|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the fabric purchased for the bridesmaids' dresses?
2. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
(a) An oncologist.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) A medicine man.
3. Which of the following women is the eldest in Tambu's family?
(c) Tete Gladys.
4. What aspect of the nuns makes Tambu's family nervous?
(a) They are rich.
(b) They are rude.
(c) They are Catholic.
(d) They are white.
5. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A child.
(b) A fool.
(c) A hero.
(d) A coward.
6. Which of the following characters is NOT blamed by Babamukuru for Nyasha's wild ways?
7. Who makes the final decision to kick Lucia off the homestead?
8. Which of the following is NOT a reason Lucia gives as to why she must stay on the homestead?
(a) She was invited to stay.
(b) The homestead is her family.
(c) She is too poor to leave.
(d) She has nowhere else to go.
9. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
(a) Because she is well-traveled and well-respected.
(b) Because she comes from a wealthy family.
(c) Because she is the smartest in the class.
(d) Because she is the headmaster's daughter.
10. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
(a) To be smart.
(b) To be respectful.
(c) To be obedient.
(d) To be submissive.
11. Who curls up next to Nyasha on the night of the fight, sleeping with their arms wrapped around her?
12. Where is Tambu's mother lying when the family first arrives?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) On the kitchen floor.
(c) Near the latrine.
(d) In the fields.
13. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
(a) He is apathetic to it.
(b) He forbids it.
(c) He does not know she is staying there.
(d) He accepts it.
14. Whom does Babamukuru compliment for the work done on the homestead while he was away?
15. Which of the following characters stays behind after the holidays to care for Ma'Shingayi?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
2. Which of the following male characters compliments Maiguru on how hard she works and tells her that she may go to bed?
3. Which of the following is NOT a purchase Maiguru makes at the general store for Tambu to take with her to her new school?
4. After the holidays, how long will Tambu and Nyasha be separated before the beginning of the next school year?
5. How does Tambu's father, Jeremiah, feel about Tambu winning a scholarship?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)