|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
2. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
3. What did a journalist nickname General Abshire in 1966?
4. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
5. Where does Didi Gee talks about moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
2. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
3. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
4. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
5. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
6. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
7. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
8. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
9. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
10. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Neon Rain" begins when Dave Robicheaux visits Angola penitentiary. The person he visits is hours away from execution, and there are groups both for and against his execution at the gate. Discuss what feelings or opinions Dave has about the death penalty in general and the man who is being executed.
Essay Topic 2
Due to the nature of the first person viewpoint, the reader knows what Dave thinks of his brother, Jimmie. What do you believe Jimmie thinks of and feels for his brother? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evidence that Dave finds at Starkweather's fish camp, and what he then suspects from that information. How does he come to his conclusions?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)