|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
2. How many dogs did Annie have?
3. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
4. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
(a) He had married a white woman.
(b) He had too much anger.
(c) He hadn't graduated from Haskell.
(d) He wasn't poetic enough.
5. The Catholic church held a conference to determine what about Indians?
(a) If they could go to heaven.
(b) If intermarriage with white Catholics should be allowed.
(c) Whether they were people or animals.
(d) If they should be allowed to receive Communion.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
2. What gift had the Creator given Dan?
3. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
4. How old is April?
5. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dan answer when Nerburn asked him if the Pow Wow was their destination?
2. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
3. What was the difference between Lincoln and Jesus in Dan's eyes?
4. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
5. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
6. Describe Annie's house.
7. Dan said the trouble wasn't alcohol for the Indians. What did he say the trouble was?
8. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
9. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
10. Why was Thoreau mentioned in the conversation?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)