|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what TV show does Dave say it looks like Fitzpatrick escaped?
2. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
3. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
4. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
5. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
2. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
3. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
4. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
5. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
6. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
7. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
8. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
9. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
10. Where is Dave stationed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Dave is thrown into the drunk tank, he is offered alcohol twice: once by a fellow prisoner and once by Annie. Dave turns them both down. Discuss the significance of his actions.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, three bad guys break into Annie's house, terrorizing her and Dave in order to get answers from Dave. The reader learns the names of two of the men, Bobby Joe and Erik, but the third is only called "the man in the raincoat." Why is the reader not provided with a name for this man, the leader of the trio? Are there are other differences between "the man in the raincoat" and the other two men? Explain the significance of the omission of a name as well as other differences.
Essay Topic 3
Write about the theme of good versus evil citing examples from this book.
This section contains 1,507 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)