Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters One and Two
1. How does Tambu describe the swimming holes near her home?
2. How does Babamukuru control the education of the village children where Tambu lives?
3. How does Tambu's mother provide financial help for her household?
4. How does Tambu's father react to the news that there isn't enough money for both of his children to attend school?
5. How does Tambu feel about Maiguru and her relationship to education?
6. What happens when Tambu begins to grow her own garden of...
This section contains 863 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)