|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
(b) Fort Lauderdale.
(c) New Orleans.
2. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
(a) Shrimp gumbo and oysters.
(b) Fried fish.
(c) Poor boy.
3. Dave confesses to whom about having killed Philip Murphy?
(a) Cletus and Annie.
(b) Annie and Captain Guidry.
(c) Jimmie and Cletus.
(d) Captain Guidry and Jimmie.
4. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Nate Baxter.
(c) Captain Guidry.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
5. What word does Dave associate with bureaucrats?
6. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Spit-and-polish procedure.
(b) Dusting-and-cleaning situation.
(c) All I can do.
(d) Snipping-and-sewing operation.
7. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
(a) That Baxter is a bad cop.
(b) That Baxter was out to get him.
(c) That Baxter refused to question a witness.
(d) That he does not like Baxter.
8. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
(a) A scratch.
(b) A birthmark.
(c) A pungi-stick scar.
(d) A bruise.
9. Where does Dave spend the night after first confronting the General?
(a) The drunk tank.
(b) Annie's house.
(c) His brother's house.
(d) His houseboat.
10. What drink does Dave miss from his childhood?
(b) Dr. Nut.
(c) RC Cola.
(d) Grape Nehi.
11. By what alias has Philip Murphy been going for his drug deals?
12. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
(b) Italian bakery.
(c) Real estate company.
(d) Liquor store.
13. What type of business does Dave buy with his retirement money?
(a) A detective agency.
(b) A boat-rental and bait business.
(c) A bar.
(d) A music store.
14. What does Jaime always wear on his head?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A stocking cap.
(d) A New York Yankees baseball cap.
15. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
(a) A drink.
(b) A five-mile run.
(c) A swim.
(d) A phone call.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
2. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
3. In Chapter Eight, the two boys from Dave's platoon who died were from where?
4. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
5. Who says, "You must get up in the morning and brush your teeth in the toilet"?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)