|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too fearful.
2. What does Tambu's mother think is the most important thing a woman must learn to carry?
(a) Her babies.
(b) Her burderns.
(c) Her worries.
(d) Her fears.
3. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
(a) Her new school clothes.
(b) Her new school notebooks.
(c) Her new bedroom set.
(d) Her new car.
4. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
(a) For one year.
(b) For one week.
(c) For one day.
(d) For one month.
5. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
(a) Boarding school.
(b) Missionary school.
(c) Elementary school.
(d) Montessori school.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
2. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
3. Which of the following terms does Tambu use to describe Babamukuru's home?
4. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
5. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
2. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
3. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
4. How does Tambu feel about the tea Maiguru serves at her home?
5. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
6. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
7. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
8. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
9. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
10. How does Babamukuru control the education of the village children where Tambu lives?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)