|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
(a) Tchaikovsky's "First Concerto."
(b) "Midnight Mama."
(c) "All You Need is Love."
(d) "New Orleans Ladies."
2. Where did Dave get his .45 automatic?
(b) Da Nang.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New Iberia.
3. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
(a) That the IRS is checking his returns.
(b) That they are closing down his prostitution ring.
(c) That they are contacting the FBI.
(d) That the police will be watching.
4. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
(c) Didi Gee.
5. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who says, "put his head in a toilet"?
2. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
3. In Chapter Seven, who is mentioned as having served as a Green Beret in Vietnam?
4. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
5. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fitzpatrick angry with Dave in Chapter Five?
2. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
3. What does Dave do with the the glass from which the Nicaraguan is drinking, and why?
4. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
5. What does Dave tell Captain Guidry about Cletus in Chapter Eleven?
6. What was Dave's father's feelings about guns?
7. What does Didi Gee suggest the dead girl was doing before being killed?
8. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
9. What happens to Andres after Dave leaves him in police custody?
10. What does Dave do before asking Andres questions, and why?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)