|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
2. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
3. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
(a) Nyasha completely ignores the maid.
(b) Nyasha finds the maid annoying.
(c) Nyasha admires the maid's hard work.
(d) Nyasha is afraid of the maid's anger.
4. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
5. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A set of chopsticks.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A fork.
6. Where does Tambu's mother work?
(a) In a garden.
(b) In a school.
(c) In an office.
(d) In a nursery.
7. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
8. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
(a) For one month.
(b) For one year.
(c) For one day.
(d) For one week.
9. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
10. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
(a) Cocktail gown.
11. How does Tambu feel about herself when she sees herself in the mirror on the first day of school?
(a) She thinks she still looks poor.
(b) She thinks she looks ugly.
(c) She thinks she looks pretty.
(d) She thinks she looks rich.
12. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
(a) Spilled milk.
(b) A porcelain doll.
(c) Eye contact.
(d) A puppy's antics.
13. Which of the following terms does Tambu use to describe Babamukuru's home?
14. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
(a) She hugs him.
(b) She spits at him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She refuses to let him in.
15. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
2. What part about Babamukuru's eating habits worries Tambu?
3. After the formal welcoming speech, how does Tambu feel about her cousin, Nyasha?
4. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
5. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)