Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan particularly not like about Hippies?
(a) That they took drugs.
(b) The Hippie hand shake.
(c) Their bad manners.
(d) That they practiced free love.
2. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
(a) By slightly off-colored squares surrounded by dotted lines.
(b) Each reservation was a different pastel color mass.
(c) By large black capital letters.
(d) They were surrounded by solid red lines.
3. How much did Dan's grandmother receive for sitting on a blanket and having her picture taken?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) A dime.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A quarter.
4. What did Dan and Grover say about Jumbo's ability to fix Nerburn's NIssan truck?
(a) They said he'd fix it and rent it out till Nerburn returned.
(b) They said he'd probably sell it.
(c) They said he'd never be able to fix it.
(d) They said he'd either fix it or kill it.
5. What request did the Indian woman have when she called Nerburn?
(a) She asked him to visit her grandfather, an Elder.
(b) She asked him if she could visit him.
(c) She asked him to sell her his two books.
(d) She asked him to speak to her grandfather on the phone,.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what college did Dan's grandson graduate?
2. Why did the Lakota Elder want to talk with Nerburn?
3. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
4. How old was Grover?
5. Where was Grover's house located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dan tell Nerburn about the prairie dogs?
2. By what means did white men attempt to exterminate the Indians?
3. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
4. Describe Grover's drive to Annie's house in the beginning of Chapter 20.
5. According to Dan, why are white people in trouble?
6. What happened to Nerburn's black Nissan truck when he got back in it to drive away?
7. What was Dan sprinkling into the fire when Nerburn drove up to his house on the next morning in Chapter Two, "Burn Offerings" and what was the significance of this?
8. What were some of the reasons why Nerburn considered going home after his lunch with Grover and Dan?
9. What was the difference between Lincoln and Jesus in Dan's eyes?
10. Describe Annie's yard and other things outside her house.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)