|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Four years
(b) Fourteen months
(c) Two years
(d) Three years
2. How does Albert first react to the female Husky?
(a) He pretends to ignore her
(b) He runs in the other direction
(c) He tries to bite her
(d) He turns into a buffoon
3. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She cleans them
(b) She plays tag with them
(c) She sits down and howls
(d) She regurgitates meat
4. Which wolf seems the most restless?
(d) One of the pups
5. Which piece of equipment did Mowat find surprisingly useful in his study?
(a) The gas mask
(b) The gas grenade
(c) The shotgun
(d) One of the axes
6. How many caribou had been killed?
7. What does Mike do when Ootek tells him about the wolves' message?
(a) He packs up for a hunting trip
(b) He sets out traps for the wolves
(c) He ties the dogs close to the cabin
(d) He closes the cabin door for the night
8. What time did Ootek say George and Albert would return to the den?
(a) Near dawn
(b) At dusk
(c) 12:17 p.m.
(d) About midday
9. Why did Mowat have to shut his eyes while throwing the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) To make sure he didn't see where it landed
(b) To keep himself from being blinded by the sun
(c) To make sure it landed in a random spot
(d) To keep himself from becoming too dizzy
10. Which of the three vegetation studies does Farley Mowat decide to undertake?
11. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
(a) A little after dawn
(c) Shortly before noon
(d) Just before sunset
12. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(a) Another pregnancy
(d) Ill health
13. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
(a) They were taken in by Ootek and his dogs
(b) They died from starvation after two weeks
(c) They were sold to a white trapper
(d) They were adopted by another pair of wolves
14. Mowat used Uncle Albert in this chapter to observe what aspect of wolf behavior?
(a) Hunting behavior
(b) Long-range travel
(c) Alpha-dog status
(d) Mating behavior
15. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $5 to $10
(b) From $10 to $30
(c) From $15 to $25
(d) From $2 to $5
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
2. How was the wolf finally killed?
3. This chapter takes place during which month?
4. What keeps George from reaching the female Husky?
5. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)