|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
(a) Annie Ballard.
(b) Cletus Purcel.
(c) Jerome Abshire.
(d) Didi Gee.
2. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
(a) To pick up a prostitute.
(b) To a warehouse.
(c) A bar.
(d) The bus station.
3. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
(c) The hired killer who shot Jimmie.
(d) Didi Gee.
4. What did a journalist nickname General Abshire in 1966?
(b) The Happy Warrior.
(c) Mr. Westpoint.
5. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
(a) Nate Baxter.
(b) Captain Guidry.
(c) General Abshire.
6. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
(c) Didi Gee's fist.
(d) Ducks' eggs.
7. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
8. Where does Dave meet Didi Gee for lunch?
(a) Mama Lido's.
(c) Cafe Giovanni.
9. Who bails Dave out of jail?
(a) Captain Guidry.
10. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(a) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Billie Holiday.
11. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(b) Starkweather was going to expose him as a dirty cop.
(c) Because Starkweather beat up Dave.
(d) Starkweather was cutting off the supply of prostitutes.
12. Who says, "We use them. They use us. It keeps everyone in business"?
(c) Didi Gee.
13. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
(a) A birthmark.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A bruise.
(d) A pungi-stick scar.
14. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
(b) Shrimp gumbo and oysters.
(c) Poor boy.
(d) Fried fish.
15. Where does Didi Gee talks about moving?
(b) San Antonio.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
2. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
3. Who says, "You must get up in the morning and brush your teeth in the toilet"?
4. Where is the location of Jimmie's shooting?
5. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)