|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Nine and Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Crop rotation.
(b) Lack of money.
(c) Abusive sons.
(d) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
2. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
(b) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
(c) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
(d) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
3. Which of the following activities has Babamukuru forbidden while he is visiting?
4. How does Lucia feel about her new job?
(a) She is overwhelmed.
(b) She is resentful.
(c) She is proud.
(d) She is confused.
5. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(a) Raise a baby.
(c) Tend a garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many girls have been hired by Babamukuru to help with the cooking and other chores?
2. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ma'Shingayi accuses Maiguru of during the family meeting?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
5. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)