|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the same about Ma'Shingayi and Lucia at the time when Tambu comes to visit?
(a) They are both learning to sew.
(b) They are both gravely ill.
(c) They are both trying to divorce their husbands.
(d) They are both pregnant.
2. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
(a) A monster.
(b) A hero.
(c) A man.
(d) A god.
3. During which grade in school do the nuns arrive to give students general examinations?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
4. Who curls up next to Nyasha on the night of the fight, sleeping with their arms wrapped around her?
5. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
3. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
4. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
5. Which of the following is NOT a purchase Maiguru makes at the general store for Tambu to take with her to her new school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family react to the news that Babamukuru has found Lucia a job?
2. What is the process of being "screened out" at school and why does Nyasha fear it?
3. What part about studying makes Nyasha most nervous, and how does she combat those nerves?
4. What causes Lucia to burst out of the kitchen during the family meeting and attack Takesure?
5. What is the reaction from Babamukuru's family when Tambu wins a scholarship to the Sacred Heart?
6. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
7. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
8. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
9. Who is Nyaradzo?
10. During the family meeting, what does Lucia say about Jeremiah and his relationship with Ma'Shingayi?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)