|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Canoeing down the river
(b) Walking backwards up a slope
(c) Running full tilt down the hill
(d) Swimming across the river
2. What piece of equipment has Mowat forgotten on his walk?
(b) Water bottle
(d) Pocket compass
3. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
4. Another source of food for the wolves is:
(a) Chinook Salmon
(b) Ling cod
(c) Rainbow trout
(d) Northern pike
5. What geographical feature does Mowat see through his binoculars?
(a) A rock cave
(b) A volcanic cone
(c) A sand esker
(d) A giant cliff
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind wolf has Mowat seen?
2. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
3. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
4. According to Ootek, the wolves eat what in addition to mice?
5. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)