|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the pilot promise to return?
(a) At the full moon
(b) In the spring
(c) In the fall
(d) Next year
2. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
3. What, according to Mowat are the most bloodthirsty beats in the Arctic?
4. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
(a) Because mouse-lovers might get upset
(b) Because other wolves might eat other animals
(c) Because it was such a revolutionary idea
(d) Because he didn't believe the idea himself
5. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
(a) 180 pounds
(b) 140 pounds
(c) 107 pounds
(d) 170 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
2. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
3. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
5. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)