|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dan, how do white people learn?
(a) By experimenting.
(b) By listening.
(c) By reading.
(d) By talking.
2. About how much did Jumbo the car mechanic weigh?
(a) Well over 400 lbs.
(b) Well over 350 lbs.
(c) 295 lbs.
(d) 500 lbs.
3. Where was Grover's house located?
(a) In the next village.
(b) On the other side of the village.
(c) In the middle of the village.
(d) Down the road from Dan's house.
4. What color was Grover's couch?
(a) Dark red.
5. How did the Indians measure people when times were bad?
(a) By whether they were able to survive.
(b) By whether they were rich.
(c) By whether they were poor.
(d) By how they shared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dan feel it was stupid to be called an Indian?
2. Why did the Lakota Elder want to talk with Nerburn?
3. Where did Fatback live?
4. What sentence, according to Nerburn, sums up America?
5. What was the name of the old Indian's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. By what means did white men attempt to exterminate the Indians?
2. What did Dan tell Nerburn about the prairie dogs?
3. Why did Kent Nerburn want to write this book?
4. What happened to Nerburn's black Nissan truck when he got back in it to drive away?
5. Describe Dan's house.
6. Describe the "wannabe" Hippies they ran into at the truck stop.
7. Describe Grover's house.
8. Where was Nerburn sitting in Grover's Buick on the trip he took with Grover and Dan and what was he doing?
9. Write some things about Dan's grandson.
10. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)