|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
2. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Chinook Salmon
(b) Ling cod
(c) Rainbow trout
(d) Northern pike
3. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
4. What game does Mowat see the pups playing with Uncle Albert?
(a) King of the Hill
(b) Ring Around the Rosy
(c) Hide and Go Seek
5. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
(a) Five thrush eggs
(b) A caribou steak
(c) Two chicken eggs
(d) A dead chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
2. Mowat chooses which professional field?
3. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
4. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
5. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
2. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
3. Describe the area around the wolf den.
4. Why did the pilot scold Mowat?
5. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
6. What happened to the former chief of the Department?
7. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
8. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
9. How do the wolves confound Farley Mowat's expectations in this chapter?
10. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)