|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
2. What is the name of the school at which the nuns work?
(a) Our Lady of Sorrows.
(b) Sacred Heart.
(c) Immaculate Conception.
(d) Saint Paul.
3. Which of the following is NOT a purchase Maiguru makes at the general store for Tambu to take with her to her new school?
(a) Tomato sauce.
(b) Fruit juice.
(c) Tinned jam.
(d) Rice pudding.
4. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two fortnights.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
(b) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
(c) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
(d) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
2. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
3. On what type of bed does Tambu's mother sleep?
4. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
5. Who makes the final decision to kick Lucia off the homestead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu react when Lucia announces that she is leaving the homestead for good?
2. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
3. What is the process of being "screened out" at school and why does Nyasha fear it?
4. How does Tambu feel about her parents' impending wedding ceremony?
5. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
6. What is Maiguru responsible for during the trip to the homestead, and how does she react to this responsibility?
7. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
8. How do Nyasha's parents react to the dress she wears to the Christmas dance?
9. After Nyasha collapses and is brought to the doctor, what is her diagnosis?
10. How are the dresses for Ma'Shingayi's wedding purchased?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)