|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) His best friend
(b) A cranky crate
(c) A trusty flyer
(d) An old kite
2. The pilot landed on what terrain?
(a) A frozen lake
(b) A mountaintop
(c) A permafrost plain
(d) A forest clearing
3. Where does he put the animals?
(a) In the bathtub
(b) In the sink
(c) In the toilet
(d) In the wash bucket
4. When being seriously chased by a wolf, the caribou tended to run:
(a) Up the nearest hill
(b) In zig-zags
(c) In circles
(d) Towards the river
5. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Canoeing down the river
(b) Walking backwards up a slope
(c) Running full tilt down the hill
(d) Swimming across the river
Short Answer Questions
1. How much territory do they cover in a nightly hunt, according to Farley Mowat's estimates?
2. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
3. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
4. Which direction does Mike go?
5. What does Mike do when Ootek tells him about the wolves' message?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)