|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
2. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
(c) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
3. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
(a) Siding with the Mexican gang.
(b) Arresting one of their contacts.
(c) Shooting a Colombian gang member.
(d) Finding an African-American girl in Bayou Lafourche.
4. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He was unemployed.
(b) He worked on oil rigs.
(c) He was a bouree dealer.
(d) He worked as a trapper.
5. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(a) Didi Gee.
(c) Segura's driver.
(d) Wesley Potts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the manager of the dance club where Dave goes in Chapter Five?
2. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
3. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
4. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
5. Who is Lovelace Deshotels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
2. What does Dave learn in Chapter Five that is related to the execution of Johnny Messina.
3. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
4. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
5. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
6. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
7. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
8. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
9. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
10. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)