|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
2. Which of the following is the same about Ma'Shingayi and Lucia at the time when Tambu comes to visit?
(a) They are both learning to sew.
(b) They are both gravely ill.
(c) They are both trying to divorce their husbands.
(d) They are both pregnant.
3. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is overwhelmed.
(d) She is resentful.
4. Which of the following characters is the only one allowed in the family meeting regarding Lucia's presence on the homestead?
5. Who forbids Nyasha from coming to visit Tambu at school?
(a) The nuns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Ma'Shingayi and Lucia related?
2. Who is the first person Maiguru stays with after leaving Babamukuru?
3. Which of the following topics does Nyasha frequently discuss in her letters to Tambu?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
5. Which of the children in the novel has arrangements made to be sent to the missionary school one town over?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
2. How do Nyasha's parents react to the dress she wears to the Christmas dance?
3. How does Babamukuru propose to deal with the evil that has been following his family?
4. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
5. What happens to Nyasha when she is late to the dinner table on the evening before Tambu leaves for the Sacred Heart?
6. What causes Lucia to burst out of the kitchen during the family meeting and attack Takesure?
7. Why doesn't Nyasha want to attend the missionary school one town over?
8. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
9. How does Maiguru react to the vicious fight that breaks out between Babamukuru and Nyasha after the dance?
10. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)