|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what TV show does Dave say it looks like Fitzpatrick escaped?
2. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
3. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
4. Who is Gail Lopez?
5. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about the contract killer?
2. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
3. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
4. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
5. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
6. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
7. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
8. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
9. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
10. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
Essay Topic 1
Due to the nature of the first person viewpoint, the reader knows what Dave thinks of his brother, Jimmie. What do you believe Jimmie thinks of and feels for his brother? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
After Dave is thrown into the drunk tank, he is offered alcohol twice: once by a fellow prisoner and once by Annie. Dave turns them both down. Discuss the significance of his actions.
Essay Topic 3
"The Neon Rain" begins when Dave Robicheaux visits Angola penitentiary. The person he visits is hours away from execution, and there are groups both for and against his execution at the gate. Discuss what feelings or opinions Dave has about the death penalty in general and the man who is being executed.
This section contains 1,521 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)