|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(d) Sex crimes.
2. According to Dave, where does Didi Gee have lunch every Tuesday?
(a) El Gato Negro.
(b) Jimmy the Gent's.
(d) Cafe Giovanni.
3. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
(a) Do not go anywhere without a gun.
(b) Never trust anyone.
(c) Never trust authority.
(d) Do not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
4. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
(a) Watching the sunset.
(b) Cleaning his guns.
(c) Talking on the telephone.
(d) Having a beer.
5. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(a) Buick Skylark.
(b) Mercedes Benz.
(d) Ford F-10 pickup.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, who believes that Dave is covering for Cletus?
2. Who is Jimmie?
3. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
4. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
5. What type of cigarette does the man in the raincoat smoke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
2. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
3. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
4. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
5. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
6. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
7. What does Cletus do that escalates the situation with Segura in Chapter Four?
8. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
9. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
10. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)