|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
2. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
3. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
4. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two weeks.
5. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
(c) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
2. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
3. Who is Netsai in relation to Tambu?
4. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
5. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
2. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
3. How do the girls at Sacred Heart treat Nyasha?
4. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
5. What education does Maiguru have, and how has her education changed her role within the family?
6. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
7. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
8. How does Nhamo die?
9. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
10. How does Tambu feel about Maiguru and her relationship to education?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)