|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
2. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
3. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
4. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
5. What is myth number two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
2. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
3. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
4. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
5. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
6. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
7. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
8. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
9. What is Fitzpatrick's theory about what Segura is doing?
10. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evidence that Dave finds at Starkweather's fish camp, and what he then suspects from that information. How does he come to his conclusions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the incident in Chapter 10 in which Dave concludes that the evil of the Nazis "was held in check by the family who sacrificed their lives so their youngest member could live." What relevance does this tale have to the book?
Essay Topic 3
Due to the nature of the first person viewpoint, the reader knows what Dave thinks of his brother, Jimmie. What do you believe Jimmie thinks of and feels for his brother? Explain your answers.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)