|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, the two boys from Dave's platoon who died were from where?
2. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
3. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
4. Who reveals that Philip Murphy is a morphine addict?
5. What does Cletus wear to the station on his day off in Chapter Nine"
Essay Topic 1
After Dave is thrown into the drunk tank, he is offered alcohol twice: once by a fellow prisoner and once by Annie. Dave turns them both down. Discuss the significance of his actions.
Essay Topic 2
Due to the nature of the first person viewpoint, the reader knows what Dave thinks of his brother, Jimmie. What do you believe Jimmie thinks of and feels for his brother? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)