|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) At noon
(b) At dawn
(c) About 9:00 a.m.
(d) About 4:00 p.m.
2. The Deputy Minister wants to be called by which title?
3. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
(a) A seal hunter
(b) A minor shaman
(c) A wolf hunter
(d) A government agent
4. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(a) Arctic Wolves
(b) Global warming
(c) Human hunters
5. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A high-powered telescope
(b) A high-powered shotgun
(c) A waterproof cushion
(d) A cassette tape recorder
6. Who introduces Mowat to wolf-juice?
(a) The local bartender
(b) An old trapper
(c) A working woman
(d) A bush pilot
7. What does Mowat show to Mike?
(b) Photo supplies
(c) Scientific equipment
(d) Family pictures
8. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
9. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(b) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(c) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(d) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
10. Mowat trades a gallon of alcohol for what?
(a) A bathtub
(b) A canoe
(c) A radio
(d) A tent
11. When did the pilot promise to return?
(a) In the fall
(b) Next year
(c) In the spring
(d) At the full moon
12. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
(a) Water bottle
(d) Pocket compass
13. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
(a) A stewpot
(b) A weapon
(c) A sleeping bag
(d) A tea kettle
14. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(c) Rubbing alcohol
15. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Amorak?
2. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
3. Mike takes Mowat where?
4. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
5. Young Mowat finds what dying animals on his grandparents' land?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)