|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
(a) Eating only mice for a time, then eating fresh fish and canned meat
(b) Feeding only mice to a dog, while feeding caribou to another dog
(c) Eating only mice, then comparing himself to Mike, who lived on caribou
(d) Preventing the wolves from hunting any prey but mice for several months
2. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
(c) Green Acres
3. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
(a) A government agent
(b) A minor shaman
(c) A seal hunter
(d) A wolf hunter
4. When did the pilot promise to return?
(a) At the full moon
(b) Next year
(c) In the fall
(d) In the spring
5. Mike takes Mowat where?
(a) To his family
(b) To another valley
(c) To Churchill
(d) To his cabin
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
2. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
3. What is the pilot's dream?
4. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
5. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
2. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
3. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
4. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
5. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
6. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
7. What is "wolf-juice?"
8. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
9. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
10. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)