|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) Oral Roberts.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(d) A Zen friend in California.
2. What is Dave drinking while he waits for Fitzpatrick to pick him up in Chapter Five?
(a) Perrier with lemon.
(b) Jax beer.
(c) Vanilla coke.
(d) Dr. Pepper with a slice of lime.
3. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
(a) "Midnight Mama."
(b) "New Orleans Ladies."
(c) "All You Need is Love."
(d) Tchaikovsky's "First Concerto."
4. According to Dave, where does Didi Gee have lunch every Tuesday?
(a) Cafe Giovanni.
(b) Jimmy the Gent's.
(c) El Gato Negro.
5. What color are Annie's eyes?
6. Segura is spotted in what color and brand of car in Chapter Four?
(a) Yellow Hummer.
(b) Lavendar Cadillac.
(c) Silver BMW.
(d) Black convertible Mercedes.
7. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
(a) One hour.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One day.
(d) Five hours.
8. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(a) Pornographic theatres.
(d) Dixieland Bands.
9. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
(a) Do not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
(b) Never trust authority.
(c) Do not go anywhere without a gun.
(d) Never trust anyone.
10. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
(d) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
11. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
(a) She is a secretary.
(b) She is a lawyer.
(c) She is a cello player.
(d) She is a social worker.
12. Who is the manager of the dance club where Dave goes in Chapter Five?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Sal Gallo.
(c) Mr. Rizzo.
13. From what TV show does Dave say it looks like Fitzpatrick escaped?
(a) Green Acres.
(b) The Howdy Doody Show.
(c) Bozo the Clown.
(d) Sesame Street.
14. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) Segura's girlfriend.
(b) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
(c) A member of Annie's quartet.
(d) A cop at the First District.
15. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(b) Buick Skylark.
(c) Mercedes Benz.
(d) Ford F-10 pickup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
2. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
3. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
4. On what street is Jimmie's restaurant located?
5. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)