|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the cabin smell bad?
(a) Dog droppings
(d) Decaying caribou
2. What, according to the Government agencies, was the cause of plunge in caribou populations?
(b) Human hunters
(c) Arctic Wolves
(d) Global warming
3. Mowat confesses that he didn't believe Ootek's story until what happens?
(a) He hears a similar story from a white naturalist
(b) Mike insists that the story was true and he was there
(c) Mowat sees the wolves he's observing do the same thing
(d) Ootek takes him on a trip to visit the site of the event
4. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(b) That he covered all the ground and then some
(c) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(d) That he did it on one tank of fuel
5. What type of aircraft flies Mowat to Churchill?
(a) Medium-sized jet
(b) Large helicopter
(c) Small cargo plane
(d) Twin-engine plane
Short Answer Questions
1. The air flight to Churchill is completed in what weather conditions?
2. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
3. What is the name of his grandparents' house?
4. Mowat's canoe is surrounded by
5. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)