|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Mowat's operations order?
2. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Over a hill
(b) Across the river
(c) Into a den
(d) Behind a boulder
3. Mowat includes a recipe in this chapter for what dish?
(a) Mouse stew with potatoes and carrots
(b) Barbequed mice with pepper sauce
(c) Fried mice in a cream sauce
(d) A baked casserole made from mice
4. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(d) Rubbing alcohol
5. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
(a) Pocket compass
(d) Water bottle
Short Answer Questions
1. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
2. What gear is labeled "danger?"
3. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
4. Mowat's first report on wolves to his department was written while he was:
5. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the names that Farley Mowat gives to the wolves.
2. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
3. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
4. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
5. Where did the pilot end up leaving Mowat?
6. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
7. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
8. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
9. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
10. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)