|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the most important assets Nerburn had in writing the book?
(a) Dan's notes and clippings in the shoebox.
(b) His previous experience with the Lakota.
(c) The pen and the tape recorder.
(d) His love and respect of Indians.
2. Who did Nerburn sit next to in the Buick on the trip?
3. What did the Lakota word "wasichu" mean in English?
(a) White man.
4. What color was Grover's couch?
(d) Dark red.
5. What is the lie of the good man, according to Dan?
(a) Changing the subject of the conversation.
(b) A confession of ignorance.
(d) A white lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Nerburn's truck?
2. How old was Grover?
3. What had an old farmer in Bismarck told Nerburn when he asked why he never went east?
4. Why does Dan feel he should forgive the white man?
5. What did Dan's Indian friends call Nerburn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Grover's house.
2. Describe the scene in Grover's Buick on the way back that moved Nerburn to tears.
3. Write some things about Dan's grandson.
4. What did Dan tell Nerburn about the prairie dogs?
5. Describe Dan's house.
6. Describe Annie's house.
7. Dan asked Nerburn to help him and Nerburn wanted to do that but what else did Nerburn feel he needed to do?
8. How do whites treat history of Lincoln differently than the history of Jesus?
9. Describe what was in the bundle Grover took out of his trunk that he and Dan unwrapped in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
10. How did the storm affect the three men?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)