Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Young Farley Mowat decides to become a naturalist after trying to rescue some dying catfish.
* Mowat is assigned to study wolves.
* Mowat departs on his assignment.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* The air transport is loaded with Mowat's gear.
* Mowat arrives in Churchill.
* While waiting for another plane, Mowat learns more about wolves.
Chapter 3 Abstract
* A pilot...
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)