|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Nerburn compare what was happening on the grassy field below them in Chapter 12?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) A musical performance.
(c) A medieval battlefield.
(d) A WWI battle scene.
2. Who was Crazy Horse?
(a) A famous Cherokee Chief.
(b) An Indian leader immortalized in a sculpture.
(c) Sitting Bull's enemy.
(d) A famous Apache Chief.
3. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
(a) Wilted flowers.
(b) Prayer notes.
(c) Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
(d) Plastic flowers.
4. How large was the plot of ground inside the pillars and bordered by cement?
(a) 80 ft. long and 8 ft. wide.
(b) 90 ft. long and 7 ft. wide.
(c) 60 ft. long and 5 ft. wide.
(d) 70 ft. long and 6 ft. wide.
5. How old was Delvin?
(a) In his early forties.
(b) In his late twenties.
(c) About 32.
(d) In his late thirties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
2. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
3. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
4. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
5. Where did Nerburn sleep when he was at Annie's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
2. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
3. What did Dan answer when Nerburn asked him if the Pow Wow was their destination?
4. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
5. What was the difference between Lincoln and Jesus in Dan's eyes?
6. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
7. How did the storm affect the three men?
8. Name some of the signs along the road in Chapter 22.
9. Describe the inside of Annie's house.
10. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)