|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(b) Knights of Columbus.
(c) The Lions Club.
(d) The Rotary Club.
2. What does Annie cook on Dave's stove in Chapter Eight?
(c) Bass filets.
3. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(b) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Billie Holiday.
4. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
(b) Sergeant Motley.
5. Who bails Dave out of jail?
(c) Captain Guidry.
6. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
(a) That Baxter was out to get him.
(b) That he does not like Baxter.
(c) That Baxter is a bad cop.
(d) That Baxter refused to question a witness.
7. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(a) Didi Gee.
(c) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
(d) The clerk in the store.
8. Who reveals that Philip Murphy is a morphine addict?
(c) Bobby Joe.
9. What does Dave suggest to the General that he should read?
(a) The Bible.
(b) "A Passage to India."
(c) "A Thousand Days."
(d) Saint John of the Cross.
10. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
(a) "A Farewell to Arms."
(b) "A Passage to India."
(c) "A History of the South."
(d) "To Kill a Mockingbird."
11. In Chapter Eight, the two boys from Dave's platoon who died were from where?
(a) Lafayette, Louisiana.
(b) Conroe, Texas.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Macon, Georgia.
12. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
(a) Getting drunk.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Tying some flies.
(d) Taking a nap.
13. Where do Dave and Annie move at the end of the book?
(a) New Iberia.
(c) Key West.
(d) French Quarter.
14. Where does Dave spend the night after first confronting the General?
(a) His houseboat.
(b) Annie's house.
(c) The drunk tank.
(d) His brother's house.
15. What type of business does Dave buy with his retirement money?
(a) A music store.
(b) A boat-rental and bait business.
(c) A detective agency.
(d) A bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cletus' sun porch resemble?
2. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
3. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
4. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
5. On what street is Murphy's house located in Biloxi?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)