|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Dave's wife's name?
2. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
3. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
4. What word does Dave associate with bureaucrats?
5. What does Cletus' sun porch resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
2. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
3. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
4. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
5. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
6. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
7. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
8. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
9. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
10. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence that Dave finds at Starkweather's fish camp, and what he then suspects from that information. How does he come to his conclusions?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
Essay Topic 3
Write about the theme of good versus evil citing examples from this book.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)