|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nyasha sleep when she's getting a good night's sleep?
(a) 3-4 hours.
(b) 7-8 hours.
(c) 5-6 hours.
(d) 9-10 hours.
2. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
(a) To be obedient.
(b) To be submissive.
(c) To be smart.
(d) To be respectful.
3. What happens when students are "screened out"?
(a) They are promoted to a higher grade.
(b) They are left to repeat their same grade.
(c) They are kicked out of the school.
(d) They are sent to a different school in another town.
4. What part of Nyasha's recent behavior at exam times worries Maiguru?
(a) She is becoming disruptive.
(b) She is becoming apathetic.
(c) She is becoming obsessive.
(d) She is becoming withdrawn.
5. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
(a) It has been renovated.
(b) It is filthy.
(c) It is spotless.
(d) It is brand-new.
6. How does Tambu travel to the nun's school?
(a) By bus.
(b) By foot.
(c) By plane.
(d) By taxi.
7. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
(a) Because she is well-traveled and well-respected.
(b) Because she is the smartest in the class.
(c) Because she is the headmaster's daughter.
(d) Because she comes from a wealthy family.
8. On what type of bed does Tambu's mother sleep?
(a) A bamboo mat.
(b) A reed mat.
(c) A dirt floor.
(d) A featherbed.
9. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
(a) A god.
(b) A hero.
(c) A man.
(d) A monster.
10. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
(a) Abusing the children.
(c) Being a witch.
(d) Lying about her pregnancy.
11. Which of the following characters is the only one allowed in the family meeting regarding Lucia's presence on the homestead?
12. How does Nyasha feel about the upcoming school exams?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is amused.
13. After the holidays, how long will Tambu and Nyasha be separated before the beginning of the next school year?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) They will not be separated.
14. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
(a) He thinks she looks inappropriate.
(b) He thinks she looks womanly.
(c) He thinks she looks beautiful.
(d) He thinks she looks like a clown.
15. Which of the children in the novel has arrangements made to be sent to the missionary school one town over?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
2. Who forbids Nyasha from coming to visit Tambu at school?
3. During which meal does Nyasha collapse in front of her family?
4. What job does Babamukuru find for Lucia?
5. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)