|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
2. Who reveals that Philip Murphy is a morphine addict?
3. Who wanted Starkweather dead?
4. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
5. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
2. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
3. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
4. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
5. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
6. What is known about the contract killer?
7. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
8. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
9. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
10. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Neon Rain" begins when Dave Robicheaux visits Angola penitentiary. The person he visits is hours away from execution, and there are groups both for and against his execution at the gate. Discuss what feelings or opinions Dave has about the death penalty in general and the man who is being executed.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effects of the Vietnam War on Dave personally. Be certain to address how it continues to affect his daily life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's relationship with his father and his current feelings about the man. What impact does Dave's father have on him?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)