|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A dishwasher.
(b) A water filter.
(c) A toilet flush.
(d) A light switch.
2. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
(a) Cocktail gown.
3. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
(a) She thinks Netsai is gorgeous woman.
(b) She thinks Netsai is a fierce competiter.
(c) She thinks Netsai is an annoying child.
(d) She thinks Netsai is a good worker.
4. What does Tambu's mother think is the most important thing a woman must learn to carry?
(a) Her worries.
(b) Her babies.
(c) Her fears.
(d) Her burderns.
5. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
(a) Tambu does not want to attend school.
(b) Her family does not have enough money.
(c) The school does not accept female students.
(d) Her brother fobids it.
6. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be shocked.
(b) She forces herself to be confused.
(c) She forces herself to be appreciative.
(d) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
7. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
(a) Babamukuru's house.
(b) The parochial school.
(d) His childhood village.
8. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
(a) Babamukuru serves the rest of the family, thus controlling their portions.
(b) Babamukuru is always served first.
(c) The food is kept on warmers until Babamukuru is ready to eat.
(d) Babamukuru dictates the menu.
9. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(c) Small pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
10. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is offended.
(d) He is confused.
11. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
12. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is a girl.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because she is unintelligent.
(d) Because she is too smart.
13. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
(a) A puppy's antics.
(b) Spilled milk.
(c) A porcelain doll.
(d) Eye contact.
14. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She refuses to let him in.
(d) She spits at him.
15. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
(a) Whatever food makes her happy.
(b) Whatever food is served to her.
(c) Whatever food makes her forget her home.
(d) Whatever food the family eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
2. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
3. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
4. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
5. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)