|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who trips the mouse traps?
(b) Farley Mowat
2. The pilot landed on what terrain?
(a) A mountaintop
(b) A frozen lake
(c) A forest clearing
(d) A permafrost plain
3. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
4. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he covered all the ground and then some
(b) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(c) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(d) That he did it on one tank of fuel
5. Who introduces Mowat to wolf-juice?
(a) The local bartender
(b) A bush pilot
(c) A working woman
(d) An old trapper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
2. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
3. Where does Mowat first encounter a wolf?
4. Scatology is the study of animal:
5. Where do the wolves keep their meat cache?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect did his message have on the Department?
2. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
3. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
4. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
5. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
6. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
7. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
8. Why does Farley Mowat start eating mice?
9. What piece of equipment was Mowat forced to leave behind when he flew out of Churchill?
10. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)