|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
(c) Her family.
2. Which of the following food items aren't the children allowed to eat at the dinner party?
3. How does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle's house for the first time?
(a) She feels excited.
(b) She feels bored.
(c) She feels terrified.
(d) She feels embarrassed.
4. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A set of chopsticks.
(b) A fork.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spoon.
5. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
(a) She is affectionate and sentimental.
(b) She is uncharacteristically kind to him.
(c) She is unable to speak to him.
(d) She slaps him in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
2. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
3. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
4. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
5. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
2. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
3. What happens when Tambu is in town with Mr. Matimbo?
4. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
5. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
6. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
7. How does Nyasha react to the fact that she cannot find her D.H. Lawrence book?
8. How does Nhamo die?
9. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
10. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)