|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
(a) Babamukuru is always served first.
(b) Babamukuru serves the rest of the family, thus controlling their portions.
(c) The food is kept on warmers until Babamukuru is ready to eat.
(d) Babamukuru dictates the menu.
2. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
3. Which of the following food items aren't the children allowed to eat at the dinner party?
4. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is offended.
(b) He is impressed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
(a) He is terrified of the walk.
(b) He hates the walk.
(c) He enjoys the walk.
(d) He is confused by the walk.
6. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A fork.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A knife.
(d) A set of chopsticks.
7. What language does Chido speak?
8. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Get to her studies.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Make new friends.
(d) Return to the village.
9. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
10. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
(a) Whatever food makes her forget her home.
(b) Whatever food makes her happy.
(c) Whatever food the family eats.
(d) Whatever food is served to her.
11. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
12. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
(a) From tallest to shortest.
(b) From most to least important.
(c) From wealthiest to richest.
(d) From oldest to youngest.
13. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
14. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(b) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(c) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(d) Nhamo is older than Tambu
15. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
(a) The bus station.
(b) The boat dock.
(c) The street market.
(d) The schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
2. What has Babamukuru taken away from Nyasha, causing an uproar at the dinner table?
3. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
4. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
5. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)