|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nhamo perform in school?
(a) He is an average student.
(b) He performs poorly in school.
(c) He does not attend school.
(d) He excels at school.
2. In what order are Tambu's visiting relatives served at dinner?
(a) From oldest to youngest.
(b) From wealthiest to richest.
(c) From most to least important.
(d) From tallest to shortest.
3. What hopes does Tambu have when Nyasha first arrives at the home?
(a) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will grow to fear her.
(b) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will soon move away to attend school.
(c) Tambu hopes that Nyasha will leave her alone.
(d) Tambu hopes that she and Nyasha will become friends.
4. Where does Tambu's mother work?
(a) In a garden.
(b) In an office.
(c) In a nursery.
(d) In a school.
5. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) She is too fearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Tambu and her family speak at home?
2. How does the maid greet Tambu when she arrives at the house?
3. During which month of the year did Nhamo die?
4. How does Nhamo feel about Babamukuru's house?
5. Which of the following is the only word Tambu can translate from the conversation between Nyasha and her mother?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)