|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) His Cajun blood.
(b) He is conscious.
(c) He is in the driver's seat.
(d) He is thrown from the car.
2. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
3. Who asks Dave and Cletus if they "salted the mine shaft"?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(c) Captain Guidry.
4. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
(b) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
(c) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
(d) Dave has a bad feeling.
5. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
(c) Didi Gee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, who is mentioned as having served as a Green Beret in Vietnam?
2. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
3. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
4. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
5. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cletus do that escalates the situation with Segura in Chapter Four?
2. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
3. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
4. What is Fitzpatrick's theory about what Segura is doing?
5. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
6. Why is Fitzpatrick angry with Dave in Chapter Five?
7. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
8. Where is Dave stationed?
9. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
10. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)