|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
(a) He thinks she looks womanly.
(b) He thinks she looks inappropriate.
(c) He thinks she looks like a clown.
(d) He thinks she looks beautiful.
2. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
3. What happens when students are "screened out"?
(a) They are kicked out of the school.
(b) They are promoted to a higher grade.
(c) They are left to repeat their same grade.
(d) They are sent to a different school in another town.
4. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A hero.
(b) A fool.
(c) A coward.
(d) A child.
5. Which of the following topics does Nyasha frequently discuss in her letters to Tambu?
(a) Her chores.
(b) Her diet.
(c) Her crushes.
(d) Her grades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
2. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
3. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
4. How does Tambu react to her first school dance?
5. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Tambu winning the scholarship?
2. How does Babamukuru propose to deal with the evil that has been following his family?
3. What is the process of being "screened out" at school and why does Nyasha fear it?
4. What is the reaction from Babamukuru's family when Tambu wins a scholarship to the Sacred Heart?
5. What causes Lucia to burst out of the kitchen during the family meeting and attack Takesure?
6. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
7. What part about studying makes Nyasha most nervous, and how does she combat those nerves?
8. Why do nuns from the Sacred Heart arrive at the mission school?
9. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
10. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)