|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Farley Mowat go to observe the pups?
(a) To the shore of the river
(b) A grove of pine trees
(c) An outcropping of rocks
(d) A hill above the den
2. How did Uncle Albert relieve Farley Mowat's boredom during the summer?
(a) He fell in love
(b) He clowned while hunting
(c) He played with the pups
(d) He fought a black bear
3. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
4. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Two years
(b) Fourteen months
(c) Three years
(d) Four years
5. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A healthy buck
(b) A pregnant doe
(c) A young buck
(d) A deformed fawn
6. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $2 to $5
(b) From $5 to $10
(c) From $15 to $25
(d) From $10 to $30
7. What is the name of Mike's dog that Mowat uses in his experiment?
8. When do the caribou migrate South?
(a) In October
(b) In September
(c) In November
(d) In December
9. Mowat goes to view an alleged slaughter of deer by wolves in what location?
(a) Churchill Downs
(b) Manitoba Springs
(c) Fishduck Lake
(d) Mt. McKinley
10. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
11. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She cleans them
(b) She regurgitates meat
(c) She plays tag with them
(d) She sits down and howls
12. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
13. What does Mowat do after leaving the wolves' den?
(a) He makes a few notes
(b) He picks up a stone
(c) He swims in the river
(d) He smokes a cigarette
14. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) In circles
(b) Towards the river
(c) In zig-zags
(d) Up the nearest hill
15. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
(a) Human mothers
(b) Caribou herds
(c) Grizzly bears
(d) Arctic foxes
Short Answer Questions
1. What can happen if you ingest nematode worms?
2. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
3. What did Mowat cook for his guests?
4. How does George play a joke on Albert?
5. How many wolf-killed caribou did Farley Mowat examine?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)