|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
2. What part about her uncle makes Tambu the most uncomfortable?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His religion.
3. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) On foot.
(c) By car.
(d) By carriage.
4. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
(a) She is uncharacteristically kind to him.
(b) She is affectionate and sentimental.
(c) She is unable to speak to him.
(d) She slaps him in the face.
5. What does Nyasha believe that her parents feel for her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following activities has Babamukuru forbidden while he is visiting?
2. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
3. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
4. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
5. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
2. How is Babamukuru treated by the village when he returns?
3. How does Nhamo die?
4. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
5. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
6. How is the ice between Tambu and Nyasha finally broken, and what do they discuss during their first conversation?
7. How does Tambu's father react to the news that there isn't enough money for both of his children to attend school?
8. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
9. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
10. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)