|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, what lesson does Dave recall from Vietnam?
(a) Never trust anyone.
(b) Do not go anywhere without a gun.
(c) Do not shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
(d) Never trust authority.
2. Who is the man with the tattoo in Chapter Three?
(d) Bobby Joe.
3. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(d) Sex crimes.
4. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
(a) .45 automatic.
(d) .38 revolver.
5. What name do the three men in Chapter Three call Dave?
6. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
(a) Arrested for manslaughter.
(b) Indefinite suspension without pay.
(c) 30-day suspension with pay.
(d) Must turn in his badge forever.
7. In Chapter One, it is said that the gambler's greatest desire would do what?
(a) Make us rich.
(b) Stop us from gambling.
(c) Make us want more.
(d) Drive us insane.
8. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
(a) He was hung by his cellmate.
(b) He was bailed out by his father.
(c) He was burned alive.
(d) He was ice-picked to death.
9. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
(a) Bill McMahon.
(b) Sam Fitzpatrick.
(c) Philip Murphy.
(d) Jefferson Davis.
10. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
11. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
(b) Dave has a bad feeling.
(c) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
(d) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
12. Rumor has it that who owns an aquarium filled with piranha?
(a) Julio Segura.
(b) Jimmy, the Gent.
(c) Didi Gee.
(d) Sharky Bonnano.
13. In Chapter Seven, whom does Dave call to harass from the bar?
(a) The Treasury Department.
(b) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
14. What is Dave first answer when Annie asks him what is wrong in Chapter Six?
(d) Grief over Fitzpatrick's death.
15. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Dave's half-brother.
(b) Annie's neighor.
(c) One of Segura's men.
(d) Someone Dave knows from police work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gail Lopez?
2. Who says, "Julio Segura is real garbage"?
3. In Chapter Five, who believes that Dave is covering for Cletus?
4. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
5. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)