|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
2. What part about her uncle makes Tambu the most uncomfortable?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His religion.
(d) His attitude.
3. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is saddened.
(d) He is confused.
4. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
(a) Wash their clothes.
(b) Wash their hands.
(c) Wash their faces.
(d) Wash their feet.
5. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Send money to her family.
(c) Return to the village.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
2. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
3. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
4. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
5. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girls at Sacred Heart treat Nyasha?
2. What hopes does Tambu have for her relationship with Nyasha once she arrives at Babamukuru's home?
3. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
4. How does Tambu feel about the tea Maiguru serves at her home?
5. What excuses does Maiguru make about Nyasha's poor attitude and rude behavior?
6. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
7. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
8. How does Nhamo die?
9. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
10. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)