|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) The waves on the lake.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) "La Jolie Blonde."
(d) "Jailhouse Rock."
2. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Nate Baxter.
(b) Sergeant Motley.
(d) Captain Guidry.
3. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(a) Knights of Columbus.
(c) The Rotary Club.
(d) The Lions Club.
4. Who was part of the Underground Railway?
(a) Dave's grandparents.
(b) The great-grandparents of Annie's date.
(c) Annie's great-grandparents.
(d) Bill Anderson.
5. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
(a) "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(b) "A History of the South."
(c) "A Passage to India."
(d) "A Farewell to Arms."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave know that lives near St. Mary's Dominican College?
2. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
3. What does Dave serve Andres to drink?
4. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
5. What did Dave's father give him when he went away to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
2. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
3. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
4. What is known about the contract killer?
5. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
6. In Chapter Ten, Dave contemplates how he is not making much of a difference in the world. His brother Jimmie understands that and puts his energy into what pursuits?
7. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
8. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
9. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
10. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)