|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
2. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
3. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
4. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
5. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
2. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
3. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
4. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
5. When and how does the reader first find out about Dave's time in Vietnam?
6. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
7. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
8. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
9. What types of pistols does Dave own?
10. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the effects of the Vietnam War on Dave personally. Be certain to address how it continues to affect his daily life.
Essay Topic 2
In the Epilogue, the reader learns that Dave is reinstated but decides to resign. In your opinion, what are Dave's reasons for resigning? As "The Neon Rain" is the first in the Dave Robicheaux series, what do you predict the second book will do with Dave's situation as a retired cop?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)