|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tambu's mother think is the most important thing a woman must learn to carry?
(a) Her burderns.
(b) Her babies.
(c) Her worries.
(d) Her fears.
2. Which of the following characters does Tambu describe as "intangible"?
3. Which of the following utensils does Tambu need to eat properly?
(a) A fork.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A set of chopsticks.
4. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
(a) Babamukuru's house.
(b) His childhood village.
(d) The parochial school.
5. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A wife.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
2. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
3. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Lucia is accused of while staying at the homestead?
5. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)