|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) The clerk in the store.
(d) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
2. What word does Dave associate with bureaucrats?
3. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) The hired killer who shot Jimmie.
4. Where does Didi Gee talks about moving?
(b) San Antonio.
5. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Fort Lauderdale.
6. What charges are on the complaint that Dave files against the Nicaraguan?
(a) Breaking and entering, kidnapping, and assault.
(b) Assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, and homicide.
(c) Illegal immigrant, kidnapping, and assault.
(d) Assault, possesion, and manslaughter.
7. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
(a) All I can do.
(b) Dusting-and-cleaning situation.
(c) Spit-and-polish procedure.
(d) Snipping-and-sewing operation.
8. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
(d) Captain Guidry.
9. How does Jimmie communicate with Dave from the hospital bed?
(a) Tracing something on Dave's skin.
(b) His eyes.
(c) Tries to talk.
(d) Sign language.
10. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
(b) Ducks' eggs.
(d) Didi Gee's fist.
11. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
(c) National Guard.
12. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
13. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
(a) A drink.
(b) A swim.
(c) A phone call.
(d) A five-mile run.
14. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(b) Billie Holiday.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
15. What does Annie cook on Dave's stove in Chapter Eight?
(a) Bass filets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bails Dave out of jail?
2. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
3. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
4. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
5. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)