|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
(a) She is a cello player.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She is a social worker.
(d) She is a secretary.
2. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
(b) Didi Gee.
3. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Julio Segura.
(b) Dave Robicheaux.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Bobby Jo.
4. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(b) Sex crimes.
5. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
(a) Dauphin Ave.
(b) Bourbon St.
(c) King St.
(d) Louisiana Ave.
6. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
(c) .45 automatic.
(d) .38 revolver.
7. Where did Dave grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Iberia.
8. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) He is thrown from the car.
(b) His Cajun blood.
(c) He is conscious.
(d) He is in the driver's seat.
9. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(b) His brother and Didi Gee.
(c) Circus people from Sarasota.
(d) He is drinking alone.
10. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
11. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Annie's neighor.
(b) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(c) One of Segura's men.
(d) Dave's half-brother.
12. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(a) Pornographic theatres.
(c) Dixieland Bands.
13. On what street does Dave park his car when they visit Wesley Potts?
14. What does Dave do with the two guns from the deputies who stop him?
(a) He tosses the guns in their car.
(b) He keeps the guns.
(c) He throws the guns into the woods.
(d) He throws the guns into the lake.
15. What color are Annie's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
2. On what street is Jimmie's restaurant located?
3. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
4. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
5. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)