|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
(a) The school does not accept female students.
(b) Her family does not have enough money.
(c) Her brother fobids it.
(d) Tambu does not want to attend school.
2. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
3. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
(a) Babamukuru's house.
(b) The parochial school.
(d) His childhood village.
4. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The Master.
(b) The King.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Lord.
5. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
6. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She is too fearful.
7. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He is an average student.
(b) He performs poorly in school.
(c) He does not attend school.
(d) He excels at school.
8. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
(a) Blacks and Whites.
(b) Men and Women.
(c) Adults and Children.
(d) There is no segregation at the swimming holes.
9. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
10. Which of the following characters does Tambu describe as "intangible"?
11. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
(c) Her family.
12. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) She has no manners.
(b) She does not like school.
(c) She does not respect her parents.
(d) She does not appreciate her economic status.
13. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
14. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
15. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
2. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
3. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
4. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
5. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)