|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
2. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
3. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
4. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
(a) Men and Women.
(b) Blacks and Whites.
(c) Adults and Children.
(d) There is no segregation at the swimming holes.
5. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(b) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(c) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(d) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
6. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
(b) She does not greet Tambu.
7. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
(a) Get married.
(b) Send money to her family.
(c) Return to the village.
(d) Get a job.
8. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A light switch.
(b) A toilet flush.
(c) A dishwasher.
(d) A water filter.
9. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be shocked.
(b) She forces herself to be confused.
(c) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
(d) She forces herself to be appreciative.
10. What language does Chido speak?
11. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
12. How does Tambu feel about herself when she sees herself in the mirror on the first day of school?
(a) She thinks she still looks poor.
(b) She thinks she looks ugly.
(c) She thinks she looks pretty.
(d) She thinks she looks rich.
13. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Spilled milk.
(c) A puppy's antics.
(d) A porcelain doll.
14. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
15. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too fearful.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is too young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
2. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
3. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
4. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
5. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)