|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
(d) The clerk in the store.
2. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
(d) Rat poison.
3. Who does Dave know that lives near St. Mary's Dominican College?
(b) Captain Guidry.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
4. According to Dave, who has "a real dose of the yellow-dog blues"?
(c) The General.
5. From what era are the homes in the Garden District described in Chapter Eight?
6. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(a) The Lions Club.
(b) The Rotary Club.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
7. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) The Mickey Mouse show.
(b) Louisiana swamps.
(c) Miami Vice.
(d) La Brea Tar Pits East.
8. Where does Didi Gee talks about moving?
(b) San Antonio.
9. How long has Captain Guidry worked as a cop?
(a) Thirty-two years.
(b) Twenty-six years.
(c) Twenty-nine years.
(d) Thirty-five years.
10. What rank did Jerome Abshire, Jr., hold?
11. Who bails Dave out of jail?
(b) Captain Guidry.
12. When Dave has his first visit with Annie after the shooting, she looks like what to him?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An innocent.
(c) A woman that would break his heart.
(d) A flower child.
13. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
(a) Captain Guidry.
14. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
(a) Daisies and a melon.
(b) Roses and pralines.
(c) A drink.
(d) Tulips and a grape drink.
15. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
(a) Nate Baxter.
(c) Didi Gee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
2. What does Dave suggest to the General that he should read?
3. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
4. With what is Dave charged?
5. Who says, "You must get up in the morning and brush your teeth in the toilet"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)