|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dave's wife's name?
2. Where do Dave and Annie move at the end of the book?
(a) Key West.
(c) New Iberia.
(d) French Quarter.
3. Who reveals that Philip Murphy is a morphine addict?
(d) Bobby Joe.
4. Whom does Dave observe watching his houseboat before driving away in a gunmetal gray Chrysler?
(b) Nate Baxter.
(c) General Abshire.
(d) A federal agent.
5. What charges are on the complaint that Dave files against the Nicaraguan?
(a) Assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, and homicide.
(b) Illegal immigrant, kidnapping, and assault.
(c) Assault, possesion, and manslaughter.
(d) Breaking and entering, kidnapping, and assault.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
2. By what alias has Philip Murphy been going for his drug deals?
3. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
4. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
5. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
2. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
3. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
4. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
5. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
6. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
7. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
8. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
9. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
10. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)