|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
2. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
3. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A toilet flush.
(b) A water filter.
(c) A light switch.
(d) A dishwasher.
4. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
(a) From tallest to shortest.
(b) From oldest to youngest.
(c) From most to least important.
(d) From wealthiest to richest.
5. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
2. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
3. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
4. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
5. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu handle washing the hands of her relatives?
2. What education does Maiguru have, and how has her education changed her role within the family?
3. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
4. How does Nhamo die?
5. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
6. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
7. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
8. What happens when Tambu begins to grow her own garden of corn to pay for her tuition?
9. How is the ice between Tambu and Nyasha finally broken, and what do they discuss during their first conversation?
10. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)