|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) He is conscious.
(b) He is thrown from the car.
(c) He is in the driver's seat.
(d) His Cajun blood.
2. How many Southern Myths does Dave come up with in Chapter Three?
3. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
(a) Didoni Giacano.
(b) Jimmy Robicheaux.
(c) Mama Giacanao.
(d) Wesley Potts.
4. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
5. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
(a) Dave is rescued by Cletus.
(b) Dave throws up.
(c) Dave fights them off.
(d) Dave begins hallucinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
2. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
3. In Chapter Five, who believes that Dave is covering for Cletus?
4. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
5. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
2. Discuss Cletus' marital problems.
3. About what does Dave bait Murphy in the beginning of Chapter Seven that elicits a reaction from Murphy?
4. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
5. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
6. Dave sometimes thinks of whom as his "father's misplaced seed"?
7. Where is Dave stationed?
8. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
9. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
10. Describe Julio Segura in Chapter Two.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)