|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu feel when she is forced to interact with the village women in the kitchen?
(a) She is confident.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
2. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
(a) The street market.
(b) The schools.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The boat dock.
3. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
4. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
(a) That she has hated Tambu since she was born.
(b) That she does not hate Tambu and never did.
(c) That she is beginning to hate Tambu for her conservative ways.
(d) That she hated Tambu when she first moved in.
5. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
6. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
(b) She does not greet Tambu.
7. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
8. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The pantry.
(d) The bedroom.
9. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
10. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
(a) She thinks Netsai is an annoying child.
(b) She thinks Netsai is a good worker.
(c) She thinks Netsai is gorgeous woman.
(d) She thinks Netsai is a fierce competiter.
11. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
12. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is a girl.
(b) Because she is unintelligent.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she is too smart.
13. Which of the following terms does Tambu use to describe Babamukuru's home?
14. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
15. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(b) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(c) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(d) Nhamo is older than Tambu
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about the way Nyasha speaks to Maiguru?
2. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
4. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
5. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)