|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Dan take a pinch of tobacco and offer it to the wind?
(a) Six times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Seven times.
2. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
3. What New England writer did Dan bring up in the conversation?
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Mary Baker Eddy.
4. About how old was the Indian they picked up on their way to Sitting Bull's Burial Site?
(a) About twenty.
(b) About forty.
(c) About thirty.
(d) About fifty.
5. What did Dan say was the biggest thing to white people?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
2. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
3. To what was the monument at Wounded Knee dedicated?
4. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
5. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
Short Essay Questions
1. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
2. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
3. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
4. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
5. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
6. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
7. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
8. Describe what Dan means when he talks about white mens' cages?
9. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
10. Describe Annie's yard and other things outside her house.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)