* Young Farley Mowat decides to become a naturalist after trying to rescue some dying catfish.
* Mowat is assigned to study wolves.
* Mowat departs on his assignment.
* The air transport is loaded with Mowat's gear.
* Mowat arrives in Churchill.
* While waiting for another plane, Mowat learns more about wolves.
* A pilot agrees to transport Mowat to the wilderness.
* The pilot leaves Mowat on an icy lake.
* Mowat tries to make radio contact with his chief.
* The wolf pack Mowat fears is surrounding him turns out to be a team of Huskies.
* Mowat meets Mike and is taken to Mike's cabin.
* Mowat shows Mike his scientific equipment.
* Mike harnesses his dogs and leaves.
* Mowat canoes to a ridge and sees his first wolf.
* Mowat tracks the wolf to an esker.
* Mowat retreats when the wolf presents a threatening appearance.
* Mowat observes the wolve's...
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)