|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape was Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) It was an incribed bench.
(b) It was an Obelisk.
(c) It was a square stone building.
(d) It was a Mausoleum.
2. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Seven feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Nine feet tall.
(d) Eight feet tall.
3. Describe Danelle.
(a) Skinny with the gaunt beauty of a bar queen.
(b) Voluptuous with a movie star's beauty.
(c) Medium-build and not very attractive.
(d) Plump with bright shiny black eyes.
4. What was in the small leather bag inside Dan's shirt?
(a) A turquoise ring.
(b) A small silver picture frame with a picture of Bobbie in it.
(c) An Indian charm.
(d) A stone.
5. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
2. What does Dan say he sometimes imagines doing in revenge for the whites taking everything sacred to Indians?
3. What gift had the Creator given Dan?
4. How did Dan's grandfathers give him the song?
5. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Dan means when he talks about white mens' cages?
2. Describe Annie.
3. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
4. Dan said the white people had made them blanket Indians hanging around the trading post for handouts. What did he say they were now?
5. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
6. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
7. Describe Grover's drive to Annie's house in the beginning of Chapter 20.
8. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
9. Dan said the trouble wasn't alcohol for the Indians. What did he say the trouble was?
10. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)