|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
2. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
3. In which of the following secret activities does Nyasha participate?
4. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
(a) That she does not hate Tambu and never did.
(b) That she hated Tambu when she first moved in.
(c) That she is beginning to hate Tambu for her conservative ways.
(d) That she has hated Tambu since she was born.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
6. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She is well-educated.
(b) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
(c) She has four children.
(d) She has a personal driver.
7. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
8. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
(a) There is no segregation at the swimming holes.
(b) Men and Women.
(c) Blacks and Whites.
(d) Adults and Children.
9. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
10. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A dishwasher.
(b) A light switch.
(c) A toilet flush.
(d) A water filter.
11. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
(a) For one year.
(b) For one day.
(c) For one month.
(d) For one week.
12. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
(c) United States.
13. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
14. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By car.
(c) On foot.
(d) By helicopter.
15. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
2. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
3. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
4. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
5. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)