|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pilot wear?
(a) A decorated vest
(b) A fur jacket
(c) A leather helmet
(d) A silk scarf
2. He is directed to survey which species?
(a) Canis rufus
(b) Canis lupus
(c) Canis nubilis
(d) Canis familiaris
3. His message is identified as coming from:
(a) Marley Fonvat
(b) Varley Monfat
(c) Farley Womat
(d) Fonley Momat
4. What does Uncle Albert do to his offering of food?
(a) Pee on it
(b) Push it away
(c) Eat it
(d) Bury it
5. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) With a splash
(b) With an open door
(c) With no tail
(d) On one ski
Short Answer Questions
1. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
2. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
3. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
4. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
5. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
2. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
3. What is "wolf-juice?"
4. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
5. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
6. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
7. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
8. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
9. How do Huskies differ from wolves?
10. What was the response to Mowat's reporting of the caribou slaughter by human hunters?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)