|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Danelle's parents die?
(a) They were lost and died of starvation.
(b) In an airplane crash.
(c) From smallpox.
(d) They were shot but the police said a car accident.
2. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
3. How many times did Dan take a pinch of tobacco and offer it to the wind?
(a) Six times.
(b) Seven times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
4. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
(a) It makes Dan angry and Nerburn feel bad.
(b) It doesn't make any difference in the facts.
(c) He considers Nerburn a friend.
(d) It's not good for Indian-White relationships.
5. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan take out of the trunk at Wounded Knee?
2. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
3. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
4. What was the Wanekia?
5. What did Dan rebuke Nerburn about in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some of the signs along the road in Chapter 22.
2. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
3. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
4. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
5. What was the difference between Lincoln and Jesus in Dan's eyes?
6. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
7. Describe Annie's house.
8. Dan said the white people had made them blanket Indians hanging around the trading post for handouts. What did he say they were now?
9. Of what did the latticework arch between the pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
10. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)