|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Dave park his car when they visit Wesley Potts?
2. Who asks Dave and Cletus if they "salted the mine shaft"?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(b) Captain Guidry.
3. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
4. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
(c) Captain Guidry.
(d) Man in the raincoat.
5. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
(c) Didi Gee.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
2. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
3. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
4. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
5. What is Dave drinking while he waits for Fitzpatrick to pick him up in Chapter Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
2. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
3. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
4. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
5. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
6. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
7. What does Dave learn about Bobby Joe Starkweather from Wesley Potts?
8. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
9. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
10. Where is Dave stationed?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)