Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
(a) Captain Guidry.
(b) Lieutenant Mack.
(d) Sergeant Motley.
2. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
(a) Finding an African-American girl in Bayou Lafourche.
(b) Shooting a Colombian gang member.
(c) Arresting one of their contacts.
(d) Siding with the Mexican gang.
3. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(a) The sheriff.
(c) The younger deputy.
(d) The older deputy.
4. What newspaper does Dave buy in Chapter One?
(c) "Times Herald."
(d) "Morning News."
5. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
6. Who says, "Teaching you what a real bad day can be"?
(c) Segura's bodyguard.
7. What is myth number two?
(a) John Calvin was the inventor of Southern Myth.
(b) There is a Nazi submarine off Grand Island.
(c) Warren Harding was part African American.
(d) Johnny Cash did time in Folsom Prison.
8. What does Annie Ballard do for a living?
(a) She is a lawyer.
(b) She is a social worker.
(c) She is a secretary.
(d) She is a cello player.
9. In Chapter Seven, whom does Dave call to harass from the bar?
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Treasury Department.
(d) The CIA.
10. Where does Dave go to hear Annie's string quarter play?
(a) Xavier campus.
(b) Tulane campus.
(c) Jackson Square.
(d) Roussel Performance Hall.
11. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
(d) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
12. Where did Dave grow up?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(b) New Iberia.
(c) New Orleans.
13. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
(b) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
(c) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
(d) Dave has a bad feeling.
14. Who drops a tropical drink into Segura's lap?
(d) Didi Gee.
15. What is is blaring from the maroon car that Dave flags down in Chapter Two?
(a) "All You Need is Love."
(b) "New Orleans Ladies."
(c) Tchaikovsky's "First Concerto."
(d) "Midnight Mama."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, who believes that Dave is covering for Cletus?
2. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
3. Where does Dave find Bobby Joe Starkweather in Chapter Seven?
4. Who is Gail Lopez?
5. How many men jump Dave on his houseboat in Chapter Five?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)