|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
(a) Dave begins hallucinating.
(b) Dave is rescued by Cletus.
(c) Dave fights them off.
(d) Dave throws up.
2. In Chapter Three, for whom are the three men looking?
(c) Bobby Joe.
3. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
(a) Didi Gee.
4. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
(a) Jefferson Davis.
(b) Bill McMahon.
(c) Sam Fitzpatrick.
(d) Philip Murphy.
5. What type of cigarette does the man in the raincoat smoke?
6. Fitzpatrick is in charge of monitoring what?
(b) Drugs and alcohol.
(c) Elected officials.
(d) Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
7. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
(b) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
(c) Dave has a bad feeling.
(d) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
8. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) Segura's girlfriend.
(b) A member of Annie's quartet.
(c) A cop at the First District.
(d) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
9. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
(a) King St.
(b) Bourbon St.
(c) Louisiana Ave.
(d) Dauphin Ave.
10. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) He is drinking alone.
(b) Circus people from Sarasota.
(d) His brother and Didi Gee.
11. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(a) Pornographic theatres.
(d) Dixieland Bands.
12. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Julio Segura.
(b) Dave Robicheaux.
(c) Bobby Jo.
(d) Didi Gee.
13. When Dave leaves Annie on his houseboat in Chapter Six, where does he go and what does he do?
(a) Dave goes to the morgue for information about Fitzpatrick.
(b) Dave goes to a bar near an amusement park to get drunk.
(c) Dave visits Cletus and ask him for help in getting Murphy.
(d) Dave visits Captain Guidry for advice.
14. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
(a) The Cataouatche Parish sheriff's.
(b) Captain Guidry's.
(c) Sergeant Motley's.
(d) Julio Segura's.
15. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) His Cajun blood.
(b) He is in the driver's seat.
(c) He is thrown from the car.
(d) He is conscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
2. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
3. According to Dave, possession is how many years in Louisiana?
4. What kind of suits does Jimmie wear?
5. Who is the man with the tattoo in Chapter Three?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)