|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Dave make friends in the hospital where his brother is?
(a) His brother's nurse from New Iberia.
(b) A Catholic sister from France.
(c) An elderly Cajun lady from Thibodaux.
(d) A surgical resident from India.
2. Who says, "You must get up in the morning and brush your teeth in the toilet"?
(d) Fitzpatrick's superviser.
3. What is the isolation unit at the jail nicknamed?
(a) Queen's Row.
(c) The Nut House.
(d) Crazy Road.
4. What does Cletus wear to the station on his day off in Chapter Nine"
(a) A suit.
(b) Jeans and an Izod shirt.
(c) A Mardi Grass shirt and sweat pants.
(d) A cut-off LSU shirt and Budweiser shorts.
5. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
(a) Annie Ballard.
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Jerome Abshire.
(d) Cletus Purcel.
6. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
(a) Cuban horse trainer.
(b) His bartender.
(d) Captain Guidry.
7. By what alias has Philip Murphy been going for his drug deals?
8. When Dave has his first visit with Annie after the shooting, she looks like what to him?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An innocent.
(c) A woman that would break his heart.
(d) A flower child.
9. What word does Dave associate with bureaucrats?
10. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
11. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
(a) Real estate company.
(b) Liquor store.
(d) Italian bakery.
12. Who says, "We use them. They use us. It keeps everyone in business"?
(a) Didi Gee.
13. What does Dave serve Andres to drink?
(b) Jim Beam.
(d) Dr. Pepper.
14. How long has Captain Guidry worked as a cop?
(a) Thirty-two years.
(b) Twenty-six years.
(c) Thirty-five years.
(d) Twenty-nine years.
15. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) New Iberia.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Garden District.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dave's father give him when he went away to college?
2. Who wanted Starkweather dead?
3. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
4. From where is the postcard that Dave receives from Cletus mailed?
5. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)