|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Dave charged?
(a) Carrying a concealed firearm.
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Breaking and entering.
(d) Public drunkenness.
2. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
(b) Rat poison.
3. Who places Dave in a holding cell?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(d) Captain Guidry.
4. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
(a) A bruise.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A pungi-stick scar.
5. What charges are on the complaint that Dave files against the Nicaraguan?
(a) Assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, and homicide.
(b) Assault, possesion, and manslaughter.
(c) Illegal immigrant, kidnapping, and assault.
(d) Breaking and entering, kidnapping, and assault.
6. Beauvoir is referred to as what in Chapter Ten?
(a) A waiter at the restaurant.
(b) A town on the Gulf Coast.
(c) A street in Biloxi.
(d) Jefferson Davis' home.
7. Where is the location of Jimmie's shooting?
(a) Public restroom.
(b) At the Cafe du Monde.
(c) One of his restaurants.
(d) Jackson Square.
8. What drink does Dave miss from his childhood?
(a) Grape Nehi.
(b) RC Cola.
(c) Dr. Nut.
9. Whom does Dave observe watching his houseboat before driving away in a gunmetal gray Chrysler?
(a) A federal agent.
(b) General Abshire.
(d) Nate Baxter.
10. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
(b) The General.
11. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) New Iberia.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Garden District.
12. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
(a) Italian bakery.
(b) Liquor store.
(d) Real estate company.
13. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
14. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(c) New Orleans.
15. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) Louisiana swamps.
(b) Miami Vice.
(c) The Mickey Mouse show.
(d) La Brea Tar Pits East.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
2. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
3. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
4. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
5. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)