|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did April give Nerburn?
(a) A drawing.
(b) Some wild flowers.
(c) A bright stone.
(d) A feather.
2. What were the seven stars supposed to have taught the Lakota?
(a) How to have seven council fires.
(b) How to kill seven bears.
(c) How to have seven children.
(d) How to chant seven prayers.
3. What is a wipoye?
(a) An Indian wise woman.
(b) An Indian chant.
(c) A medicine bag.
(d) A dream-catcher.
4. Who was Crazy Horse?
(a) A famous Cherokee Chief.
(b) An Indian leader immortalized in a sculpture.
(c) Sitting Bull's enemy.
(d) A famous Apache Chief.
5. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Nine times.
(b) Eight times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Seven times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Wanekia?
2. How was the land to the east of the Missouri river different from the land to the west?
3. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
4. What was in the small leather bag inside Dan's shirt?
5. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)