|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which governmental agency was asked to search for Farley Mowat?
(a) The Royal Canadian Mounties
(b) The Churchill City Council
(c) The Department of Forestry
(d) The Interior Department
2. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
3. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
(a) Three to seven individuals
(b) Ten to fifteen individuals
(c) Five to ten individuals
(d) One to five individuals
4. Which wolf seems the most restless?
(b) One of the pups
5. What emotion does Mowat feel after he leaves the den?
6. What time did Ootek say George and Albert would return to the den?
(a) 12:17 p.m.
(b) About midday
(c) At dusk
(d) Near dawn
7. Why did Mowat have to shut his eyes while throwing the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) To keep himself from becoming too dizzy
(b) To make sure he didn't see where it landed
(c) To keep himself from being blinded by the sun
(d) To make sure it landed in a random spot
8. What did Ootek later tell him they were doing?
(a) Trying to hunt caribou
(b) Trying to save him
(c) Trying to clothe him
(d) Trying to scare him
9. What were the puppies playing with?
(a) Uncle Albert
(b) An old log
(c) A caribou bone
(d) A live mouse
10. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(b) Another pregnancy
(c) Ill health
11. How many wolf-killed caribou did Farley Mowat examine?
12. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) Towards the river
(b) In circles
(c) Up the nearest hill
(d) In zig-zags
13. What is the name of Mike's dog that Mowat uses in his experiment?
14. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She cleans them
(b) She regurgitates meat
(c) She sits down and howls
(d) She plays tag with them
15. How did Uncle Albert relieve Farley Mowat's boredom during the summer?
(a) He fell in love
(b) He fought a black bear
(c) He played with the pups
(d) He clowned while hunting
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
2. How does George play a joke on Albert?
3. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
4. What do the male caribou do when the wolves appear?
5. How many strange wolves arrive at the den while George and Albert are hunting?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)