|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the manager of the dance club where Dave goes in Chapter Five?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Mr. Rizzo.
(c) Sal Gallo.
2. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(b) The sheriff.
(c) The older deputy.
(d) The younger deputy.
3. In what neighborhood does Annie live?
(a) Garden District.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) West Bank.
(d) Audubon Park.
4. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
(a) That he is a gun runner.
(b) That he works with Segura.
(c) That he is the one who killed Bobby Joe.
(d) That he is a two-star general.
5. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
(d) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
6. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) A cop at the First District.
(b) A member of Annie's quartet.
(c) Segura's girlfriend.
(d) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
7. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) Oral Roberts.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(d) A Zen friend in California.
8. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
(a) Wine, whiskey, and beer.
(b) Shrimp, oysters, and other fish.
(c) Bananas, coffee, and cheese.
(d) Coconut, pineapple, and mango.
9. Who's father was a milkman in the Garden District?
(d) Didi Gee.
10. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
(a) Bourbon St.
(b) King St.
(c) Louisiana Ave.
(d) Dauphin Ave.
11. In Chapter Seven, who is mentioned as having served as a Green Beret in Vietnam?
(a) Bobby Joe.
(b) Philip Murphy.
(d) Wesley Potts.
12. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He worked as a trapper.
(b) He worked on oil rigs.
(c) He was unemployed.
(d) He was a bouree dealer.
13. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
(a) Talking on the telephone.
(b) Cleaning his guns.
(c) Watching the sunset.
(d) Having a beer.
14. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
(b) Didi Gee.
15. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Dave Robicheaux.
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Julio Segura.
(d) Bobby Jo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
2. Where do Dave and Cletus share a pizza in Chapter Four?
3. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
4. Fitzpatrick is in charge of monitoring what?
5. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)