|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Nine and Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
(a) They chide her.
(b) They praise her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They are confused by her.
2. When thinking about her education, what does Nyasha wish?
(a) That she could stay in school forever.
(b) That she had never been sent to school.
(c) That she had never been sent to England.
(d) That she had been allowed to stay in England.
3. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
(a) Whatever food makes her forget her home.
(b) Whatever food makes her happy.
(c) Whatever food is served to her.
(d) Whatever food the family eats.
4. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
5. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A dishwasher.
(b) A toilet flush.
(c) A water filter.
(d) A light switch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Babamukuru give to Jeremiah as a wedding gift?
2. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
3. Which of the following characters does NOT observe the traditions of food service mandated in Babamukuru's home?
4. Who claims that Babamukuru is beating Nyasha because she is a girl?
5. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)