|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Chinook Salmon
(b) Rainbow trout
(c) Northern pike
(d) Ling cod
2. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
3. Mowat's radio has a range of how many miles?
(a) 40 miles
(b) 80 miles
(c) 60 miles
(d) 20 miles
4. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
(a) Eating only mice for a time, then eating fresh fish and canned meat
(b) Eating only mice, then comparing himself to Mike, who lived on caribou
(c) Feeding only mice to a dog, while feeding caribou to another dog
(d) Preventing the wolves from hunting any prey but mice for several months
5. How many pilots were available in Churchill by the time Mowat arrived?
6. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A waterproof cushion
(b) A cassette tape recorder
(c) A high-powered shotgun
(d) A high-powered telescope
7. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
8. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
(a) Pocket compass
(d) Water bottle
9. What is Mike's age?
10. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
(a) Inside the cabin
(b) In a bog near his tent
(c) Inside his own tent
(d) Near the wolves' den
11. The plane flew at what altitude?
(a) 500 feet
(b) 400 feet
(c) 600 feet
(d) 300 feet
12. Which direction does Mike go?
13. What, according to Mowat are the most bloodthirsty beats in the Arctic?
14. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
(a) 600 miles
(b) 300 miles
(c) 500 miles
(d) 400 miles
15. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To discover new territory
(b) To escape from the city
(c) To start his own airline
(d) To forget about war
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
2. Mowat's first report on wolves to his department was written while he was:
3. There, Mowat encounters:
4. What is the name of his radio call sign?
5. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)