|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Crazy Horse?
(a) A famous Apache Chief.
(b) A famous Cherokee Chief.
(c) An Indian leader immortalized in a sculpture.
(d) Sitting Bull's enemy.
2. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
(a) To take the other tribe's women as wives.
(b) To 'count coup.'
(c) To kill as many of the other tribe as possible.
(d) To take as many prisoners as possible.
3. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
(a) He asked whether the Indian was going to the burial site.
(b) He asked the Indian how old he was.
(c) He asked the Indian if he was a Lakota.
(d) He asked the Indian what tribe he was from.
4. What does Dan mention whites would view as an artifact which should be viewed as sacred?
(a) A dream-catcher.
(b) His grandmother's skull.
(c) Lakota prayers written on deer skin.
(d) An Indian burial mound.
5. Of what did the latticework arch between the two pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
(a) The tracery over Nazi death camps.
(b) The entrance to a rich person's home in the east.
(c) The entrance to a western ranch.
(d) The entrance to amusement parks.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what did Nerburn compare what was happening on the grassy field below them in Chapter 12?
2. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
3. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
4. What gift did April give Nerburn?
5. What reason did Nerburn give for not wearing a watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
2. Describe Annie's yard and other things outside her house.
3. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
4. Describe Annie's house.
5. Name some of the signs along the road in Chapter 22.
6. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
7. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
8. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
9. How did the storm affect the three men?
10. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)