|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
(a) It is spotless.
(b) It is brand-new.
(c) It has been renovated.
(d) It is filthy.
2. Whom does Babamukuru compliment for the work done on the homestead while he was away?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT speak to Babamukuru about Tambu's punishment?
4. Which of the following is NOT a chore Tambu is expected to complete while visiting her family at the homestead?
(a) Cleaning the latrine.
(b) Washing the clothes.
(c) Fetching the water.
(d) Harvesting the fields.
5. How does Tambu feel about Lucia's outburst in the family meeting, at which she promises to leave the homestead, taking Ma'Shingayi with her?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucia threaten to do to Ma'Shingayi's baby if she doesn't get out of bed?
2. What part of Nyasha's recent behavior at exam times worries Maiguru?
3. Which of the following characters stays behind after the holidays to care for Ma'Shingayi?
4. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
5. What does Nyaradzo's family do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lucia to burst out of the kitchen during the family meeting and attack Takesure?
2. After Nyasha collapses and is brought to the doctor, what is her diagnosis?
3. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
4. What part about studying makes Nyasha most nervous, and how does she combat those nerves?
5. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia's presence on the homestead?
6. Who is Nyaradzo?
7. Why do nuns from the Sacred Heart arrive at the mission school?
8. How does Tambu feel about the village latrine?
9. How does Tambu react when Lucia announces that she is leaving the homestead for good?
10. How does Lucia rouse Ma'Shingayi from her depression?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)