|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(b) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(c) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(d) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
2. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Swimming across the river
(b) Running full tilt down the hill
(c) Walking backwards up a slope
(d) Canoeing down the river
3. Mowat trades a gallon of alcohol for what?
(a) A tent
(b) A canoe
(c) A radio
(d) A bathtub
4. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
(a) A boulder from which he could observe the den
(b) About a hundred yards of the wolves' trail
(c) An area where the pups often came to play
(d) A place where he could fish in the river
5. What does Farley Mowat NOT take with him to his new location?
(a) A tea kettle
(b) A weapon
(c) A stewpot
(d) A sleeping bag
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
2. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
3. What does Mowat most admire about the lead wolf's marking outside his marks?
4. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
5. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)