|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
2. Where does Tambu's mother work?
(a) In a garden.
(b) In a nursery.
(c) In an office.
(d) In a school.
3. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(b) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(c) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(d) Nhamo is older than Tambu
4. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) A wife.
(d) A nurse.
5. What does Nyasha believe that her parents feel for her?
Short Answer Questions
1. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
2. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
3. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
4. Which of the following terms does Tambu use to describe Babamukuru's home?
5. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
2. How does Nyasha feel about the time she and her brother spent in England?
3. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
4. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
5. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
6. How is Babamukuru treated by the village when he returns?
7. How is the ice between Tambu and Nyasha finally broken, and what do they discuss during their first conversation?
8. What happens when Tambu is in town with Mr. Matimbo?
9. How did Nhamo react to Babamukuru's home and how did his reaction affect Tambu when she arrives at the home?
10. How does Tambu handle washing the hands of her relatives?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)