|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
2. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
3. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
4. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small pox.
5. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
(a) For one month.
(b) For one week.
(c) For one year.
(d) For one day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
2. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
3. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
4. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
5. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
2. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
3. How does Tambu feel about the tea Maiguru serves at her home?
4. How did Nhamo react to Babamukuru's home and how did his reaction affect Tambu when she arrives at the home?
5. Why are the young men at Babamukuru's dinner party unhappy?
6. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
7. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
8. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
9. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
10. How does Babamukuru control the education of the village children where Tambu lives?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)