|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Tambu force upon herself when she sees her uncle's great wealth?
(a) She forces herself to be unimpressed.
(b) She forces herself to be shocked.
(c) She forces herself to be appreciative.
(d) She forces herself to be confused.
2. After the formal welcoming speech, which of the following contraptions is Tambu too embarrassed to admit she cannot work?
(a) A toilet flush.
(b) A light switch.
(c) A dishwasher.
(d) A water filter.
3. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
(a) She slaps him in the face.
(b) She is affectionate and sentimental.
(c) She is uncharacteristically kind to him.
(d) She is unable to speak to him.
4. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A knife.
(b) A spoon.
(c) A set of chopsticks.
(d) A fork.
5. What year does Nhamo die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which of the following secret activities does Nyasha participate?
2. What color is the fabric purchased for the bridesmaids' dresses?
3. What has Babamukuru taken away from Nyasha, causing an uproar at the dinner table?
4. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
5. Where is Tambu's mother lying when the family first arrives?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)