|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dave's morning AA meeting located in Chapter Ten?
(a) Garden District.
(b) Near the police station.
(c) Near Lake Ponchartrain.
(d) French Quarter.
2. Who says, "In a few more weeks we're going to be stringing some green trout"?
(c) Captain Guidry.
3. Who says, "I worry about stuff all the time I don't have control over"?
(b) Didi Gee.
(d) Nate Baxter.
4. What does Dave have sent to Annie at lunch in Chapter Ten?
(a) Roses and pralines.
(b) A drink.
(c) Tulips and a grape drink.
(d) Daisies and a melon.
5. Whom does Dave punch in the mouth?
(b) Sergeant Motley.
6. When Dave has his first visit with Annie after the shooting, she looks like what to him?
(a) A flower child.
(b) A young girl.
(c) An innocent.
(d) A woman that would break his heart.
7. Didi Gee wants Philip Murphy out of the way because he is "screwing up some things" in what location?
(a) Fort Lauderdale.
(d) New Orleans.
8. From where is the postcard that Dave receives from Cletus mailed?
9. What does Annie cook on Dave's stove in Chapter Eight?
(b) Bass filets.
10. With what group does Andres say he served in Nicaragua for seven years?
(c) National Guard.
11. What is the isolation unit at the jail nicknamed?
(a) The Nut House.
(b) Queen's Row.
(c) Crazy Road.
12. Where does Cletus talk about going for his upcoming vacation?
(a) New York.
13. Of what organization does Didi Gee want to be a member?
(a) The Lions Club.
(b) Knights of Columbus.
(d) The Rotary Club.
14. Who recorded the song to which Dave listens with the lyrics: "Dig my grave with a silver spade. And see that my grave is kept clean. Oh dear Lord, lower me down on golden chain"?
(a) Blind Lemon Jefferson.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(d) Billie Holiday.
15. Dave realizes that his brother had been trying to trace initials on his chest on that day in the hospital after Jimmie's first surgery. Whose initials did Jimmie trace?
(a) Jerome Abshire.
(b) Cletus Purcel.
(c) Annie Ballard.
(d) Didi Gee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who describes killing as "There's no rush in the world like it"?
2. In what type of business is Didi Gee's office?
3. In Chapter Ten, Dave recalls a small plane with a family hitting a headwind and crashing into the Gulf. From where was the small plane?
4. Who says, "Loving a girl should include making her miserable"?
5. What does Cletus' sun porch resemble?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)