|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
2. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) With an open door
(b) On one ski
(c) With a splash
(d) With no tail
3. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(b) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(c) That he did it on one tank of fuel
(d) That he covered all the ground and then some
4. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) A drunken pilot
(b) Frozen skis
(c) A broken wing
(d) A faulty engine
5. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Moving the pups to a new location
(b) Fighting off a group of foxes
(c) Visiting with another group of wolves
(d) Attack and killing a caribou
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
2. The plane flew at what altitude?
3. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
4. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
5. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)