|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
(b) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
(c) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
(d) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
2. Where is Tambu's mother lying when the family first arrives?
(a) In the fields.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) Near the latrine.
(d) On the kitchen floor.
3. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A fool.
(b) A child.
(c) A coward.
(d) A hero.
4. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
5. How does Tambu react to her first school dance?
(a) She enjoys herself fully.
(b) She is overwhelmed.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She is confused.
6. Which of the following characters does NOT speak to Babamukuru about Tambu's punishment?
7. What is the first doctor Nyasha's parents take her to see?
(a) A medicine man.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A surgeon.
(d) An oncologist.
8. Which of the following is the same about Ma'Shingayi and Lucia at the time when Tambu comes to visit?
(a) They are both pregnant.
(b) They are both trying to divorce their husbands.
(c) They are both gravely ill.
(d) They are both learning to sew.
9. How many people arrive at the homestead to celebrate Babamukuru's arrival?
10. Who makes the final decision to kick Lucia off the homestead?
11. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
(a) It is spotless.
(b) It has been renovated.
(c) It is filthy.
(d) It is brand-new.
12. Who forbids Nyasha from coming to visit Tambu at school?
(c) The nuns.
13. Who is the first person Maiguru stays with after leaving Babamukuru?
(a) Tete Gladys.
(b) Her brother.
14. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
(c) New Year's.
15. What is Babamukuru's only expense at Tambu's new school?
(a) Her tuition.
(b) Her lodging.
(c) Her uniform.
(d) Her books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
2. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
3. What is the name of the boy who teaches Nyasha new dance steps?
4. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT blamed by Babamukuru for Nyasha's wild ways?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)