|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(b) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(c) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(d) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
2. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
(a) A flag flying
(b) A waving banner
(c) A feather boa
(d) A swaying branch
3. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Running full tilt down the hill
(b) Walking backwards up a slope
(c) Swimming across the river
(d) Canoeing down the river
4. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
(a) Four inches
(b) Six inches
(c) Three inches
(d) Five inches
5. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Across the river
(b) Behind a boulder
(c) Into a den
(d) Over a hill
Short Answer Questions
1. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
2. Another source of food for the wolves is:
3. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
4. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
5. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)