|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He excels at school.
(b) He performs poorly in school.
(c) He is an average student.
(d) He does not attend school.
2. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
(a) From wealthiest to richest.
(b) From tallest to shortest.
(c) From most to least important.
(d) From oldest to youngest.
3. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
(b) Raise a baby.
(d) Tend a garden.
4. Who is Netsai in relation to Tambu?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What is the age difference between Nhamo and Tambu?
(a) Nhamo is older than Tambu
(b) There is no mention of Nhamo's age.
(c) Tambu is older than Nhamo.
(d) Nhamo and Tambu are the same age
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Babamukuru arrive at the village when he comes to visit?
2. How does Tambu's father react to the news that she cannot attend school?
3. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
4. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
5. What does Ma'Shingayi say killed her son?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)