|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "It's going to rain frogs" at the end of Chapter Twelve?
(a) An elderly woman on the streetcar.
(c) Captain Guidry.
(d) General Abshire.
2. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
(a) Information from a snitch.
(b) Jefferson Parish Courthouse.
(c) Times-Picayune newspaper.
(d) Police reports.
3. Dave takes two weeks of vacation with Annie. Where do they go?
(c) Key West.
4. What did Dave's father give him when he went away to college?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) Remington twelve-gauge shotgun.
(d) Fishing equipment.
5. In what type of car does Andres arrive at Dave's houseboat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
2. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
3. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
4. Why is Andres' left hand bandaged?
5. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
2. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
3. In Chapter Ten, Dave meets Didi Gee at a restaurant. Describe the restaurant.
4. Why does Didi Gee want Jimmie dead?
5. Why is Didi Gee upset in Chapter Ten?
6. Dave confronts Philip Murphy and plans to take him back to New Orleans. What is the outcome of this?
7. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
8. In Chapter Eight, when Dave sees Annie's date for the evening, what does he do?
9. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
10. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)