|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the pilot call his plane?
(a) An old kite
(b) His best friend
(c) A cranky crate
(d) A trusty flyer
2. What was jettisoned from the plane just before take-off?
(c) The canoe
(d) Moose Juice
3. How often to the wolves mark their territory?
(a) Once a month
(b) Once a week
(c) Once a day
(d) Twice a month
4. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
(a) That he hit each mark exactly on the button
(b) That he did it on one tank of fuel
(c) That he did it with the speed of a jet
(d) That he covered all the ground and then some
5. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
(a) 600 miles
(b) 300 miles
(c) 400 miles
(d) 500 miles
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
2. To get to their hunting grounds, what direction must the wolves travel from their den?
3. Mowat planned to test his theory by:
4. According to Ootek, wolf cubs have even been adopted by:
5. Later on, Mowat discovers that Ootek is:
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)