|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tambu's mother work?
(a) In a nursery.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a school.
(d) In a garden.
2. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A set of chopsticks.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fork.
(d) A spoon.
3. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
4. Which of the following characters does Tambu describe as "intangible"?
5. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
2. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
3. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
4. How does Tambu feel when she is forced to interact with the village women in the kitchen?
5. Which of the following beverages does Tambu regularly drink with Maiguru?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nhamo die?
2. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
3. How does Tambu feel about the tea Maiguru serves at her home?
4. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
5. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
6. How do the girls at Sacred Heart treat Nyasha?
7. What hopes does Tambu have for her relationship with Nyasha once she arrives at Babamukuru's home?
8. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
9. How does Nyasha react to the fact that she cannot find her D.H. Lawrence book?
10. How did Nhamo react to Babamukuru's home and how did his reaction affect Tambu when she arrives at the home?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)