Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
(a) Wash their clothes.
(b) Wash their faces.
(c) Wash their feet.
(d) Wash their hands.
2. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(b) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(c) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(d) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
3. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The King.
(b) The Master.
(c) The Lord.
(d) The Prince.
4. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He does not attend school.
(b) He is an average student.
(c) He excels at school.
(d) He performs poorly in school.
5. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
6. How does Tambu feel about the way Nyasha speaks to Maiguru?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is enthralled.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is apathetic.
7. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(b) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
(c) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
(d) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
8. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too young.
(b) She is too old.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She is too fearful.
9. What has Babamukuru taken away from Nyasha, causing an uproar at the dinner table?
(a) Her diary.
(b) Her dessert.
(c) Her book.
(d) Her telephone.
10. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
(a) A puppy's antics.
(b) Eye contact.
(c) Spilled milk.
(d) A porcelain doll.
11. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
(a) For one day.
(b) For one month.
(c) For one week.
(d) For one year.
12. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
13. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
(a) Tambu fears her.
(b) Tambu does not know her.
(c) Tambu admires her.
(d) Tambu hates her.
14. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their economic statuses.
(b) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(c) Because of their age difference.
(d) Because of their language barrier.
15. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
(b) Cocktail gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
2. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
3. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
4. When thinking about her education, what does Nyasha wish?
5. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)