|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(a) The Badlands.
(b) South Dakota.
(d) West of the Missouri.
2. What does Dan mention whites would view as an artifact which should be viewed as sacred?
(a) A dream-catcher.
(b) Lakota prayers written on deer skin.
(c) An Indian burial mound.
(d) His grandmother's skull.
3. What did Sitting Bull's monument overlook?
(a) A Lakota settlement.
(b) The Kansas plains.
(c) The Missouri River Valley.
(d) A Homestead town.
4. Who was Ziolkowski?
(a) A Polish politician.
(b) A Polish writer.
(c) A Polish sculptor.
(d) A Polish composer.
5. What did the Spanish want from the Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the small leather bag inside Dan's shirt?
2. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
3. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
4. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
5. Who shot Sitting Bull?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)