|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Fighting off a group of foxes
(b) Attack and killing a caribou
(c) Moving the pups to a new location
(d) Visiting with another group of wolves
2. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(c) Rubbing alcohol
3. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
(a) Every six months or so
(b) With a single partner for life
(c) With several different partners
(d) Only after a long courtship
4. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
5. How did Uncle Albert relieve Farley Mowat's boredom during the summer?
(a) He clowned while hunting
(b) He played with the pups
(c) He fell in love
(d) He fought a black bear
Short Answer Questions
1. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
2. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
3. Mowat confesses that he didn't believe Ootek's story until what happens?
4. How many passengers is the aircraft designed to carry?
5. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)