|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
(a) Five hours.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One day.
(d) One hour.
2. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
3. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
4. Rumor has it that who owns an aquarium filled with piranha?
(a) Jimmy, the Gent.
(b) Julio Segura.
(c) Sharky Bonnano.
(d) Didi Gee.
5. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
(a) Sergeant Motley.
(b) Captain Guidry.
(d) Lieutenant Mack.
6. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
(a) Jimmy Robicheaux.
(b) Wesley Potts.
(c) Mama Giacanao.
(d) Didoni Giacano.
7. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) Segura's girlfriend.
(b) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
(c) A member of Annie's quartet.
(d) A cop at the First District.
8. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(a) Ford F-10 pickup.
(b) Mercedes Benz.
(d) Buick Skylark.
9. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
(a) Arrested for manslaughter.
(b) 30-day suspension with pay.
(c) Must turn in his badge forever.
(d) Indefinite suspension without pay.
10. When Dave leaves Annie on his houseboat in Chapter Six, where does he go and what does he do?
(a) Dave goes to a bar near an amusement park to get drunk.
(b) Dave goes to the morgue for information about Fitzpatrick.
(c) Dave visits Cletus and ask him for help in getting Murphy.
(d) Dave visits Captain Guidry for advice.
11. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She is a social worker.
(c) She is a cello player.
(d) She is a lawyer.
12. From what TV show does Dave say it looks like Fitzpatrick escaped?
(a) The Howdy Doody Show.
(b) Sesame Street.
(c) Green Acres.
(d) Bozo the Clown.
13. Who claims to have a son at West Point?
(c) Julio Segura.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
14. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Julio Segura.
(c) Bobby Jo.
(d) Dave Robicheaux.
15. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(c) Dixieland Bands.
(d) Pornographic theatres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
2. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
3. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
4. According to Dave, what is a busthead boilermaker?
5. According to Potts, Segura's men once worked in what Latin American country?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)