|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tambu's youngest brother?
2. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
(b) New Year's.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT fall to their knees in gratitude to Babamukuru?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Tambu to her new school with the nuns?
5. What does Babamukuru give to Jeremiah as a wedding gift?
(a) A car.
(b) A cow.
(d) A sack of gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
2. Whom does Babamukuru compliment for the work done on the homestead while he was away?
3. Which of the following women is the eldest in Tambu's family?
4. What is Babamukuru's only expense at Tambu's new school?
5. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part about studying makes Nyasha most nervous, and how does she combat those nerves?
2. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
3. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
4. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
5. How does Lucia rouse Ma'Shingayi from her depression?
6. Why doesn't Nyasha want to attend the missionary school one town over?
7. How does Tambu feel about her parents' impending wedding ceremony?
8. How does Maiguru react to the vicious fight that breaks out between Babamukuru and Nyasha after the dance?
9. How do Nyasha's parents react to the dress she wears to the Christmas dance?
10. How does Tambu feel about having to return to the homestead to visit her family for Christmas?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)