|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(b) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(d) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
2. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be shocked.
(b) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
(c) She forces herself to be appreciative.
(d) She forces herself to be confused.
3. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He excels at school.
(b) He does not attend school.
(c) He is an average student.
(d) He performs poorly in school.
4. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Make new friends.
(b) Get to her studies.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Return to the village.
5. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She has a personal driver.
(b) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
(c) She has four children.
(d) She is well-educated.
6. Which of the following purchases brings confused tears to Tambu's eyes?
(a) Her new bedroom set.
(b) Her new school clothes.
(c) Her new car.
(d) Her new school notebooks.
7. What color is the dirt surrounding Babamukuru's home?
8. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
9. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is too young.
(b) Because she is a girl.
(c) Because she is too smart.
(d) Because she is unintelligent.
10. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
(a) They are confused by her.
(b) They praise her.
(c) They chide her.
(d) They ignore her.
11. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
12. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
(c) Small pox.
(d) Scarlet fever.
13. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
(a) Her family.
14. What part about Babamukuru's eating habits worries Tambu?
(a) That he eats too frequently.
(b) That he eats too late.
(c) That he eats too early.
(d) That he eats too infrequently.
15. How does Tambu feel when she is forced to interact with the village women in the kitchen?
(a) She is confident.
(b) She is nervous.
(c) She is apathetic.
(d) She is confused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Babamukuru's wife?
2. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
3. Which of the following food items does Tambu's mother sell in town?
4. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
5. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)