Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
2. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
3. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
5. What happens when students are "screened out"?
Essay Topic 1
Toward the end of the first semester, Nyasha becomes increasingly obsessed with her schooling and final exams. How does Nyasha display her nervousness about the end of term? How does this nervousness compare/contrast with Tambu's nervousness? What is suddenly motivating Nyasha to succeed, and what does she fear if she fails?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the novel, Babamukuru announces that Jeremiah and Mainini will have a church wedding. First, explain why this wedding was so important to Babamukuru that he would offer to pay for the whole thing. What traditional customs does this wedding represent? Then explain Tambu's reaction to the forced marriage. How does this wedding change her views of her family?
Essay Topic 3
At the start of the story, Dangarembga writes that this will be a story of "entrapment, escape, and rebellion." Do you agree with this assessment of the story? Why or why not? Give two examples of scenes that support Dangarembga's claim. Then give two examples of scenes that counteract this claim.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)