|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following food items aren't the children allowed to eat at the dinner party?
2. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) That she thinks the African people are savages.
(b) That she can no longer speak Shona.
(c) Returning home to Africa was a shock.
(d) She had forgotten that Africa was her home.
3. What part about her uncle makes Tambu the most uncomfortable?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His attitude.
(c) His religion.
(d) His appearance.
4. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
(d) Tambu has her own bedroom.
5. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(c) Scarlet fever.
(d) Small pox.
6. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
(a) Her family does not have enough money.
(b) The school does not accept female students.
(c) Her brother fobids it.
(d) Tambu does not want to attend school.
7. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
8. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
9. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
10. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
11. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
(d) Cocktail gown.
12. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) She does not appreciate her economic status.
(b) She does not like school.
(c) She has no manners.
(d) She does not respect her parents.
13. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
(b) She forces herself to be confused.
(c) She forces herself to be appreciative.
(d) She forces herself to be shocked.
14. What is the name of Babamukuru's maid?
15. Which of the following rooms of the home is particularly difficult for Tambu to navigate when she first moves to Babamukuru's
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The pantry.
(d) The bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
2. Which of the following activities has Babamukuru forbidden while he is visiting?
3. Which of the following beverages does Tambu regularly drink with Maiguru?
4. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
5. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)