|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
(a) Didi Gee.
(d) The hired killer who shot Jimmie.
2. What is the isolation unit at the jail nicknamed?
(a) Queen's Row.
(b) The Nut House.
(d) Crazy Road.
3. What was Dave's wife's name?
4. What did a journalist nickname General Abshire in 1966?
(a) The Happy Warrior.
(d) Mr. Westpoint.
5. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(a) Starkweather was going to expose him as a dirty cop.
(c) Because Starkweather beat up Dave.
(d) Starkweather was cutting off the supply of prostitutes.
6. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(a) Billie Holiday.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
7. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
(a) Jefferson Parish Courthouse.
(b) Police reports.
(c) Times-Picayune newspaper.
(d) Information from a snitch.
8. How does Jimmie communicate with Dave from the hospital bed?
(a) Tracing something on Dave's skin.
(b) Tries to talk.
(c) His eyes.
(d) Sign language.
9. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
(a) Liquor store.
(c) Italian bakery.
(d) Real estate company.
10. Where do Dave and Annie move at the end of the book?
(b) Key West.
(c) New Iberia.
(d) French Quarter.
11. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) Miami Vice.
(b) Louisiana swamps.
(c) The Mickey Mouse show.
(d) La Brea Tar Pits East.
12. Where is the location of Jimmie's shooting?
(a) One of his restaurants.
(b) Public restroom.
(c) Jackson Square.
(d) At the Cafe du Monde.
13. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) The Garden District.
(b) New Iberia.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) French Quarter.
14. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
(a) Cuban horse trainer.
(c) Captain Guidry.
(d) His bartender.
15. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
(a) To pick up a prostitute.
(b) A bar.
(c) The bus station.
(d) To a warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
2. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
3. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
4. What drink does Dave miss from his childhood?
5. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)