|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
2. Where is the location of Jimmie's shooting?
3. Who approaches Dave in Jackson Square about meeting with Didi Gee?
4. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
5. How does Jimmie communicate with Dave from the hospital bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
2. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
3. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
4. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
5. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
6. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
7. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
8. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
9. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
10. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dave's observation that "when these guys ceased to fill a need for somebody else, they would be taken off the board."
Essay Topic 2
Write about the theme of good versus evil citing examples from this book.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 2, the reader is introduced to Annie Ballard. Describe what you know about her, what you suspect, and what role you believe she will play in "The Neon Rain."
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)