|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shot Sitting Bull?
(a) White men.
(b) A rival tribe.
(c) Indian police.
2. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
(a) Part of his cheeseburger.
(b) Rib bones.
(c) A piece of barbequed chicken without the bones.
(d) An edge of his steak sandwich.
3. With what was Annie working in her lap?
(a) She was making an Indian necklace.
(b) She was taking the tops off string beans.
(c) A rosary.
(d) She was shelling peas.
4. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
(a) Boarding schools for their children.
(b) Small pox.
5. Who was Crazy Horse?
(a) Sitting Bull's enemy.
(b) An Indian leader immortalized in a sculpture.
(c) A famous Cherokee Chief.
(d) A famous Apache Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
2. What did Nerburn remember as they drove toward the rocky out croppings?
3. What does Dan mention whites would view as an artifact which should be viewed as sacred?
4. Grover had a tattoo of what on his right arm?
5. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
2. How did the storm affect the three men?
3. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
4. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
5. What are some of the bad things the white men did to the Indians?
6. Describe Annie.
7. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
8. Dan said the trouble wasn't alcohol for the Indians. What did he say the trouble was?
9. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
10. According to Dan, why are white people in trouble?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)