|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT fall to their knees in gratitude to Babamukuru?
2. What aspect of the nuns makes Tambu's family nervous?
(a) They are white.
(b) They are rich.
(c) They are rude.
(d) They are Catholic.
3. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
4. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
(a) He accepts it.
(b) He does not know she is staying there.
(c) He is apathetic to it.
(d) He forbids it.
5. How many people arrive at the homestead to celebrate Babamukuru's arrival?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following students claims that studying for the exams is "the first time I've done something that matters"?
2. Where is Tambu's father when the she arrives to visit?
3. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
4. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
5. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia's presence on the homestead?
2. Who is Nyaradzo?
3. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
4. How do Nyasha's parents react to the dress she wears to the Christmas dance?
5. Why do nuns from the Sacred Heart arrive at the mission school?
6. How does Tambu react when Lucia announces that she is leaving the homestead for good?
7. How does the family react to the news that Babamukuru has found Lucia a job?
8. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
9. How does Tambu feel about her parents' impending wedding ceremony?
10. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)