|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
(d) Tambu has her own bedroom.
2. During which month of the year does Nhamo return to his village from school?
3. Who is put in charge of overseeing the food during the duration of the trip home?
4. What happens when students are "screened out"?
(a) They are kicked out of the school.
(b) They are sent to a different school in another town.
(c) They are promoted to a higher grade.
(d) They are left to repeat their same grade.
5. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
(a) Blacks and Whites.
(b) Adults and Children.
(c) Men and Women.
(d) There is no segregation at the swimming holes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
2. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
3. Who is put in charge of purchasing material for the dresses to be used in Jeremiah and Ma'Shingayi's wedding?
4. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
5. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)