|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A giant cliff
(b) A sand esker
(c) A volcanic cone
(d) A rock cave
2. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Rainbow trout
(b) Northern pike
(c) Ling cod
(d) Chinook Salmon
3. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
4. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Swimming across the river
(b) Running full tilt down the hill
(c) Canoeing down the river
(d) Walking backwards up a slope
5. Who is Kaila?
(a) Mike's girlfriend
(b) Ootek's father
(c) The Eskimo name for Wolf
(d) The God of the Sky
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
2. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
3. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
4. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
5. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)