Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
(b) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
(c) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
(d) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
2. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
(a) He thinks she looks womanly.
(b) He thinks she looks beautiful.
(c) He thinks she looks like a clown.
(d) He thinks she looks inappropriate.
3. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
(d) New Year's.
5. What happens when students are "screened out"?
(a) They are kicked out of the school.
(b) They are left to repeat their same grade.
(c) They are sent to a different school in another town.
(d) They are promoted to a higher grade.
6. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is proud.
(c) She is overwhelmed.
(d) She is resentful.
7. How does Tambu feel about Lucia's outburst in the family meeting, at which she promises to leave the homestead, taking Ma'Shingayi with her?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is relieved.
8. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
(a) He is apathetic to it.
(b) He accepts it.
(c) He does not know she is staying there.
(d) He forbids it.
9. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Tambu to her new school with the nuns?
10. What does Babamukuru give to Jeremiah as a wedding gift?
(b) A sack of gold coins.
(c) A cow.
(d) A car.
11. During what month of the year does Tambu return home to the village for the first time?
12. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
13. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
(a) To be submissive.
(b) To be smart.
(c) To be obedient.
(d) To be respectful.
14. How are Ma'Shingayi and Lucia related?
(a) Ma'Shingayi is Lucia's mother.
(b) Lucia is Ma'Shingayi's aunt.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) They are cousins.
15. During which meal does Nyasha collapse in front of her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the fabric purchased for the bridesmaids' dresses?
2. What is the name of the school at which the nuns work?
3. Which of the following topics does Nyasha frequently discuss in her letters to Tambu?
4. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
5. Who is the first person Maiguru stays with after leaving Babamukuru?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)