|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
(a) Extra water
(b) Suntan lotion
(d) Mosquito repellent
2. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) A wolf settling down into a nap.
(b) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(c) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(d) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
3. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
(a) Ground squirrels
(c) Baby seals
(d) Unwary humans
4. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Ling cod
(b) Chinook Salmon
(c) Rainbow trout
(d) Northern pike
5. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Three years
(b) Four years
(c) Two years
(d) Fourteen months
Short Answer Questions
1. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
2. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
3. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
4. What, according to Ootek's story, was the last animal that Woman pulled out of the hole in the ice?
5. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)