|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Fighting over some meat
(b) Marking their territory
(c) Playing tag with each other
(d) Hunting a single caribou
2. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) His best friend
(b) An old kite
(c) A cranky crate
(d) A trusty flyer
3. Mowat confesses that he didn't believe Ootek's story until what happens?
(a) He hears a similar story from a white naturalist
(b) Ootek takes him on a trip to visit the site of the event
(c) Mike insists that the story was true and he was there
(d) Mowat sees the wolves he's observing do the same thing
4. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
(b) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
(c) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(d) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
5. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(b) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(c) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(d) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plane flew at what altitude?
2. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
3. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
4. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
5. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)