|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
(b) Didi Gee's fist.
(c) Ducks' eggs.
2. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
(a) Nate Baxter.
(b) Didi Gee.
3. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(a) The Lions Club.
(b) Knights of Columbus.
(c) The Rotary Club.
4. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
(a) Times-Picayune newspaper.
(b) Information from a snitch.
(c) Jefferson Parish Courthouse.
(d) Police reports.
5. With whom does Dave make friends in the hospital where his brother is?
(a) His brother's nurse from New Iberia.
(b) A surgical resident from India.
(c) A Catholic sister from France.
(d) An elderly Cajun lady from Thibodaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dave learn to box?
2. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
3. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
4. Who was part of the Underground Railway?
5. Who bails Dave out of jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
2. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
3. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
4. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
5. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
6. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
7. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
8. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
9. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
10. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)