|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave leaves Annie on his houseboat in Chapter Six, where does he go and what does he do?
(a) Dave goes to a bar near an amusement park to get drunk.
(b) Dave visits Captain Guidry for advice.
(c) Dave goes to the morgue for information about Fitzpatrick.
(d) Dave visits Cletus and ask him for help in getting Murphy.
2. Who is the manager of the dance club where Dave goes in Chapter Five?
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Mr. Rizzo.
(d) Sal Gallo.
3. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) He is conscious.
(b) His Cajun blood.
(c) He is thrown from the car.
(d) He is in the driver's seat.
4. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
(a) The Cataouatche Parish sheriff's.
(b) Captain Guidry's.
(c) Julio Segura's.
(d) Sergeant Motley's.
5. From what TV show does Dave say it looks like Fitzpatrick escaped?
(a) Bozo the Clown.
(b) Sesame Street.
(c) Green Acres.
(d) The Howdy Doody Show.
6. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) Circus people from Sarasota.
(b) His brother and Didi Gee.
(c) He is drinking alone.
7. Over what lake in New Orleans do Dave and Cletus drive after leaving Segura's?
(a) Lake Claiborne.
(b) Lake Pontchartrain.
(c) Bayou D'Arbonne.
(d) Black Lake.
8. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
(c) Bobby Joe.
9. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
10. Who says, "Julio Segura is real garbage"?
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Sam Fitzpatrick.
11. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
(a) Jimmy Robicheaux.
(b) Mama Giacanao.
(c) Wesley Potts.
(d) Didoni Giacano.
12. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A Zen friend in California.
(c) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(d) Oral Roberts.
13. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Annie's neighor.
(b) Dave's half-brother.
(c) One of Segura's men.
(d) Someone Dave knows from police work.
14. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
(a) Didi Gee.
15. Who asks Dave and Cletus if they "salted the mine shaft"?
(b) Captain Guidry.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Potts, Segura's men once worked in what Latin American country?
2. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
3. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
4. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
5. Where did Dave get his .45 automatic?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)