|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jaime always wear on his head?
(a) A stocking cap.
(b) A fedora.
(c) A bandana.
(d) A New York Yankees baseball cap.
2. What does Annie cook on Dave's stove in Chapter Eight?
(a) Bass filets.
3. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
(a) Tying some flies.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Taking a nap.
4. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
(a) "A Passage to India."
(b) "A History of the South."
(c) "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(d) "A Farewell to Arms."
5. Dave confesses to whom about having killed Philip Murphy?
(a) Captain Guidry and Jimmie.
(b) Jimmie and Cletus.
(c) Annie and Captain Guidry.
(d) Cletus and Annie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave takes two weeks of vacation with Annie. Where do they go?
2. What drink does Dave miss from his childhood?
3. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
4. Whom does Dave observe watching his houseboat before driving away in a gunmetal gray Chrysler?
5. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
2. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
3. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
4. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
5. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
6. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
7. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
8. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
9. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
10. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)