|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
(a) Goose honks
(b) Wolf howls
(c) Bat squeaks
(d) Moose calls
2. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Marking their territory
(b) Hunting a single caribou
(c) Fighting over some meat
(d) Playing tag with each other
3. His radio has reached which country?
4. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
5. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
(c) The canoe
(d) Moose Juice
6. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To discover new territory
(b) To start his own airline
(c) To escape from the city
(d) To forget about war
7. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
(a) It blows away
(b) It collapses
(c) It floods
(d) It burns down
8. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
(d) Green Acres
9. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
(b) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(c) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
(d) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
10. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) The spirit of the wolf
(b) The name of Ootek's tribe
(c) A tiny town in Manitoba
(d) The coat that Ootek wears
11. Who introduces Mowat to wolf-juice?
(a) The local bartender
(b) An old trapper
(c) A working woman
(d) A bush pilot
12. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
(a) Gray Wolves
(b) Grizzly Bears
(d) Red Wolves
13. What language does Mowat hear on his radio?
14. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A human
(b) A wolf
(c) A caribou
(d) A salmon
15. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
(a) About a hundred yards of the wolves' trail
(b) A boulder from which he could observe the den
(c) A place where he could fish in the river
(d) An area where the pups often came to play
Short Answer Questions
1. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
2. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
3. What does Mowat show to Mike?
4. What does the wolf do?
5. Scatology is the study of animal:
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)