|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
(b) The General.
2. In Chapter Eight, the two boys from Dave's platoon who died were from where?
(a) Lafayette, Louisiana.
(b) Macon, Georgia.
(c) Conroe, Texas.
(d) Birmingham, Alabama.
3. Who places Dave in a holding cell?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(b) Sergeant Motley.
4. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
(a) The General.
(c) Serial killer.
5. On what street is Murphy's house located in Biloxi?
(b) Bay Shore.
(d) Gulf Shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
2. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
3. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
4. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
5. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
2. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
3. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
4. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
5. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
6. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
7. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
8. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
9. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
10. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)