|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
2. Of what did the latticework arch between the two pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
(a) The entrance to a rich person's home in the east.
(b) The entrance to amusement parks.
(c) The entrance to a western ranch.
(d) The tracery over Nazi death camps.
3. What did Dan say was the biggest thing to white people?
4. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Eight feet tall.
(b) Nine feet tall.
(c) Seven feet tall.
(d) Ten feet tall.
5. What was the object wrapped in a blanket that Grover took out of his trunk?
(a) A song book.
(b) A dream-catcher.
(c) A drum.
(d) An Indian head-dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Wanekia?
2. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
3. What reason did Nerburn give for not wearing a watch?
4. Who was Ziolkowski?
5. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
2. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
3. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
4. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
5. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
6. What is Paha Sapa?
7. Describe the inside of Annie's house.
8. What was the difference between Lincoln and Jesus in Dan's eyes?
9. Dan said the white people had made them blanket Indians hanging around the trading post for handouts. What did he say they were now?
10. Dan said the trouble wasn't alcohol for the Indians. What did he say the trouble was?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)