|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
(a) She does not greet Tambu.
2. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
(a) The King.
(b) The Lord.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The Master.
3. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She has four children.
(b) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
(c) She has a personal driver.
(d) She is well-educated.
4. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(b) Because of their economic statuses.
(c) Because of their language barrier.
(d) Because of their age difference.
5. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is offended.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is impressed.
6. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(b) Small pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
7. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
8. How does Tambu feel about Babamukuru's wife?
(a) Tambu fears her.
(b) Tambu admires her.
(c) Tambu does not know her.
(d) Tambu hates her.
9. Who is the first relative to be served at Tambu's dinner party?
10. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He excels at school.
(b) He performs poorly in school.
(c) He does not attend school.
(d) He is an average student.
11. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
12. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
(a) Her brother fobids it.
(b) Tambu does not want to attend school.
(c) The school does not accept female students.
(d) Her family does not have enough money.
13. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
14. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Make new friends.
(b) Return to the village.
(c) Get to her studies.
(d) Go to church.
15. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fork.
(d) A set of chopsticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part about her uncle makes Tambu the most uncomfortable?
2. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
3. What part about Babamukuru's eating habits worries Tambu?
4. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
5. To which of the following places does Tambu compare Babamukur's home?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)