|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about Lucia's outburst in the family meeting, at which she promises to leave the homestead, taking Ma'Shingayi with her?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is confused.
2. Which of the following is NOT a purchase Maiguru makes at the general store for Tambu to take with her to her new school?
(a) Rice pudding.
(b) Tinned jam.
(c) Fruit juice.
(d) Tomato sauce.
3. What does Babamukuru give to Jeremiah as a wedding gift?
(a) A sack of gold coins.
(b) A cow.
(d) A car.
4. What part of Nyasha's recent behavior at exam times worries Maiguru?
(a) She is becoming withdrawn.
(b) She is becoming disruptive.
(c) She is becoming apathetic.
(d) She is becoming obsessive.
5. Where is Tambu's father when the she arrives to visit?
(a) Working in the fields.
(b) Sick in the hospital.
(c) Shopping in town.
(d) He has passed away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
2. Which of the following is NOT a reason Lucia gives as to why she must stay on the homestead?
3. While Nyasha is at the hospital, where is Tambu sent?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT fall to their knees in gratitude to Babamukuru?
5. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nyaradzo believe to be special about her brothers?
2. How do Nyasha's parents react to the dress she wears to the Christmas dance?
3. How does Tambu react when Lucia announces that she is leaving the homestead for good?
4. How does the family react to the news that Babamukuru has found Lucia a job?
5. How does Maiguru react to the vicious fight that breaks out between Babamukuru and Nyasha after the dance?
6. Why doesn't Nyasha want to attend the missionary school one town over?
7. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
8. What is Tambu's punishment for refusing to attend her parents' wedding?
9. How does Lucia rouse Ma'Shingayi from her depression?
10. During the family meeting, what does Lucia say about Jeremiah and his relationship with Ma'Shingayi?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)