|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
(a) Every six months or so
(b) With a single partner for life
(c) With several different partners
(d) Only after a long courtship
2. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
3. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Fighting over some meat
(b) Marking their territory
(c) Playing tag with each other
(d) Hunting a single caribou
4. The following day, Mowat investigates what?
(a) The local town
(b) His cabin
(c) The riverbed
(d) The wolf den
5. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
(b) Water bottle
(d) Pocket compass
Short Answer Questions
1. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
2. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
3. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
4. The plane flew at what altitude?
5. How much territory do they cover in a nightly hunt, according to Farley Mowat's estimates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe a "wolf nap."
2. Describe the area around the wolf den.
3. How did Mowat's grandmother react to his wildlife project?
4. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
5. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
6. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
7. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
8. Why is Mowat sent to study the wolves?
9. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
10. What effect did his message have on the Department?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)