|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
(b) Another village boy.
2. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He performs poorly in school.
(b) He excels at school.
(c) He is an average student.
(d) He does not attend school.
3. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
(a) Her new school notebooks.
(b) Her new school clothes.
(c) Her new car.
(d) Her new bedroom set.
4. What part about Babamukuru's eating habits worries Tambu?
(a) That he eats too late.
(b) That he eats too infrequently.
(c) That he eats too early.
(d) That he eats too frequently.
5. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
2. How does Tambu feel about herself when she sees herself in the mirror on the first day of school?
3. How does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle's house for the first time?
4. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
5. In which of the following secret activities does Nyasha participate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
2. How is Babamukuru treated by the village when he returns?
3. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
4. How does Babamukuru's family feel about their maid, Anna?
5. How does Nhamo die?
6. What happens when Tambu begins to grow her own garden of corn to pay for her tuition?
7. During Tambu's first dinner with the family, how does Babamukuru mandate when, and what, his family will eat?
8. How does Tambu handle washing the hands of her relatives?
9. What excuses does Maiguru make about Nyasha's poor attitude and rude behavior?
10. How does Tambu describe the swimming holes near her home?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)