|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
(a) Her brother fobids it.
(b) Her family does not have enough money.
(c) The school does not accept female students.
(d) Tambu does not want to attend school.
2. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
3. How does Tambu feel about the way Nyasha speaks to Maiguru?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is enthralled.
4. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(b) Because of their language barrier.
(c) Because of their age difference.
(d) Because of their economic statuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part about her uncle makes Tambu the most uncomfortable?
2. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
3. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
4. In which of the following secret activities does Nyasha participate?
5. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tambu feel when Babamukuru returns to the city, leaving her alone with her pregnant mother?
2. How does Nyasha react to the fact that she cannot find her D.H. Lawrence book?
3. What emotions does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle, Babamukuru's, home for the first time?
4. How does Ma'Shingayi feel about Tambu winning the scholarship?
5. Why are the young men at Babamukuru's dinner party unhappy?
6. What does Nyasha find most strange about the white people who live at the mission?
7. What do the village children eat at the dinner party honoring Babamukuru?
8. How does Tambu feel about the food served to her and the cutlery she is forced to use at the table?
9. What hopes does Tambu have for her relationship with Nyasha once she arrives at Babamukuru's home?
10. How does Nyasha feel about the time she and her brother spent in England?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)