|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dave has his first visit with Annie after the shooting, she looks like what to him?
2. What does Dave serve Andres to drink?
3. What charges are on the complaint that Dave files against the Nicaraguan?
4. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
5. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
2. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
3. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
4. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
5. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
6. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
7. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
8. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
9. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
10. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, three bad guys break into Annie's house, terrorizing her and Dave in order to get answers from Dave. The reader learns the names of two of the men, Bobby Joe and Erik, but the third is only called "the man in the raincoat." Why is the reader not provided with a name for this man, the leader of the trio? Are there are other differences between "the man in the raincoat" and the other two men? Explain the significance of the omission of a name as well as other differences.
Essay Topic 2
In the Epilogue, the reader learns that Dave is reinstated but decides to resign. In your opinion, what are Dave's reasons for resigning? As "The Neon Rain" is the first in the Dave Robicheaux series, what do you predict the second book will do with Dave's situation as a retired cop?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's relationship with his father and his current feelings about the man. What impact does Dave's father have on him?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)