|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Wesley Potts.
(d) Segura's driver.
2. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
(d) Fitzpatrick's supervisor.
3. What does Dave do with the two guns from the deputies who stop him?
(a) He throws the guns into the lake.
(b) He keeps the guns.
(c) He throws the guns into the woods.
(d) He tosses the guns in their car.
4. What Treasury Agent visits Dave at his houseboat?
(a) Philip Murphy.
(b) Sam Fitzpatrick.
(c) Jefferson Davis.
(d) Bill McMahon.
5. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(b) He is drinking alone.
(c) His brother and Didi Gee.
(d) Circus people from Sarasota.
6. What kind of car does the Cataouatche Parish sheriff drive?
(b) Buick Skylark.
(c) Ford F-10 pickup.
(d) Mercedes Benz.
7. What is L.J. Potts doing outside of Johnny's cell?
8. In Chapter Seven, who is mentioned as having served as a Green Beret in Vietnam?
(a) Philip Murphy.
(c) Bobby Joe.
(d) Wesley Potts.
9. Who is referred to as a heavy-metal cat?
(a) Didi Gee.
(b) Dave Robicheaux.
(c) Julio Segura.
(d) Bobby Jo.
10. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(b) The older deputy.
(c) The younger deputy.
(d) The sheriff.
11. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
(a) That he is a gun runner.
(b) That he is the one who killed Bobby Joe.
(c) That he is a two-star general.
(d) That he works with Segura.
12. Why is Dave hesitant to pull over to the shoulder when a patrol car with its lights and siren on is behind him?
(a) Dave thinks they are after someone else.
(b) Dave has a bad feeling.
(c) Dave does not think he should have to stop since he is a cop too.
(d) The shoulder is littered with broken beer bottles.
13. According to Dave, where does Didi Gee have lunch every Tuesday?
(a) El Gato Negro.
(b) Jimmy the Gent's.
(d) Cafe Giovanni.
14. What kind of suits does Jimmie wear?
(b) Botany 500.
15. On what street does Dave park his car when they visit Wesley Potts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the store in which Dave buys a newspaper smell like?
2. What type of cigarette does the man in the raincoat smoke?
3. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
4. Whom does Dave question at headquarters about the dead girl?
5. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)