|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which direction does Mike go?
2. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A volcanic cone
(b) A giant cliff
(c) A rock cave
(d) A sand esker
3. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
(a) Map reading
(b) Human dissection
(c) Bone setting
(d) Brain surgery
4. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
(a) Preventing the wolves from hunting any prey but mice for several months
(b) Feeding only mice to a dog, while feeding caribou to another dog
(c) Eating only mice, then comparing himself to Mike, who lived on caribou
(d) Eating only mice for a time, then eating fresh fish and canned meat
5. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
6. What best describes Mowat's operations order?
7. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
(a) Green Acres
8. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
(a) He's afraid that he'll be attacked by animals
(b) He's still adjusting to the light in the Arctic
(c) He's afraid of missing something interesting
(d) He can't get comfortable living in a small tent.
9. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Fighting over some meat
(b) Playing tag with each other
(c) Hunting a single caribou
(d) Marking their territory
10. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(a) Rubbing alcohol
11. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
(a) Gray Wolves
(b) Red Wolves
(c) Grizzly Bears
12. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
(a) In a bog near his tent
(b) Near the wolves' den
(c) Inside his own tent
(d) Inside the cabin
13. Mowat's first report on wolves to his department was written while he was:
(a) In a plane
(c) In a snowstorm
(d) Ill with fever
14. The Deputy Minister wants to be called by which title?
15. Mike's cabin is surrounded by
(a) Wolf track
(b) Wolf droppings
(c) Caribou bones
(d) Large stones
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
2. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
3. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
4. How does Mowat make his retreat?
5. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)