|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jimmie?
(a) One of Segura's men.
(b) Annie's neighor.
(c) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(d) Dave's half-brother.
2. Where did Dave grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New Iberia.
(d) Baton Rouge.
3. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Dave Robicheaux.
(b) Julio Segura.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Bobby Jo.
4. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Segura's driver.
(d) Wesley Potts.
5. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
(a) Jefferson Davis.
(b) Philip Murphy.
(c) Sam Fitzpatrick.
(d) Bill McMahon.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
2. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
3. Fitzpatrick is in charge of monitoring what?
4. Where does Dave find Bobby Joe Starkweather in Chapter Seven?
5. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and how does the reader first find out about Dave's time in Vietnam?
2. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
3. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
4. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
5. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
6. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
7. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
8. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
9. What does Dave learn in Chapter Five that is related to the execution of Johnny Messina.
10. What does Dave do to convince Annie Ballard that he is a New Orleans's cop?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)