|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle's house for the first time?
(a) She feels terrified.
(b) She feels embarrassed.
(c) She feels excited.
(d) She feels bored.
2. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
3. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
4. Which of the following characters does Tambu liken to God?
(d) Mr. Matimba.
5. Which of the following characters does Tambu describe as "intangible"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
2. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
3. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
4. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
5. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
2. How does Tambu describe the swimming holes near her home?
3. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
4. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
5. What education does Maiguru have, and how has her education changed her role within the family?
6. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
7. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
8. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
9. What happens when Tambu is in town with Mr. Matimbo?
10. How does Tambu react to her discovery in the cornfield?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)