|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
2. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
3. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
4. What newspaper does Dave buy in Chapter One?
5. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
2. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
3. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
4. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
5. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
6. What types of pistols does Dave own?
7. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
8. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
9. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
10. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
Essay Topic 1
Referring to the four Cajun tales from Chapter 7 which Dave remembers hearing from his father, describe how they qualify as lessons by which to live one's life.
Essay Topic 2
Write about the theme of good versus evil citing examples from this book.
Essay Topic 3
By Chapter 2, the reader is introduced to two police officers, one who currently works in vice, and the other who used to work there. According to Dave, things never went well when he "had to deal with the people in vice." Discuss the impression you get about the type of people who work in vice. Be sure to discuss both Sergeant Motley and Cletus Purcel.
This section contains 1,443 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)