|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what piece of music was Nerburn reminded as they drove through the deepening evening?
(a) Telemann's C Minor Mass.
(b) Handel's Messiah.
(c) Bach's B Minor Mass.
(d) Mozart's Coronation Mass.
2. The Indians Grover was watching on television looked like what nationality?
(b) Puerto Ricans.
3. What color hatband was on Grover's cowboy hat?
(d) Navy blue.
4. What was Grover doing when Dan and Nerburn came to visit him?
(a) Reading one of Nerburn's books.
(b) Watching a black and white cowboy movie on television.
(d) Fixing his Buick.
5. According to Dan, the Creator love the smell of what?
(a) The spring prairie flowers.
(b) The Indian camp fire.
(c) The spring rain.
(d) Sweet grass sprinkled into a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan feel he should forgive the white man?
2. What were the most important assets Nerburn had in writing the book?
3. What adjective did Nerburn use to describe what white people thought Indians were with which Dan agreed?
4. Why did the woman from New York say the Red Road books were not helpful in finding out about the Indians?
5. What did Dan's granddaughter put in the breakfast oatmeal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dan asked Nerburn to read one of the papers he had written using the Elder's notes and clippings. Describe that paper.
2. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
3. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
4. Where was Nerburn sitting in Grover's Buick on the trip he took with Grover and Dan and what was he doing?
5. What was Dan sprinkling into the fire when Nerburn drove up to his house on the next morning in Chapter Two, "Burn Offerings" and what was the significance of this?
6. Describe the scene in Grover's Buick on the way back that moved Nerburn to tears.
7. Describe Grover's house.
8. Why did Kent Nerburn want to write this book?
9. What did Dan say about being called an Indian?
10. What were some of the things discussed by Dan and Grover and Nerburn as they watched an old cowboy and Indian movie on television?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)