|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) His brother and Didi Gee.
(c) He is drinking alone.
(d) Circus people from Sarasota.
2. On what street is Jimmie's restaurant located?
3. Rumor has it that who owns an aquarium filled with piranha?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Jimmy, the Gent.
(c) Sharky Bonnano.
(d) Julio Segura.
4. What color are Annie's eyes?
5. Where does Dave find Bobby Joe Starkweather in Chapter Seven?
(a) In a pig pen.
(b) On his houseboat.
(c) In a warehouse.
(d) In Pott's adult theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
2. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
3. In Chapter Two, who says, "put his head in a toilet"?
4. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
5. Who is Nate Baxter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Biloxi cops go to Murphy's house to search for his dead body?
2. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
3. What is known about the contract killer?
4. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
5. Where is Didi Gee's office located, and what type of businesses are run from there?
6. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
7. What does the reader find out about General Abshire in Chapter Eight?
8. Describe Cletus Purcel.
9. What does Cletus do that escalates the situation with Segura in Chapter Four?
10. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)