|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
(a) Ootek uses the wolf's information to find caribou
(b) Ootek tells Mowat what time the wolves will return
(c) Ootek tells Mike that the river will be flooding soon
(d) Ootek learns about approaching friends from the wolves
2. What, according to Ootek, are the wolves howling about?
(b) A storm
(c) Other wolves
3. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
(c) The canoe
(d) Moose Juice
4. What were the puppies playing with?
(a) An old log
(b) A live mouse
(c) Uncle Albert
(d) A caribou bone
5. Where does Farley Mowat go to observe the pups?
(a) A grove of pine trees
(b) A hill above the den
(c) An outcropping of rocks
(d) To the shore of the river
Short Answer Questions
1. Mowat describes the puppies as being roughly the same size and shape as what?
2. Where does Mowat first encounter a wolf?
3. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
4. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
5. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)