|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Lucia been homeless before coming to stay at the homestead?
(a) 19 years.
(b) 21 years.
(c) 11 years.
(d) 13 years.
2. Which of the following characters stays behind after the holidays to care for Ma'Shingayi?
3. Who is the first person Maiguru stays with after leaving Babamukuru?
(a) Tete Gladys.
(c) Her brother.
4. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
(a) A medicine man.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) An oncologist.
5. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
(a) Because she is the smartest in the class.
(b) Because she comes from a wealthy family.
(c) Because she is well-traveled and well-respected.
(d) Because she is the headmaster's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following male characters compliments Maiguru on how hard she works and tells her that she may go to bed?
2. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
3. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT object to Tambu accepting a scholarship from the nuns?
5. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the process of being "screened out" at school and why does Nyasha fear it?
2. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
3. What part about studying makes Nyasha most nervous, and how does she combat those nerves?
4. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia's presence on the homestead?
5. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
6. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
7. Who is Nyaradzo?
8. Why do nuns from the Sacred Heart arrive at the mission school?
9. What happens to Nyasha when she is late to the dinner table on the evening before Tambu leaves for the Sacred Heart?
10. How does Lucia rouse Ma'Shingayi from her depression?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)