|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How heavy can this subspecies of wolf be?
(a) 140 pounds
(b) 180 pounds
(c) 170 pounds
(d) 107 pounds
2. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Into a den
(b) Over a hill
(c) Behind a boulder
(d) Across the river
3. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Fighting off a group of foxes
(b) Visiting with another group of wolves
(c) Moving the pups to a new location
(d) Attack and killing a caribou
4. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
(a) Twenty years
(b) Forty years
(c) Thirty years
(d) Twenty-five years
5. When did the pilot promise to return?
(a) Next year
(b) At the full moon
(c) In the fall
(d) In the spring
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilot wear?
2. In Ootek's story, what happened to a litter of orphaned wolf cubs?
3. Why did Farley Mowat feel it was necessary to test his theories about wolves eating mice?
4. How does Mowat make his retreat?
5. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)