|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To start his own airline
(b) To escape from the city
(c) To discover new territory
(d) To forget about war
2. What does Mowat do when he hears the wolf howl?
(a) He immediately plays
(b) He gets his shotgun out and cocks it
(c) He runs for the cabin
(d) He slides clumsily down the esker
3. What animals does Mowat witness Angeline hunting?
(a) Ducks and mice
(b) Geese and rabbits
(c) Rabbits and mice
(d) Ducks and geese
4. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A high-powered shotgun
(b) A high-powered telescope
(c) A waterproof cushion
(d) A cassette tape recorder
5. Scatology is the study of animal:
6. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
(a) Because other wolves might eat other animals
(b) Because it was such a revolutionary idea
(c) Because mouse-lovers might get upset
(d) Because he didn't believe the idea himself
7. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
(a) Short and stout
(b) Tall and lanky
(c) Rather disabled
(d) A weight lifter
8. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Fighting over some meat
(b) Marking their territory
(c) Playing tag with each other
(d) Hunting a single caribou
9. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
10. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) A trusty flyer
(b) An old kite
(c) His best friend
(d) A cranky crate
11. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
(a) Ground squirrels
(b) Baby seals
(d) Unwary humans
12. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
(b) Grizzly Bears
(c) Red Wolves
(d) Gray Wolves
13. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
(a) Six inches
(b) Five inches
(c) Three inches
(d) Four inches
14. Who introduces Mowat to wolf-juice?
(a) The local bartender
(b) A working woman
(c) An old trapper
(d) A bush pilot
15. What does Mowat show to Mike?
(a) Photo supplies
(b) Family pictures
(c) Scientific equipment
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Amorak?
2. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
3. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
4. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
5. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)