|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sitting Bull's monument overlook?
(a) A Homestead town.
(b) The Kansas plains.
(c) A Lakota settlement.
(d) The Missouri River Valley.
2. What do white men want from the Indians now?
(d) The minerals and forests.
3. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
(a) He asked whether the Indian was going to the burial site.
(b) He asked the Indian how old he was.
(c) He asked the Indian what tribe he was from.
(d) He asked the Indian if he was a Lakota.
4. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
(a) Chief Black Elk.
(b) Chief Running Bear.
(c) Chief Lone Wolf.
(d) Chief Joseph.
5. Of what did the latticework arch between the two pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
(a) The entrance to a rich person's home in the east.
(b) The entrance to amusement parks.
(c) The tracery over Nazi death camps.
(d) The entrance to a western ranch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
2. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
3. What did Nerburn feel was a comfort and protection from the thoughts of the dying women and children at Wounded Knee?
4. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
5. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Annie.
2. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
3. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
4. How did the storm affect the three men?
5. Of what did the latticework arch between the pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
6. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
7. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
8. Describe Grover's drive to Annie's house in the beginning of Chapter 20.
9. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
10. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)