|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Dan take a pinch of tobacco and offer it to the wind?
(a) Six times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Seven times.
(d) Four times.
2. What did Grover sprinkle in the fire that the bad spirits hated?
(c) Evergreen needles.
3. How old was Annie?
(a) About 65.
(b) About 55.
(c) About 59.
(d) Almost as old as Dan.
4. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
(a) No, his book would be different.
(b) Yes, he was writing a similar book.
(c) "More like Sitting Bull Speaks."
(d) Maybe, "Black Dog Speaks."
5. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
(a) He considers Nerburn a friend.
(b) It doesn't make any difference in the facts.
(c) It makes Dan angry and Nerburn feel bad.
(d) It's not good for Indian-White relationships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Crazy Horse?
2. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
3. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
4. What was in the small leather bag inside Dan's shirt?
5. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
2. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
3. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
4. What was the difference between Lincoln and Jesus in Dan's eyes?
5. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
6. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
7. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
8. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
9. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
10. Dan said the trouble wasn't alcohol for the Indians. What did he say the trouble was?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)