|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dave, where does Didi Gee have lunch every Tuesday?
(b) Jimmy the Gent's.
(c) El Gato Negro.
(d) Cafe Giovanni.
2. When Dave leaves Annie on his houseboat in Chapter Six, where does he go and what does he do?
(a) Dave visits Captain Guidry for advice.
(b) Dave goes to a bar near an amusement park to get drunk.
(c) Dave goes to the morgue for information about Fitzpatrick.
(d) Dave visits Cletus and ask him for help in getting Murphy.
3. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One day.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
4. Who asks Dave and Cletus if they "salted the mine shaft"?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(d) Captain Guidry.
5. Where did Dave grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) New Iberia.
(c) Baton Rouge.
6. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
(a) She is a lawyer.
(b) She is a social worker.
(c) She is a secretary.
(d) She is a cello player.
7. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
(a) Philip Murphy.
(b) Bill McMahon.
(c) Sam Fitzpatrick.
(d) Jefferson Davis.
8. In Chapter One, it is said that the gambler's greatest desire would do what?
(a) Make us rich.
(b) Drive us insane.
(c) Stop us from gambling.
(d) Make us want more.
9. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) A member of Annie's quartet.
(b) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
(c) Segura's girlfriend.
(d) A cop at the First District.
10. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
(b) Didi Gee.
11. What are the pro-capital punishment people singing in Chapter One?
(a) "This Bud's for You."
(b) "In My Time of Dying."
(c) "Candle in the Wind."
(d) "Glow, Little Glow Worm."
12. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) A Zen friend in California.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(d) Oral Roberts.
13. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
(a) Bananas, coffee, and cheese.
(b) Coconut, pineapple, and mango.
(c) Wine, whiskey, and beer.
(d) Shrimp, oysters, and other fish.
14. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
15. In what neighborhood does Annie live?
(a) West Bank.
(b) Audubon Park.
(c) French Quarter.
(d) Garden District.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
2. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
3. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
4. Over what lake in New Orleans do Dave and Cletus drive after leaving Segura's?
5. Who's father was a milkman in the Garden District?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)