|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is waziya?
(a) Wind from the east.
(b) Wind from the south.
(c) Wind from the west.
(d) Wind from the north.
2. Grover had a tattoo of what on his right arm?
(a) A heart.
(b) A scull.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A woman's name.
3. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
(a) Black Elk's Burial Site.
(b) Lone Wolf's Burial Site.
(c) Sitting Bull's Burial Site.
(d) Running Wolf's Burial Site.
4. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
5. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
(b) Small pox.
(c) Boarding schools for their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
2. How did Danelle's parents die?
3. What do white men want from the Indians now?
4. What does Dan mention whites would view as an artifact which should be viewed as sacred?
5. What gift had the Creator given Dan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paha Sapa?
2. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
3. Describe Grover's drive to Annie's house in the beginning of Chapter 20.
4. Of what did the latticework arch between the pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
5. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
6. Describe Annie.
7. How did the storm affect the three men?
8. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
9. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
10. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)