|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
(a) Nyasha is afraid of the maid's anger.
(b) Nyasha admires the maid's hard work.
(c) Nyasha completely ignores the maid.
(d) Nyasha finds the maid annoying.
2. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
3. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
(a) Tambu admires her.
(b) Tambu fears her.
(c) Tambu hates her.
(d) Tambu does not know her.
4. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(b) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
(d) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
5. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
6. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
(a) That she hated Tambu when she first moved in.
(b) That she does not hate Tambu and never did.
(c) That she is beginning to hate Tambu for her conservative ways.
(d) That she has hated Tambu since she was born.
7. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
8. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
(a) Whatever food makes her forget her home.
(b) Whatever food makes her happy.
(c) Whatever food is served to her.
(d) Whatever food the family eats.
9. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
(a) The pantry.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The bedroom.
10. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too fearful.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too old.
(d) She is too tired.
11. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
(c) Cocktail gown.
12. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is offended.
(d) He is impressed.
13. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
14. What does Nyasha believe that her parents feel for her?
15. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
2. How does Tambu feel when she enters her uncle's house for the first time?
3. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
4. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
5. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)