|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
(b) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
(c) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
(d) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
2. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
3. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
(a) 300 miles
(b) 500 miles
(c) 600 miles
(d) 400 miles
4. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Playing tag with each other
(b) Fighting over some meat
(c) Hunting a single caribou
(d) Marking their territory
5. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(b) That he did it on one tank of fuel
(c) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(d) That he covered all the ground and then some
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilot wear?
2. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
3. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
4. How does Mowat make his retreat?
5. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)