|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Grover's Buick?
2. What did Nerburn use to pack his belongings?
(a) A green aviator's bag.
(b) A black canvas bag.
(c) A blue Samsonite suitcase.
(d) A small brown valise.
3. What did Dan's Indian friends call Nerburn?
(b) City boy.
(c) Grizzly Adams.
(d) White man.
4. What color was Grover's couch?
(c) Dark red.
5. How did Grover wear his hair?
(a) Long and straggly hanging loose.
(b) In a pony tail.
(c) Medium length parted at the side.
(d) In a crew cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
2. In what kind of vehicle was the Hippie family traveling?
3. Where was Grover's house located?
4. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
5. What adjective did Nerburn use to describe what white people thought Indians were with which Dan agreed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Nerburn find when he returned to Dan's house several months later?
2. Describe Grover's house.
3. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
4. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
5. Dan asked Nerburn to read one of the papers he had written using the Elder's notes and clippings. Describe that paper.
6. When Nerburn went to Dan's house the next day to tell him he was leaving what did he find?
7. Who passed Grover as he drove 45 mph on the trip they were taking?
8. Describe the telephone call Nerburn got.
9. Describe the "wannabe" Hippies they ran into at the truck stop.
10. What did Dan say about being called an Indian?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)