|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucia threaten to do to Ma'Shingayi's baby if she doesn't get out of bed?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Drown him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Stab him.
2. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
3. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
(a) To be submissive.
(b) To be obedient.
(c) To be respectful.
(d) To be smart.
4. What color is the fabric purchased for the bridesmaids' dresses?
5. How long had Lucia been homeless before coming to stay at the homestead?
(a) 21 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 19 years.
(d) 13 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
2. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
3. Despite having a latrine, where does Tambu go to the bathroom?
4. What is the name of the boy who teaches Nyasha new dance steps?
5. How does Babamukuru react to his daughter's end-of-term exam scores?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nyasha's parents react to the dress she wears to the Christmas dance?
2. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
3. What part about studying makes Nyasha most nervous, and how does she combat those nerves?
4. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
5. What causes Lucia to burst out of the kitchen during the family meeting and attack Takesure?
6. How does Tambu react when Lucia announces that she is leaving the homestead for good?
7. Why doesn't Nyasha want to attend the missionary school one town over?
8. How does Tambu feel about the village latrine?
9. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
10. How are the dresses for Ma'Shingayi's wedding purchased?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)