|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nyasha sleep when she's getting a good night's sleep?
(a) 7-8 hours.
(b) 5-6 hours.
(c) 3-4 hours.
(d) 9-10 hours.
2. What is the name of the man Lucia arrived at the homestead with?
3. During what month of the year does Tambu return home to the village for the first time?
4. Which of the following characters is the only one allowed in the family meeting regarding Lucia's presence on the homestead?
5. After the holidays, how long will Tambu and Nyasha be separated before the beginning of the next school year?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) They will not be separated.
(d) Three weeks.
6. Which of the following topics does Nyasha frequently discuss in her letters to Tambu?
(a) Her diet.
(b) Her crushes.
(c) Her grades.
(d) Her chores.
7. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two fortnights.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
8. How long had Lucia been homeless before coming to stay at the homestead?
(a) 19 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 13 years.
9. Which of the following characters does NOT fall to their knees in gratitude to Babamukuru?
10. How does Babamukuru react to his daughter's end-of-term exam scores?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is disappointed.
11. Which of the following women is the eldest in Tambu's family?
(b) Tete Gladys.
12. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
13. Which of the following characters does NOT speak to Babamukuru about Tambu's punishment?
14. What does Nyasha do to her father that causes him to go into a blind fury, repeatedly slamming her head into the floor?
(a) She spits on him.
(b) She calls him by his first name.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She punches him.
15. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Crop rotation.
(b) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Abusive sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters stays behind after the holidays to care for Ma'Shingayi?
2. How many lashes does Tambu receive on the day of her parents' wedding?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT object to Tambu accepting a scholarship from the nuns?
4. What happens when students are "screened out"?
5. How are Ma'Shingayi and Lucia related?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)