|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
(a) Small cargo plane
(b) Medium-sized jet
(c) Large helicopter
(d) Twin-engine plane
2. Where do the wolves keep their meat cache?
(a) Down near the river's edge
(b) Just over a small hill
(c) In some boulders by the den
(d) About half a mile from the den
3. Where does Mowat first encounter a wolf?
(a) On an ice floe
(b) In the cabin
(c) On a ridge
(d) In a cave
4. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
5. What gear is labeled "danger?"
(a) Grain alcohol
(c) Smoke generators
Short Answer Questions
1. His message is identified as coming from:
2. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
3. What is Mike's age?
4. What is the pilot's dream?
5. What does Mowat do when he hears the wolf howl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
2. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
3. What is "wolf-juice?"
4. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
5. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
6. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
7. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
8. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
9. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
10. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)