|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
(a) Two weeks
(b) A month
(c) Six weeks
(d) Two months
2. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
(a) A flag flying
(b) A waving banner
(c) A swaying branch
(d) A feather boa
3. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
(a) Short and stout
(b) A weight lifter
(c) Tall and lanky
(d) Rather disabled
4. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
5. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(a) Arctic Wolves
(b) Human hunters
(c) Global warming
6. His message is identified as coming from:
(a) Fonley Momat
(b) Varley Monfat
(c) Marley Fonvat
(d) Farley Womat
7. Where does he put the animals?
(a) In the toilet
(b) In the sink
(c) In the wash bucket
(d) In the bathtub
8. Young Mowat finds what dying animals on his grandparents' land?
(a) Two turtles
(b) Five frogs
(c) Four crabs
(d) Three catfish
9. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
10. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
(a) Once a month
(b) Once a week
(c) Once a day
(d) Twice a month
11. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
(a) Near the wolves' den
(b) Inside the cabin
(c) Inside his own tent
(d) In a bog near his tent
12. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
13. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
(b) Baby seals
(c) Unwary humans
(d) Ground squirrels
14. What game does Mowat see the pups playing with Uncle Albert?
(a) Hide and Go Seek
(c) King of the Hill
(d) Ring Around the Rosy
15. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
(a) A wolf hunter
(b) A seal hunter
(c) A government agent
(d) A minor shaman
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Mowat's operations order?
2. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
3. What gear is labeled "danger?"
4. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
5. How does Mowat make his retreat?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)