|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He was unemployed.
(b) He was a bouree dealer.
(c) He worked on oil rigs.
(d) He worked as a trapper.
2. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
(a) Bourbon St.
(b) King St.
(c) Dauphin Ave.
(d) Louisiana Ave.
3. What are the pro-capital punishment people singing in Chapter One?
(a) "Candle in the Wind."
(b) "In My Time of Dying."
(c) "This Bud's for You."
(d) "Glow, Little Glow Worm."
4. According to Dave, possession is how many years in Louisiana?
5. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
6. What kind of beer is advertised on the restaurant on stilts where Dave and the woman stop in Chapter Two?
7. Over what lake in New Orleans do Dave and Cletus drive after leaving Segura's?
(a) Lake Pontchartrain.
(b) Lake Claiborne.
(c) Bayou D'Arbonne.
(d) Black Lake.
8. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
(a) Didoni Giacano.
(b) Wesley Potts.
(c) Jimmy Robicheaux.
(d) Mama Giacanao.
9. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) Oral Roberts.
(b) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(c) A Zen friend in California.
(d) Her mother.
10. Who is Lovelace Deshotels?
(a) A Cataouatche Parish deputy.
(b) The dead girl's mother.
(c) A woman from Dave's childhood.
(d) The girl found in the bayou.
11. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
(a) Do not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
(b) Never trust anyone.
(c) Do not go anywhere without a gun.
(d) Never trust authority.
12. Who asks Dave and Cletus if they "salted the mine shaft"?
(b) Captain Guidry.
(c) Sergeant Motley.
13. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(d) Man in the raincoat.
14. Segura is spotted in what color and brand of car in Chapter Four?
(a) Yellow Hummer.
(b) Lavendar Cadillac.
(c) Silver BMW.
(d) Black convertible Mercedes.
15. From what TV show does Dave say it looks like Fitzpatrick escaped?
(a) Green Acres.
(b) Bozo the Clown.
(c) Sesame Street.
(d) The Howdy Doody Show.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do with the two guns from the deputies who stop him?
2. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
3. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
4. In Chapter Five, who believes that Dave is covering for Cletus?
5. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)