|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Walking backwards up a slope
(b) Swimming across the river
(c) Canoeing down the river
(d) Running full tilt down the hill
2. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A rock cave
(b) A volcanic cone
(c) A giant cliff
(d) A sand esker
3. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
(a) 400 miles
(b) 300 miles
(c) 500 miles
(d) 600 miles
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
(a) Moving the pups to a new location
(b) Fighting off a group of foxes
(c) Visiting with another group of wolves
(d) Attack and killing a caribou
5. What is the pilot's dream?
(a) To escape from the city
(b) To start his own airline
(c) To forget about war
(d) To discover new territory
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ootek, one wolf patriarch lived to be at least how old?
2. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
3. The plane flew at what altitude?
4. Mowat stays in Churchill through what month?
5. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)