|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dave and Cletus share a pizza in Chapter Four?
(a) Jackson Square.
(b) St. Louis Park.
(c) Dave's houseboat.
(d) French Quarter.
2. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
(a) His mother.
3. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(a) Segura's driver.
(b) Didi Gee.
(c) Wesley Potts.
4. What drug do Murphy's men use to knock Dave out?
5. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He was unemployed.
(b) He was a bouree dealer.
(c) He worked as a trapper.
(d) He worked on oil rigs.
6. Who owns a winter home in Hallendale, Florida?
(d) Didi Gee.
7. Who is Jimmie?
(a) Annie's neighor.
(b) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(c) One of Segura's men.
(d) Dave's half-brother.
8. What type of work does Cletus do before partnering with Dave in homicide?
(b) Sex crimes.
9. Who says, "Teaching you what a real bad day can be"?
(b) Segura's bodyguard.
10. How does Dave survive Fitzpatrick's fate?
(a) His Cajun blood.
(b) He is conscious.
(c) He is thrown from the car.
(d) He is in the driver's seat.
11. To whom is Dave referring when he mentions "a guy that looked like he escaped form a Popsicle wrapper"?
12. Who says, "I haven't had my rabies shots," when Murphy offers his hamburger?
(c) Bobby Joe.
13. In what neighborhood does Annie live?
(a) Garden District.
(b) French Quarter.
(c) Audubon Park.
(d) West Bank.
14. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
(a) Black shirt trimmed in red.
(b) Yellow shirt with blue parrots.
(c) Creme colored silk.
(d) Blue shirt with palm trees.
15. Where did Dave grow up?
(a) Baton Rouge.
(c) New Orleans.
(d) New Iberia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dave get his .45 automatic?
2. Who says that Bobby Joe is better off as sausage links?
3. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
4. According to Dave, what is a busthead boilermaker?
5. In Chapter Two, who says, "you're in over your head"?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)