|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
(d) Billie Holiday.
2. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
(a) To pick up a prostitute.
(b) A bar.
(c) The bus station.
(d) To a warehouse.
3. Beauvoir is referred to as what in Chapter Ten?
(a) A waiter at the restaurant.
(b) A town on the Gulf Coast.
(c) A street in Biloxi.
(d) Jefferson Davis' home.
4. How long has Captain Guidry worked as a cop?
(a) Thirty-two years.
(b) Twenty-six years.
(c) Twenty-nine years.
(d) Thirty-five years.
5. Where does Cletus talk about going for his upcoming vacation?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
2. Who bails Dave out of jail?
3. Who tells Dave that Dave believes in the world that should be instead of the one that exists?
4. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
5. When Dave visits Jimmie in the hospital after his trip to Biloxi, it appears to Dave that Jimmie's hands and face are painted with what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)