|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year does Tambu return home to the village for the first time?
2. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
3. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
4. What is Babamukuru's only expense at Tambu's new school?
(a) Her lodging.
(b) Her uniform.
(c) Her tuition.
(d) Her books.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT fall to their knees in gratitude to Babamukuru?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
2. What is the name of Tambu's youngest brother?
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
4. Despite having a latrine, where does Tambu go to the bathroom?
5. Who is put in charge of purchasing material for the dresses to be used in Jeremiah and Ma'Shingayi's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
2. What causes Lucia to burst out of the kitchen during the family meeting and attack Takesure?
3. Why doesn't Nyasha want to attend the missionary school one town over?
4. Why do nuns from the Sacred Heart arrive at the mission school?
5. How does Tambu feel about the village latrine?
6. What part about studying makes Nyasha most nervous, and how does she combat those nerves?
7. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Tambu winning the scholarship?
8. Who is Nyaradzo?
9. What is the process of being "screened out" at school and why does Nyasha fear it?
10. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)