|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
(a) Wash their feet.
(b) Wash their faces.
(c) Wash their hands.
(d) Wash their clothes.
2. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
(a) Her new school notebooks.
(b) Her new car.
(c) Her new bedroom set.
(d) Her new school clothes.
3. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
(a) Whatever food the family eats.
(b) Whatever food makes her forget her home.
(c) Whatever food is served to her.
(d) Whatever food makes her happy.
4. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
5. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is too smart.
(b) Because she is unintelligent.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she is a girl.
6. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She has a personal driver.
(b) She has four children.
(c) She is well-educated.
(d) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
7. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
(a) The school does not accept female students.
(b) Tambu does not want to attend school.
(c) Her family does not have enough money.
(d) Her brother fobids it.
8. What part about her uncle makes Tambu the most uncomfortable?
(a) His religion.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His appearance.
9. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
10. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
11. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
(b) The parochial school.
(c) Babamukuru's house.
(d) His childhood village.
12. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
13. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
14. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(b) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(c) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
(d) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
15. Where does Tambu's mother work?
(a) In a nursery.
(b) In a garden.
(c) In a school.
(d) In an office.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tambu feel when she is forced to interact with the village women in the kitchen?
2. What has Babamukuru taken away from Nyasha, causing an uproar at the dinner table?
3. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
4. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
5. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)