|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The younger deputy.
(d) The older deputy.
2. Dave learns that he has angered the Colombians by doing what?
(a) Finding an African-American girl in Bayou Lafourche.
(b) Shooting a Colombian gang member.
(c) Siding with the Mexican gang.
(d) Arresting one of their contacts.
3. In Chapter Three, for whom are the three men looking?
(d) Bobby Joe.
4. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
(a) One day.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five hours.
5. What is Dave's punishment after he is accused of getting drunk and killing Fitzpatrick in the car accident?
(a) 30-day suspension with pay.
(b) Arrested for manslaughter.
(c) Indefinite suspension without pay.
(d) Must turn in his badge forever.
6. To whom is Cletus' wife sending their money?
(a) A Buddhist priest in Colorado.
(b) A Zen friend in California.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Oral Roberts.
7. What kind of gun is Cletus using in Chapter Four?
(a) .45 automatic.
(d) .38 revolver.
8. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
(a) Dave is rescued by Cletus.
(b) Dave fights them off.
(c) Dave throws up.
(d) Dave begins hallucinating.
9. Where did Dave grow up?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) Baton Rouge.
(d) New Iberia.
10. Segura is spotted in what color and brand of car in Chapter Four?
(a) Yellow Hummer.
(b) Silver BMW.
(c) Black convertible Mercedes.
(d) Lavendar Cadillac.
11. Who is Nate Baxter?
(a) A friend who works at the hospital.
(b) A detective from Internal Affairs.
(c) A federal agent who questions Dave.
(d) One of Murphy's men.
12. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(a) Didi Gee.
(c) Segura's driver.
(d) Wesley Potts.
13. Who is Gail Lopez?
(a) A member of Annie's quartet.
(b) A cop at the First District.
(c) Segura's girlfriend.
(d) A Mexican dancer who might be a witness.
14. Who says that Wesley Potts "fronts points for the greasers"?
15. Who says, "Teaching you what a real bad day can be"?
(a) Segura's bodyguard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dave get his .45 automatic?
2. In Chapter Seven, who is mentioned as having served as a Green Beret in Vietnam?
3. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
4. In Chapter Five, who says he is on a short leash?
5. What color are Annie's eyes?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)