|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals that Philip Murphy is a morphine addict?
(b) Bobby Joe.
2. Who says, "Loving a girl should include making her miserable"?
(c) Captain Guidry.
3. What does Cletus wear to the station on his day off in Chapter Nine"
(a) Jeans and an Izod shirt.
(b) A cut-off LSU shirt and Budweiser shorts.
(c) A suit.
(d) A Mardi Grass shirt and sweat pants.
4. In Chapter Eight, the two boys from Dave's platoon who died were from where?
(a) Lafayette, Louisiana.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Conroe, Texas.
(d) Macon, Georgia.
5. What does Dave have for dinner before visiting Cletus?
(a) Poor boy.
(c) Shrimp gumbo and oysters.
(d) Fried fish.
6. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
7. What rank did Jerome Abshire, Jr., hold?
8. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
(a) A bruise.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A pungi-stick scar.
(d) A birthmark.
9. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
(b) National Guard.
10. What was Dave's wife's name?
11. Who bails Dave out of jail?
(d) Captain Guidry.
12. When Dave tails Cletus, where does he see Cletus go both at the beginning and end of his shift?
(a) The bus station.
(b) To pick up a prostitute.
(c) A bar.
(d) To a warehouse.
13. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
(a) The General.
(d) Serial killer.
14. Whom does Dave first contact about bringing in one of the men who killed Fitzpatrick?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(b) Nate Baxter.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
15. What type of business does Dave buy with his retirement money?
(a) A detective agency.
(b) A boat-rental and bait business.
(c) A bar.
(d) A music store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dave and Annie move at the end of the book?
2. What does Dave read while waiting for the valet at the Gulf Shores restaurant?
3. How long has Captain Guidry worked as a cop?
4. Who wanted Starkweather dead?
5. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)