|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of car does Andres arrive at Dave's houseboat?
2. What word does Dave associate with bureaucrats?
3. Who places Dave in a holding cell?
(c) Captain Guidry.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
4. From what era are the homes in the Garden District described in Chapter Eight?
5. What was Andres forced to drink in Nicaragua?
(a) Rat poison.
6. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
(a) The hired killer who shot Jimmie.
(d) Didi Gee.
7. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Dusting-and-cleaning situation.
(b) Snipping-and-sewing operation.
(c) All I can do.
(d) Spit-and-polish procedure.
8. Who does Dave know that lives near St. Mary's Dominican College?
(b) Sergeant Motley.
(d) Captain Guidry.
9. In Chapter 12, where does Dave discover the location of the warehouse?
(a) Police reports.
(b) Times-Picayune newspaper.
(c) Information from a snitch.
(d) Jefferson Parish Courthouse.
10. When Dave visits Jimmie in the hospital after his trip to Biloxi, it appears to Dave that Jimmie's hands and face are painted with what?
(c) Wet ash.
11. In Chapter Nine, Dave starts his day with what?
(a) A phone call.
(b) A swim.
(c) A drink.
(d) A five-mile run.
12. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
(b) Captain Guidry.
13. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
(a) That he does not like Baxter.
(b) That Baxter was out to get him.
(c) That Baxter is a bad cop.
(d) That Baxter refused to question a witness.
14. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
(b) The General.
(d) Serial killer.
15. Who wanted Starkweather dead?
(b) Philip Murphy.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) The General.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jimmie communicate with Dave from the hospital bed?
2. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
3. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
4. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
5. What does Dave suggest to the General that he should read?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)