|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps George from reaching the female Husky?
(a) Mowat fires his gun
(b) He gets confused
(c) Angeline trips him
(d) Albert fights him off
2. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
(a) Bellow loudly
(b) Run away
(c) Charge him
3. Which wolf seems the most restless?
(c) One of the pups
4. What, according to Ootek, are the wolves howling about?
(b) Other wolves
(c) A storm
5. Mowat is surprised to see what with the wolves?
(a) Some of Mike's dogs
(b) A dark-gray wolf
(c) A pack of foxes
(d) Ootek and Mike
6. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(b) Ill health
(d) Another pregnancy
7. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
(a) He pretends to ignore her
(b) He tries to bite her
(c) He turns into a buffoon
(d) He runs in the other direction
8. How many caribou is a wolf pack likely to kill on a single hunt?
(a) Two or three
(b) Three or four
(c) As many as possible
(d) One or less
9. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
10. This chapter takes place during which month?
11. Why does Mowat go into the wolves' den?
(a) To look for George
(b) To measure it
(c) To hide inside it
(d) To collect wolf scats
12. What is Farley Mowat doing when he sees the wolves in this chapter?
13. Which piece of equipment did Mowat find surprisingly useful in his study?
(a) The gas mask
(b) One of the axes
(c) The shotgun
(d) The gas grenade
14. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's father
(b) Angeline's brother
(c) Angeline's uncle
(d) Angeline's mother
15. What study did Mowat take up after losing the Raunkiaer's Circle?
(a) He studied the wolf scats he'd collected
(b) He found a dead wolf and dissected it
(c) He did a survey on the number of ducks
(d) He compared wolf and dog behavior
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
2. How many caribou had been killed?
3. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
4. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
5. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)