|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who places Dave in a holding cell?
(b) Sergeant Motley.
(c) Captain Guidry.
2. Where did Dave learn to box?
(a) Lafayette College.
(b) New Iberia High.
3. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) Louis Armstrong.
(b) "La Jolie Blonde."
(c) "Jailhouse Rock."
(d) The waves on the lake.
4. What type of business does Dave buy with his retirement money?
(a) A bar.
(b) A boat-rental and bait business.
(c) A music store.
(d) A detective agency.
5. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Snipping-and-sewing operation.
(b) All I can do.
(c) Dusting-and-cleaning situation.
(d) Spit-and-polish procedure.
6. Who wanted Starkweather dead?
(a) Philip Murphy.
(b) The General.
(d) Didi Gee.
7. Who says, "You must get up in the morning and brush your teeth in the toilet"?
(a) Fitzpatrick's superviser.
8. Dave takes two weeks of vacation with Annie. Where do they go?
(d) Key West.
9. Who does Dave know that lives near St. Mary's Dominican College?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(c) Sergeant Motley.
10. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
(a) Liquor store.
(b) Real estate company.
(c) Italian bakery.
11. Who says, "We use them. They use us. It keeps everyone in business"?
(c) Didi Gee.
12. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(b) Nate Baxter.
(c) Captain Guidry.
13. What does Cletus wear to the station on his day off in Chapter Nine"
(a) A Mardi Grass shirt and sweat pants.
(b) A cut-off LSU shirt and Budweiser shorts.
(c) A suit.
(d) Jeans and an Izod shirt.
14. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) The hired killer who shot Jimmie.
15. When Dave visits Jimmie in the hospital after his trip to Biloxi, it appears to Dave that Jimmie's hands and face are painted with what?
(c) Wet ash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Andres' left hand bandaged?
2. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
3. Where is the location of Jimmie's shooting?
4. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
5. Where is Dave's morning AA meeting located in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)