|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
2. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) Louis Armstrong.
(b) "La Jolie Blonde."
(c) "Jailhouse Rock."
(d) The waves on the lake.
3. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(a) Louis Armstrong.
(b) Billie Holiday.
(d) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
4. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) The Mickey Mouse show.
(b) Miami Vice.
(c) Louisiana swamps.
(d) La Brea Tar Pits East.
5. Who says, "Loving a girl should include making her miserable"?
(d) Captain Guidry.
6. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
(a) Rat poison.
7. In what type of car does Andres arrive at Dave's houseboat?
8. Who reveals that Philip Murphy is a morphine addict?
(b) Bobby Joe.
9. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
10. What does Cletus' sun porch resemble?
(a) A place to be condemned.
(b) A leaky boat.
(c) Four boards nailed together.
(d) A crackerbox.
11. How does Jimmie communicate with Dave from the hospital bed?
(a) Tracing something on Dave's skin.
(b) Tries to talk.
(c) His eyes.
(d) Sign language.
12. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) The Garden District.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) New Iberia.
(d) Audubon Park.
13. Where did Dave learn to box?
(b) Lafayette College.
(c) New Iberia High.
14. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
(a) "A Passage to India."
(b) "A Farewell to Arms."
(c) "A History of the South."
(d) "To Kill a Mockingbird."
15. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(b) Starkweather was cutting off the supply of prostitutes.
(c) Starkweather was going to expose him as a dirty cop.
(d) Because Starkweather beat up Dave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
2. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
3. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
4. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
5. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)