|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
2. Scatology is the study of animal:
3. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
(a) Bone setting
(b) Brain surgery
(c) Human dissection
(d) Map reading
4. The plane flew at what altitude?
(a) 500 feet
(b) 600 feet
(c) 300 feet
(d) 400 feet
5. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
(a) 140 pounds
(b) 107 pounds
(c) 180 pounds
(d) 170 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
2. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
3. Where does Mowat first encounter a wolf?
4. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
5. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
2. What do the strange wolves do when they are with Angeline?
3. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
4. How do wolves maintain population control?
5. How do the wolves act when they come upon the caribou herd?
6. What is "wolf-juice?"
7. Explain Ootek's statement that there are no orphans among the wolves.
8. How, according to Mowat, does Angeline play jokes on George when he returns from hunting?
9. Why do the adult wolves give up running after the does and fawns?
10. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)