|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
2. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two hours.
3. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
4. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
5. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
(a) On foot.
(b) By helicopter.
(c) By carriage.
(d) By car.
6. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A fork.
(b) A set of chopsticks.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spoon.
7. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She spits at him.
(c) She hugs him.
(d) She refuses to let him in.
8. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
(b) Tambu has her own bedroom.
9. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is confused.
10. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
(a) Her new school clothes.
(b) Her new school notebooks.
(c) Her new bedroom set.
(d) Her new car.
11. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Get to her studies.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Return to the village.
(d) Make new friends.
12. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
13. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
(a) Wash their feet.
(b) Wash their faces.
(c) Wash their clothes.
(d) Wash their hands.
14. Which of the following characters does Tambu liken to God?
(c) Mr. Matimba.
15. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part about Babamukuru's eating habits worries Tambu?
2. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
3. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
4. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
5. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)