Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lakota people consider a sacred offering?
(a) Buffalo hides.
(b) River stones.
2. Why does Dan feel he should forgive the white man?
(a) The land, the mountain and forest teach him to heal and forgive.
(b) He pities the white man as an inferior being.
(c) He feels he might do what they did if in their place.
(d) He feels he has no alternative but to forgive.
3. How did Nerburn feel when he was among the Indians?
(a) Angry and aggressive.
(b) Curious and defensive.
(c) Anxious and fearful.
(d) Happy and honored.
4. What did Dan's granddaughter put in the breakfast oatmeal?
(d) Bacon grease.
5. What were the most important assets Nerburn had in writing the book?
(a) His love and respect of Indians.
(b) His previous experience with the Lakota.
(c) The pen and the tape recorder.
(d) Dan's notes and clippings in the shoebox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wenonah suggest Nerburn do?
2. What had an old farmer in Bismarck told Nerburn when he asked why he never went east?
3. How did Grover wear his hair?
4. Describe Nerburn's immediate family.
5. According to Dan, the Creator love the smell of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Grover's drive to Annie's house in the beginning of Chapter 20.
2. Dan asked Nerburn to read one of the papers he had written using the Elder's notes and clippings. Describe that paper.
3. What were some of the reasons why Nerburn considered going home after his lunch with Grover and Dan?
4. Describe Annie's house.
5. Describe Grover.
6. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
7. According to Dan, why are white people in trouble?
8. Describe Annie's yard and other things outside her house.
9. Describe what was on the grassy field below where Dan, Grover and Nerburn were parked in Chapter 12.
10. What did Dan answer when Nerburn asked him if the Pow Wow was their destination?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)