|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(b) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(c) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(d) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
2. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The King.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Master.
(d) The Lord.
3. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
4. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
(a) From tallest to shortest.
(b) From oldest to youngest.
(c) From most to least important.
(d) From wealthiest to richest.
5. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(b) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
2. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
3. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
4. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
5. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Babamukuru control the education of the village children where Tambu lives?
2. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
3. How do the girls at Sacred Heart treat Nyasha?
4. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
5. What happens when Tambu begins to grow her own garden of corn to pay for her tuition?
6. How does Nhamo die?
7. How did Nhamo react to Babamukuru's home and how did his reaction affect Tambu when she arrives at the home?
8. What hopes does Tambu have for her relationship with Nyasha once she arrives at Babamukuru's home?
9. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
10. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)