|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
2. Who's father was a milkman in the Garden District?
3. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
4. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
5. Where did Dave get his .45 automatic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fitzpatrick's theory about what Segura is doing?
2. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
3. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
4. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
5. Why is Fitzpatrick angry with Dave in Chapter Five?
6. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
7. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
8. Where is Dave stationed?
9. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
10. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Dave is thrown into the drunk tank, he is offered alcohol twice: once by a fellow prisoner and once by Annie. Dave turns them both down. Discuss the significance of his actions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the evidence that Dave finds at Starkweather's fish camp, and what he then suspects from that information. How does he come to his conclusions?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)