|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
2. What does Mowat do when he hears the wolf howl?
(a) He runs for the cabin
(b) He slides clumsily down the esker
(c) He gets his shotgun out and cocks it
(d) He immediately plays
3. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
(a) A wolf hunter
(b) A seal hunter
(c) A minor shaman
(d) A government agent
4. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
(a) A caribou steak
(b) Five thrush eggs
(c) A dead chicken
(d) Two chicken eggs
5. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
6. His radio has reached which country?
7. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
8. Mowat's first report on wolves to his department was written while he was:
(a) In a snowstorm
(b) Ill with fever
(c) In a plane
9. What game does Mowat see the pups playing with Uncle Albert?
(a) Hide and Go Seek
(b) King of the Hill
(d) Ring Around the Rosy
10. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To escape from the city
(b) To forget about war
(c) To discover new territory
(d) To start his own airline
11. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
(a) Tall and lanky
(b) Rather disabled
(c) Short and stout
(d) A weight lifter
12. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
13. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(b) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(c) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(d) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
14. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Playing tag with each other
(b) Hunting a single caribou
(c) Fighting over some meat
(d) Marking their territory
15. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A high-powered shotgun
(b) A high-powered telescope
(c) A waterproof cushion
(d) A cassette tape recorder
Short Answer Questions
1. The plane flew at what altitude?
2. Mowat's radio has a range of how many miles?
3. Another source of food for the wolves is:
4. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
5. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)