|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
(b) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(c) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
(d) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
2. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Over a hill
(b) Across the river
(c) Behind a boulder
(d) Into a den
3. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
(a) Three inches
(b) Four inches
(c) Six inches
(d) Five inches
4. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
5. Why, according to Mowat, are the wolves taking a holiday?
(a) They usually rest at least one day a week
(b) It's far too hot a day to go hunting
(c) They are resting before migrating South
(d) They killed a caribou close to home
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
2. Why do the pups run for their shelter?
3. What is Mike's attitude toward Mowat?
4. Who trips the mouse traps?
5. What does Angeline do when she returns to the pups?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)