|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tambu hears that she cannot attend school, what does she ask her parents for?
2. Which of the following activities has Babamukuru forbidden while he is visiting?
3. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
4. Who rises from the dinner table to fetch whatever Babamukuru wishes during the meal?
5. How does Tambu treat Nhamo before he leaves for school?
(a) She is affectionate and sentimental.
(b) She is unable to speak to him.
(c) She is uncharacteristically kind to him.
(d) She slaps him in the face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Babamukuru taken away from Nyasha, causing an uproar at the dinner table?
2. Which of the following forces Nyasha and Tambu to burst out laughing and have their first conversation?
3. Which of the children in the novel has arrangements made to be sent to the missionary school one town over?
4. What does Maiguru claim she wants Tambu to eat while living under her roof?
5. Which of the following characters does Tambu describe as "intangible"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)