|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
(a) She slaps him in the face.
(b) She is unable to speak to him.
(c) She is uncharacteristically kind to him.
(d) She is affectionate and sentimental.
2. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
3. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their economic statuses.
(b) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
(c) Because of their language barrier.
(d) Because of their age difference.
4. How do the village women react to Tambu's cooking skills?
(a) They are confused by her.
(b) They praise her.
(c) They ignore her.
(d) They chide her.
5. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
(a) She is well-educated.
(b) She lives in a luxurious mansion.
(c) She has four children.
(d) She has a personal driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
2. How does Tambu feel about Netsai?
3. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
4. What language does Chido speak?
5. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)