|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
(d) The clerk in the store.
2. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) French Quarter.
(b) Audubon Park.
(c) New Iberia.
(d) The Garden District.
3. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) Miami Vice.
(b) The Mickey Mouse show.
(c) La Brea Tar Pits East.
(d) Louisiana swamps.
4. Who approaches Dave in Jackson Square about meeting with Didi Gee?
(a) Joe Milazzo.
(c) Frank Giacano.
(d) Mario Cannella.
5. Where did Dave learn to box?
(a) New Iberia High.
(b) Lafayette College.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
2. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
3. Where does Didi Gee talks about moving?
4. Who bails Dave out of jail?
5. Whom does Dave observe watching his houseboat before driving away in a gunmetal gray Chrysler?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
2. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
3. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
4. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
5. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
6. What is known about the contract killer?
7. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
8. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
9. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
10. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)