|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
2. Where does Dave meet Didi Gee for lunch?
3. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
4. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
5. What charges are on the complaint that Dave files against the Nicaraguan?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
2. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
3. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
4. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
5. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
6. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
7. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
8. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
9. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
10. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the Epilogue, the reader learns that Dave is reinstated but decides to resign. In your opinion, what are Dave's reasons for resigning? As "The Neon Rain" is the first in the Dave Robicheaux series, what do you predict the second book will do with Dave's situation as a retired cop?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Dave's observation that "when these guys ceased to fill a need for somebody else, they would be taken off the board."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evidence that Dave finds at Starkweather's fish camp, and what he then suspects from that information. How does he come to his conclusions?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)