|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dave's wife's name?
2. What does Cletus' sun porch resemble?
3. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
4. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
5. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
2. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
3. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
4. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
5. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
6. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
7. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
8. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
9. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
10. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence that Dave finds at Starkweather's fish camp, and what he then suspects from that information. How does he come to his conclusions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effects of the Vietnam War on Dave personally. Be certain to address how it continues to affect his daily life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's observation that "when these guys ceased to fill a need for somebody else, they would be taken off the board."
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)