|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Nyasha is at the hospital, where is Tambu sent?
(a) Back to school.
(b) To the homestead.
(c) To church.
(d) To Babamukuru's home.
2. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
3. What does Babamukuru give to Jeremiah as a wedding gift?
(a) A cow.
(b) A car.
(d) A sack of gold coins.
4. Which of the following students scores the highest on the end-of-term exams?
5. What job does Babamukuru find for Lucia?
(a) A driver.
(b) A cook.
(c) A maid.
(d) A nurse.
6. What part of Nyasha's recent behavior at exam times worries Maiguru?
(a) She is becoming obsessive.
(b) She is becoming apathetic.
(c) She is becoming withdrawn.
(d) She is becoming disruptive.
7. What happens when students are "screened out"?
(a) They are left to repeat their same grade.
(b) They are kicked out of the school.
(c) They are promoted to a higher grade.
(d) They are sent to a different school in another town.
8. After the holidays, how long will Tambu and Nyasha be separated before the beginning of the next school year?
(a) Three days.
(b) They will not be separated.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
9. How does Nyasha feel about the upcoming school exams?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is amused.
10. How does Tambu travel to the nun's school?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By foot.
(c) By bus.
(d) By plane.
11. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A child.
(b) A fool.
(c) A coward.
(d) A hero.
12. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
13. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
(a) Being a witch.
(b) Lying about her pregnancy.
(d) Abusing the children.
14. What is Babamukuru's only expense at Tambu's new school?
(a) Her tuition.
(b) Her lodging.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her uniform.
15. How long does Nyasha sleep when she's getting a good night's sleep?
(a) 3-4 hours.
(b) 7-8 hours.
(c) 5-6 hours.
(d) 9-10 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lashes does Tambu receive on the day of her parents' wedding?
2. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ma'Shingayi accuses Maiguru of during the family meeting?
4. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
5. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)