|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
(a) Eye contact.
(b) Spilled milk.
(c) A puppy's antics.
(d) A porcelain doll.
2. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
(b) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(d) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
3. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
4. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(a) Tend a garden.
(b) Raise a baby.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) She does not respect her parents.
(b) She does not like school.
(c) She does not appreciate her economic status.
(d) She has no manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Babamukuru claim he cannot eat a meal without?
2. When Nhamo returns from school, which of the following animals is Tambu sent to slaughter for dinner?
3. How long would one shilling feed Tambu's family back in the village?
4. During what month of the year does Tambu return home to the village for the first time?
5. Which of the following beverages does Tambu regularly drink with Maiguru?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)