|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
(a) Inside a convenient cave.
(b) Behind a grove of trees.
(c) Downwind of the wolves.
(d) Across the river from the den.
2. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) A drunken pilot
(b) A faulty engine
(c) A broken wing
(d) Frozen skis
3. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(b) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(c) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(d) A wolf settling down into a nap.
4. Where does Mowat first encounter a wolf?
(a) In the cabin
(b) On an ice floe
(c) On a ridge
(d) In a cave
5. What makes the cabin smell bad?
(a) Decaying caribou
(c) Dog droppings
6. What best describes Mowat's operations order?
7. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A human
(b) A salmon
(c) A wolf
(d) A caribou
8. What, according to Mowat are the most bloodthirsty beats in the Arctic?
9. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Fighting over some meat
(b) Hunting a single caribou
(c) Playing tag with each other
(d) Marking their territory
10. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
11. What does the wolf do?
(a) Run away
(b) Bites Mowat
(c) Snarls angriy
(d) Attacks Mowat
12. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
(a) Mosquito repellent
(c) Extra water
(d) Suntan lotion
13. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
(a) With several different partners
(b) Every six months or so
(c) With a single partner for life
(d) Only after a long courtship
14. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
15. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
(a) Near the wolves' den
(b) In a bog near his tent
(c) Inside the cabin
(d) Inside his own tent
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
2. When did the pilot promise to return?
3. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
4. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
5. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)