|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(a) Human hunters
(b) Global warming
(c) Arctic Wolves
2. What gear is labeled "danger?"
(a) Grain alcohol
(c) Smoke generators
3. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
(a) Near the wolves' den
(b) Inside the cabin
(c) Inside his own tent
(d) In a bog near his tent
4. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
(a) Short and stout
(b) Rather disabled
(c) Tall and lanky
(d) A weight lifter
5. As a child, Farley Wowat lives in which Canadian city?
Short Answer Questions
1. He is directed to survey which species?
2. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
3. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
4. Mowat's directive was to transport by what means?
5. What does Mowat do when he hears the wolf howl?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Farley Mowat have difficulty getting to sleep?
2. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
3. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
4. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
5. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
6. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
7. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
8. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
9. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
10. Describe Mike's character.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)