Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
(a) Human dissection
(b) Bone setting
(c) Map reading
(d) Brain surgery
2. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
3. His message is identified as coming from:
(a) Marley Fonvat
(b) Farley Womat
(c) Varley Monfat
(d) Fonley Momat
4. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
(a) Suntan lotion
(c) Mosquito repellent
(d) Extra water
5. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) A cranky crate
(b) His best friend
(c) A trusty flyer
(d) An old kite
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
2. Mike lives alone in how many square miles?
3. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
4. Scatology is the study of animal:
5. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally brought Mowat's stay in Churchill to an end?
2. Why is Mowat especially embarrassed when Angeline shows her disdain of him?
3. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
4. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
5. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
6. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
7. How do wolves maintain population control?
8. Describe the area around the wolf den.
9. What effect did his message have on the Department?
10. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)