|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nyasha do to her father that causes him to go into a blind fury, repeatedly slamming her head into the floor?
(a) She spits on him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She calls him by his first name.
(d) She punches him.
2. On what type of bed does Tambu's mother sleep?
(a) A dirt floor.
(b) A reed mat.
(c) A featherbed.
(d) A bamboo mat.
3. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT blamed by Babamukuru for Nyasha's wild ways?
5. How are Ma'Shingayi and Lucia related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) Lucia is Ma'Shingayi's aunt.
(c) They are sisters.
(d) Ma'Shingayi is Lucia's mother.
6. Whom does Babamukuru compliment for the work done on the homestead while he was away?
7. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
(d) New Year's.
8. What is the name of the school at which the nuns work?
(a) Saint Paul.
(b) Sacred Heart.
(c) Immaculate Conception.
(d) Our Lady of Sorrows.
9. Where is the school dance held?
(a) Washington Hall.
(b) Beit Hall.
(c) Columbus Hall.
(d) Faruk Hall.
10. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
(a) Because she is the headmaster's daughter.
(b) Because she is well-traveled and well-respected.
(c) Because she is the smartest in the class.
(d) Because she comes from a wealthy family.
11. During what month of the year does Tambu return home to the village for the first time?
12. After the holidays, how long will Tambu and Nyasha be separated before the beginning of the next school year?
(a) Three months.
(b) They will not be separated.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
13. What part of Nyasha's recent behavior at exam times worries Maiguru?
(a) She is becoming withdrawn.
(b) She is becoming obsessive.
(c) She is becoming disruptive.
(d) She is becoming apathetic.
14. Which of the following characters does NOT speak to Babamukuru about Tambu's punishment?
15. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A surgeon.
(c) A medicine man.
(d) An oncologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
2. How many friends does Nyasha have at school?
3. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
4. What job does Babamukuru find for Lucia?
5. Which of the following students scores the highest on the end-of-term exams?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)