|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave know that lives near St. Mary's Dominican College?
2. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
3. Who tells Dave that Dave believes in the world that should be instead of the one that exists?
4. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
5. Who bails Dave out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
2. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
3. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
4. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
5. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
6. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
7. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
8. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
9. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
10. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the effect of Fitzpatrick's death on Dave. Does he feel responsible? Guilty? If so, is there anything he could have done to stop it?
Essay Topic 2
Write about the theme of good versus evil citing examples from this book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's observation that "when these guys ceased to fill a need for somebody else, they would be taken off the board."
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)