|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true of Nyasha?
(a) She had forgotten that Africa was her home.
(b) Returning home to Africa was a shock.
(c) That she can no longer speak Shona.
(d) That she thinks the African people are savages.
2. What does Tambu claim she will do after she receives her education?
(a) Send money to her family.
(b) Get married.
(c) Return to the village.
(d) Get a job.
3. What excuse does Maiguru make as to why Nyasha can't play with the other children?
(a) She is too fearful.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She is too young.
(d) She is too old.
4. Why is Nyasha favored within the school system?
(a) Because she is well-traveled and well-respected.
(b) Because she is the smartest in the class.
(c) Because she comes from a wealthy family.
(d) Because she is the headmaster's daughter.
5. Which of the following terms does Maiguru use to describe Nyasha's change of attitude?
Short Answer Questions
1. If Nhamo could have spent his days in one location, which of the following would he have chosen?
2. How does Ma'Shingayi react when Babamukuru walks up her drive to tell her of Nhamo's death?
3. Who runs back to Babamukuru to tell him that Nyasha is alone with a boy?
4. Which of the following articles of clothing has Tambu never heard of?
5. When Babamukuru is beating Nyasha, what does he demand of her?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)