|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
(c) She does not greet Tambu.
2. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
(d) Another village boy.
3. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
(a) Babamukuru dictates the menu.
(b) Babamukuru serves the rest of the family, thus controlling their portions.
(c) The food is kept on warmers until Babamukuru is ready to eat.
(d) Babamukuru is always served first.
4. Which of the following adjectives does Tambu use to describe Nyasha when she first arrives to the home?
5. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
(a) They ignore her.
(b) They praise her.
(c) They chide her.
(d) They are confused by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tambu feel about the way Nyasha speaks to Maiguru?
2. What language does Chido speak?
3. After the formal welcoming speech, how does Tambu feel about her cousin, Nyasha?
4. How does Tambu feel when she is forced to interact with the village women in the kitchen?
5. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)