|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Case, Flatline, and the virus look like in cyberspace?
(a) A surging tidal wave of pulsating green.
(b) A deadly spider.
(c) They don't look like anything.
(d) A cold and symmetrical blue spike.
2. How does Case know that the Turing police are made to look young through surgery?
(a) The way they move when they get up.
(b) The wrinkles on their knuckles.
(c) The sagging underneath their eyes.
(d) They tell him so.
3. Who does Molly first encounter in Straylight?
(b) A member of the cleaning staff.
(c) A vat-grown assassin.
4. How is Neuromancer different from Wintermute?
(a) Neuromancer's computer mainframe is made of bio-circuits.
(b) Neuromancer is a RAM construct.
(c) Neuromancer is capable of human reasoning.
(d) Neuromancer is programmed for nothing but destruction and death..
5. What does Case see everywhere when he wakes up?
(a) Pictures of girls.
(b) The ruins of a city.
(d) Strange symbols on the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Garvey?
2. How is Maelcum injured?
3. What other image does Wintermute appear to Case as, much to his disgust?
4. What is Wintermute now?
5. Who is the white, wasted figure that Case sees through Molly's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
2. How is Case tricked in this chapter?
3. How does Wintermute get Case and Maelcum into the Straylight?
4. How is Case revived from the dream?
5. Describe Case's "dream sequence."
6. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
7. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
8. How does Case find strength within himself?
9. How does Molly describe the assassin who kills her former partner?
10. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)