|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dave get his .45 automatic?
(a) Da Nang.
(c) New Iberia.
(d) New Orleans.
2. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) He is thrown from the car.
(b) His Cajun blood.
(c) He is in the driver's seat.
(d) He is conscious.
3. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
(b) .45 automatic.
(d) .38 revolver.
4. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(a) Ford F-10 pickup.
(b) Mercedes Benz.
(d) Buick Skylark.
5. According to Potts, Segura's men once worked in what Latin American country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
2. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
3. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
4. What is myth number two?
5. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
2. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
3. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
4. When Dave first begins tailing Cletus, he notices that Cletus is hung over and apparently has a real problem with alcohol. What does Dave predict for Cletus's day?
5. What does Annie do and feel when she wakes up to find Dave has gone following their first night together?
6. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
7. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
8. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
9. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
10. Describe Cletus Purcel.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)