|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
2. What animals does Mowat witness Angeline hunting?
(a) Rabbits and mice
(b) Ducks and geese
(c) Ducks and mice
(d) Geese and rabbits
3. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
4. What language does Mowat hear on his radio?
5. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
(a) Baby seals
(b) Unwary humans
(c) Ground squirrels
6. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) A trusty flyer
(b) An old kite
(c) His best friend
(d) A cranky crate
7. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A caribou
(b) A salmon
(c) A human
(d) A wolf
8. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(b) Human hunters
(c) Global warming
(d) Arctic Wolves
9. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
(a) He can't get comfortable living in a small tent.
(b) He's afraid of missing something interesting
(c) He's still adjusting to the light in the Arctic
(d) He's afraid that he'll be attacked by animals
10. Who trips the mouse traps?
(b) Farley Mowat
11. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
12. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) The coat that Ootek wears
(b) The spirit of the wolf
(c) The name of Ootek's tribe
(d) A tiny town in Manitoba
13. Who is Kaila?
(a) Mike's girlfriend
(b) The God of the Sky
(c) Ootek's father
(d) The Eskimo name for Wolf
14. How many pilots were available in Churchill by the time Mowat arrived?
15. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
(a) Near the wolves' den
(b) Inside the cabin
(c) In a bog near his tent
(d) Inside his own tent
Short Answer Questions
1. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
2. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
3. What is Mike's age?
4. Name the expense that is being debited against his salary.
5. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)