|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
(a) It floods
(b) It burns down
(c) It collapses
(d) It blows away
2. Which direction does Mike go?
3. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) At dawn
(b) About 4:00 p.m.
(c) At noon
(d) About 9:00 a.m.
4. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A rock cave
(b) A sand esker
(c) A giant cliff
(d) A volcanic cone
5. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(b) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(c) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(d) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
Short Answer Questions
1. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
2. How does Mowat make his retreat?
3. The radio batteries are good for how long?
4. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
5. How many pilots were available in Churchill by the time Mowat arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
2. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
3. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
4. What effect did his message have on the Department?
5. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
6. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
7. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
8. What is "wolf-juice?"
9. Describe a "wolf nap."
10. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)