|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
2. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
(a) Chief Black Elk.
(b) Chief Joseph.
(c) Chief Lone Wolf.
(d) Chief Running Bear.
3. What did Grover do when they got back on the road?
(a) He called out the signs they passed.
(b) He started singing a Lakota song.
(c) He started ranting against the whites.
(d) He started telling Lakota legends.
4. Why was Sitting Bull great?
(a) He hated the white man.
(b) He didn't rule, he led.
(c) He had a large tribe under him.
(d) He won many battles.
5. What did the Spanish want from the Indians?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
2. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
3. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
4. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
5. What is a wipoye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dan take out of the trunk of the car at Wounded Knee?
2. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
3. Describe the Homestead town they visited in Chapter 15.
4. Name some of the signs along the road in Chapter 22.
5. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
6. Describe Grover's drive to Annie's house in the beginning of Chapter 20.
7. What did Dan take out of his large bag four times during the time he circled the fenced area?
8. Dan said the white people had made them blanket Indians hanging around the trading post for handouts. What did he say they were now?
9. Describe Annie.
10. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)