|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about herself when she sees herself in the mirror on the first day of school?
(a) She thinks she looks ugly.
(b) She thinks she still looks poor.
(c) She thinks she looks rich.
(d) She thinks she looks pretty.
2. Which of the following beverages does Tambu regularly drink with Maiguru?
(a) Rice wine.
3. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
4. What language does Chido speak?
5. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is unintelligent.
(b) Because she is too smart.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she is a girl.
6. How long after being diagnosed with his disease did Nhamo die?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
7. What does Tambu devise a plan to avoid?
(a) Her family.
8. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
9. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
(a) He enjoys the walk.
(b) He hates the walk.
(c) He is terrified of the walk.
(d) He is confused by the walk.
10. Who is Netsai in relation to Tambu?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her aunt.
11. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
12. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
13. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
(a) A writer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A wife.
14. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
15. After the formal welcoming speech, how does Tambu feel about her cousin, Nyasha?
(a) She feels pity for Nyasha.
(b) She feels offended by Nyasha.
(c) She feels jealous of Nyasha.
(d) She feels superior to Nyasha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
2. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
3. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
4. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
5. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)