|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) "La Jolie Blonde."
(b) "Jailhouse Rock."
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) The waves on the lake.
2. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
(c) Captain Guidry.
3. Who bails Dave out of jail?
(b) Captain Guidry.
4. On what street is Murphy's house located in Biloxi?
(a) Bay Shore.
(d) Gulf Shore.
5. What rank did Jerome Abshire, Jr., hold?
6. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
(a) The General.
7. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
8. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
(a) General Abshire.
(c) Nate Baxter.
(d) Captain Guidry.
9. What word does Dave associate with bureaucrats?
10. Who says, "We use them. They use us. It keeps everyone in business"?
(c) Didi Gee.
11. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
(a) A pungi-stick scar.
(b) A bruise.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A scratch.
12. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(b) Cuban horse trainer.
(c) His bartender.
13. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(a) The Lions Club.
(b) Knights of Columbus.
(c) The Rotary Club.
14. What does Dave serve Andres to drink?
(b) Dr. Pepper.
(c) Jim Beam.
15. What type of business does Dave buy with his retirement money?
(a) A boat-rental and bait business.
(b) A music store.
(c) A bar.
(d) A detective agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
2. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
3. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
4. Beauvoir is referred to as what in Chapter Ten?
5. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)