|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
(b) Navy brew.
(c) Cofffee like his mother had brewed.
2. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Big Foot.
(d) Black Foot.
3. How old was Delvin?
(a) In his late twenties.
(b) In his late thirties.
(c) About 32.
(d) In his early forties.
4. The Catholic church held a conference to determine what about Indians?
(a) Whether they were people or animals.
(b) If intermarriage with white Catholics should be allowed.
(c) If they should be allowed to receive Communion.
(d) If they could go to heaven.
5. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
(a) Navajo Indians.
(b) Apache Indians.
(c) All agency Indians.
(d) Comanche Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan take out of the trunk at Wounded Knee?
2. According to the Lakota, what happened the year the buffalo froze?
3. What color did Nerburn say the morning sky was?
4. What were the seven stars supposed to have taught the Lakota?
5. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
2. Dan said the white people had made them blanket Indians hanging around the trading post for handouts. What did he say they were now?
3. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
4. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
5. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
6. Describe Annie's house.
7. What is Paha Sapa?
8. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
9. Of what did the latticework arch between the pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
10. Dan said the trouble wasn't alcohol for the Indians. What did he say the trouble was?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)