|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Dave's half-brother.
(b) One of Segura's men.
(c) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(d) Annie's neighor.
2. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) He is conscious.
(b) His Cajun blood.
(c) He is thrown from the car.
(d) He is in the driver's seat.
3. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
4. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The younger deputy.
(c) The older deputy.
5. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He worked on oil rigs.
(b) He was unemployed.
(c) He was a bouree dealer.
(d) He worked as a trapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
2. What are the pro-capital punishment people singing in Chapter One?
3. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
4. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
5. What color are Annie's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how does the reader first find out about Dave's time in Vietnam?
2. What does Dave learn about his partner from Julio Segura?
3. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
4. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
5. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
6. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
7. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
8. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
9. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
10. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)