|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
(a) Babamukuru serves the rest of the family, thus controlling their portions.
(b) The food is kept on warmers until Babamukuru is ready to eat.
(c) Babamukuru dictates the menu.
(d) Babamukuru is always served first.
2. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A knife.
(b) A set of chopsticks.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A fork.
3. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
(a) A puppy's antics.
(b) Eye contact.
(c) A porcelain doll.
(d) Spilled milk.
4. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
5. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(a) Tend a garden.
(c) Raise a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
2. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
3. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
4. How does Tambu feel when she is forced to interact with the village women in the kitchen?
5. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
2. What education does Maiguru have, and how has her education changed her role within the family?
3. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
4. How does Tambu feel about Maiguru and her relationship to education?
5. How does Tambu handle washing the hands of her relatives?
6. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
7. How is the ice between Tambu and Nyasha finally broken, and what do they discuss during their first conversation?
8. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
9. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
10. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)