Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(b) Lieutenant Mack.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
2. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
(a) Finding an African-American girl in Bayou Lafourche.
(b) Shooting a Colombian gang member.
(c) Arresting one of their contacts.
(d) Siding with the Mexican gang.
3. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) The younger deputy.
(d) The older deputy.
4. What newspaper does Dave buy in Chapter One?
(c) "Times Herald."
(d) "Morning News."
5. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Teaching you what a real bad day can be"?
2. What is myth number two?
3. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
4. In Chapter Seven, whom does Dave call to harass from the bar?
5. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue does Andres give Dave about weapons?
2. Andres is brought to Dave's houseboat in Chapter Nine by Didi Gee's men. Where has Dave seen Andres before?
3. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
4. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
5. Dave confronts Cletus one last time in Chapter Eleven. What does he tell Cletus he can do?
6. What types of pistols does Dave own?
7. About what incident from her past does Annie tell Dave in Chapter Eleven?
8. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
9. As Dave sits in jail without enough money for bail, he thinks it is perhaps the lowest morning of his life with the exception of what incident?
10. Describe the incident Dave's platoon had with the Water Buffalo in Vietnam.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)