|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
(a) Wesley Potts.
(b) Didoni Giacano.
(c) Mama Giacanao.
(d) Jimmy Robicheaux.
2. What is Dave first answer when Annie asks him what is wrong in Chapter Six?
(d) Grief over Fitzpatrick's death.
3. Over what lake in New Orleans do Dave and Cletus drive after leaving Segura's?
(a) Lake Pontchartrain.
(b) Bayou D'Arbonne.
(c) Black Lake.
(d) Lake Claiborne.
4. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
(a) Dave is rescued by Cletus.
(b) Dave throws up.
(c) Dave fights them off.
(d) Dave begins hallucinating.
5. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Bobby Jo.
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Julio Segura.
(d) Dave Robicheaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
2. Who is Jimmie?
3. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
4. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
5. What are the pro-capital punishment people singing in Chapter One?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Dave after he has been given the cocktail?
2. Why is Fitzpatrick angry with Dave in Chapter Five?
3. In Chapter Two, what is it about the dead girl that makes Dave suspicious?
4. What jobs did the Robicheaux brothers have in their youth?
5. Describe Johnny Messina in Chapter One.
6. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
7. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
8. How does Cletus respond when Dave confronts him about provoking the situation with Segura and his man?
9. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
10. Describe Sam Fitzpatrick as seen in Chapter Three?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)