|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She plays tag with them
(b) She regurgitates meat
(c) She sits down and howls
(d) She cleans them
2. Why do the pups run for their shelter?
(a) A kestrel screams nearby
(b) A black bear lumbers by
(c) Mowat starts making noise
(d) A raven passes overhead
3. Mowat used Uncle Albert in this chapter to observe what aspect of wolf behavior?
(a) Long-range travel
(b) Mating behavior
(c) Hunting behavior
(d) Alpha-dog status
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Fighting off a group of foxes
(b) Attack and killing a caribou
(c) Moving the pups to a new location
(d) Visiting with another group of wolves
5. What sound does Angeline make when she recognizes the visiting wolves?
(a) A bark
(b) A howl
(c) A growl
(d) A whine
6. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
7. This chapter takes place during which month?
8. What does Mowat find inside the wolves' den?
(a) Angeline and a pup
(c) A group of foxes
(d) George and Albert
9. When do the caribou migrate South?
(a) In October
(b) In November
(c) In December
(d) In September
10. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
(a) His stomach growls
(b) He trips on a branch
(c) She smells him
(d) She sees his shadow
11. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A healthy buck
(b) A pregnant doe
(c) A young buck
(d) A deformed fawn
12. Which wolf seems the most restless?
(b) One of the pups
13. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
(b) A little after dawn
(c) Just before sunset
(d) Shortly before noon
14. Who chases the does and fawns out of the valley?
(b) The pups
15. Mowat confesses that he didn't believe Ootek's story until what happens?
(a) Mike insists that the story was true and he was there
(b) Ootek takes him on a trip to visit the site of the event
(c) He hears a similar story from a white naturalist
(d) Mowat sees the wolves he's observing do the same thing
Short Answer Questions
1. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
2. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
3. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
4. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
5. Why does Mowat go into the wolves' den?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)