|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too fearful.
2. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
(a) Nyasha completely ignores the maid.
(b) Nyasha is afraid of the maid's anger.
(c) Nyasha admires the maid's hard work.
(d) Nyasha finds the maid annoying.
3. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
4. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is unintelligent.
(b) Because she is too smart.
(c) Because she is a girl.
(d) Because she is too young.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
2. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
3. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
4. Which of the following terms does Tambu use to describe Babamukuru's home?
5. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
2. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
3. How does Tambu feel about Maiguru and her relationship to education?
4. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
5. How do the girls at Sacred Heart treat Nyasha?
6. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
7. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
8. How did Nhamo react to Babamukuru's home and how did his reaction affect Tambu when she arrives at the home?
9. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
10. What education does Maiguru have, and how has her education changed her role within the family?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)