|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Delvin?
(a) In his early forties.
(b) In his late twenties.
(c) About 32.
(d) In his late thirties.
2. About how old was the Indian they picked up on their way to Sitting Bull's Burial Site?
(a) About fifty.
(b) About forty.
(c) About thirty.
(d) About twenty.
3. With what was Annie working in her lap?
(a) She was taking the tops off string beans.
(b) A rosary.
(c) She was making an Indian necklace.
(d) She was shelling peas.
4. How did Dan's grandfathers give him the song?
(a) In the wind.
(b) From bird song.
(c) From the earth.
(d) In a dream.
5. The Catholic church held a conference to determine what about Indians?
(a) If they should be allowed to receive Communion.
(b) If intermarriage with white Catholics should be allowed.
(c) If they could go to heaven.
(d) Whether they were people or animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waziya?
2. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
3. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
4. How large was the plot of ground inside the pillars and bordered by cement?
5. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Dan means when he talks about white mens' cages?
2. Describe Annie's house.
3. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
4. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
5. According to Dan, why are white people in trouble?
6. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
7. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
8. Dan said the white people had made them blanket Indians hanging around the trading post for handouts. What did he say they were now?
9. Name some of the signs along the road in Chapter 22.
10. Describe Annie.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)