|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(a) Raise a baby.
(b) Tend a garden.
2. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
3. What language does Chido speak?
4. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Get to her studies.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Return to the village.
(d) Make new friends.
5. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
(b) She forces herself to be confused.
(c) She forces herself to be shocked.
(d) She forces herself to be appreciative.
6. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
7. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
8. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is too fearful.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too old.
9. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
10. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
(a) Nyasha is afraid of the maid's anger.
(b) Nyasha completely ignores the maid.
(c) Nyasha admires the maid's hard work.
(d) Nyasha finds the maid annoying.
11. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
12. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
13. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is confused.
14. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
(a) Her brother fobids it.
(b) Tambu does not want to attend school.
(c) Her family does not have enough money.
(d) The school does not accept female students.
15. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
2. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
3. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
4. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
5. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)