|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The pilot landed on what terrain?
(a) A forest clearing
(b) A mountaintop
(c) A frozen lake
(d) A permafrost plain
2. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A sleeping bag
(c) A weapon
(d) A stewpot
3. In order to avoid detection, Mowat sets his observation point:
(a) Behind a grove of trees.
(b) Downwind of the wolves.
(c) Inside a convenient cave.
(d) Across the river from the den.
4. What happens to Mike's cabin in the spring?
(a) It blows away
(b) It floods
(c) It collapses
(d) It burns down
5. Why does Mowat stay awake so long?
(a) He can't get comfortable living in a small tent.
(b) He's afraid that he'll be attacked by animals
(c) He's still adjusting to the light in the Arctic
(d) He's afraid of missing something interesting
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pilot's dream?
2. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
3. When do the male wolves usually leave their area to hunt?
4. Mike's cabin is surrounded by
5. What is the name of materials needed for the lupine project?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)