|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event finally convinces Mowat that Ootek can understand wolf language?
(a) Ootek learns about approaching friends from the wolves
(b) Ootek uses the wolf's information to find caribou
(c) Ootek tells Mike that the river will be flooding soon
(d) Ootek tells Mowat what time the wolves will return
2. How long was Mowat given to submit his first progress report?
(a) Six weeks
(b) Two weeks
(c) Two months
(d) A month
3. What does Mowat purchase in order to replace his grain alcohol?
(d) Rubbing alcohol
4. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
(a) Play dead
(b) Bite back
(c) Spray pepper
(d) Run away
5. Mowat confesses that he didn't believe Ootek's story until what happens?
(a) Mike insists that the story was true and he was there
(b) Ootek takes him on a trip to visit the site of the event
(c) He hears a similar story from a white naturalist
(d) Mowat sees the wolves he's observing do the same thing
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the puppies playing with?
2. He is directed to survey which species?
3. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
4. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
5. Scatology is the study of animal:
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)