|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowat do after leaving the wolves' den?
(a) He smokes a cigarette
(b) He swims in the river
(c) He picks up a stone
(d) He makes a few notes
2. Who chases the does and fawns out of the valley?
(a) The pups
3. According to Mike, one of the wolves is:
(a) Angeline's uncle
(b) Angeline's mother
(c) Angeline's father
(d) Angeline's brother
4. Why do the pups run for their shelter?
(a) A black bear lumbers by
(b) A kestrel screams nearby
(c) A raven passes overhead
(d) Mowat starts making noise
5. What time do the wolves appear with the herd?
(b) Shortly before noon
(c) A little after dawn
(d) Just before sunset
6. How did Mowat react when Ootek lost the Raunkaier's Circle?
(a) He started crying
(b) He scolded Ootek
(c) He danced a jig
(d) He fainted dead away
7. How many wolf-killed caribou did Farley Mowat examine?
8. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
(a) Ootek tells Mike that the river will be flooding soon
(b) Ootek tells Mowat what time the wolves will return
(c) Ootek learns about approaching friends from the wolves
(d) Ootek uses the wolf's information to find caribou
9. How much is the bounty offered for dead wolves, according to Mowat?
(a) From $10 to $30
(b) From $5 to $10
(c) From $2 to $5
(d) From $15 to $25
10. How did Uncle Albert relieve Farley Mowat's boredom during the summer?
(a) He clowned while hunting
(b) He played with the pups
(c) He fought a black bear
(d) He fell in love
11. Which of the three vegetation studies does Farley Mowat decide to undertake?
12. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
(a) A deformed fawn
(b) A healthy buck
(c) A young buck
(d) A pregnant doe
13. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
14. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
15. Mowat tells about one hunter killing over a hundred wolves in a single by using what method?
(a) Widespread poison
(b) A machine gun
(c) A single rifle
(d) Several wolf traps
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
2. What event does Mowat describe as a high point of the day?
3. Which wolf seems the most restless?
4. Mowat is surprised to see what with the wolves?
5. From what direction does Ootek claim to hear wolf howls?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)