|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(b) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(d) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
2. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
(a) The street market.
(b) The boat dock.
(c) The schools.
(d) The bus station.
3. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By car.
(c) By helicopter.
(d) On foot.
4. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
(a) Babamukuru serves the rest of the family, thus controlling their portions.
(b) The food is kept on warmers until Babamukuru is ready to eat.
(c) Babamukuru is always served first.
(d) Babamukuru dictates the menu.
5. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
(a) Missionary school.
(b) Boarding school.
(c) Elementary school.
(d) Montessori school.
6. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
7. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
8. What language does Chido speak?
9. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
10. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their economic statuses.
(b) Because of their age difference.
(c) Because of their language barrier.
(d) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
11. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The pantry.
(d) The kitchen.
12. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
13. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
14. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
(a) Her new bedroom set.
(b) Her new car.
(c) Her new school notebooks.
(d) Her new school clothes.
15. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
2. In which of the following secret activities does Nyasha participate?
3. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
4. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
5. Which of the following activities has Babamukuru forbidden while he is visiting?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)