|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(b) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(c) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(d) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
2. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
(a) A feather boa
(b) A waving banner
(c) A flag flying
(d) A swaying branch
3. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) An old kite
(b) His best friend
(c) A trusty flyer
(d) A cranky crate
4. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
(a) Four inches
(b) Three inches
(c) Five inches
(d) Six inches
5. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
(a) Twenty-five years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Forty years
(d) Thirty years
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the pilot's dream?
2. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
3. Mowat confesses that he didn't believe Ootek's story until what happens?
4. What, according to Mowat are the most bloodthirsty beats in the Arctic?
5. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)