|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
(a) Short and stout
(b) A weight lifter
(c) Tall and lanky
(d) Rather disabled
2. What does Mowat show to Mike?
(a) Family pictures
(b) Scientific equipment
(c) Photo supplies
3. What game does Mowat see the pups playing with Uncle Albert?
(a) King of the Hill
(b) Ring Around the Rosy
(d) Hide and Go Seek
4. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A rock cave
(b) A volcanic cone
(c) A giant cliff
(d) A sand esker
5. The Deputy Minister wants to be called by which title?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
2. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
3. What is the pilot's dream?
4. What does Mowat do when he hears the wolf howl?
5. How does Mowat make his retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
2. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
3. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
4. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
5. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
6. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
7. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
8. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
9. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
10. What is "wolf-juice?"
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)