|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
(a) By helicopter.
(b) By carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) By car.
2. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The Master.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The King.
3. When thinking about her education, what does Nyasha wish?
(a) That she had been allowed to stay in England.
(b) That she had never been sent to school.
(c) That she could stay in school forever.
(d) That she had never been sent to England.
4. How does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle's house for the first time?
(a) She feels bored.
(b) She feels excited.
(c) She feels terrified.
(d) She feels embarrassed.
5. What part about Babamukuru's eating habits worries Tambu?
(a) That he eats too infrequently.
(b) That he eats too frequently.
(c) That he eats too late.
(d) That he eats too early.
6. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Return to the village.
(b) Make new friends.
(c) Get to her studies.
(d) Go to church.
7. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
8. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
9. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
(a) Tambu fears her.
(b) Tambu does not know her.
(c) Tambu hates her.
(d) Tambu admires her.
10. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The pantry.
11. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
12. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
13. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
(c) She does not greet Tambu.
14. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A toilet flush.
(b) A light switch.
(c) A dishwasher.
(d) A water filter.
15. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
2. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
3. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
4. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
5. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)