|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
(c) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
2. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
(b) Man in the raincoat.
(d) Captain Guidry.
3. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
4. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Annie's neighor.
(b) One of Segura's men.
(c) Dave's half-brother.
(d) Someone Dave knows from police work.
5. On what street does Dave park his car when they visit Wesley Potts?
6. In Chapter Five, who believes that Dave is covering for Cletus?
(b) Captain Guidry.
(d) Sergant Motley.
7. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(a) Mercedes Benz.
(b) Buick Skylark.
(c) Ford F-10 pickup.
8. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
(a) Sergeant Motley's.
(b) The Cataouatche Parish sheriff's.
(c) Captain Guidry's.
(d) Julio Segura's.
9. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
(c) .38 revolver.
(d) .45 automatic.
10. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
(b) His mother.
11. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(a) Dixieland Bands.
(b) Pornographic theatres.
12. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He worked as a trapper.
(b) He was a bouree dealer.
(c) He was unemployed.
(d) He worked on oil rigs.
13. Who says, "Julio Segura is real garbage"?
(a) Didi Gee.
(d) Sam Fitzpatrick.
14. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) A Zen friend in California.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Oral Roberts.
(d) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
15. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
(b) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
(c) Dave has a bad feeling.
(d) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
2. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
3. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
4. Whom does Johnny describe as a "mummy wrapped in black rags"?
5. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)