|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what neighborhood does Annie live?
(a) French Quarter.
(b) Garden District.
(c) West Bank.
(d) Audubon Park.
2. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
(c) Didi Gee.
3. When Dave leaves Annie on his houseboat in Chapter Six, where does he go and what does he do?
(a) Dave visits Cletus and ask him for help in getting Murphy.
(b) Dave visits Captain Guidry for advice.
(c) Dave goes to a bar near an amusement park to get drunk.
(d) Dave goes to the morgue for information about Fitzpatrick.
4. Who says, "Julio Segura is real garbage"?
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Sam Fitzpatrick.
5. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He worked as a trapper.
(b) He was unemployed.
(c) He was a bouree dealer.
(d) He worked on oil rigs.
6. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(a) The older deputy.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The younger deputy.
7. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
(a) Do not go anywhere without a gun.
(b) Never trust authority.
(c) Do not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
(d) Never trust anyone.
8. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(a) Sex crimes.
9. Who claims to have a son at West Point?
(b) Sergeant Motley.
(c) Julio Segura.
10. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
(a) His mother.
11. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
12. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
(a) Fifth District.
(b) First District.
(c) Second District.
(d) Third District.
13. According to Dave, possession is how many years in Louisiana?
14. What kind of beer is advertised on the restaurant on stilts where Dave and the woman stop in Chapter Two?
15. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Dave's half-brother.
(b) One of Segura's men.
(c) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(d) Annie's neighor.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street is Jimmie's restaurant located?
2. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
3. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
4. In Chapter Three, for whom are the three men looking?
5. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)