|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
(a) "New Orleans Ladies."
(b) "Midnight Mama."
(c) "All You Need is Love."
(d) Tchaikovsky's "First Concerto."
2. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
(b) Bobby Joe.
3. According to Dave, where does Didi Gee have lunch every Tuesday?
(b) El Gato Negro.
(c) Cafe Giovanni.
(d) Jimmy the Gent's.
4. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
(a) King St.
(b) Bourbon St.
(c) Louisiana Ave.
(d) Dauphin Ave.
5. Fitzpatrick is in charge of monitoring what?
(a) Elected officials.
(b) Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
(d) Drugs and alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do with the two guns from the deputies who stop him?
2. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
3. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
4. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
5. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
2. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
3. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
4. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
5. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
6. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
7. Why is Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish deputies who pull him over?
8. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
9. Why is Fitzpatrick angry with Dave in Chapter Five?
10. What does Dave learn about his partner from Julio Segura?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)