|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Dave charged?
(a) Assault and battery.
(b) Breaking and entering.
(c) Public drunkenness.
(d) Carrying a concealed firearm.
2. In what type of car does Andres arrive at Dave's houseboat?
3. What mark is on Dave's stomach?
(a) A pungi-stick scar.
(b) A scratch.
(c) A birthmark.
(d) A bruise.
4. What is Cletus doing when Dave stops by his house for a visit?
(a) Tying some flies.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Taking a nap.
5. What does Dave serve Andres to drink?
(a) Jim Beam.
(c) Dr. Pepper.
6. Who places Dave in a holding cell?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(c) Captain Guidry.
7. Who was part of the Underground Railway?
(a) Dave's grandparents.
(b) Annie's great-grandparents.
(c) The great-grandparents of Annie's date.
(d) Bill Anderson.
8. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(b) Knights of Columbus.
(c) The Rotary Club.
(d) The Lions Club.
9. What is Cletus' reason for killing Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(a) Because Starkweather beat up Dave.
(b) Starkweather was cutting off the supply of prostitutes.
(d) Starkweather was going to expose him as a dirty cop.
10. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
(a) All I can do.
(b) Snipping-and-sewing operation.
(c) Dusting-and-cleaning situation.
(d) Spit-and-polish procedure.
11. Who is described in Chapter Twelve as a "leviathan surfacing from the depths"?
(a) The clerk in the store.
(c) Didi Gee's bodyguard.
(d) Didi Gee.
12. What does Jaime always wear on his head?
(a) A stocking cap.
(b) A bandana.
(c) A New York Yankees baseball cap.
(d) A fedora.
13. What reason does Dave give Internal Affairs for punching Nate Baxter?
(a) That he does not like Baxter.
(b) That Baxter was out to get him.
(c) That Baxter refused to question a witness.
(d) That Baxter is a bad cop.
14. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) Louis Armstrong.
(b) The waves on the lake.
(c) "Jailhouse Rock."
(d) "La Jolie Blonde."
15. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) La Brea Tar Pits East.
(b) The Mickey Mouse show.
(c) Miami Vice.
(d) Louisiana swamps.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
2. How long has Captain Guidry worked as a cop?
3. Who tells Dave that Dave believes in the world that should be instead of the one that exists?
4. Who translates for Dave when Didi Gee sends over the Nicaraguan with information in Chapter Nine?
5. Dave takes two weeks of vacation with Annie. Where do they go?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)