|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be confused.
(b) She forces herself to be shocked.
(c) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
(d) She forces herself to be appreciative.
2. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The pantry.
(d) The bathroom.
3. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
4. How does Tambu feel about herself when she sees herself in the mirror on the first day of school?
(a) She thinks she looks ugly.
(b) She thinks she still looks poor.
(c) She thinks she looks rich.
(d) She thinks she looks pretty.
5. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
(d) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
2. Which of the following characters does Tambu liken to God?
3. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
4. Which of the following food items aren't the children allowed to eat at the dinner party?
5. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What hopes does Tambu have for her relationship with Nyasha once she arrives at Babamukuru's home?
2. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
3. How does Tambu describe the swimming holes near her home?
4. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
5. How does Nyasha feel about the time she and her brother spent in England?
6. What excuses does Maiguru make about Nyasha's poor attitude and rude behavior?
7. How does Nyasha react to the fact that she cannot find her D.H. Lawrence book?
8. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
9. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
10. How is the ice between Tambu and Nyasha finally broken, and what do they discuss during their first conversation?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)