|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
2. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
3. Who claims to have a son at West Point?
4. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
5. In Chapter Three, for whom are the three men looking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
2. What is Fitzpatrick's theory about what Segura is doing?
3. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
4. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
5. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
6. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
7. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
8. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
9. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
10. What types of pistols does Dave own?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about other meanings, besides the obvious physical one, that this statement at the end of Chapter 5 might have: "Then my trio of friends squeezed the remaining air out of my chest, the blood out of my ear, the light from my eyes."
Essay Topic 2
After Dave is thrown into the drunk tank, he is offered alcohol twice: once by a fellow prisoner and once by Annie. Dave turns them both down. Discuss the significance of his actions.
Essay Topic 3
Referring to the four Cajun tales from Chapter 7 which Dave remembers hearing from his father, describe how they qualify as lessons by which to live one's life.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)