|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave suggest to the General that he should read?
(a) "A Passage to India."
(b) "A Thousand Days."
(c) Saint John of the Cross.
(d) The Bible.
2. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
(d) Sergeant Motley.
3. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Nate Baxter.
(c) Captain Guidry.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
4. Where does Cletus talk about going for his upcoming vacation?
(c) New York.
5. Who approaches Dave in Jackson Square about meeting with Didi Gee?
(a) Frank Giacano.
(c) Joe Milazzo.
(d) Mario Cannella.
6. Where is Dave's morning AA meeting located in Chapter Ten?
(a) Near Lake Ponchartrain.
(b) Near the police station.
(c) French Quarter.
(d) Garden District.
7. Why is Andres' left hand bandaged?
(a) It was in a tank with piranha.
(b) It was put in a vise.
(c) No one knows.
(d) His fingers were broken.
8. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(a) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
(b) Didi Gee.
(d) The clerk in the store.
9. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(c) Nate Baxter.
(d) General Abshire.
10. With whom does Dave make friends in the hospital where his brother is?
(a) A Catholic sister from France.
(b) A surgical resident from India.
(c) An elderly Cajun lady from Thibodaux.
(d) His brother's nurse from New Iberia.
11. As Chapter Eight ends, what color are the palm trees against the sky?
12. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
(c) National Guard.
13. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Tying some flies.
(d) Watching TV.
14. What is the isolation unit at the jail nicknamed?
(a) Queen's Row.
(c) The Nut House.
(d) Crazy Road.
15. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Dusting-and-cleaning situation.
(b) Spit-and-polish procedure.
(c) All I can do.
(d) Snipping-and-sewing operation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dave learn to box?
2. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
3. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
4. Who places Dave in a holding cell?
5. Whom does Dave observe watching his houseboat before driving away in a gunmetal gray Chrysler?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)