|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
2. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
3. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
4. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
5. From what era are the homes in the Garden District described in Chapter Eight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about other meanings, besides the obvious physical one, that this statement at the end of Chapter 5 might have: "Then my trio of friends squeezed the remaining air out of my chest, the blood out of my ear, the light from my eyes."
Essay Topic 2
The character Dave appears to an honest man who tries to be fair in Chapter 1. He treats Johnny Messina with respect, and he worries about a case outside of his jurisdiction when the sheriff does not order an autopsy. Yet Dave pulls out a five-inch Puma pocket knife that "could fillet bass like a barber's razor" in order to intimidate Wesley Potts. Is Dave still a good, honest cop? Does he have a different sense of what is right and fair froom other people might have? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 4, Fitzpatrick points out immigrants from Central America, both legal and illegal. Compare and contrast the attitudes or feelings about immigration from these four characters: Fitzpatrick, Didi Gee, Cletus, and Dave.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)