|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Name the expense that is being debited against his salary.
(a) A pilot's fee
(b) A box of beer
(c) A radiogram
(d) A broken canoe
2. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) A drunken pilot
(b) Frozen skis
(c) A faulty engine
(d) A broken wing
3. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A cassette tape recorder
(b) A waterproof cushion
(c) A high-powered shotgun
(d) A high-powered telescope
4. What does the wolf do?
(a) Run away
(b) Snarls angriy
(c) Attacks Mowat
(d) Bites Mowat
5. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
(a) Six inches
(b) Four inches
(c) Five inches
(d) Three inches
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
2. The radio batteries are good for how long?
3. Who or what is Amorak?
4. His radio message was forwarded to whom?
5. What does Uncle Albert do to his offering of food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
2. What, according to Mike, did Ootek learn from the wolf howls about caribou?
3. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
4. How did Farley Mowat get back to civilization?
5. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
6. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
7. What is the purpose of the Raunkaier's Circle?
8. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
9. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
10. How does the wolf keep the caribou herd strong?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)