|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(b) West of the Missouri.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) The Badlands.
2. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
(b) "Prairie NIggers."
(c) "Red Skins."
3. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
(a) Wilted flowers.
(b) Prayer notes.
(c) Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
(d) Plastic flowers.
4. How was the land to the east of the Missouri river different from the land to the west?
(a) It was a land of dreamers.
(b) It was formed by a glacier.
(c) It was more fertile.
(d) It was a land of freedom rather than labor.
5. What color did Nerburn say the morning sky was?
(c) Light blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan rebuke Nerburn about in Chapter 12?
2. Grover had a tattoo of what on his right arm?
3. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
4. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
5. To what did Nerburn compare what was happening on the grassy field below them in Chapter 12?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)