|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
2. With what is Dave charged?
3. What does Annie cook on Dave's stove in Chapter Eight?
4. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
5. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
2. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
3. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
4. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
5. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
6. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
7. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
8. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
9. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
10. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dave's relationship with his father and his current feelings about the man. What impact does Dave's father have on him?
Essay Topic 2
Due to the nature of the first person viewpoint, the reader knows what Dave thinks of his brother, Jimmie. What do you believe Jimmie thinks of and feels for his brother? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's observation that "when these guys ceased to fill a need for somebody else, they would be taken off the board."
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)