|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Tambu about the latrine at the homestead?
(a) It is brand-new.
(b) It is filthy.
(c) It is spotless.
(d) It has been renovated.
2. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
(a) Babamukuru dictates the menu.
(b) Babamukuru is always served first.
(c) Babamukuru serves the rest of the family, thus controlling their portions.
(d) The food is kept on warmers until Babamukuru is ready to eat.
3. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
(a) She spits at him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She refuses to let him in.
(d) She hugs him.
4. How many friends does Nyasha have at school?
5. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their economic statuses.
(b) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(c) Because of their age difference.
(d) Because of their language barrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
2. During their first conversation, what does Nyasha admit to Tambu?
3. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
4. How does Nyasha feel about her family's maid?
5. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)