|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mike's cabin is surrounded by
(a) Wolf droppings
(b) Wolf track
(c) Large stones
(d) Caribou bones
2. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
(a) 500 miles
(b) 300 miles
(c) 600 miles
(d) 400 miles
3. Where does he put the animals?
(a) In the wash bucket
(b) In the bathtub
(c) In the sink
(d) In the toilet
4. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Ling cod
(b) Chinook Salmon
(c) Rainbow trout
(d) Northern pike
5. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(b) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(c) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(d) A wolf settling down into a nap.
6. What does the pilot wear?
(a) A decorated vest
(b) A silk scarf
(c) A fur jacket
(d) A leather helmet
7. Mike takes Mowat where?
(a) To his family
(b) To another valley
(c) To Churchill
(d) To his cabin
8. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) A faulty engine
(b) Frozen skis
(c) A broken wing
(d) A drunken pilot
9. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A cassette tape recorder
(b) A high-powered shotgun
(c) A waterproof cushion
(d) A high-powered telescope
10. What gear is labeled "danger?"
(c) Smoke generators
(d) Grain alcohol
11. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
12. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
13. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
14. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To escape from the city
(b) To discover new territory
(c) To start his own airline
(d) To forget about war
15. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
(a) He's afraid that he'll be attacked by animals
(b) He's afraid of missing something interesting
(c) He can't get comfortable living in a small tent.
(d) He's still adjusting to the light in the Arctic
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
2. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
3. Who or what is Amorak?
4. What does Mowat show to Mike?
5. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)