|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
2. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(a) Raise a baby.
(d) Tend a garden.
3. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is too smart.
(b) Because she is too young.
(c) Because she is a girl.
(d) Because she is unintelligent.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) She does not respect her parents.
(b) She does not like school.
(c) She has no manners.
(d) She does not appreciate her economic status.
5. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
6. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
7. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
8. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
9. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
10. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
(a) For one week.
(b) For one year.
(c) For one day.
(d) For one month.
11. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
12. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She has four children.
(b) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
(c) She is well-educated.
(d) She has a personal driver.
13. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
(a) The street market.
(b) The schools.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The boat dock.
14. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
15. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
(a) Elementary school.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Montessori school.
(d) Missionary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
2. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
4. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
5. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)