|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
(a) He is terrified of the walk.
(b) He hates the walk.
(c) He enjoys the walk.
(d) He is confused by the walk.
2. In which of the following secret activities does Nyasha participate?
3. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
(a) Her new school notebooks.
(b) Her new car.
(c) Her new bedroom set.
(d) Her new school clothes.
4. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
5. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A set of chopsticks.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fork.
(d) A spoon.
6. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
(a) She thinks Netsai is a fierce competiter.
(b) She thinks Netsai is an annoying child.
(c) She thinks Netsai is a good worker.
(d) She thinks Netsai is gorgeous woman.
7. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
8. Which of the following characters does Tambu liken to God?
(d) Mr. Matimba.
9. Who is Netsai in relation to Tambu?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her cousin.
10. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A wife.
11. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
12. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their language barrier.
(b) Because of their economic statuses.
(c) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(d) Because of their age difference.
13. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
(a) Tambu fears her.
(b) Tambu admires her.
(c) Tambu hates her.
(d) Tambu does not know her.
14. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(b) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(c) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(d) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
15. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The Master.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The King.
(d) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
2. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
3. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
4. Which of the following beverages does Tambu regularly drink with Maiguru?
5. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)