|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
(a) Once a week
(b) Twice a month
(c) Once a month
(d) Once a day
2. What, according to Mowat are the most bloodthirsty beats in the Arctic?
3. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
4. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
(a) Because mouse-lovers might get upset
(b) Because it was such a revolutionary idea
(c) Because he didn't believe the idea himself
(d) Because other wolves might eat other animals
5. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
(a) 107 pounds
(b) 170 pounds
(c) 180 pounds
(d) 140 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
2. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
3. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
4. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
5. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)