|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(b) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(c) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(d) Nhamo is older than Tambu
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) She does not appreciate her economic status.
(b) She does not respect her parents.
(c) She has no manners.
(d) She does not like school.
3. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
(b) Another village boy.
4. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
5. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
6. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small pox.
7. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
8. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The Master.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The King.
(d) The Lord.
9. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
(a) The food is kept on warmers until Babamukuru is ready to eat.
(b) Babamukuru dictates the menu.
(c) Babamukuru serves the rest of the family, thus controlling their portions.
(d) Babamukuru is always served first.
10. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
11. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
(a) Whatever food is served to her.
(b) Whatever food makes her forget her home.
(c) Whatever food the family eats.
(d) Whatever food makes her happy.
12. What does Tambu's mother think is the most important thing a woman must learn to carry?
(a) Her worries.
(b) Her burderns.
(c) Her fears.
(d) Her babies.
13. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(b) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(d) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
14. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
(a) By car.
(b) By carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) By helicopter.
15. Which of the following beverages does Tambu regularly drink with Maiguru?
(a) Rice wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nyasha believe that her parents feel for her?
2. How does Tambu feel about the way Nyasha speaks to Maiguru?
3. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
4. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
5. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)