|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
2. What sound does Angeline make when she recognizes the visiting wolves?
(a) A bark
(b) A whine
(c) A growl
(d) A howl
3. Which of the three vegetation studies does Farley Mowat decide to undertake?
4. What can happen if you ingest nematode worms?
(a) You will get diarrhea
(b) You will develop cysts
(c) You will choke to death
(d) You will vomit continuously
5. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
(a) His stomach growls
(b) She smells him
(c) He trips on a branch
(d) She sees his shadow
6. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's father
(b) Angeline's mother
(c) Angeline's uncle
(d) Angeline's brother
7. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
8. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A deformed fawn
(b) A healthy buck
(c) A young buck
(d) A pregnant doe
9. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Moving the pups to a new location
(b) Attack and killing a caribou
(c) Fighting off a group of foxes
(d) Visiting with another group of wolves
10. Why do the pups run for their shelter?
(a) Mowat starts making noise
(b) A black bear lumbers by
(c) A raven passes overhead
(d) A kestrel screams nearby
11. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
12. What parasite does Farley Mowat show to Ootek?
(a) An inactive tapeworm
(b) An nest of maggots
(c) A large mosquito
(d) A sucker fish
13. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
14. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
(a) Twenty-five years
(b) Thirty years
(c) Forty years
(d) Twenty years
15. What does Mowat find inside the wolves' den?
(a) George and Albert
(b) A group of foxes
(c) Angeline and a pup
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Albert and the Husky stay together?
2. Why did Mowat have to shut his eyes while throwing the Raunkaier's Circle?
3. Who chases the does and fawns out of the valley?
4. What, according to Ootek, are the wolves howling about?
5. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)