|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
(a) Wesley Potts.
(b) Didoni Giacano.
(c) Jimmy Robicheaux.
(d) Mama Giacanao.
2. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
3. Who is Nate Baxter?
(a) A friend who works at the hospital.
(b) A federal agent who questions Dave.
(c) A detective from Internal Affairs.
(d) One of Murphy's men.
4. Who is Lovelace Deshotels?
(a) The girl found in the bayou.
(b) The dead girl's mother.
(c) A woman from Dave's childhood.
(d) A Cataouatche Parish deputy.
5. In Chapter Three, for whom are the three men looking?
(c) Bobby Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
2. Who is Jimmie?
3. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
4. What is Dave first answer when Annie asks him what is wrong in Chapter Six?
5. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
2. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
3. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
4. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
5. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
6. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
7. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
8. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
9. What does Dave learn in Chapter Five that is related to the execution of Johnny Messina.
10. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)