|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cletus' sun porch resemble?
(a) A place to be condemned.
(b) A leaky boat.
(c) A crackerbox.
(d) Four boards nailed together.
2. By what alias has Philip Murphy been going for his drug deals?
3. During surgery, the polyps inside Didi Gee were as large as what?
(a) Ducks' eggs.
(b) Didi Gee's fist.
4. Where did Dave learn to box?
(b) New Iberia High.
(c) Lafayette College.
5. How old was Annie when she was pregnant?
6. With what is Dave charged?
(a) Breaking and entering.
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Carrying a concealed firearm.
(d) Public drunkenness.
7. How does the surgeon describe his surgery on Jimmie in Chapter Twelve?
(a) All I can do.
(b) Dusting-and-cleaning situation.
(c) Spit-and-polish procedure.
(d) Snipping-and-sewing operation.
8. For whom does Dave suggest setting high bond when talking with Captain Guidry?
(a) Didi Gee.
(c) The hired killer who shot Jimmie.
9. What does Jaime always wear on his head?
(a) A fedora.
(b) A stocking cap.
(c) A New York Yankees baseball cap.
(d) A bandana.
10. When Dave has his first visit with Annie after the shooting, she looks like what to him?
(a) A young girl.
(b) An innocent.
(c) A woman that would break his heart.
(d) A flower child.
11. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(a) Louis Armstrong.
(b) Billie Holiday.
(d) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
12. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
13. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
(a) The General.
(b) Serial killer.
14. Dave listens to what over and over while doing sit ups and working out with weights?
(a) Louis Armstrong.
(b) "Jailhouse Rock."
(c) "La Jolie Blonde."
(d) The waves on the lake.
15. According to Dave, law enforcement in South Florida is the equivalent of what?
(a) Louisiana swamps.
(b) La Brea Tar Pits East.
(c) Miami Vice.
(d) The Mickey Mouse show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
2. What does Dave suggest to the General that he should read?
3. In Chapter Twelve, who says that he wants to apologize to Dave?
4. Where does Cletus talk about going for his upcoming vacation?
5. Who bails Dave out of jail?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)