|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
2. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
3. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
(a) Annie Ballard.
(b) Jerome Abshire.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Cletus Purcel.
4. Who says, "It's going to rain frogs" at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) An elderly woman on the streetcar.
(b) Captain Guidry.
(c) General Abshire.
5. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
(b) National Guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the postcard that Dave receives from Cletus mailed?
2. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
3. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
4. With whom does Dave make friends in the hospital where his brother is?
5. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
2. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
3. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
4. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
5. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
6. What is in the Gulf, south of Morgan City?
7. What is known about the contract killer?
8. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
9. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
10. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)