|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
2. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The older deputy.
(c) The younger deputy.
3. Rumor has it that who owns an aquarium filled with piranha?
(a) Sharky Bonnano.
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Jimmy, the Gent.
(d) Julio Segura.
4. According to Dave, what is a busthead boilermaker?
(a) Jack Daniels and draft beer.
(b) Jim Beam straight up with tequila chasers.
(c) Vodka shots.
(d) Beer and tequila.
5. Where does Dave find Bobby Joe Starkweather in Chapter Seven?
(a) In a warehouse.
(b) In Pott's adult theatre.
(c) In a pig pen.
(d) On his houseboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
2. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
3. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
4. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
5. Who is Gail Lopez?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
2. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
3. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
4. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
5. What does Cletus do that escalates the situation with Segura in Chapter Four?
6. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
7. Where is Dave stationed?
8. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
9. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
10. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)