|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about herself when she sees herself in the mirror on the first day of school?
(a) She thinks she still looks poor.
(b) She thinks she looks rich.
(c) She thinks she looks ugly.
(d) She thinks she looks pretty.
2. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
(b) Her family.
3. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(b) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(d) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
4. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(b) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(c) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(d) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
5. Which of the following food items aren't the children allowed to eat at the dinner party?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nhamo perform in school?
2. What part about her uncle makes Tambu the most uncomfortable?
3. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
4. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
5. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tambu is in town with Mr. Matimbo?
2. How is Babamukuru treated by the village when he returns?
3. Why do nuns from the Sacred Heart arrive at the mission school?
4. What happens to Nyasha when she is late to the dinner table on the evening before Tambu leaves for the Sacred Heart?
5. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
6. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
7. Who is Nyaradzo?
8. How are the dresses for Ma'Shingayi's wedding purchased?
9. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
10. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)