|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite having a latrine, where does Tambu go to the bathroom?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the bushes.
(c) She travels to the only flush toilet in town, at the library.
(d) In a bedpan.
2. What does Lucia threaten to do to Ma'Shingayi's baby if she doesn't get out of bed?
(a) Drown him.
(b) Poison him.
(c) Stab him.
(d) Bury him.
3. Which of the following characters does NOT accompany Tambu to her new school with the nuns?
4. How does Babamukuru react to his daughter's end-of-term exam scores?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. How many lashes does Tambu receive on the day of her parents' wedding?
6. How many scholarships do the nuns offer to the students at the missionary school?
7. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
(a) Because she is the smartest in the class.
(b) Because she is well-traveled and well-respected.
(c) Because she comes from a wealthy family.
(d) Because she is the headmaster's daughter.
8. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
9. After the wedding, how long is Anna given off so Tambu can complete the household chores?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two fortnights.
10. During which grade in school do the nuns arrive to give students general examinations?
(a) Eighth grade.
(b) Fifth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Seventh grade.
11. Where is Tambu's father when the she arrives to visit?
(a) Working in the fields.
(b) Sick in the hospital.
(c) He has passed away.
(d) Shopping in town.
12. What does Babamukuru give to Jeremiah as a wedding gift?
(a) A sack of gold coins.
(b) A cow.
(d) A car.
13. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
(a) New Year's.
14. Which of the following is NOT a reason Lucia gives as to why she must stay on the homestead?
(a) She was invited to stay.
(b) The homestead is her family.
(c) She has nowhere else to go.
(d) She is too poor to leave.
15. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Abusive sons.
(c) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
(d) Crop rotation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forbids Nyasha from coming to visit Tambu at school?
2. What is the name of the school at which the nuns work?
3. What job does Babamukuru find for Lucia?
4. Where is Tambu's mother lying when the family first arrives?
5. Which of the following is the same about Ma'Shingayi and Lucia at the time when Tambu comes to visit?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)