|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
2. According to Dave, where does Didi Gee have lunch every Tuesday?
3. In Chapter Seven, whom does Dave call to harass from the bar?
4. Where did Dave grow up?
5. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Dave stationed?
2. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
3. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
4. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
5. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
6. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
7. When and how does the reader first find out about Dave's time in Vietnam?
8. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
9. Describe Cletus Purcel.
10. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Dave's relationship with his father and his current feelings about the man. What impact does Dave's father have on him?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the challenges Dave faces with sobriety with those challenges he faces with alcoholism.
Essay Topic 3
Referring to the four Cajun tales from Chapter 7 which Dave remembers hearing from his father, describe how they qualify as lessons by which to live one's life.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)