|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Thirty years
(c) Forty years
(d) Twenty-five years
2. According to Mowat, the ideal size for a wolf traveling band is how many?
(a) Five to ten individuals
(b) Ten to fifteen individuals
(c) One to five individuals
(d) Three to seven individuals
3. Why did Mowat have to shut his eyes while throwing the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) To keep himself from being blinded by the sun
(b) To keep himself from becoming too dizzy
(c) To make sure it landed in a random spot
(d) To make sure he didn't see where it landed
4. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She sits down and howls
(b) She plays tag with them
(c) She cleans them
(d) She regurgitates meat
5. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
(a) Just before sunset
(c) A little after dawn
(d) Shortly before noon
6. What time did Ootek say George and Albert would return to the den?
(a) About midday
(b) Near dawn
(c) At dusk
(d) 12:17 p.m.
7. What do the wolves do when they see the caribou bucks?
(a) Run away from them
(b) Try to catch them
(c) Kill one of them
(d) Pass on by
8. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $5 to $10
(b) From $15 to $25
(c) From $10 to $30
(d) From $2 to $5
9. How does George play a joke on Albert?
(a) He howls right in Albert's ear
(b) He sneaks up and pounces on him
(c) He hides Albert's piece of meat
(d) He pretends to catch a mouse
10. What does Mowat find inside the wolves' den?
(a) Angeline and a pup
(b) George and Albert
(c) A group of foxes
11. What were the puppies playing with?
(a) An old log
(b) A caribou bone
(c) Uncle Albert
(d) A live mouse
12. What noise frightens Farley Mowat as he makes his last visit to the wolves' den?
(a) Mike's dogs chasing a rabbit
(b) A wolf howling very close by
(c) An airplane flying overhead
(d) Ice cracking in the river
13. Which wolf seems the most restless?
(d) One of the pups
14. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
15. What keeps George from reaching the female Husky?
(a) He gets confused
(b) Mowat fires his gun
(c) Angeline trips him
(d) Albert fights him off
Short Answer Questions
1. Farley Mowat watches the caribou from what vantage point?
2. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
3. What did Mowat believe the Eskimo family was trying to do to him?
4. How long do Albert and the Husky stay together?
5. What is the name of Mike's dog that Mowat uses in his experiment?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)