|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) "La Jolie Blonde."
(b) "Jailhouse Rock."
(c) The waves on the lake.
(d) Louis Armstrong.
2. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
(a) A bruise.
(b) A pungi-stick scar.
(c) A scratch.
(d) A birthmark.
3. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(b) Sergeant Motley.
(d) Nate Baxter.
4. What was Dave's wife's name?
5. What rank did Jerome Abshire, Jr., hold?
6. On what street is Murphy's house located in Biloxi?
(a) Bay Shore.
(c) Gulf Shore.
7. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
(a) "A History of the South."
(b) "A Farewell to Arms."
(c) "A Passage to India."
(d) "To Kill a Mockingbird."
8. Why is Andres' left hand bandaged?
(a) No one knows.
(b) It was in a tank with piranha.
(c) It was put in a vise.
(d) His fingers were broken.
9. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
(c) Captain Guidry.
10. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Tying some flies.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Watching TV.
11. Where do Dave and Annie move at the end of the book?
(a) French Quarter.
(b) Key West.
(d) New Iberia.
12. Who tells Dave that he could have bonded him out in fifteen minutes?
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) The General.
13. What does Jaime always wear on his head?
(a) A stocking cap.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A New York Yankees baseball cap.
(d) A fedora.
14. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
(d) National Guard.
15. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
(b) Sergeant Motley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
2. Whom does Dave observe watching his houseboat before driving away in a gunmetal gray Chrysler?
3. From where is the postcard that Dave receives from Cletus mailed?
4. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
5. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)