|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
(c) Cocktail gown.
2. Where does Tambu's mother work?
(a) In a school.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a garden.
(d) In a nursery.
3. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) Returning home to Africa was a shock.
(b) That she can no longer speak Shona.
(c) She had forgotten that Africa was her home.
(d) That she thinks the African people are savages.
4. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be shocked.
(b) She forces herself to be appreciative.
(c) She forces herself to be confused.
(d) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
5. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their age difference.
(b) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(c) Because of their economic statuses.
(d) Because of their language barrier.
6. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
(a) That she has hated Tambu since she was born.
(b) That she does not hate Tambu and never did.
(c) That she is beginning to hate Tambu for her conservative ways.
(d) That she hated Tambu when she first moved in.
7. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
8. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
(a) Missionary school.
(b) Montessori school.
(c) Elementary school.
(d) Boarding school.
9. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A dishwasher.
(b) A water filter.
(c) A toilet flush.
(d) A light switch.
10. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
11. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
(a) He enjoys the walk.
(b) He is confused by the walk.
(c) He is terrified of the walk.
(d) He hates the walk.
12. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
13. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(b) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(c) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(d) Nhamo is older than Tambu
14. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
(a) To be grateful for this opportunity.
(b) To respect Babamukuru.
(c) To help provide for her family.
(d) To study dilligently.
15. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
(a) The parochial school.
(c) Babamukuru's house.
(d) His childhood village.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
2. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
3. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
4. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
5. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)