|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives does Babamukuru use to describe school-age children?
2. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
(a) He is confused by the walk.
(b) He enjoys the walk.
(c) He is terrified of the walk.
(d) He hates the walk.
3. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
(a) She refuses to let him in.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She spits at him.
(d) She hugs him.
4. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
(a) Men and Women.
(b) Blacks and Whites.
(c) There is no segregation at the swimming holes.
(d) Adults and Children.
5. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
(a) The schools.
(b) The boat dock.
(c) The bus station.
(d) The street market.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Babamukuru believe children should be sent to school?
2. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
3. What type of school do Tambu and her brother Nhamo attend?
4. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
5. Who does Babamukuru claim should take Nhamo's place at the parochial school?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)