|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mowat observe the wolves doing?
(a) Hunting a single caribou
(b) Fighting over some meat
(c) Marking their territory
(d) Playing tag with each other
2. How was the wolf finally killed?
(a) He was shot by a soldier
(b) He was struck by a car
(c) He died of the disease
(d) He was killed by a bear
3. The last view that Mowat has of the wolves in this chapter is:
(a) The wolf staring threateningly at him.
(b) A wolf eating the body of a caribou.
(c) Two wolves fighting over some meat.
(d) A wolf settling down into a nap.
4. Where does Mowat figure that the female wolf has disappeared to?
(a) Behind a boulder
(b) Over a hill
(c) Into a den
(d) Across the river
5. What was the estimate of wolf population in the Keewatin territory prior to Farley Mowat's study?
Short Answer Questions
1. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
2. The diameter of the wolf paw prints are how large?
3. Who is Kaila?
4. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
5. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)