|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He was a bouree dealer.
(b) He was unemployed.
(c) He worked on oil rigs.
(d) He worked as a trapper.
2. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
(a) Jackson Square.
(b) Roussel Performance Hall.
(c) Tulane campus.
(d) Xavier campus.
3. Who is the man with the tattoo in Chapter Three?
(b) Bobby Joe.
4. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(b) Segura's driver.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Wesley Potts.
5. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
(a) That he is a two-star general.
(b) That he is a gun runner.
(c) That he is the one who killed Bobby Joe.
(d) That he works with Segura.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what neighborhood does Annie live?
2. Who is Gail Lopez?
3. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
4. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
5. Fitzpatrick is in charge of monitoring what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
2. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
3. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
4. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
5. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
6. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
7. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
8. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
9. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
10. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)