|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
2. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
3. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
4. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
5. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about the contract killer?
2. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
3. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
4. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
5. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
6. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
7. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
8. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
9. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
10. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Referring to the four Cajun tales from Chapter 7 which Dave remembers hearing from his father, describe how they qualify as lessons by which to live one's life.
Essay Topic 2
After Dave is thrown into the drunk tank, he is offered alcohol twice: once by a fellow prisoner and once by Annie. Dave turns them both down. Discuss the significance of his actions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's relationship with his father and his current feelings about the man. What impact does Dave's father have on him?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)