Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
2. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
3. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
5. What happens when students are "screened out"?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the novel, Babamukuru announces that Jeremiah and Mainini will have a church wedding. First, explain why this wedding was so important to Babamukuru that he would offer to pay for the whole thing. What traditional customs does this wedding represent? Then explain Tambu's reaction to the forced marriage. How does this wedding change her views of her family?
Essay Topic 2
Tambu experiences many culture shocks when she leaves the village and joins Babamukuru's family in the city. First, create a list of amenities Tambu is unused to in the city, and briefly explain how she copes with these changes. Then explain Tambu's struggle with self-pity. Why does she feel this way about herself after moving to the city?
Essay Topic 3
When the story opens, Tambu admits that she was not sorry when her brother died. First, explain the relationship Tambu had with her older brother, Nhamo. Then explain how Nhamo's death affected Tambu's life and why she might have been pleased to see him die.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)