|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the same about Ma'Shingayi and Lucia at the time when Tambu comes to visit?
(a) They are both trying to divorce their husbands.
(b) They are both gravely ill.
(c) They are both pregnant.
(d) They are both learning to sew.
2. During which grade in school do the nuns arrive to give students general examinations?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Seventh grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
3. Which of the following students claims that studying for the exams is "the first time I've done something that matters"?
4. Whom does Babamukuru compliment for the work done on the homestead while he was away?
5. Which of the following is NOT a chore Tambu is expected to complete while visiting her family at the homestead?
(a) Fetching the water.
(b) Washing the clothes.
(c) Harvesting the fields.
(d) Cleaning the latrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Ma'Shingayi accuses Maiguru of during the family meeting?
3. When Ma'Shingayi gives birth, what does she have?
4. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
5. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu react when Lucia announces that she is leaving the homestead for good?
2. Why doesn't Nyasha want to attend the missionary school one town over?
3. What is Maiguru responsible for during the trip to the homestead, and how does she react to this responsibility?
4. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia's presence on the homestead?
5. After Nyasha collapses and is brought to the doctor, what is her diagnosis?
6. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
7. How does Tambu feel about having to return to the homestead to visit her family for Christmas?
8. How are the dresses for Ma'Shingayi's wedding purchased?
9. How does Babamukuru propose to deal with the evil that has been following his family?
10. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)