|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Mowat's operations order?
2. When did the pilot promise to return?
(a) Next year
(b) In the spring
(c) In the fall
(d) At the full moon
3. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
(a) Grizzly Bears
(b) Gray Wolves
(d) Red Wolves
4. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) At noon
(b) About 9:00 a.m.
(c) At dawn
(d) About 4:00 p.m.
5. What does the wolf do?
(a) Snarls angriy
(b) Run away
(c) Bites Mowat
(d) Attacks Mowat
Short Answer Questions
1. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
2. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
3. What is Mowat's first salary?
4. The plane flew at what altitude?
5. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
2. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
3. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
4. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
5. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
6. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
7. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
8. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
9. Why didn't the Eskimos stay to eat dinner with Mowat?
10. What is the purpose of the cubs continuing to chase the does and fawns?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)