|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
(a) No, his book would be different.
(b) Yes, he was writing a similar book.
(c) "More like Sitting Bull Speaks."
(d) Maybe, "Black Dog Speaks."
2. What did Nerburn feel was a comfort and protection from the thoughts of the dying women and children at Wounded Knee?
(a) Thoughts of eternal life.
(b) The smoke from the pipe Dan gave him to smoke.
(c) Memories of a happy childhood.
(d) Thoughts of his family.
3. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
(a) Indian legends.
(b) Anger and tears.
(c) Great Indian chiefs.
(d) It was an Indian love song.
4. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
(a) "Prairie NIggers."
(c) "Red Skins."
5. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
2. The Catholic church held a conference to determine what about Indians?
3. Describe Danelle.
4. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
5. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)