|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave first answer when Annie asks him what is wrong in Chapter Six?
2. Who claims to have a son at West Point?
3. Segura is spotted in what color and brand of car in Chapter Four?
4. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
5. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
2. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
3. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
4. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
5. What does Dave learn in Chapter Five that is related to the execution of Johnny Messina.
6. What types of pistols does Dave own?
7. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
8. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
9. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
10. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the theme of good versus evil citing examples from this book.
Essay Topic 2
The character Dave appears to an honest man who tries to be fair in Chapter 1. He treats Johnny Messina with respect, and he worries about a case outside of his jurisdiction when the sheriff does not order an autopsy. Yet Dave pulls out a five-inch Puma pocket knife that "could fillet bass like a barber's razor" in order to intimidate Wesley Potts. Is Dave still a good, honest cop? Does he have a different sense of what is right and fair froom other people might have? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
"The Neon Rain" begins when Dave Robicheaux visits Angola penitentiary. The person he visits is hours away from execution, and there are groups both for and against his execution at the gate. Discuss what feelings or opinions Dave has about the death penalty in general and the man who is being executed.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)