|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
2. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
3. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She is well-educated.
(b) She has a personal driver.
(c) She has four children.
(d) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
4. What has Babamukuru taken away from Nyasha, causing an uproar at the dinner table?
(a) Her dessert.
(b) Her telephone.
(c) Her book.
(d) Her diary.
5. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
2. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
3. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
4. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
5. What year does Nhamo die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the young men at Babamukuru's dinner party unhappy?
2. How does Tambu's father react to the news that there isn't enough money for both of his children to attend school?
3. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
4. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
5. What happens when Tambu is in town with Mr. Matimbo?
6. How does Tambu handle washing the hands of her relatives?
7. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
8. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
9. How does Nyasha react to the fact that she cannot find her D.H. Lawrence book?
10. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)