|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far apart were the houses in the village?
(a) About a quarter of a mile apart.
(b) About 75 ft. from one another.
(c) About a mile apart.
(d) About a half a mile apart.
2. What had an old farmer in Bismarck told Nerburn when he asked why he never went east?
(a) He said, "It's too expensive in the east."
(b) He said "nah, trees make me nervous."
(c) He said, "I can't afford the trip."
(d) He said, "there are too many big cities in the east."
3. What do white people fear that Indians do not and even cultivate?
4. What did Nerburn buy at the local store before proceeding to the old Indian's house?
(a) A soda.
(b) A pack of chewing gum.
(c) A pack of Prince Albert tobacco.
(d) A candy bar.
5. What was the only sign of industriousness that could be seen in the village?
(a) The gardens behind each house.
(b) The men working on their cars.
(c) The cleanly swept sidewalks in front of the houses.
(d) The line of laundry flapping in the wind behind each house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grover, Dan and Nerburn have for lunch at Grover's house?
2. According to Dan, how do white people learn?
3. When Dan asked what Gitchi-gumi was, what did Nerburn answer?
4. What was Nerburn's first inclination to do after leaving his Nissan at Jumbo's?
5. How did Grover wear his hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. By what means did white men attempt to exterminate the Indians?
2. Who was the white lady Grover mentioned and what had she wanted to do?
3. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
4. When Nerburn went to Dan's house the next day to tell him he was leaving what did he find?
5. What happened to Nerburn's black Nissan truck when he got back in it to drive away?
6. Where was Nerburn sitting in Grover's Buick on the trip he took with Grover and Dan and what was he doing?
7. What were some of the things discussed by Dan and Grover and Nerburn as they watched an old cowboy and Indian movie on television?
8. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
9. What did Dan give Nerburn and what did Nerburn do with them?
10. Describe the "wannabe" Hippies they ran into at the truck stop.
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)