|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucia threaten to do to Ma'Shingayi's baby if she doesn't get out of bed?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Drown him.
(d) Stab him.
2. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
(a) New Year's.
3. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
(a) A medicine man.
(b) An oncologist.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A psychologist.
4. When Ma'Shingayi gives birth, what does she have?
(a) A daughter.
(b) A son.
(c) Twins -- one boy and one girl.
(d) Twin sons.
5. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
(a) He does not know she is staying there.
(b) He is apathetic to it.
(c) He forbids it.
(d) He accepts it.
6. Whom does Babamukuru compliment for the work done on the homestead while he was away?
7. Which of the following food items turns green when it cannot be refrigerated, but is still served to guests?
8. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two fortnights.
(d) Two weeks.
9. How does Nyasha feel about the upcoming school exams?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is terrified.
10. How does Tambu feel about Lucia's outburst in the family meeting, at which she promises to leave the homestead, taking Ma'Shingayi with her?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is apathetic.
11. Which of the following male characters compliments Maiguru on how hard she works and tells her that she may go to bed?
(b) Tete Peter.
12. After the holidays, how long will Tambu and Nyasha be separated before the beginning of the next school year?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three days.
(c) They will not be separated.
(d) Three weeks.
13. Despite having a latrine, where does Tambu go to the bathroom?
(a) In the bushes.
(b) She travels to the only flush toilet in town, at the library.
(c) In a bedpan.
(d) In the river.
14. During which meal does Nyasha collapse in front of her family?
15. Which of the following characters does NOT object to Tambu accepting a scholarship from the nuns?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
2. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT speak to Babamukuru about Tambu's punishment?
4. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
5. Who curls up next to Nyasha on the night of the fight, sleeping with their arms wrapped around her?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)