|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Case see everywhere when he wakes up?
(a) Strange symbols on the walls.
(c) Pictures of girls.
(d) The ruins of a city.
2. What does Case think is causing the strange things he sees?
(a) The virus.
(b) Intrusion from the Turing police.
(c) Wintermute's interference.
(d) A breakdown of the AI's aging mainframe.
3. What wakes Case up?
(b) Strange symbols on the back of his eyelids.
(c) Linda's snoring.
4. What is Wintermute now?
(a) A god.
(b) A ghost.
(c) The matrix.
(d) The ruler of the world.
5. How does Armitage die?
(a) He shoots himself in the head.
(b) Case kills him in self-defense.
(c) Wintermute poisons him.
(d) He is ejected in a lifepod that is not properly sealed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Case fantasize about as a child?
2. What do Case, Flatline, and the virus look like in cyberspace?
3. What does Case lose?
4. Why does Neuromancer have Riviera's eyes?
5. Who was the woman Case saw at the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wintermute warn Case about at the end of the chapter?
2. How is Straylight described to Case?
3. What happens to the Turing agents?
4. How does the story end? What happens to Case?
5. Why does Ashpool kill his wife? How does her death affect the family?
6. What does Wintermute compare itself to? Why?
7. Describe the atmosphere and decor of Straylight.
8. What is the significance of the concrete bunker from the beach?
9. What does Michele tell Case about the severity of his crimes?
10. What happens to Armitage in this chapter?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)