|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
2. Who is Jimmie?
3. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
4. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
5. What are the pro-capital punishment people singing in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
2. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
3. Where is Dave stationed?
4. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
5. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
6. In Chapter Two, what is it about the dead girl that makes Dave suspicious?
7. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
8. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
9. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
10. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dave's observation that "when these guys ceased to fill a need for somebody else, they would be taken off the board."
Essay Topic 2
Describe the effect of Fitzpatrick's death on Dave. Does he feel responsible? Guilty? If so, is there anything he could have done to stop it?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)