Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
2. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
3. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
5. What happens when students are "screened out"?
Essay Topic 1
When the story opens, Tambu admits that she was not sorry when her brother died. First, explain the relationship Tambu had with her older brother, Nhamo. Then explain how Nhamo's death affected Tambu's life and why she might have been pleased to see him die.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Tambu struggles with whether she wants to remember or forget her family in the village. First, give examples of two scenes in which Tambu expresses her struggle with memory. Then describe why it would be beneficial for Tambu to remember her family back home, and why it would be beneficial for her to forget where she came from.
Essay Topic 3
Toward the end of the first semester, Nyasha becomes increasingly obsessed with her schooling and final exams. How does Nyasha display her nervousness about the end of term? How does this nervousness compare/contrast with Tambu's nervousness? What is suddenly motivating Nyasha to succeed, and what does she fear if she fails?
This section contains 1,332 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)