|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too fearful.
(d) She is too old.
2. How does Nhamo feel about the walk from school to his home?
(a) He is confused by the walk.
(b) He is terrified of the walk.
(c) He hates the walk.
(d) He enjoys the walk.
3. During what decade is Tambu's story told?
4. Where does Tambu's mother work?
(a) In an office.
(b) In a garden.
(c) In a school.
(d) In a nursery.
5. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
(a) She slaps him in the face.
(b) She is affectionate and sentimental.
(c) She is unable to speak to him.
(d) She is uncharacteristically kind to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tambu's mother sell her food items?
2. What year does Nhamo die?
3. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
4. Which of the following is NOT a duty young girls in Tambu's village learn to do before getting married?
5. Which of the following is Babamukuru's nickname within the village?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)