|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Dave buy in Chapter One?
(b) "Morning News."
(d) "Times Herald."
2. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
(a) Bobby Joe.
3. What type of cigarette does the man in the raincoat smoke?
4. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
(b) His mother.
5. How many Southern Myths does Dave come up with in Chapter Three?
6. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
(a) Siding with the Mexican gang.
(b) Shooting a Colombian gang member.
(c) Arresting one of their contacts.
(d) Finding an African-American girl in Bayou Lafourche.
7. Who is the man with the tattoo in Chapter Three?
(b) Bobby Joe.
8. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
(a) Sergeant Motley's.
(b) Julio Segura's.
(c) Captain Guidry's.
(d) The Cataouatche Parish sheriff's.
9. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) He is drinking alone.
(c) His brother and Didi Gee.
(d) Circus people from Sarasota.
10. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
(a) Blue shirt with palm trees.
(b) Yellow shirt with blue parrots.
(c) Creme colored silk.
(d) Black shirt trimmed in red.
11. Rumor has it that who owns an aquarium filled with piranha?
(a) Sharky Bonnano.
(b) Jimmy, the Gent.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Julio Segura.
12. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
13. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(d) Sex crimes.
14. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
(a) That he is a two-star general.
(b) That he is a gun runner.
(c) That he is the one who killed Bobby Joe.
(d) That he works with Segura.
15. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
(a) Coconut, pineapple, and mango.
(b) Wine, whiskey, and beer.
(c) Shrimp, oysters, and other fish.
(d) Bananas, coffee, and cheese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
2. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
3. What is Dave drinking while he waits for Fitzpatrick to pick him up in Chapter Five?
4. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
5. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)