|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Tambu wants to do after she arrives at Babamukuru's?
(a) Go to church.
(b) Return to the village.
(c) Get to her studies.
(d) Make new friends.
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Unmarried and pregnant daughters.
(c) Crop rotation.
(d) Abusive sons.
3. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(b) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(d) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
4. Which of the following students scores the highest on the end-of-term exams?
5. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
2. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
3. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
4. For which holiday does the city host a dance for the school-age children?
5. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)