|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
2. Of what did the latticework arch between the two pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
(a) The entrance to amusement parks.
(b) The entrance to a western ranch.
(c) The tracery over Nazi death camps.
(d) The entrance to a rich person's home in the east.
3. Who was Crazy Horse?
(a) A famous Cherokee Chief.
(b) A famous Apache Chief.
(c) An Indian leader immortalized in a sculpture.
(d) Sitting Bull's enemy.
4. What did the French want from the Indians?
5. Who shot Sitting Bull?
(a) A rival tribe.
(b) Indian police.
(d) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
2. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
3. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
4. To what did Nerburn compare what was happening on the grassy field below them in Chapter 12?
5. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the inside of Annie's house.
2. Describe Annie's yard and other things outside her house.
3. What are some of the bad things the white men did to the Indians?
4. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
5. Describe what Dan means when he talks about white mens' cages?
6. What is Paha Sapa?
7. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
8. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
9. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
10. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)