|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
(a) Anger and tears.
(b) Great Indian chiefs.
(c) It was an Indian love song.
(d) Indian legends.
2. What was good after the terrible storm?
(a) Grover said a prayer in Lakota.
(b) Everyone was hungry.
(c) Fresh winds from a different direction.
(d) A double rainbow.
3. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
4. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
(a) Running Wolf's Burial Site.
(b) Black Elk's Burial Site.
(c) Sitting Bull's Burial Site.
(d) Lone Wolf's Burial Site.
5. What did Dan rebuke Nerburn about in Chapter 12?
(a) Wandering off.
(b) Not listening.
(c) Being too white.
(d) Talking too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large was the plot of ground inside the pillars and bordered by cement?
2. What did Bobbie train Fatback to do?
3. What were the seven stars supposed to have taught the Lakota?
4. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
5. What did Grover sprinkle in the fire that the bad spirits hated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Dan means when he talks about white mens' cages?
2. What did Dan answer when Nerburn asked him if the Pow Wow was their destination?
3. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
4. How did the storm affect the three men?
5. Dan said the white people had made them blanket Indians hanging around the trading post for handouts. What did he say they were now?
6. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
7. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
8. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
9. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
10. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)