|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
(a) That she has hated Tambu since she was born.
(b) That she is beginning to hate Tambu for her conservative ways.
(c) That she hated Tambu when she first moved in.
(d) That she does not hate Tambu and never did.
2. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
(a) Send money to her family.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Return to the village.
(d) Get married.
3. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
(a) She thinks Netsai is a fierce competiter.
(b) She thinks Netsai is a good worker.
(c) She thinks Netsai is an annoying child.
(d) She thinks Netsai is gorgeous woman.
4. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
(b) Another village boy.
5. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
6. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(b) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(c) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(d) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
7. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
8. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
9. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Get to her studies.
(b) Return to the village.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Make new friends.
10. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
(a) United States.
11. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
(a) Montessori school.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Missionary school.
(d) Elementary school.
12. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
(a) They chide her.
(b) They praise her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are confused by her.
13. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two weeks.
14. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
15. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
2. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
3. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
4. What part about Babamukuru's eating habits worries Tambu?
5. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)