|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave suggest to Segura in order to worry him in Chapter Two?
(a) That the police will be watching.
(b) That the IRS is checking his returns.
(c) That they are contacting the FBI.
(d) That they are closing down his prostitution ring.
2. What is myth number two?
(a) Johnny Cash did time in Folsom Prison.
(b) Warren Harding was part African American.
(c) John Calvin was the inventor of Southern Myth.
(d) There is a Nazi submarine off Grand Island.
3. How many Southern Myths does Dave come up with in Chapter Three?
4. Who or what are Papa Celestin and Sharky Bonnano that the author mentions in Chapter One?
(b) Pornographic theatres.
(c) Dixieland Bands.
5. What happened to the 17-year-old runaway in Dave's case file?
(a) He was burned alive.
(b) He was hung by his cellmate.
(c) He was ice-picked to death.
(d) He was bailed out by his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Julio Segura is real garbage"?
2. Approximately how long does Johnny Messina have to live when Dave meets with him?
3. What kind of shirt is Julio Segura wearing in Chapter Two?
4. Whom does Didi Gee describe as having "a memory like flypaper"?
5. Whose bald head is described as "a rock with weeds starting to grow on it"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)