|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
(a) Bite back
(b) Run away
(c) Play dead
(d) Spray pepper
2. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
(a) They were adopted by another pair of wolves
(b) They died from starvation after two weeks
(c) They were taken in by Ootek and his dogs
(d) They were sold to a white trapper
3. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
(a) Grizzly bears
(b) Caribou herds
(c) Arctic foxes
(d) Human mothers
4. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
(a) A caribou
(b) A salmon
(c) A human
(d) A wolf
5. Where do the wolves keep their meat cache?
(a) About half a mile from the den
(b) In some boulders by the den
(c) Down near the river's edge
(d) Just over a small hill
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the caribou do when Mowat appears?
2. What does Albert try hunting while Mowat watches?
3. There, Mowat encounters:
4. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
5. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)