|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
2. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
(a) Siding with the Mexican gang.
(b) Arresting one of their contacts.
(c) Shooting a Colombian gang member.
(d) Finding an African-American girl in Bayou Lafourche.
3. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A Zen friend in California.
(c) Oral Roberts.
(d) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
4. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
(c) Didi Gee.
5. Where does Dave find Bobby Joe Starkweather in Chapter Seven?
(a) In Pott's adult theatre.
(b) In a pig pen.
(c) On his houseboat.
(d) In a warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
2. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
3. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
4. Segura is spotted in what color and brand of car in Chapter Four?
5. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what is it about the dead girl that makes Dave suspicious?
2. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
3. Where is Dave stationed?
4. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
5. What does Dave learn about his partner from Julio Segura?
6. What does Cletus do that escalates the situation with Segura in Chapter Four?
7. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
8. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
9. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
10. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)