|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
2. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is offended.
(d) He is confused.
3. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She is too fearful.
4. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
(b) The parochial school.
(c) Babamukuru's house.
(d) His childhood village.
5. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
6. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
7. What year does Nhamo die?
8. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
(a) Wash their faces.
(b) Wash their clothes.
(c) Wash their feet.
(d) Wash their hands.
9. How does Tambu feel about the way Nyasha speaks to Maiguru?
(a) She is apathetic.
(b) She is embarrassed.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is enthralled.
10. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is too young.
(b) Because she is unintelligent.
(c) Because she is too smart.
(d) Because she is a girl.
11. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
(c) Another village boy.
12. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
(a) Tambu admires her.
(b) Tambu fears her.
(c) Tambu hates her.
(d) Tambu does not know her.
13. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
(a) By car.
(b) By carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) By helicopter.
14. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He does not attend school.
(b) He performs poorly in school.
(c) He is an average student.
(d) He excels at school.
15. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
(a) That she does not hate Tambu and never did.
(b) That she has hated Tambu since she was born.
(c) That she is beginning to hate Tambu for her conservative ways.
(d) That she hated Tambu when she first moved in.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
2. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
3. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
4. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
5. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)