|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the plane have trouble taking off?
(a) A broken wing
(b) Frozen skis
(c) A drunken pilot
(d) A faulty engine
2. Mowat includes a recipe in this chapter for what dish?
(a) Fried mice in a cream sauce
(b) Mouse stew with potatoes and carrots
(c) A baked casserole made from mice
(d) Barbequed mice with pepper sauce
3. The territory that Mowat marked around his tent included which of the following?
(a) An area where the pups often came to play
(b) A place where he could fish in the river
(c) About a hundred yards of the wolves' trail
(d) A boulder from which he could observe the den
4. Farley Mowat notes that in June, Angeline began to show signs of:
(a) Ill health
(d) Another pregnancy
5. What did Ootek give to Mowat after dinner?
(a) Two chicken eggs
(b) A dead chicken
(c) Five thrush eggs
(d) A caribou steak
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the pilot from Yellowknife land?
2. The plane flew at what altitude?
3. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
4. In late June, Mowat observed the wolves doing what?
5. How far did the pilot fly to Mowat's base?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)