|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
2. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
(a) Didi Gee.
3. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(b) Pornographic theatres.
(d) Dixieland Bands.
4. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(b) Sergeant Motley.
(d) Lieutenant Mack.
5. Who's father was a milkman in the Garden District?
(c) Didi Gee.
6. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) Oral Roberts.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(d) A Zen friend in California.
7. Who is the man with the tattoo in Chapter Three?
(a) Bobby Joe.
8. What newspaper does Dave buy in Chapter One?
(b) "Times Herald."
(c) "Morning News."
9. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
(a) Dave fights them off.
(b) Dave throws up.
(c) Dave is rescued by Cletus.
(d) Dave begins hallucinating.
10. In Chapter Five, who believes that Dave is covering for Cletus?
(b) Sergant Motley.
(d) Captain Guidry.
11. What is myth number two?
(a) Warren Harding was part African American.
(b) There is a Nazi submarine off Grand Island.
(c) Johnny Cash did time in Folsom Prison.
(d) John Calvin was the inventor of Southern Myth.
12. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) He is conscious.
(b) He is thrown from the car.
(c) He is in the driver's seat.
(d) His Cajun blood.
13. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
(a) That they are contacting the FBI.
(b) That they are closing down his prostitution ring.
(c) That the IRS is checking his returns.
(d) That the police will be watching.
14. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
(a) First District.
(b) Fifth District.
(c) Second District.
(d) Third District.
15. According to Potts, Segura's men once worked in what Latin American country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who claims to have a son at West Point?
2. How many Southern Myths does Dave come up with in Chapter Three?
3. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
4. Where do Dave and Cletus share a pizza in Chapter Four?
5. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)