|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Julio Segura is real garbage"?
(a) Sam Fitzpatrick.
(b) Didi Gee.
2. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
(a) Didi Gee.
3. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
(a) Watching the sunset.
(b) Having a beer.
(c) Cleaning his guns.
(d) Talking on the telephone.
4. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
(a) That they are closing down his prostitution ring.
(b) That the police will be watching.
(c) That the IRS is checking his returns.
(d) That they are contacting the FBI.
5. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
(a) Wine, whiskey, and beer.
(b) Bananas, coffee, and cheese.
(c) Shrimp, oysters, and other fish.
(d) Coconut, pineapple, and mango.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
2. Who claims to have a son at West Point?
3. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
4. How many Southern Myths does Dave come up with in Chapter Three?
5. In Chapter Two, who says, "put his head in a toilet"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dave is fishing on Bayou Lafourche in Cataouatche Parish?
2. In Chapter Two, what is it about the dead girl that makes Dave suspicious?
3. What concoction does Bobby Joe feed to Dave in Chapter Seven, and why?
4. What does Dave learn about his partner from Julio Segura?
5. What types of pistols does Dave own?
6. Why does Johnny, a criminal, want to give Dave, a cop, information? What information does he give him?
7. What clues make Dave suspicious of the Cataouatche Parish sheriff?
8. What does Dave learn about the woman who, according to Fitzpatrick, is a possible witness?
9. What piece of advice does Dave recall from his father in Chapter Seven?
10. Where, and with whom, does Dave greet the dawn at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)