|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Nate Baxter?
(a) A detective from Internal Affairs.
(b) A federal agent who questions Dave.
(c) One of Murphy's men.
(d) A friend who works at the hospital.
2. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(b) Ford F-10 pickup.
(c) Mercedes Benz.
(d) Buick Skylark.
3. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
(a) Bourbon St.
(b) Dauphin Ave.
(c) Louisiana Ave.
(d) King St.
4. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
(d) Bobby Joe.
5. According to Dave, what is a busthead boilermaker?
(a) Jack Daniels and draft beer.
(b) Vodka shots.
(c) Jim Beam straight up with tequila chasers.
(d) Beer and tequila.
6. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(a) Sex crimes.
7. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
(a) 30-day suspension with pay.
(b) Indefinite suspension without pay.
(c) Arrested for manslaughter.
(d) Must turn in his badge forever.
8. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
(b) A cop at the First District.
(c) A member of Annie's quartet.
(d) Segura's girlfriend.
9. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
(a) Yellow shirt with blue parrots.
(b) Blue shirt with palm trees.
(c) Black shirt trimmed in red.
(d) Creme colored silk.
10. Who is the man with the tattoo in Chapter Three?
(a) Bobby Joe.
11. In Chapter Three, for whom are the three men looking?
(b) Bobby Joe.
12. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Dave Robicheaux.
(c) Bobby Jo.
(d) Julio Segura.
13. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
(a) That he is the one who killed Bobby Joe.
(b) That he works with Segura.
(c) That he is a gun runner.
(d) That he is a two-star general.
14. What is Dave drinking while he waits for Fitzpatrick to pick him up in Chapter Five?
(a) Vanilla coke.
(b) Jax beer.
(c) Dr. Pepper with a slice of lime.
(d) Perrier with lemon.
15. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A Zen friend in California.
(c) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(d) Oral Roberts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
2. In Chapter Seven, whom does Dave call to harass from the bar?
3. Who is Jimmie?
4. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
5. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)