|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tambu's mother think is the most important thing a woman must learn to carry?
(a) Her burderns.
(b) Her babies.
(c) Her worries.
(d) Her fears.
2. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Return to the village.
(c) Send money to her family.
(d) Get married.
3. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
4. Which of the following bits of advice is NOT given to Tambu during her formal welcoming speech?
(a) To respect Babamukuru.
(b) To study dilligently.
(c) To be grateful for this opportunity.
(d) To help provide for her family.
5. In what country did Nyasha attend school?
(c) United States.
6. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
7. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
8. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too fearful.
(d) She is too tired.
9. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
10. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A set of chopsticks.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A fork.
11. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
12. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
(a) Wash their hands.
(b) Wash their clothes.
(c) Wash their faces.
(d) Wash their feet.
13. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
(a) Whatever food makes her happy.
(b) Whatever food makes her forget her home.
(c) Whatever food the family eats.
(d) Whatever food is served to her.
14. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
15. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
2. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
3. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
4. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
5. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)