|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the school at which the nuns work?
(a) Our Lady of Sorrows.
(b) Saint Paul.
(c) Immaculate Conception.
(d) Sacred Heart.
2. How does Babamukuru react to the dress Nyasha wears for the dance?
(a) He thinks she looks beautiful.
(b) He thinks she looks inappropriate.
(c) He thinks she looks like a clown.
(d) He thinks she looks womanly.
3. What aspect of the nuns makes Tambu's family nervous?
(a) They are rich.
(b) They are Catholic.
(c) They are white.
(d) They are rude.
4. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
(a) It has been renovated.
(b) It is spotless.
(c) It is filthy.
(d) It is brand-new.
5. How many people arrive at the homestead to celebrate Babamukuru's arrival?
6. What part of Nyasha's recent behavior at exam times worries Maiguru?
(a) She is becoming apathetic.
(b) She is becoming obsessive.
(c) She is becoming withdrawn.
(d) She is becoming disruptive.
7. During which meal does Nyasha collapse in front of her family?
8. How does Tambu's father, Jeremiah, feel about Tambu winning a scholarship?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is suspicious.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He is outraged.
9. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
(b) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
(c) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
(d) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
10. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
(a) She is proud.
(b) She is resentful.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is overwhelmed.
11. Where is Tambu's mother lying when the family first arrives?
(a) Near the latrine.
(b) On the kitchen floor.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the fields.
12. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
(a) He does not know she is staying there.
(b) He forbids it.
(c) He accepts it.
(d) He is apathetic to it.
13. When Ma'Shingayi gives birth, what does she have?
(a) Twin sons.
(b) A son.
(c) A daughter.
(d) Twins -- one boy and one girl.
14. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A hero.
(b) A coward.
(c) A child.
(d) A fool.
15. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
2. Who is put in charge of purchasing material for the dresses to be used in Jeremiah and Ma'Shingayi's wedding?
3. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
4. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Tambu to her new school with the nuns?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)