|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, who is mentioned as having served as a Green Beret in Vietnam?
(a) Wesley Potts.
(c) Bobby Joe.
(d) Philip Murphy.
2. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
(a) Julio Segura's.
(b) Sergeant Motley's.
(c) The Cataouatche Parish sheriff's.
(d) Captain Guidry's.
3. What does Dave do with the two guns from the deputies who stop him?
(a) He tosses the guns in their car.
(b) He throws the guns into the woods.
(c) He throws the guns into the lake.
(d) He keeps the guns.
4. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(a) Buick Skylark.
(c) Mercedes Benz.
(d) Ford F-10 pickup.
5. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
(b) Didi Gee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
2. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
3. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
4. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
5. On what street is Jimmie's restaurant located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
2. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
3. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
4. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
5. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
6. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
7. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
8. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
9. In Chapter Two, what is it about the dead girl that makes Dave suspicious?
10. What is Fitzpatrick's theory about what Segura is doing?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)