|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
2. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
3. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
(a) To respect Babamukuru.
(b) To study dilligently.
(c) To help provide for her family.
(d) To be grateful for this opportunity.
4. What year does Nhamo die?
5. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
(a) She refuses to let him in.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She spits at him.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
2. Which of the following food items aren't the children allowed to eat at the dinner party?
3. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
4. Who is Netsai in relation to Tambu?
5. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu react to Babamukuru's arrival in the village?
2. What does Babamukuru say in his formal speech welcoming Tambu to the family?
3. How does Tambu react to her sleeping arrangements at Babamukuru's house?
4. What excuses does Maiguru make about Nyasha's poor attitude and rude behavior?
5. What strategies does Tambu employ to keep her mind on her studies?
6. How does Babamukuru view the future of the village?
7. How does Nhamo die?
8. Why are the young men at Babamukuru's dinner party unhappy?
9. How does Tambu feel about Maiguru and her relationship to education?
10. How did Nhamo react to Babamukuru's home and how did his reaction affect Tambu when she arrives at the home?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)