|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Nine and Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(a) Raise a baby.
(d) Tend a garden.
2. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their age difference.
(b) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(c) Because of their economic statuses.
(d) Because of their language barrier.
3. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
(a) To be obedient.
(b) To be submissive.
(c) To be respectful.
(d) To be smart.
4. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is a girl.
(b) Because she is too smart.
(c) Because she is too young.
(d) Because she is unintelligent.
5. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nyasha feel that the family is turning Babamukuru into?
2. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
3. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
4. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
5. What does Nyasha believe that her parents feel for her?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)