Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
2. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
3. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
5. What happens when students are "screened out"?
The older female characters have many different responsibilities. First, create a list of older female characters in the text and briefly describe each of their roles within the family. What is the attitude of the older women toward their responsibilities in the family? How do their attitudes compare/contrast to the attitudes of the younger girls?
Tambu experiences many culture shocks when she leaves the village and joins Babamukuru's family in the city. First, create a list of amenities Tambu is unused to in the city, and briefly explain how she copes with these changes. Then explain Tambu's struggle with self-pity. Why does she feel this way about herself after moving to the city?
At the end of the novel, Babamukuru chastises Nyasha, accusing her of being promiscuous. Why did Babamukur believe that Nyasha was acting inappropriately? Do you agree with his assessment of his daughter's behavior? Why or why not? Second, explain the double standard Babamukuru has for his children's behavior. How does he feel about Chido's promiscuous ways?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)