|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) The waves on the lake.
(b) "Jailhouse Rock."
(c) "La Jolie Blonde."
(d) Louis Armstrong.
2. With what is Dave charged?
(a) Assault and battery.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Carrying a concealed firearm.
(d) Public drunkenness.
3. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) New Iberia.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) The Garden District.
(d) Audubon Park.
4. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
(b) His bartender.
(c) Cuban horse trainer.
(d) Captain Guidry.
5. Who says, "We use them. They use us. It keeps everyone in business"?
(b) Didi Gee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
2. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
3. With whom does Dave make friends in the hospital where his brother is?
4. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
5. How does Jimmie communicate with Dave from the hospital bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about the contract killer?
2. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
3. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
4. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
5. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
6. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
7. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
8. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
9. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
10. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)