|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
2. What type of business does Dave buy with his retirement money?
3. What does Dave serve Andres to drink?
4. Who approaches Dave in Jackson Square about meeting with Didi Gee?
5. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
2. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
3. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
4. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
5. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
6. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
7. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
8. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
9. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
10. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 3, three bad guys break into Annie's house, terrorizing her and Dave in order to get answers from Dave. The reader learns the names of two of the men, Bobby Joe and Erik, but the third is only called "the man in the raincoat." Why is the reader not provided with a name for this man, the leader of the trio? Are there are other differences between "the man in the raincoat" and the other two men? Explain the significance of the omission of a name as well as other differences.
Essay Topic 2
Referring to the four Cajun tales from Chapter 7 which Dave remembers hearing from his father, describe how they qualify as lessons by which to live one's life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's relationship with his father and his current feelings about the man. What impact does Dave's father have on him?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)