|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what alias has Philip Murphy been going for his drug deals?
2. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
(a) Nate Baxter.
(b) Captain Guidry.
(d) General Abshire.
3. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Nate Baxter.
4. What drink does Dave miss from his childhood?
(b) RC Cola.
(c) Dr. Nut.
(d) Grape Nehi.
5. Whom does Dave observe watching his houseboat before driving away in a gunmetal gray Chrysler?
(a) A federal agent.
(b) General Abshire.
(c) Nate Baxter.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
2. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
3. Who bails Dave out of jail?
4. Where is Dave's morning AA meeting located in Chapter Ten?
5. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
2. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
3. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
4. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
5. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
6. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
7. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
8. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
9. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
10. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)