|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
2. Beauvoir is referred to as what in Chapter Ten?
3. Who says, "It's going to rain frogs" at the end of Chapter Twelve?
4. Where is the location of Jimmie's shooting?
5. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
2. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
3. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
4. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
5. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
6. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
7. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
8. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
9. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
10. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 4, Fitzpatrick points out immigrants from Central America, both legal and illegal. Compare and contrast the attitudes or feelings about immigration from these four characters: Fitzpatrick, Didi Gee, Cletus, and Dave.
Essay Topic 2
Referring to the four Cajun tales from Chapter 7 which Dave remembers hearing from his father, describe how they qualify as lessons by which to live one's life.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, the reader is introduced to Annie Ballard. Describe what you know about her, what you suspect, and what role you believe she will play in "The Neon Rain."
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)