|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Fighting off a group of foxes
(b) Moving the pups to a new location
(c) Visiting with another group of wolves
(d) Attack and killing a caribou
2. Which piece of equipment did Mowat find surprisingly useful in his study?
(a) The gas grenade
(b) One of the axes
(c) The gas mask
(d) The shotgun
3. How long do Albert and the Husky stay together?
(a) A few hours
(b) Only two days
(c) Over a month
(d) About a week
4. Which governmental agency was asked to search for Farley Mowat?
(a) The Churchill City Council
(b) The Interior Department
(c) The Royal Canadian Mounties
(d) The Department of Forestry
5. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) In circles
(b) Towards the river
(c) Up the nearest hill
(d) In zig-zags
6. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
7. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
8. Where does Farley Mowat go to observe the pups?
(a) To the shore of the river
(b) A hill above the den
(c) A grove of pine trees
(d) An outcropping of rocks
9. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
10. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
(a) Caribou herds
(b) Human mothers
(c) Arctic foxes
(d) Grizzly bears
11. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $10 to $30
(b) From $5 to $10
(c) From $15 to $25
(d) From $2 to $5
12. Mowat tells about one hunter killing over a hundred wolves in a single by using what method?
(a) Several wolf traps
(b) Widespread poison
(c) A machine gun
(d) A single rifle
13. How was the wolf finally killed?
(a) He was killed by a bear
(b) He died of the disease
(c) He was shot by a soldier
(d) He was struck by a car
14. What does Mowat do after leaving the wolves' den?
(a) He picks up a stone
(b) He swims in the river
(c) He makes a few notes
(d) He smokes a cigarette
15. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
(a) An nest of maggots
(b) A sucker fish
(c) A large mosquito
(d) An inactive tapeworm
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise frightens Farley Mowat as he makes his last visit to the wolves' den?
2. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
3. How did Mowat react when Ootek lost the Raunkaier's Circle?
4. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
5. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)