|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dave's father give him when he went away to college?
(a) Fishing equipment.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) Remington twelve-gauge shotgun.
2. What does Cletus' sun porch resemble?
(a) A place to be condemned.
(b) A crackerbox.
(c) Four boards nailed together.
(d) A leaky boat.
3. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
4. What does Dave suggest to the General that he should read?
(a) "A Passage to India."
(b) "A Thousand Days."
(c) The Bible.
(d) Saint John of the Cross.
5. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
(a) A drink.
(b) A swim.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A five-mile run.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
2. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
3. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
4. What rank did Jerome Abshire, Jr., hold?
5. What does Dave prepare to eat before visiting Annie and the Times-Picayune in Chapter Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
2. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
3. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
4. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
5. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
6. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
7. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
8. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
9. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
10. What is known about the contract killer?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)