|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Ma'Shingayi and Lucia related?
(a) Lucia is Ma'Shingayi's aunt.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) Ma'Shingayi is Lucia's mother.
(d) They are cousins.
2. Despite having a latrine, where does Tambu go to the bathroom?
(a) In a bedpan.
(b) She travels to the only flush toilet in town, at the library.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) In the river.
3. After the formal welcoming speech, how does Tambu feel about her cousin, Nyasha?
(a) She feels pity for Nyasha.
(b) She feels offended by Nyasha.
(c) She feels superior to Nyasha.
(d) She feels jealous of Nyasha.
4. Whom does Maiguru blame for Tambu's inability to eat her meal properly?
5. Which of the following best describes Tambu's attitude as she returns to the homestead?
(a) She does not understand why anyone would want to visit the village.
(b) She has been unable to sleep for a week.
(c) She refuses to return, and won't leave her bedroom.
(d) She is worried that her family will no longer recognize her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the traditional dish eaten as a staple at most meals by the villagers?
2. In which of the following secret activities does Nyasha participate?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Ma'Shingayi accuses Maiguru of during the family meeting?
4. Which of the following is NOT a tradition observed by Babamukuru's family at the dinner table?
5. Which of the following is NOT a topic Tambu's family discusses during their family meeting?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)