|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
(a) It is brand-new.
(b) It has been renovated.
(c) It is filthy.
(d) It is spotless.
2. Where is Tambu's father when the she arrives to visit?
(a) Working in the fields.
(b) He has passed away.
(c) Sick in the hospital.
(d) Shopping in town.
3. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
4. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
(a) To be obedient.
(b) To be respectful.
(c) To be submissive.
(d) To be smart.
5. How does Tambu react to her first school dance?
(a) She enjoys herself fully.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is overwhelmed.
(d) She is bored.
6. What job does Babamukuru find for Lucia?
(a) A maid.
(b) A driver.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A cook.
7. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A fool.
(b) A child.
(c) A coward.
(d) A hero.
8. What does Nyasha do to her father that causes him to go into a blind fury, repeatedly slamming her head into the floor?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She calls him by his first name.
(c) She spits on him.
(d) She punches him.
9. Where is Tambu's mother lying when the family first arrives?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) Near the latrine.
(c) On the kitchen floor.
(d) In the fields.
10. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
(a) A hero.
(b) A monster.
(c) A god.
(d) A man.
11. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is apathetic.
12. During which grade in school do the nuns arrive to give students general examinations?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
13. How long had Lucia been homeless before coming to stay at the homestead?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 11 years.
(c) 21 years.
(d) 19 years.
14. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
(a) He thinks she looks womanly.
(b) He thinks she looks beautiful.
(c) He thinks she looks inappropriate.
(d) He thinks she looks like a clown.
15. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Abusive sons.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
(d) Crop rotation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
2. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
3. How many lashes does Tambu receive on the day of her parents' wedding?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
5. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)