|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work had Dave's father done on Marsh Island?
(a) He worked on oil rigs.
(b) He worked as a trapper.
(c) He was a bouree dealer.
(d) He was unemployed.
2. Who is Jimmie?
(a) One of Segura's men.
(b) Someone Dave knows from police work.
(c) Dave's half-brother.
(d) Annie's neighor.
3. With whom is Dave drinking at the beginning of Chapter Seven?
(a) Circus people from Sarasota.
(c) His brother and Didi Gee.
(d) He is drinking alone.
4. What information does Dave trick from Fitzpatrick's supervisor about Abshire.
(a) That he is the one who killed Bobby Joe.
(b) That he is a two-star general.
(c) That he works with Segura.
(d) That he is a gun runner.
5. To whom does Dave initially go for information about finding Bobby Joe Starkweather?
(b) Segura's driver.
(c) Wesley Potts.
(d) Didi Gee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bobby Joe forces the mixture down Dave's throat in Chapter Six?
2. Beauvoir is referred to as what in Chapter Ten?
3. Who tells Dave that Dave believes in the world that should be instead of the one that exists?
4. In Chapter Three, what is Dave doing on his houseboat when the Treasury agent visits?
5. Who says, "Most people just roll over when violence comes into their lives"?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)