|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
(a) A sleeping bag
(b) A stewpot
(c) A weapon
(d) A tea kettle
2. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(a) Human hunters
(b) Arctic Wolves
(d) Global warming
3. The following day, Mowat investigates what?
(a) The riverbed
(b) The local town
(c) The wolf den
(d) His cabin
4. Mowat chooses which professional field?
5. Mowat's radio has a range of how many miles?
(a) 20 miles
(b) 80 miles
(c) 60 miles
(d) 40 miles
6. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) The coat that Ootek wears
(b) The spirit of the wolf
(c) A tiny town in Manitoba
(d) The name of Ootek's tribe
7. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
(a) Grizzly Bears
(b) Gray Wolves
(d) Red Wolves
8. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
(a) Because other wolves might eat other animals
(b) Because mouse-lovers might get upset
(c) Because it was such a revolutionary idea
(d) Because he didn't believe the idea himself
9. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A wolf
(b) A salmon
(c) A human
(d) A caribou
10. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(b) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(c) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(d) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
11. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
12. His message is identified as coming from:
(a) Varley Monfat
(b) Farley Womat
(c) Fonley Momat
(d) Marley Fonvat
13. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
(a) Unwary humans
(b) Ground squirrels
(c) Baby seals
14. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he did it on one tank of fuel
(b) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(c) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(d) That he covered all the ground and then some
15. Name the expense that is being debited against his salary.
(a) A box of beer
(b) A broken canoe
(c) A radiogram
(d) A pilot's fee
Short Answer Questions
1. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
2. His radio has reached which country?
3. What is the pilot's dream?
4. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
5. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)