|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Dave that Dave believes in the world that should be instead of the one that exists?
(a) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
2. Who says, "Loving a girl should include making her miserable"?
(a) Captain Guidry.
3. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
(b) Ducks' eggs.
(d) Didi Gee's fist.
4. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
(a) Jerome Abshire.
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Annie Ballard.
(d) Cletus Purcel.
5. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
2. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
3. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
4. With whom does Dave make friends in the hospital where his brother is?
5. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
2. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
3. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
4. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
5. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
6. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
7. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
8. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
9. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
10. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)