|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shape was Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) It was an incribed bench.
(b) It was a square stone building.
(c) It was an Obelisk.
(d) It was a Mausoleum.
2. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Sang a song in Lakota.
(b) Prayed to the North, South, East and West.
(c) Tied a small cloth bundle from his bag to the fence.
(d) Chanted a prayer in Lakota.
3. What color did Nerburn say the morning sky was?
(c) Light blue.
4. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(a) West of the Missouri.
(b) The Badlands.
(d) South Dakota.
5. What kind of a woman did Nerburn perceive Annie to be?
(a) An angry woman.
(b) A kind woman.
(c) A bitter woman.
(d) A sad woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many dogs did Annie have?
2. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
3. Where did Nerburn sleep when he was at Annie's house?
4. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
5. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
2. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
3. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
4. What is Paha Sapa?
5. Describe what Dan means when he talks about white mens' cages?
6. Describe Annie's house.
7. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
8. Describe the inside of Annie's house.
9. What did Dan answer when Nerburn asked him if the Pow Wow was their destination?
10. What was the difference between Lincoln and Jesus in Dan's eyes?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)