|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A pregnant doe
(b) A young buck
(c) A healthy buck
(d) A deformed fawn
2. This chapter takes place during which month?
3. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
(a) Grizzly bears
(b) Human mothers
(c) Caribou herds
(d) Arctic foxes
4. How did Uncle Albert relieve Farley Mowat's boredom during the summer?
(a) He fell in love
(b) He clowned while hunting
(c) He fought a black bear
(d) He played with the pups
5. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(a) Ill health
(b) Another pregnancy
6. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
7. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Fighting off a group of foxes
(b) Moving the pups to a new location
(c) Attack and killing a caribou
(d) Visiting with another group of wolves
8. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
9. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) Up the nearest hill
(b) In circles
(c) Towards the river
(d) In zig-zags
10. What did Ootek later tell him they were doing?
(a) Trying to hunt caribou
(b) Trying to clothe him
(c) Trying to scare him
(d) Trying to save him
11. How long do Albert and the Husky stay together?
(a) Over a month
(b) Only two days
(c) A few hours
(d) About a week
12. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
13. What did Mowat believe the Eskimo family was trying to do to him?
(a) Kill him
(b) Feed him
(c) Hide him
(d) Clothe him
14. What does Mike do when Ootek tells him about the wolves' message?
(a) He ties the dogs close to the cabin
(b) He packs up for a hunting trip
(c) He closes the cabin door for the night
(d) He sets out traps for the wolves
15. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's mother
(b) Angeline's father
(c) Angeline's brother
(d) Angeline's uncle
Short Answer Questions
1. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
2. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
3. Which wolf seems the most restless?
4. How was the wolf finally killed?
5. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)