|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Nine times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Eight times.
(d) Seven times.
2. What was the object wrapped in a blanket that Grover took out of his trunk?
(a) A song book.
(b) A dream-catcher.
(c) A drum.
(d) An Indian head-dress.
3. Describe Danelle.
(a) Plump with bright shiny black eyes.
(b) Voluptuous with a movie star's beauty.
(c) Medium-build and not very attractive.
(d) Skinny with the gaunt beauty of a bar queen.
4. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Eight feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Seven feet tall.
(d) Nine feet tall.
5. What is a wipoye?
(a) A dream-catcher.
(b) A medicine bag.
(c) An Indian wise woman.
(d) An Indian chant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dan's grandfathers give him the song?
2. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
3. What was in the small leather bag inside Dan's shirt?
4. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
5. What does Dan say he sometimes imagines doing in revenge for the whites taking everything sacred to Indians?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
2. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
3. Describe Annie.
4. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
5. Describe Annie's house.
6. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
7. Describe the inside of Annie's house.
8. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
9. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
10. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)