|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tambu have a difficult time bonding with Nyasha?
(a) Because of their language barrier.
(b) Because of their economic statuses.
(c) Because of their age difference.
(d) Because their families have forbidden their friendship.
2. Who are segregated at the swimming holes around Tambu's home?
(a) Men and Women.
(b) Blacks and Whites.
(c) Adults and Children.
(d) There is no segregation at the swimming holes.
3. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
(b) She does not greet Tambu.
4. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(b) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
(d) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
5. What year does Nhamo die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tambu told she cannot attend school when she turns of age?
2. With whom does Tambu share a bedroom at Babamukuru's home?
3. What task is Tambu asked to do for the visiting relatives?
4. Which of the following facts is NOT true of Babamukuru's wife?
5. Why does Tambu believe she was passed over for education by Babamukuru?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)