|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His message is identified as coming from:
(a) Farley Womat
(b) Varley Monfat
(c) Fonley Momat
(d) Marley Fonvat
2. Mowat's directive was to transport by what means?
(b) Inflated raft
(c) Dog sled
(d) On foot
3. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Fighting over some meat
(b) Playing tag with each other
(c) Hunting a single caribou
(d) Marking their territory
4. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
5. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
2. Mike lives alone in how many square miles?
3. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
4. How much territory do they cover in a nightly hunt, according to Farley Mowat's estimates?
5. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
2. What effect did his message have on the Department?
3. Describe Mike's character.
4. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
5. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
6. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
7. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
8. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
9. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
10. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)