|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what alias has Philip Murphy been going for his drug deals?
2. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
(a) Rat poison.
3. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
(a) His bartender.
(b) Captain Guidry.
(d) Cuban horse trainer.
4. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) French Quarter.
(b) New Iberia.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Garden District.
5. Dave confesses to whom about having killed Philip Murphy?
(a) Cletus and Annie.
(b) Captain Guidry and Jimmie.
(c) Jimmie and Cletus.
(d) Annie and Captain Guidry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
2. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
3. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
4. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
5. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
2. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
3. What is known about the contract killer?
4. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
5. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
6. What does the word "Pinkville" mean to Dave?
7. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
8. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
9. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
10. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)