|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(d) Sex crimes.
2. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(b) He is drinking alone.
(c) Circus people from Sarasota.
(d) His brother and Didi Gee.
3. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
(a) "New Orleans Ladies."
(b) "All You Need is Love."
(c) Tchaikovsky's "First Concerto."
(d) "Midnight Mama."
4. What kind of suits does Jimmie wear?
(a) Botany 500.
5. Where did Dave grow up?
(a) New Iberia.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Baton Rouge.
6. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
(a) That they are contacting the FBI.
(b) That the police will be watching.
(c) That the IRS is checking his returns.
(d) That they are closing down his prostitution ring.
7. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
(a) Dave fights them off.
(b) Dave begins hallucinating.
(c) Dave is rescued by Cletus.
(d) Dave throws up.
8. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
(c) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
9. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
(a) Cleaning his guns.
(b) Watching the sunset.
(c) Talking on the telephone.
(d) Having a beer.
10. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He worked as a trapper.
(b) He was a bouree dealer.
(c) He was unemployed.
(d) He worked on oil rigs.
11. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
(a) Yellow shirt with blue parrots.
(b) Black shirt trimmed in red.
(c) Creme colored silk.
(d) Blue shirt with palm trees.
12. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
(a) Bananas, coffee, and cheese.
(b) Shrimp, oysters, and other fish.
(c) Coconut, pineapple, and mango.
(d) Wine, whiskey, and beer.
13. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
(b) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
(c) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
(d) Dave has a bad feeling.
14. What color are Annie's eyes?
15. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
2. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
3. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
4. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
5. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)