|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Southern Myths does Dave come up with in Chapter Three?
2. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
(a) Talking on the telephone.
(b) Having a beer.
(c) Cleaning his guns.
(d) Watching the sunset.
3. Who is the manager of the dance club where Dave goes in Chapter Five?
(a) Mr. Rizzo.
(c) Sal Gallo.
(d) Didi Gee.
4. Who is Lovelace Deshotels?
(a) A Cataouatche Parish deputy.
(b) The dead girl's mother.
(c) The girl found in the bayou.
(d) A woman from Dave's childhood.
5. Who claims to have a son at West Point?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(d) Julio Segura.
6. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Oral Roberts.
(d) A Zen friend in California.
7. What type of cigarette does the man in the raincoat smoke?
8. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
(a) Bill McMahon.
(b) Sam Fitzpatrick.
(c) Philip Murphy.
(d) Jefferson Davis.
9. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
(b) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
(c) Dave has a bad feeling.
(d) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
10. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
(a) That they are contacting the FBI.
(b) That the police will be watching.
(c) That the IRS is checking his returns.
(d) That they are closing down his prostitution ring.
11. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(b) His brother and Didi Gee.
(c) Circus people from Sarasota.
(d) He is drinking alone.
12. In Chapter One, it is said that the gambler's greatest desire would do what?
(a) Make us want more.
(b) Drive us insane.
(c) Make us rich.
(d) Stop us from gambling.
13. According to Dave, what is a busthead boilermaker?
(a) Jack Daniels and draft beer.
(b) Vodka shots.
(c) Jim Beam straight up with tequila chasers.
(d) Beer and tequila.
14. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
(a) Julio Segura's.
(b) Captain Guidry's.
(c) The Cataouatche Parish sheriff's.
(d) Sergeant Motley's.
15. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
(a) Arresting one of their contacts.
(b) Shooting a Colombian gang member.
(c) Finding an African-American girl in Bayou Lafourche.
(d) Siding with the Mexican gang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
2. Where did Dave get his .45 automatic?
3. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
4. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
5. According to Potts, Segura's men once worked in what Latin American country?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)