|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
2. When thinking about her education, what does Nyasha wish?
(a) That she had been allowed to stay in England.
(b) That she had never been sent to school.
(c) That she could stay in school forever.
(d) That she had never been sent to England.
3. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
4. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(b) Small pox.
(c) Scarlet fever.
5. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
(d) Another village boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
2. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
4. How does Tambu feel about herself when she sees herself in the mirror on the first day of school?
5. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
2. How does Tambu feel about Maiguru and her relationship to education?
3. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
4. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
5. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
6. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
7. How does Tambu's father react to the news that there isn't enough money for both of his children to attend school?
8. What excuses does Maiguru make about Nyasha's poor attitude and rude behavior?
9. How does Tambu handle washing the hands of her relatives?
10. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)