|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the small leather bag inside Dan's shirt?
(a) An Indian charm.
(b) A stone.
(c) A turquoise ring.
(d) A small silver picture frame with a picture of Bobbie in it.
2. What is Paha Sapa?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) The Lakota sacred center of the universe.
(c) A Lakota religious ceremony.
(d) The most sacred Lakota prayer.
3. Where did Eugene's dad live?
4. Who shot Sitting Bull?
(a) Indian police.
(c) A rival tribe.
(d) White men.
5. What reason did Nerburn give for not wearing a watch?
(a) They make him nervous.
(b) He keeps losing them.
(c) They feel heavy on the wrist.
(d) They make him too aware of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Lakota, what happened the year the buffalo froze?
2. What gift did April give Nerburn?
3. What did Dan take out of the trunk at Wounded Knee?
4. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
5. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some of the signs along the road in Chapter 22.
2. Of what did the latticework arch between the pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
3. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
4. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
5. Describe Annie's house.
6. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
7. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
8. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
9. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
10. How did the storm affect the three men?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)