|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mowat counting to get to sleep?
2. Who or what is Amorak?
(a) A tiny town in Manitoba
(b) The name of Ootek's tribe
(c) The spirit of the wolf
(d) The coat that Ootek wears
3. According to Mowat, a rabid wolf wandered into what town in 1946?
4. How old are female wolves before they start breeding?
(a) Two years
(b) Four years
(c) Fourteen months
(d) Three years
5. How does Mowat make his retreat?
(a) Walking backwards up a slope
(b) Running full tilt down the hill
(c) Canoeing down the river
(d) Swimming across the river
Short Answer Questions
1. On his second safari, what does Mowat carry?
2. Through his binoculars, Mowat sees a moving object that resembles what?
3. How many people did the rabid wolf kill?
4. What was the estimate that Mowat finally came to regarding the wolf population?
5. How many caribou does Mike claim to kill in a good year?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)