|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) Miami Vice.
(b) Louisiana swamps.
(c) The Mickey Mouse show.
(d) La Brea Tar Pits East.
2. What did Dave's father give him when he went away to college?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) Fishing equipment.
(d) Remington twelve-gauge shotgun.
3. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
(c) The hired killer who shot Jimmie.
(d) Didi Gee.
4. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
(a) Police reports.
(b) Information from a snitch.
(c) Times-Picayune newspaper.
(d) Jefferson Parish Courthouse.
5. From where is the postcard that Dave receives from Cletus mailed?
6. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
7. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
(a) Liquor store.
(c) Real estate company.
(d) Italian bakery.
8. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) New Iberia.
(b) The Garden District.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) French Quarter.
9. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
(c) Rat poison.
10. What does Dave prepare to eat before visiting Annie and the Times-Picayune in Chapter Eight?
(b) Poor-boy sandwich.
(d) Peanut butter sandwich.
11. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(b) The clerk in the store.
(c) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
(d) Didi Gee.
12. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(b) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
(c) Billie Holiday.
(d) Louis Armstrong.
13. What was Dave's wife's name?
14. Where does Dave spend the night after first confronting the General?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) His houseboat.
(c) Annie's house.
(d) The drunk tank.
15. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
(a) Roses and pralines.
(b) A drink.
(c) Tulips and a grape drink.
(d) Daisies and a melon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
2. Where did Dave learn to box?
3. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
4. Why is Andres' left hand bandaged?
5. Who says, "Loving a girl should include making her miserable"?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)