|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is the postcard that Dave receives from Cletus mailed?
2. Where is the location of Jimmie's shooting?
(a) One of his restaurants.
(b) Public restroom.
(c) Jackson Square.
(d) At the Cafe du Monde.
3. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
(a) Times-Picayune newspaper.
(b) Police reports.
(c) Jefferson Parish Courthouse.
(d) Information from a snitch.
4. By what alias has Philip Murphy been going for his drug deals?
5. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
(a) A bar.
(b) To a warehouse.
(c) The bus station.
(d) To pick up a prostitute.
6. What does Dave prepare to eat before visiting Annie and the Times-Picayune in Chapter Eight?
(b) Poor-boy sandwich.
(d) Peanut butter sandwich.
7. In what area of New Orleans does General Abshire live?
(a) French Quarter.
(b) New Iberia.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) The Garden District.
8. What is the isolation unit at the jail nicknamed?
(a) Crazy Road.
(b) Queen's Row.
(c) The Nut House.
9. How does Jimmie communicate with Dave from the hospital bed?
(a) Tries to talk.
(b) Sign language.
(c) Tracing something on Dave's skin.
(d) His eyes.
10. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
11. Who wanted Starkweather dead?
(b) The General.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Philip Murphy.
12. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) La Brea Tar Pits East.
(b) The Mickey Mouse show.
(c) Louisiana swamps.
(d) Miami Vice.
13. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(c) Nate Baxter.
(d) Captain Guidry.
14. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
(a) Poor boy.
(b) Fried fish.
(c) Shrimp gumbo and oysters.
15. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(a) The Rotary Club.
(b) The Lions Club.
(d) Knights of Columbus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dave's morning AA meeting located in Chapter Ten?
2. In Chapter Eight, the two boys from Dave's platoon who died were from where?
3. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
4. With whom does Dave make friends in the hospital where his brother is?
5. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)