|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
2. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
3. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
4. Where did Dave grow up?
5. In Chapter Seven, whom does Dave call to harass from the bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fitzpatrick's theory about what Segura is doing?
2. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
3. When and how does the reader first find out about Dave's time in Vietnam?
4. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
5. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
6. In Chapter Two, what is it about the dead girl that makes Dave suspicious?
7. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
8. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
9. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
10. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
Essay Topic 2
In the Epilogue, the reader learns that Dave is reinstated but decides to resign. In your opinion, what are Dave's reasons for resigning? As "The Neon Rain" is the first in the Dave Robicheaux series, what do you predict the second book will do with Dave's situation as a retired cop?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the effect of Fitzpatrick's death on Dave. Does he feel responsible? Guilty? If so, is there anything he could have done to stop it?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)