|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the land to the east of the Missouri river different from the land to the west?
(a) It was formed by a glacier.
(b) It was more fertile.
(c) It was a land of dreamers.
(d) It was a land of freedom rather than labor.
2. What kind of a woman did Nerburn perceive Annie to be?
(a) A sad woman.
(b) A bitter woman.
(c) A kind woman.
(d) An angry woman.
3. How old is April?
4. What did the English want from the Indians?
5. What did Dan say Nerburn thought too much about?
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
2. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
3. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
4. What color did Nerburn say the morning sky was?
5. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stood in the middle of the plot that was through the pillars?
2. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
3. What did the Indian couple that was in the restaurant in the Homestead town do to disgrace Indians?
4. Describe Danelle and Delvin, Dan's other granddaughter and her husband.
5. Describe Annie's house.
6. What are some of the bad things the white men did to the Indians?
7. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
8. The monument at Wounded Knee was erected in memory of what?
9. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
10. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)