Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mowat explaining when Mike runs away?
(a) Human dissection
(b) Bone setting
(c) Map reading
(d) Brain surgery
2. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
3. His message is identified as coming from:
(a) Marley Fonvat
(b) Farley Womat
(c) Varley Monfat
(d) Fonley Momat
4. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
(a) Suntan lotion
(c) Mosquito repellent
(d) Extra water
5. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) A cranky crate
(b) His best friend
(c) A trusty flyer
(d) An old kite
6. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
(a) Water bottle
(c) Pocket compass
7. Mike lives alone in how many square miles?
8. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
9. Scatology is the study of animal:
10. Mowat's field professor is an expert on which rodent?
11. Who is Kaila?
(a) The God of the Sky
(b) The Eskimo name for Wolf
(c) Ootek's father
(d) Mike's girlfriend
12. Which direction does Mike go?
13. Mike's cabin is surrounded by
(a) Wolf track
(b) Large stones
(c) Wolf droppings
(d) Caribou bones
14. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
(a) Inside a convenient cave.
(b) Downwind of the wolves.
(c) Behind a grove of trees.
(d) Across the river from the den.
15. Where do the wolves keep their meat cache?
(a) Down near the river's edge
(b) Just over a small hill
(c) About half a mile from the den
(d) In some boulders by the den
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat's radio has a range of how many miles?
2. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
3. What makes the cabin smell bad?
4. His radio message was forwarded to whom?
5. Mowat's first report on wolves to his department was written while he was:
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)