|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave meet Didi Gee for lunch?
(a) Mama Lido's.
(d) Cafe Giovanni.
2. How long has Captain Guidry worked as a cop?
(a) Twenty-six years.
(b) Thirty-two years.
(c) Twenty-nine years.
(d) Thirty-five years.
3. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(b) Captain Guidry.
(d) Nate Baxter.
4. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
5. What does Dave prepare to eat before visiting Annie and the Times-Picayune in Chapter Eight?
(b) Peanut butter sandwich.
(c) Poor-boy sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Eight, the two boys from Dave's platoon who died were from where?
2. What did a journalist nickname General Abshire in 1966?
3. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
4. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
5. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
2. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
3. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
4. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
5. In Chapter Eleven, Dave tells Annie that he has to hurt her. How does he hurt her?
6. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
7. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
8. What happens with Dave's job when he is reinstated?
9. In Chapter Twelve, Dave says that he is caught in the lens. What does he mean by this?
10. Why does Dave return to the Picayune's morgue in Chapter Twelve?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)