Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
2. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
3. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
4. What newspaper does Dave buy in Chapter One?
5. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
2. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
3. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
4. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
5. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
6. What types of pistols does Dave own?
7. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
8. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
9. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
10. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the effect of Fitzpatrick's death on Dave. Does he feel responsible? Guilty? If so, is there anything he could have done to stop it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effects of the Vietnam War on Dave personally. Be certain to address how it continues to affect his daily life.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dave's observation that "when these guys ceased to fill a need for somebody else, they would be taken off the board."
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)