|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
2. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
(a) Tambu admires her.
(b) Tambu fears her.
(c) Tambu does not know her.
(d) Tambu hates her.
3. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
(a) Blacks and Whites.
(b) Men and Women.
(c) Adults and Children.
(d) There is no segregation at the swimming holes.
4. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
5. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
2. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
4. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
5. Which of the following activities has Babamukuru forbidden while he is visiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nhamo die?
2. How does Tambu feel about her parents' impending wedding ceremony?
3. How does Babamukuru control the education of the village children where Tambu lives?
4. What happens when Tambu is in town with Mr. Matimbo?
5. Who is Nyaradzo?
6. What is the process of being "screened out" at school and why does Nyasha fear it?
7. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
8. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
9. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
10. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)