|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu react to her first school dance?
(a) She is overwhelmed.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She enjoys herself fully.
2. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is offended.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is impressed.
3. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too fearful.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too old.
4. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
(a) Because she is too young.
(b) Because she is unintelligent.
(c) Because she is a girl.
(d) Because she is too smart.
5. Where is the school dance held?
(a) Washington Hall.
(b) Faruk Hall.
(c) Beit Hall.
(d) Columbus Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
2. How many people arrive at the homestead to celebrate Babamukuru's arrival?
3. What happens when students are "screened out"?
4. What does Tambu's father believe she should study to become?
5. How does Tambu feel when she is forced to interact with the village women in the kitchen?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)