|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A human
(b) A wolf
(c) A caribou
(d) A salmon
2. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
(c) Green Acres
3. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Two months
(c) A month
(d) Six weeks
4. Where does Mowat finally see the wolves?
(a) Frolicking in the river
(b) About twenty feet behind him
(c) Just outside the wolf den
(d) Running through a nearby valley
5. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Marking their territory
(b) Playing tag with each other
(c) Fighting over some meat
(d) Hunting a single caribou
6. How many pilots were available in Churchill by the time Mowat arrived?
7. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
(a) 500 miles
(b) 300 miles
(c) 400 miles
(d) 600 miles
8. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
(a) Large helicopter
(b) Twin-engine plane
(c) Small cargo plane
(d) Medium-sized jet
9. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
10. What does the pilot wear?
(a) A leather helmet
(b) A fur jacket
(c) A decorated vest
(d) A silk scarf
11. Who introduces Mowat to wolf-juice?
(a) The local bartender
(b) A working woman
(c) An old trapper
(d) A bush pilot
12. What is the name of his radio call sign?
(b) Daisy Mae
(c) Lil' Abner
13. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(a) Human hunters
(b) Global warming
(d) Arctic Wolves
14. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
(a) Five inches
(b) Three inches
(c) Four inches
(d) Six inches
15. What does the wolf do?
(a) Bites Mowat
(b) Attacks Mowat
(c) Run away
(d) Snarls angriy
Short Answer Questions
1. Scatology is the study of animal:
2. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
3. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
4. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
5. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)