|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu travel to the nun's school?
(a) By foot.
(b) By plane.
(c) By bus.
(d) By taxi.
2. Where is Tambu's father when the she arrives to visit?
(a) Sick in the hospital.
(b) Working in the fields.
(c) He has passed away.
(d) Shopping in town.
3. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
(a) He thinks she looks inappropriate.
(b) He thinks she looks like a clown.
(c) He thinks she looks womanly.
(d) He thinks she looks beautiful.
4. Where is the school dance held?
(a) Columbus Hall.
(b) Faruk Hall.
(c) Washington Hall.
(d) Beit Hall.
5. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
(a) Because she is the headmaster's daughter.
(b) Because she comes from a wealthy family.
(c) Because she is the smartest in the class.
(d) Because she is well-traveled and well-respected.
6. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is resentful.
(d) She is overwhelmed.
7. Which of the following topics does Nyasha frequently discuss in her letters to Tambu?
(a) Her diet.
(b) Her chores.
(c) Her grades.
(d) Her crushes.
8. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
9. On what type of bed does Tambu's mother sleep?
(a) A reed mat.
(b) A featherbed.
(c) A dirt floor.
(d) A bamboo mat.
10. Which of the following food items turns green when it cannot be refrigerated, but is still served to guests?
11. Who makes the final decision to kick Lucia off the homestead?
12. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
(a) Being a witch.
(b) Lying about her pregnancy.
(d) Abusing the children.
13. What is the name of the man Lucia arrived at the homestead with?
14. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
(d) New Year's.
15. Despite having a latrine, where does Tambu go to the bathroom?
(a) In the river.
(b) In a bedpan.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) She travels to the only flush toilet in town, at the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person Maiguru stays with after leaving Babamukuru?
2. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
3. Who is put in charge of purchasing material for the dresses to be used in Jeremiah and Ma'Shingayi's wedding?
4. What is the name of Tambu's youngest brother?
5. What is the name of the boy who teaches Nyasha new dance steps?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)