Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
2. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
3. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
5. What happens when students are "screened out"?
Essay Topic 1
"Nervous Conditions" is the title of this novel. First, explain if you think it is a fitting title. Why or why not? Then, list at least three characters who exhibit nervous conditions throughout the novel. How does their nervousness manifest? How do their conditions affect their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Tambu experiences many culture shocks when she leaves the village and joins Babamukuru's family in the city. First, create a list of amenities Tambu is unused to in the city, and briefly explain how she copes with these changes. Then explain Tambu's struggle with self-pity. Why does she feel this way about herself after moving to the city?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the novel, Nyasha is struggling with an eating disorder. First, explain how this disorder affects life within her household. Then explain why Dangarembga might have chosen this particular disease for Nyasha to struggle with. What might this disease symbolize in Nyasha's life?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)