|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
(a) One or less
(b) As many as possible
(c) Three or four
(d) Two or three
2. What did Mowat believe the Eskimo family was trying to do to him?
(a) Feed him
(b) Clothe him
(c) Hide him
(d) Kill him
3. How long do Albert and the Husky stay together?
(a) Only two days
(b) A few hours
(c) Over a month
(d) About a week
4. How many caribou had been killed?
5. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Twenty-five years
(c) Twenty years
(d) Forty years
6. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) In circles
(b) Towards the river
(c) In zig-zags
(d) Up the nearest hill
7. Why do the pups run for their shelter?
(a) A black bear lumbers by
(b) Mowat starts making noise
(c) A kestrel screams nearby
(d) A raven passes overhead
8. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
9. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Fourteen months
(b) Two years
(c) Three years
(d) Four years
10. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
(a) He turns into a buffoon
(b) He pretends to ignore her
(c) He tries to bite her
(d) He runs in the other direction
11. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(c) Ill health
(d) Another pregnancy
12. What does Mowat find inside the wolves' den?
(a) A group of foxes
(b) George and Albert
(c) Angeline and a pup
13. What can happen if you ingest nematode worms?
(a) You will vomit continuously
(b) You will choke to death
(c) You will develop cysts
(d) You will get diarrhea
14. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
15. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
(a) Ootek tells Mowat what time the wolves will return
(b) Ootek uses the wolf's information to find caribou
(c) Ootek tells Mike that the river will be flooding soon
(d) Ootek learns about approaching friends from the wolves
Short Answer Questions
1. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
2. Who chases the does and fawns out of the valley?
3. What does Mowat do after leaving the wolves' den?
4. How was the wolf finally killed?
5. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)