|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mowat's directive was to transport by what means?
(b) Dog sled
(c) Inflated raft
(d) On foot
2. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
(a) Feeding only mice to a dog, while feeding caribou to another dog
(b) Preventing the wolves from hunting any prey but mice for several months
(c) Eating only mice, then comparing himself to Mike, who lived on caribou
(d) Eating only mice for a time, then eating fresh fish and canned meat
3. What is Mowat's first salary?
(a) $150 a month
(b) $200 a month
(c) $100 a month
(d) $120 a month
4. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
(a) Moose Juice
(b) The canoe
5. What language does Mowat hear on his radio?
6. What makes the cabin smell bad?
(a) Decaying caribou
(c) Dog droppings
(a) Moose calls
(b) Goose honks
(c) Wolf howls
(d) Bat squeaks
8. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(d) Rubbing alcohol
9. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) A faulty engine
(b) A drunken pilot
(c) Frozen skis
(d) A broken wing
10. Where do the wolves keep their meat cache?
(a) Just over a small hill
(b) In some boulders by the den
(c) Down near the river's edge
(d) About half a mile from the den
11. Who introduces Mowat to wolf-juice?
(a) The local bartender
(b) A bush pilot
(c) An old trapper
(d) A working woman
12. Young Mowat finds what dying animals on his grandparents' land?
(a) Four crabs
(b) Three catfish
(c) Two turtles
(d) Five frogs
13. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
(a) 107 pounds
(b) 140 pounds
(c) 180 pounds
(d) 170 pounds
14. What does Mowat show to Mike?
(a) Scientific equipment
(b) Photo supplies
(c) Family pictures
15. Who is Kaila?
(a) The God of the Sky
(b) Mike's girlfriend
(c) The Eskimo name for Wolf
(d) Ootek's father
Short Answer Questions
1. The plane flew at what altitude?
2. How much territory do they cover in a nightly hunt, according to Farley Mowat's estimates?
3. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
4. The radio batteries are good for how long?
5. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)