|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is April?
2. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
(a) Part of his cheeseburger.
(b) An edge of his steak sandwich.
(c) A piece of barbequed chicken without the bones.
(d) Rib bones.
3. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
(a) Warriors and Ghost dancers.
(b) Babies and old people.
(c) Teenagers and Indian missionaries.
(d) Chiefs and Medicine men.
4. What is Paha Sapa?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) The most sacred Lakota prayer.
(c) The Lakota sacred center of the universe.
(d) A Lakota religious ceremony.
5. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
(a) Boarding schools for their children.
(c) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grover had a tattoo of what on his right arm?
2. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
3. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
4. What did Dan take out of the trunk at Wounded Knee?
5. How old was Delvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Dan means when he talks about white mens' cages?
2. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
3. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
4. Describe Annie's house.
5. Of what did the latticework arch between the pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
6. How did the storm affect the three men?
7. According to Dan, why are white people in trouble?
8. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
9. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
10. Describe the inside of Annie's house.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)