|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dave, where does Didi Gee have lunch every Tuesday?
(a) Jimmy the Gent's.
(b) Cafe Giovanni.
(d) El Gato Negro.
2. Who is the manager of the dance club where Dave goes in Chapter Five?
(a) Mr. Rizzo.
(b) Sal Gallo.
(c) Didi Gee.
3. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
(b) His mother.
4. On what street is Jimmie's restaurant located?
5. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
(b) A member of Annie's quartet.
(c) Segura's girlfriend.
(d) A cop at the First District.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
2. Where did Dave grow up?
3. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
4. Who says, "Teaching you what a real bad day can be"?
5. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
2. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
3. Where is Dave stationed?
4. What types of pistols does Dave own?
5. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
6. What does Dave learn in Chapter Five that is related to the execution of Johnny Messina.
7. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
8. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
9. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
10. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)