|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what neighborhood does Annie live?
(a) Audubon Park.
(b) West Bank.
(c) French Quarter.
(d) Garden District.
2. What is Dave drinking while he waits for Fitzpatrick to pick him up in Chapter Five?
(a) Dr. Pepper with a slice of lime.
(b) Perrier with lemon.
(c) Jax beer.
(d) Vanilla coke.
3. Who is the manager of the dance club where Dave goes in Chapter Five?
(b) Sal Gallo.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Mr. Rizzo.
4. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(b) Dixieland Bands.
(d) Pornographic theatres.
5. Rumor has it that who owns an aquarium filled with piranha?
(a) Julio Segura.
(b) Sharky Bonnano.
(c) Jimmy, the Gent.
(d) Didi Gee.
6. What kind of beer is advertised on the restaurant on stilts where Dave and the woman stop in Chapter Two?
7. In Chapter Three, for whom are the three men looking?
(c) Bobby Joe.
8. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
(a) Julio Segura's.
(b) Sergeant Motley's.
(c) The Cataouatche Parish sheriff's.
(d) Captain Guidry's.
9. According to Dave, what is a busthead boilermaker?
(a) Jim Beam straight up with tequila chasers.
(b) Vodka shots.
(c) Beer and tequila.
(d) Jack Daniels and draft beer.
10. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
(a) Blue shirt with palm trees.
(b) Yellow shirt with blue parrots.
(c) Creme colored silk.
(d) Black shirt trimmed in red.
11. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(b) Sex crimes.
12. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
13. Fitzpatrick is in charge of monitoring what?
(a) Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
(c) Elected officials.
(d) Drugs and alcohol.
14. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
(a) "Midnight Mama."
(b) Tchaikovsky's "First Concerto."
(c) "New Orleans Ladies."
(d) "All You Need is Love."
15. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(b) One of Segura's men.
(c) Dave's half-brother.
(d) Annie's neighor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
2. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
3. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
4. Who is Gail Lopez?
5. What are the pro-capital punishment people singing in Chapter One?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)