|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can happen if you ingest nematode worms?
(a) You will develop cysts
(b) You will vomit continuously
(c) You will choke to death
(d) You will get diarrhea
2. Which of the three vegetation studies does Farley Mowat decide to undertake?
3. What does Mike do when Ootek tells him about the wolves' message?
(a) He sets out traps for the wolves
(b) He ties the dogs close to the cabin
(c) He packs up for a hunting trip
(d) He closes the cabin door for the night
4. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's father
(b) Angeline's uncle
(c) Angeline's mother
(d) Angeline's brother
5. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
6. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(b) Ill health
(d) Another pregnancy
7. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
8. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) In zig-zags
(b) Towards the river
(c) Up the nearest hill
(d) In circles
9. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Fighting off a group of foxes
(b) Attack and killing a caribou
(c) Visiting with another group of wolves
(d) Moving the pups to a new location
10. What is Farley Mowat doing when he sees the wolves in this chapter?
11. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
(a) She cleans them
(b) She sits down and howls
(c) She regurgitates meat
(d) She plays tag with them
12. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
(a) Bellow loudly
(b) Charge him
(c) Run away
13. How long do Albert and the Husky stay together?
(a) Over a month
(b) Only two days
(c) A few hours
(d) About a week
14. What study did Mowat take up after losing the Raunkiaer's Circle?
(a) He did a survey on the number of ducks
(b) He compared wolf and dog behavior
(c) He studied the wolf scats he'd collected
(d) He found a dead wolf and dissected it
15. What keeps George from reaching the female Husky?
(a) He gets confused
(b) Albert fights him off
(c) Angeline trips him
(d) Mowat fires his gun
Short Answer Questions
1. How does George play a joke on Albert?
2. What did Mowat cook for his guests?
3. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
4. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
5. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)