|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Sitting Bull great?
(a) He didn't rule, he led.
(b) He won many battles.
(c) He had a large tribe under him.
(d) He hated the white man.
2. What did Grover sprinkle in the fire that the bad spirits hated?
(c) Evergreen needles.
3. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
4. What shape was Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) It was an incribed bench.
(b) It was a Mausoleum.
(c) It was a square stone building.
(d) It was an Obelisk.
5. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
(a) He wasn't poetic enough.
(b) He had too much anger.
(c) He had married a white woman.
(d) He hadn't graduated from Haskell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
2. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
3. What did Grover do when they got back on the road?
4. With what was Annie working in her lap?
5. What kind of a woman did Nerburn perceive Annie to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
2. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
3. Describe the inside of Annie's house.
4. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
5. Describe Annie's house.
6. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
7. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
8. Describe Grover's drive to Annie's house in the beginning of Chapter 20.
9. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
10. Describe Annie.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)