|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Dan's grandmother receive for sitting on a blanket and having her picture taken?
(a) A dime.
(b) A nickel.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) A quarter.
2. On what kind of sandwich did Grover often make for which Dan complimented him?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
(b) Tuna fish sandwich.
(c) Baloney sandwich.
(d) Roast Beef sandwich.
3. What had an old farmer in Bismarck told Nerburn when he asked why he never went east?
(a) He said, "It's too expensive in the east."
(b) He said, "there are too many big cities in the east."
(c) He said "nah, trees make me nervous."
(d) He said, "I can't afford the trip."
4. How far apart were the houses in the village?
(a) About a mile apart.
(b) About 75 ft. from one another.
(c) About a half a mile apart.
(d) About a quarter of a mile apart.
5. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
(a) Watiki Tokan.
(b) The Great Spirit.
(c) Wakan Tanka.
(d) Walka Tenken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Nerburn's truck?
2. On what reservation had Nerburn worked several years before?
3. What was Grover's answer when Dan asked him why he didn't have any junk cars in his yard?
4. What movie star did Dan like?
5. What did Grover, Dan and Nerburn have for lunch at Grover's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dan's house.
2. What did Dan say about being called an Indian?
3. Describe Grover's house.
4. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
5. What happened to Nerburn's black Nissan truck when he got back in it to drive away?
6. When Nerburn went to Dan's house the next day to tell him he was leaving what did he find?
7. What was Grover's answer when Dan asked him why he didn't have any junk cars in his yard and what was he referring to?
8. Describe the houses in the Indian village Dan and Nerburn pass on their way to Grover's house.
9. Describe the scene in Grover's Buick on the way back that moved Nerburn to tears.
10. Who was the white lady Grover mentioned and what had she wanted to do?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)