|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mowat used Uncle Albert in this chapter to observe what aspect of wolf behavior?
(a) Hunting behavior
(b) Mating behavior
(c) Alpha-dog status
(d) Long-range travel
2. Where does Farley Mowat go to observe the pups?
(a) To the shore of the river
(b) A hill above the den
(c) An outcropping of rocks
(d) A grove of pine trees
3. Scatology is the study of animal:
4. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A giant cliff
(b) A sand esker
(c) A volcanic cone
(d) A rock cave
5. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
(b) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(c) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
(d) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Albert do to his offering of food?
2. He is directed to survey which species?
3. There, Mowat encounters:
4. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
5. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)