|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
(b) The General.
2. Beauvoir is referred to as what in Chapter Ten?
(a) Jefferson Davis' home.
(b) A waiter at the restaurant.
(c) A street in Biloxi.
(d) A town on the Gulf Coast.
3. Where does Dave meet Didi Gee for lunch?
(c) Mama Lido's.
(d) Cafe Giovanni.
4. Who says, "You must get up in the morning and brush your teeth in the toilet"?
(c) Fitzpatrick's superviser.
5. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(a) Starkweather was going to expose him as a dirty cop.
(b) Because Starkweather beat up Dave.
(c) Starkweather was cutting off the supply of prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
2. What rank did Jerome Abshire, Jr., hold?
3. Who tells Dave that Dave believes in the world that should be instead of the one that exists?
4. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
5. What drink does Dave miss from his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
2. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
3. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
4. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
5. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
6. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
7. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
8. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
9. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
10. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)