|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a chore Tambu is expected to complete while visiting her family at the homestead?
(a) Cleaning the latrine.
(b) Washing the clothes.
(c) Fetching the water.
(d) Harvesting the fields.
2. Where is the school dance held?
(a) Beit Hall.
(b) Washington Hall.
(c) Faruk Hall.
(d) Columbus Hall.
3. Which of the following is NOT a reason Lucia gives as to why she must stay on the homestead?
(a) The homestead is her family.
(b) She has nowhere else to go.
(c) She was invited to stay.
(d) She is too poor to leave.
4. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is confused.
5. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease was Nhamo diagnosed as dying from?
2. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
3. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
4. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
5. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)