|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(b) Segura's driver.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Wesley Potts.
2. Who is the man with the tattoo in Chapter Three?
(b) Bobby Joe.
3. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
(a) That they are contacting the FBI.
(b) That the IRS is checking his returns.
(c) That the police will be watching.
(d) That they are closing down his prostitution ring.
4. Over what lake in New Orleans do Dave and Cletus drive after leaving Segura's?
(a) Bayou D'Arbonne.
(b) Black Lake.
(c) Lake Pontchartrain.
(d) Lake Claiborne.
5. What kind of beer is advertised on the restaurant on stilts where Dave and the woman stop in Chapter Two?
6. According to Dave, what is a busthead boilermaker?
(a) Beer and tequila.
(b) Vodka shots.
(c) Jack Daniels and draft beer.
(d) Jim Beam straight up with tequila chasers.
7. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
(a) .45 automatic.
(d) .38 revolver.
8. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
9. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
(b) Didi Gee.
10. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
(a) Having a beer.
(b) Talking on the telephone.
(c) Cleaning his guns.
(d) Watching the sunset.
11. In what neighborhood does Annie live?
(a) West Bank.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) Garden District.
12. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
(b) Didi Gee.
13. In Chapter Four, the Latin American restaurant to which Fitzpatrick takes Dave is located where?
(a) King St.
(b) Bourbon St.
(c) Dauphin Ave.
(d) Louisiana Ave.
14. What is myth number two?
(a) Warren Harding was part African American.
(b) John Calvin was the inventor of Southern Myth.
(c) There is a Nazi submarine off Grand Island.
(d) Johnny Cash did time in Folsom Prison.
15. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
(a) "New Orleans Ladies."
(b) "All You Need is Love."
(c) "Midnight Mama."
(d) Tchaikovsky's "First Concerto."
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Annie's eyes?
2. The three patrol cars that arrive at Annie's house come from what precinct?
3. How many Southern Myths does Dave come up with in Chapter Three?
4. Who says, "Julio Segura is real garbage"?
5. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)