|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Into a den
(b) Behind a boulder
(c) Over a hill
(d) Across the river
2. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
(a) Twice a month
(b) Once a day
(c) Once a week
(d) Once a month
3. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Fighting over some meat
(b) Hunting a single caribou
(c) Playing tag with each other
(d) Marking their territory
4. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) A drunken pilot
(b) A faulty engine
(c) Frozen skis
(d) A broken wing
5. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A volcanic cone
(b) A sand esker
(c) A giant cliff
(d) A rock cave
Short Answer Questions
1. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
2. What does the pilot call his plane?
3. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
4. What does the pilot from Yelllowknife look like?
5. Mowat trades a gallon of alcohol for what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)