|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
(b) Suntan lotion
(c) Mosquito repellent
(d) Extra water
2. What language does Mowat hear on his radio?
3. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
(a) Because mouse-lovers might get upset
(b) Because he didn't believe the idea himself
(c) Because other wolves might eat other animals
(d) Because it was such a revolutionary idea
4. Name the expense that is being debited against his salary.
(a) A box of beer
(b) A pilot's fee
(c) A radiogram
(d) A broken canoe
5. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
2. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
3. There, Mowat encounters:
4. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
5. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mowat do to protect himself when he thinks he hears wolves approaching?
2. What incident stated Farley Mowat on his future career as a biologist?
3. Why does Mowat break his mouse-only diet?
4. In the story that Ootek tells, what is the relationship of the wolf and the caribou?
5. How does Mowat finally find the wolves?
6. What reason does Mike give for leaving his cabin?
7. What resolution does Farley Mowat make at the end of this chapter?
8. How does Mowat engage Mike's help in setting up his base camp?
9. Where does Farley Mowat move to when he leaves the cabin?
10. What unfortunate incident happens after Farley Mowat sets out his mouse traps?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)