|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a journalist nickname General Abshire in 1966?
(b) The Happy Warrior.
(d) Mr. Westpoint.
2. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(a) The clerk in the store.
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
3. What type of business does Dave buy with his retirement money?
(a) A detective agency.
(b) A music store.
(c) A boat-rental and bait business.
(d) A bar.
4. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Tying some flies.
5. How long has Captain Guidry worked as a cop?
(a) Thirty-two years.
(b) Twenty-nine years.
(c) Thirty-five years.
(d) Twenty-six years.
6. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
(a) A drink.
(b) Tulips and a grape drink.
(c) Daisies and a melon.
(d) Roses and pralines.
7. Who says, "Loving a girl should include making her miserable"?
(b) Captain Guidry.
8. Where does Cletus talk about going for his upcoming vacation?
(d) New York.
9. Where does Dave spend the night after first confronting the General?
(a) His brother's house.
(b) The drunk tank.
(c) Annie's house.
(d) His houseboat.
10. What is the isolation unit at the jail nicknamed?
(b) Queen's Row.
(c) The Nut House.
(d) Crazy Road.
11. Where did Dave learn to box?
(c) New Iberia High.
(d) Lafayette College.
12. What charges are on the complaint that Dave files against the Nicaraguan?
(a) Illegal immigrant, kidnapping, and assault.
(b) Assault with a deadly weapon, kidnapping, and homicide.
(c) Assault, possesion, and manslaughter.
(d) Breaking and entering, kidnapping, and assault.
13. Who says, "You must get up in the morning and brush your teeth in the toilet"?
(c) Fitzpatrick's superviser.
14. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
(b) National Guard.
15. What does Jaime always wear on his head?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A stocking cap.
(d) A New York Yankees baseball cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
2. Who tells Dave that he could have bonded him out in fifteen minutes?
3. Dave talks to the General about IPs. What does IP stand for as it is used in "The Neon Rain"?
4. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
5. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)