|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
(a) Wash their clothes.
(b) Wash their faces.
(c) Wash their feet.
(d) Wash their hands.
2. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(b) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(c) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(d) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
3. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The King.
(b) The Master.
(c) The Lord.
(d) The Prince.
4. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He does not attend school.
(b) He is an average student.
(c) He excels at school.
(d) He performs poorly in school.
5. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about the way Nyasha speaks to Maiguru?
2. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
3. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
4. What has Babamukuru taken away from Nyasha, causing an uproar at the dinner table?
5. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about her parents' impending wedding ceremony?
2. How does Tambu feel about having to return to the homestead to visit her family for Christmas?
3. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
4. What is Maiguru responsible for during the trip to the homestead, and how does she react to this responsibility?
5. How does Tambu handle washing the hands of her relatives?
6. Who is Nyaradzo?
7. How does Babamukuru propose to deal with the evil that has been following his family?
8. How does Tambu feel about the village latrine?
9. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
10. How does Tambu feel about the tea Maiguru serves at her home?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)