|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
(b) Baby seals
(c) Ground squirrels
(d) Unwary humans
2. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
(a) Small cargo plane
(b) Medium-sized jet
(c) Large helicopter
(d) Twin-engine plane
3. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
(a) It floods
(b) It burns down
(c) It collapses
(d) It blows away
4. His radio has reached which country?
5. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(a) Arctic Wolves
(b) Human hunters
(d) Global warming
6. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
(a) A waving banner
(b) A swaying branch
(c) A feather boa
(d) A flag flying
7. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
(a) Across the river from the den.
(b) Behind a grove of trees.
(c) Downwind of the wolves.
(d) Inside a convenient cave.
8. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
9. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
(a) Two months
(b) Two weeks
(c) A month
(d) Six weeks
10. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) About 9:00 a.m.
(b) About 4:00 p.m.
(c) At dawn
(d) At noon
11. Which direction does Mike go?
12. What does the pilot wear?
(a) A fur jacket
(b) A leather helmet
(c) A silk scarf
(d) A decorated vest
13. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
14. How many pilots were available in Churchill by the time Mowat arrived?
15. What game does Mowat see the pups playing with Uncle Albert?
(a) Hide and Go Seek
(c) King of the Hill
(d) Ring Around the Rosy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
2. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
3. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
4. What does Mowat show to Mike?
5. What does Uncle Albert do to his offering of food?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)