|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. His radio message was forwarded to whom?
(a) His chief
(b) His pilot
(c) His bartender
(d) His professor
2. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) The spirit of the wolf
(b) The name of Ootek's tribe
(c) A tiny town in Manitoba
(d) The coat that Ootek wears
3. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
(a) Two months
(b) Six weeks
(c) Two weeks
(d) A month
4. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(b) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(c) That he covered all the ground and then some
(d) That he did it on one tank of fuel
5. What does Mowat show to Mike?
(b) Photo supplies
(c) Family pictures
(d) Scientific equipment
6. What best describes Mowat's operations order?
7. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
(a) A government agent
(b) A wolf hunter
(c) A seal hunter
(d) A minor shaman
8. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) At dawn
(b) At noon
(c) About 4:00 p.m.
(d) About 9:00 a.m.
9. The radio batteries are good for how long?
(a) Eight hours
(b) Twelve hours
(c) Twenty hours
(d) Six hours
(a) Wolf howls
(b) Bat squeaks
(c) Goose honks
(d) Moose calls
11. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
(b) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(c) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
(d) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
12. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
(a) Map reading
(b) Brain surgery
(c) Bone setting
(d) Human dissection
13. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
(a) A waving banner
(b) A feather boa
(c) A swaying branch
(d) A flag flying
14. When did the pilot promise to return?
(a) Next year
(b) In the spring
(c) At the full moon
(d) In the fall
15. Where does Mowat first encounter a wolf?
(a) In a cave
(b) On an ice floe
(c) On a ridge
(d) In the cabin
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
2. What does the wolf do?
3. Mike's cabin is surrounded by
4. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
5. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)