|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) With an open door
(b) On one ski
(c) With a splash
(d) With no tail
2. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Into a den
(b) Over a hill
(c) Behind a boulder
(d) Across the river
3. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To forget about war
(b) To discover new territory
(c) To escape from the city
(d) To start his own airline
4. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) The name of Ootek's tribe
(b) The coat that Ootek wears
(c) A tiny town in Manitoba
(d) The spirit of the wolf
5. Mike lives alone in how many square miles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
2. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
3. Mowat's radio has a range of how many miles?
4. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
5. His radio message was forwarded to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
2. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
3. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
4. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
5. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
6. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
7. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
8. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
9. How does the wolf react to Mowat's territory markings?
10. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)