|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Dave charged?
(a) Breaking and entering.
(b) Carrying a concealed firearm.
(c) Public drunkenness.
(d) Assault and battery.
2. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
(b) Serial killer.
(c) The General.
3. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
(a) A drink.
(b) A five-mile run.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A swim.
4. Who reveals that Philip Murphy is a morphine addict?
(d) Bobby Joe.
5. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Dave that Dave believes in the world that should be instead of the one that exists?
2. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
3. When Dave visits Jimmie in the hospital after his trip to Biloxi, it appears to Dave that Jimmie's hands and face are painted with what?
4. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
5. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
2. In Chapter Nine, Dave finally confronts Cletus about turning into a bad cop. How does Cletus respond?
3. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
4. What is known about the contract killer?
5. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
6. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
7. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
8. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
9. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
10. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)