|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
2. The Deputy Minister wants to be called by which title?
3. The radio batteries are good for how long?
(a) Eight hours
(b) Twenty hours
(c) Twelve hours
(d) Six hours
4. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
(a) Every six months or so
(b) Only after a long courtship
(c) With a single partner for life
(d) With several different partners
5. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) With an open door
(b) On one ski
(c) With no tail
(d) With a splash
6. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
(a) Twin-engine plane
(b) Medium-sized jet
(c) Large helicopter
(d) Small cargo plane
7. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
(a) Bite back
(b) Spray pepper
(c) Play dead
(d) Run away
8. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Behind a boulder
(b) Over a hill
(c) Across the river
(d) Into a den
9. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
(a) Because he didn't believe the idea himself
(b) Because it was such a revolutionary idea
(c) Because mouse-lovers might get upset
(d) Because other wolves might eat other animals
10. What does the wolf do?
(a) Run away
(b) Bites Mowat
(c) Attacks Mowat
(d) Snarls angriy
11. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(a) Rubbing alcohol
12. He is directed to survey which species?
(a) Canis familiaris
(b) Canis nubilis
(c) Canis lupus
(d) Canis rufus
13. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
14. What, according to Mowat are the most bloodthirsty beats in the Arctic?
15. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
(a) About 4:00 p.m.
(b) At dawn
(c) About 9:00 a.m.
(d) At noon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Farley Mowat try to feed the wolves?
2. The pilot landed on what terrain?
3. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
4. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
5. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)