|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A high-powered shotgun
(b) A waterproof cushion
(c) A cassette tape recorder
(d) A high-powered telescope
2. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) At dawn
(b) About 9:00 a.m.
(c) At noon
(d) About 4:00 p.m.
3. His message is identified as coming from:
(a) Farley Womat
(b) Varley Monfat
(c) Marley Fonvat
(d) Fonley Momat
4. When did the pilot promise to return?
(a) At the full moon
(b) In the spring
(c) Next year
(d) In the fall
5. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(b) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(c) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(d) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
6. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he did it on one tank of fuel
(b) That he covered all the ground and then some
(c) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(d) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
7. The radio batteries are good for how long?
(a) Twenty hours
(b) Twelve hours
(c) Eight hours
(d) Six hours
8. The following day, Mowat investigates what?
(a) The riverbed
(b) The local town
(c) The wolf den
(d) His cabin
9. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(a) Human hunters
(b) Arctic Wolves
(c) Global warming
10. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To escape from the city
(b) To discover new territory
(c) To start his own airline
(d) To forget about war
11. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
12. Where does he put the animals?
(a) In the toilet
(b) In the bathtub
(c) In the sink
(d) In the wash bucket
13. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
(b) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(c) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
(d) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
14. What language does Mowat hear on his radio?
15. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
2. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
3. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
4. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
5. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)