|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
(b) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
(c) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
(d) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
2. Where is the school dance held?
(a) Beit Hall.
(b) Washington Hall.
(c) Faruk Hall.
(d) Columbus Hall.
3. What color is the fabric purchased for the bridesmaids' dresses?
4. Which of the following is the same about Ma'Shingayi and Lucia at the time when Tambu comes to visit?
(a) They are both gravely ill.
(b) They are both pregnant.
(c) They are both learning to sew.
(d) They are both trying to divorce their husbands.
5. What does Nyasha do to her father that causes him to go into a blind fury, repeatedly slamming her head into the floor?
(a) She spits on him.
(b) She calls him by his first name.
(c) She punches him.
(d) She ignores him.
6. Which of the children in the novel has arrangements made to be sent to the missionary school one town over?
7. What does Babamukuru give to Jeremiah as a wedding gift?
(b) A sack of gold coins.
(c) A cow.
(d) A car.
8. How long does Nyasha sleep when she's getting a good night's sleep?
(a) 9-10 hours.
(b) 3-4 hours.
(c) 5-6 hours.
(d) 7-8 hours.
9. How does Tambu react to her first school dance?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She is overwhelmed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She enjoys herself fully.
10. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
(b) Abusive sons.
(c) Crop rotation.
(d) Lack of money.
11. Which of the following is NOT a reason Lucia gives as to why she must stay on the homestead?
(a) She is too poor to leave.
(b) She was invited to stay.
(c) The homestead is her family.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
12. Which of the following characters is NOT blamed by Babamukuru for Nyasha's wild ways?
13. What is the name of the boy who teaches Nyasha new dance steps?
14. Which of the following characters does NOT object to Tambu accepting a scholarship from the nuns?
15. Which of the following food items turns green when it cannot be refrigerated, but is still served to guests?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following students scores the highest on the end-of-term exams?
2. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
3. During which grade in school do the nuns arrive to give students general examinations?
4. Which of the following is NOT a purchase Maiguru makes at the general store for Tambu to take with her to her new school?
5. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)