|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Fighting off a group of foxes
(b) Moving the pups to a new location
(c) Visiting with another group of wolves
(d) Attack and killing a caribou
2. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
(a) Arctic foxes
(b) Caribou herds
(c) Human mothers
(d) Grizzly bears
3. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
(a) On one ski
(b) With no tail
(c) With an open door
(d) With a splash
4. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
(a) Twice a month
(b) Once a day
(c) Once a month
(d) Once a week
5. According to Ootek, when he was five, his father:
(a) Took him on a two-thousand mile dogsled trip
(b) Left him in a wolf den for twenty-four hours
(c) Left home forever, leaving him with his grandfather
(d) Made him survive in the wilderness for a week
Short Answer Questions
1. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
2. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
3. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
4. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
5. Mowat includes a recipe in this chapter for what dish?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)