|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what did Nerburn compare what was happening on the grassy field below them in Chapter 12?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) A medieval battlefield.
(c) A musical performance.
(d) A WWI battle scene.
2. What New England writer did Dan bring up in the conversation?
(a) Emily Dickinson.
(c) Mary Baker Eddy.
3. What color did Nerburn say the morning sky was?
(c) Light blue.
4. What did Bobbie train Fatback to do?
(a) Roll over.
(d) Sit up.
5. What did Grover whisper after the ferocious storm had subsided?
(a) "The Winged One."
(b) "Wakan Tanka."
(c) "Thank you Great Creator."
(d) "The Storm Chief."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Wanekia?
2. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
3. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
4. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
5. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)