|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mowat trades a gallon of alcohol for what?
(a) A canoe
(b) A radio
(c) A bathtub
(d) A tent
2. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) With a splash
(b) With no tail
(c) With an open door
(d) On one ski
3. Young Mowat finds what dying animals on his grandparents' land?
(a) Three catfish
(b) Four crabs
(c) Two turtles
(d) Five frogs
4. According to Mowat, wolves mate:
(a) With a single partner for life
(b) Every six months or so
(c) Only after a long courtship
(d) With several different partners
5. Mowat's radio has a range of how many miles?
(a) 80 miles
(b) 40 miles
(c) 60 miles
(d) 20 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of his radio call sign?
2. What does the pilot call his plane?
3. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
4. What new equipment does Farley Mowat take with to observe the wolves?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)