|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Dave associate with bureaucrats?
2. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
3. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
4. Where does Dave spend the night after first confronting the General?
5. What does Jaime always wear on his head?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the effects of the Vietnam War on Dave personally. Be certain to address how it continues to affect his daily life.
Essay Topic 2
"The Neon Rain" begins when Dave Robicheaux visits Angola penitentiary. The person he visits is hours away from execution, and there are groups both for and against his execution at the gate. Discuss what feelings or opinions Dave has about the death penalty in general and the man who is being executed.
Essay Topic 3
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)