|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
(a) Once a week
(b) Twice a month
(c) Once a month
(d) Once a day
2. The Deputy Minister wants to be called by which title?
3. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Walking backwards up a slope
(b) Swimming across the river
(c) Canoeing down the river
(d) Running full tilt down the hill
4. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
5. The pilot landed on what terrain?
(a) A mountaintop
(b) A permafrost plain
(c) A forest clearing
(d) A frozen lake
6. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A rock cave
(b) A volcanic cone
(c) A giant cliff
(d) A sand esker
7. His radio has reached which country?
8. The plane flew at what altitude?
(a) 400 feet
(b) 600 feet
(c) 300 feet
(d) 500 feet
9. He is directed to survey which species?
(a) Canis rufus
(b) Canis lupus
(c) Canis familiaris
(d) Canis nubilis
10. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Rainbow trout
(b) Northern pike
(c) Ling cod
(d) Chinook Salmon
11. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
(a) A dead chicken
(b) Five thrush eggs
(c) Two chicken eggs
(d) A caribou steak
12. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
(b) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
(c) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(d) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
13. Mike's cabin is surrounded by
(a) Wolf track
(b) Caribou bones
(c) Wolf droppings
(d) Large stones
14. What animals does Mowat witness Angeline hunting?
(a) Ducks and mice
(b) Geese and rabbits
(c) Ducks and geese
(d) Rabbits and mice
15. Where does Mowat set up 150 mouse traps?
(a) In a bog near his tent
(b) Near the wolves' den
(c) Inside his own tent
(d) Inside the cabin
Short Answer Questions
1. Mike lives alone in how many square miles?
2. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
3. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
4. What is Mike's age?
5. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)