|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
(b) Extra water
(c) Mosquito repellent
(d) Suntan lotion
2. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Swimming across the river
(b) Canoeing down the river
(c) Walking backwards up a slope
(d) Running full tilt down the hill
3. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
4. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
(a) Moose Juice
(b) The canoe
5. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) Frozen skis
(b) A faulty engine
(c) A drunken pilot
(d) A broken wing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of his radio call sign?
2. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
3. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
4. Who is Kaila?
5. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
2. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
3. Describe a "wolf nap."
4. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
5. What effect did his message have on the Department?
6. What conclusion does Mowat draw from the number of bones in the area around the cabin?
7. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
8. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
9. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
10. Why is Farley Mowat so disturbed by what Mike tells him about hunting caribou?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)