|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following students claims that studying for the exams is "the first time I've done something that matters"?
2. How does Babamukuru react to his daughter's end-of-term exam scores?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is disappointed.
3. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
4. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
(a) A hero.
(b) A god.
(c) A man.
(d) A monster.
5. While Nyasha is at the hospital, where is Tambu sent?
(a) Back to school.
(b) To Babamukuru's home.
(c) To church.
(d) To the homestead.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
2. During which meal does Nyasha collapse in front of her family?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ma'Shingayi accuses Maiguru of during the family meeting?
4. Which of the following topics does Nyasha frequently discuss in her letters to Tambu?
5. What does Lucia threaten to do to Ma'Shingayi's baby if she doesn't get out of bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maiguru responsible for during the trip to the homestead, and how does she react to this responsibility?
2. How does Tambu react when Lucia announces that she is leaving the homestead for good?
3. How does Maiguru react to the vicious fight that breaks out between Babamukuru and Nyasha after the dance?
4. How does Lucia rouse Ma'Shingayi from her depression?
5. How does the family react to the news that Babamukuru has found Lucia a job?
6. Why do nuns from the Sacred Heart arrive at the mission school?
7. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
8. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
9. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia's presence on the homestead?
10. What happens to Nyasha when she is late to the dinner table on the evening before Tambu leaves for the Sacred Heart?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)