|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter takes place during which month?
2. What do the wolves do when they see the caribou bucks?
(a) Kill one of them
(b) Run away from them
(c) Try to catch them
(d) Pass on by
3. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She regurgitates meat
(b) She cleans them
(c) She sits down and howls
(d) She plays tag with them
4. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's mother
(b) Angeline's father
(c) Angeline's uncle
(d) Angeline's brother
5. What is Farley Mowat doing when he sees the wolves in this chapter?
6. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
(a) Five to ten individuals
(b) Three to seven individuals
(c) One to five individuals
(d) Ten to fifteen individuals
7. Which piece of equipment did Mowat find surprisingly useful in his study?
(a) The gas grenade
(b) One of the axes
(c) The shotgun
(d) The gas mask
8. What study did Mowat take up after losing the Raunkiaer's Circle?
(a) He did a survey on the number of ducks
(b) He found a dead wolf and dissected it
(c) He studied the wolf scats he'd collected
(d) He compared wolf and dog behavior
9. What noise frightens Farley Mowat as he makes his last visit to the wolves' den?
(a) Ice cracking in the river
(b) A wolf howling very close by
(c) An airplane flying overhead
(d) Mike's dogs chasing a rabbit
10. What were the puppies playing with?
(a) A caribou bone
(b) Uncle Albert
(c) A live mouse
(d) An old log
11. What is the name of Mike's dog that Mowat uses in his experiment?
12. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
13. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
14. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
(a) Bellow loudly
(b) Run away
(d) Charge him
15. How did Mowat react when Ootek lost the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) He scolded Ootek
(b) He started crying
(c) He danced a jig
(d) He fainted dead away
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
2. Why, according to Mowat, are the wolves taking a holiday?
3. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
4. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
5. Why did Mowat have to shut his eyes while throwing the Raunkaier's Circle?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)