|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave drinking while he waits for Fitzpatrick to pick him up in Chapter Five?
(a) Dr. Pepper with a slice of lime.
(b) Vanilla coke.
(c) Jax beer.
(d) Perrier with lemon.
2. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(a) Buick Skylark.
(c) Mercedes Benz.
(d) Ford F-10 pickup.
3. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Dave's half-brother.
(b) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(c) One of Segura's men.
(d) Annie's neighor.
4. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
(b) Didi Gee.
5. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
(b) Lieutenant Mack.
(c) Captain Guidry.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
2. Who is Lovelace Deshotels?
3. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
4. Who says, "Teaching you what a real bad day can be"?
5. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What types of pistols does Dave own?
2. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
3. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
4. Why is Fitzpatrick angry with Dave in Chapter Five?
5. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
6. Where is Dave stationed?
7. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
8. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
9. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
10. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)