|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Abusive sons.
(b) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
(c) Crop rotation.
(d) Lack of money.
2. What is the name of the man Lucia arrived at the homestead with?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT speak to Babamukuru about Tambu's punishment?
4. How does Tambu's father, Jeremiah, feel about Tambu winning a scholarship?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is suspicious.
(d) He is proud.
5. How does Tambu travel to the nun's school?
(a) By bus.
(b) By plane.
(c) By taxi.
(d) By foot.
6. Which of the following characters begs Babamukuru to spare Nyasha and kill them instead?
7. How many friends does Nyasha have at school?
8. Who is put in charge of purchasing material for the dresses to be used in Jeremiah and Ma'Shingayi's wedding?
9. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
10. With which of the following disorders does Nyasha struggle?
11. How many lashes does Tambu receive on the day of her parents' wedding?
12. Which of the following students claims that studying for the exams is "the first time I've done something that matters"?
13. What does Chido call Nyasha for refusing to back down to Babamukuru's anger?
(a) A hero.
(b) A fool.
(c) A child.
(d) A coward.
14. How does Nyasha feel about the upcoming school exams?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She is terrified.
15. How does Babamukuru feel about Lucia staying on the homestead?
(a) He accepts it.
(b) He is apathetic to it.
(c) He does not know she is staying there.
(d) He forbids it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tambu's father when the she arrives to visit?
2. What does Lucia threaten to do to Ma'Shingayi's baby if she doesn't get out of bed?
3. Which of the following male characters compliments Maiguru on how hard she works and tells her that she may go to bed?
4. How does Tambu feel about Lucia's outburst in the family meeting, at which she promises to leave the homestead, taking Ma'Shingayi with her?
5. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)