|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
(a) They praise her.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They chide her.
(d) They are confused by her.
2. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be shocked.
(b) She forces herself to be appreciative.
(c) She forces herself to be confused.
(d) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
3. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
4. What language does Chido speak?
5. When thinking about her education, what does Nyasha wish?
(a) That she had never been sent to England.
(b) That she had never been sent to school.
(c) That she could stay in school forever.
(d) That she had been allowed to stay in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following food items aren't the children allowed to eat at the dinner party?
2. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
3. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
4. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
5. How does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle's house for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girls at Sacred Heart treat Nyasha?
2. How does Babamukuru control the education of the village children where Tambu lives?
3. How is the ice between Tambu and Nyasha finally broken, and what do they discuss during their first conversation?
4. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia's presence on the homestead?
5. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
6. What is Maiguru responsible for during the trip to the homestead, and how does she react to this responsibility?
7. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
8. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
9. How does Babamukuru propose to deal with the evil that has been following his family?
10. How does Tambu feel about her parents' impending wedding ceremony?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)