|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he did it on one tank of fuel
(b) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(c) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(d) That he covered all the ground and then some
2. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) The coat that Ootek wears
(b) A tiny town in Manitoba
(c) The name of Ootek's tribe
(d) The spirit of the wolf
3. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Chinook Salmon
(b) Rainbow trout
(c) Northern pike
(d) Ling cod
4. If a wolf bites, what should Mowat do, according to a woman in Churchill?
(a) Run away
(b) Play dead
(c) Spray pepper
(d) Bite back
5. The Canis Lupis Project is the study of what animal?
(a) Red Wolves
(b) Gray Wolves
(d) Grizzly Bears
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the wolves keep their meat cache?
2. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
3. Mike lives alone in how many square miles?
4. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
5. The Department of Mines and Resources wants to save what species?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)