|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Nine and Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the formal welcoming speech, how does Tambu feel about her cousin, Nyasha?
(a) She feels offended by Nyasha.
(b) She feels jealous of Nyasha.
(c) She feels superior to Nyasha.
(d) She feels pity for Nyasha.
2. How does Tambu feel about her parents' wedding?
(a) She is confused.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She is apathetic.
3. What does Nyasha do to her father that causes him to go into a blind fury, repeatedly slamming her head into the floor?
(a) She spits on him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She punches him.
(d) She calls him by his first name.
4. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
(a) She spits at him.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She refuses to let him in.
(d) She ignores him.
5. Which of the following is the same about Ma'Shingayi and Lucia at the time when Tambu comes to visit?
(a) They are both pregnant.
(b) They are both trying to divorce their husbands.
(c) They are both gravely ill.
(d) They are both learning to sew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Babamukuru's only expense at Tambu's new school?
2. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ma'Shingayi accuses Maiguru of during the family meeting?
4. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
5. Which of the following characters makes a long speech after dinner, formally welcoming Tambu into the family?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)