|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His radio message was forwarded to whom?
(a) His professor
(b) His bartender
(c) His pilot
(d) His chief
2. What does Mowat show to Mike?
(b) Photo supplies
(c) Scientific equipment
(d) Family pictures
3. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Hunting a single caribou
(b) Marking their territory
(c) Fighting over some meat
(d) Playing tag with each other
4. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) A tiny town in Manitoba
(b) The coat that Ootek wears
(c) The spirit of the wolf
(d) The name of Ootek's tribe
5. Where does he put the animals?
(a) In the toilet
(b) In the bathtub
(c) In the sink
(d) In the wash bucket
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
2. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
3. What does the wolf do?
4. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
5. Who introduces Mowat to wolf-juice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What course of action does Mowat undertake when he cannot follow his instructions?
2. What was the purpose of the tear-gas grenades that Farley Mowat was equipped with?
3. What circumstances prevented Mowat from making the extensive general survey mandated by his instructions?
4. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
5. Where did the pilot end up leaving Mowat?
6. What plan does Mowat undertake in the morning?
7. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
8. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
9. How does Angeline hunt for animals in the area around the wolves' den?
10. What rumor went around Churchill about Mowat's "real" purpose for being in the area?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)