|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) With an open door
(b) On one ski
(c) With no tail
(d) With a splash
2. Where does Farley Mowat go to observe the pups?
(a) An outcropping of rocks
(b) To the shore of the river
(c) A hill above the den
(d) A grove of pine trees
3. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
(a) A high-powered telescope
(b) A cassette tape recorder
(c) A high-powered shotgun
(d) A waterproof cushion
4. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
(a) Eating only mice, then comparing himself to Mike, who lived on caribou
(b) Eating only mice for a time, then eating fresh fish and canned meat
(c) Preventing the wolves from hunting any prey but mice for several months
(d) Feeding only mice to a dog, while feeding caribou to another dog
5. How many wolf-killed caribou did Farley Mowat examine?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
2. A hunting wolf would mostly likely target which of the following?
3. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
5. What alerts Angeline to Mowat's presence?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)