• Young Farley Mowat decides to become a naturalist after trying to rescue some dying catfish.
• Mowat is assigned to study wolves.
• Mowat departs on his assignment.
• The air transport is loaded with Mowat's gear.
• Mowat arrives in Churchill.
• While waiting for another plane, Mowat learns more about wolves.
• A pilot agrees to transport Mowat to the wilderness.
• The pilot leaves Mowat on an icy lake.
• Mowat tries to make radio contact with his chief.
• The wolf pack Mowat fears is surrounding him turns out to be a team of Huskies.
• Mowat meets Mike and is taken to Mike's cabin.
• Mowat shows Mike his scientific equipment.
• Mike harnesses his dogs and leaves.
• Mowat canoes to a ridge and sees his first wolf.
• Mowat tracks the wolf to an esker.
• Mowat retreats when the wolf presents a threatening appearance.
• Mowat observes the wolve's...
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)