|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A medicine man.
(c) An oncologist.
(d) A surgeon.
2. How many people arrive at the homestead to celebrate Babamukuru's arrival?
3. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
(b) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
(c) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
(d) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
4. How long does Nyasha sleep when she's getting a good night's sleep?
(a) 7-8 hours.
(b) 3-4 hours.
(c) 9-10 hours.
(d) 5-6 hours.
5. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is excited.
6. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
7. Which of the following characters is NOT blamed by Babamukuru for Nyasha's wild ways?
8. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
9. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
10. Who forbids Nyasha from coming to visit Tambu at school?
(d) The nuns.
11. Which of the following is NOT a purchase Maiguru makes at the general store for Tambu to take with her to her new school?
(a) Tinned jam.
(b) Rice pudding.
(c) Tomato sauce.
(d) Fruit juice.
12. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is overwhelmed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is resentful.
13. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
(a) Two fortnights.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
14. During what month of the year does Tambu return home to the village for the first time?
15. Which of the following is NOT a chore Tambu is expected to complete while visiting her family at the homestead?
(a) Cleaning the latrine.
(b) Harvesting the fields.
(c) Washing the clothes.
(d) Fetching the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
2. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
3. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
4. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
5. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)