|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fork.
(d) A set of chopsticks.
2. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
(b) She has four children.
(c) She has a personal driver.
(d) She is well-educated.
3. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
(a) His childhood village.
(b) Babamukuru's house.
(d) The parochial school.
4. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(a) Raise a baby.
(d) Tend a garden.
5. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
(b) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
2. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
3. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
4. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
5. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
2. How does Tambu describe the swimming holes near her home?
3. How do the girls at Sacred Heart treat Nyasha?
4. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
5. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
6. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
7. How does Nhamo die?
8. How is Babamukuru treated by the village when he returns?
9. Why are the young men at Babamukuru's dinner party unhappy?
10. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)