|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the holidays, how long will Tambu and Nyasha be separated before the beginning of the next school year?
(a) They will not be separated.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
2. What color is the fabric purchased for the bridesmaids' dresses?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT object to Tambu accepting a scholarship from the nuns?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Tambu to her new school with the nuns?
5. Who curls up next to Nyasha on the night of the fight, sleeping with their arms wrapped around her?
6. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
(a) A medicine man.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) An oncologist.
7. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
8. What does Nyasha do to her father that causes him to go into a blind fury, repeatedly slamming her head into the floor?
(a) She spits on him.
(b) She calls him by his first name.
(c) She punches him.
(d) She ignores him.
9. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Crop rotation.
(b) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Abusive sons.
10. How does Nyasha feel about the upcoming school exams?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is apathetic.
11. How does Babamukuru react to his daughter's end-of-term exam scores?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is pleased.
12. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
(a) It is filthy.
(b) It is spotless.
(c) It has been renovated.
(d) It is brand-new.
13. On what type of bed does Tambu's mother sleep?
(a) A dirt floor.
(b) A featherbed.
(c) A bamboo mat.
(d) A reed mat.
14. Who is put in charge of overseeing the food during the duration of the trip home?
15. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Nyasha sleep when she's getting a good night's sleep?
2. During which grade in school do the nuns arrive to give students general examinations?
3. Where is Tambu's mother lying when the family first arrives?
4. How long had Lucia been homeless before coming to stay at the homestead?
5. What aspect of the nuns makes Tambu's family nervous?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)