?
(a) Frolicking in the river
(b) Running through a nearby valley
(c) Just outside the wolf den
(d) About twenty feet behind him
2. Mowat's directive was to transport by what means?
(a) Dog sled
(c) On foot
(d) Inflated raft
3. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
4. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Over a hill
(b) Into a den
(c) Behind a boulder
(d) Across the river
5. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. There, Mowat encounters:
2. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
3. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
4. The following day, Mowat investigates what?
5. The pilot landed on what terrain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
2. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
3. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
4. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
5. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
6. Describe Mike's character.
7. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
8. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
9. What is "wolf-juice?"
10. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)