|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
(a) To be respectful.
(b) To be submissive.
(c) To be smart.
(d) To be obedient.
2. Which of the following characters does NOT fall to their knees in gratitude to Babamukuru?
3. How many lashes does Tambu receive on the day of her parents' wedding?
4. Who is put in charge of overseeing the food during the duration of the trip home?
5. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A child.
(b) A hero.
(c) A fool.
(d) A coward.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
2. How does Tambu travel to the nun's school?
3. Who is the first person Maiguru stays with after leaving Babamukuru?
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
5. What happens when students are "screened out"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Tambu winning the scholarship?
2. Who is Nyaradzo?
3. How does Maiguru react to the vicious fight that breaks out between Babamukuru and Nyasha after the dance?
4. What happens to Nyasha when she is late to the dinner table on the evening before Tambu leaves for the Sacred Heart?
5. What is Maiguru responsible for during the trip to the homestead, and how does she react to this responsibility?
6. How does the family react to the news that Babamukuru has found Lucia a job?
7. Why doesn't Nyasha want to attend the missionary school one town over?
8. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
9. How are the dresses for Ma'Shingayi's wedding purchased?
10. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)