|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much did Jumbo the car mechanic weigh?
(a) 500 lbs.
(b) 295 lbs.
(c) Well over 350 lbs.
(d) Well over 400 lbs.
2. Who was in "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show" for awhile?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Lakota elders.
(c) A Navajo medicine man.
(d) Black Elk.
3. Why did the woman from New York say the Red Road books were not helpful in finding out about the Indians?
(a) She didn't care to learn the truth about the Lakota people.
(b) The Indians in the book weren't like the "movie Indians."
(c) She didn't trust a book written by a white man.
(d) The Indians sounded "flat and uninteresting" in the books.
4. What tribe of Indians were the cowboys fighting in the movie Grover was watching?
5. What did the Lakota word "wasichu" mean in English?
(d) White man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nerburn use to pack his belongings?
2. On what kind of sandwich did Grover often make for which Dan complimented him?
3. In what kind of vehicle was the Hippie family traveling?
4. Where was Grover's house located?
5. What was the name of the old Indian's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dan say about being called an Indian?
2. When Nerburn went to Dan's house the next day to tell him he was leaving what did he find?
3. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
4. What did Nerburn find when he returned to Dan's house several months later?
5. What was Grover's answer when Dan asked him why he didn't have any junk cars in his yard and what was he referring to?
6. Describe Grover.
7. Describe Dan's house.
8. Who passed Grover as he drove 45 mph on the trip they were taking?
9. Describe the landmark Nerburn came upon when riding across North Dakota on his motorcycle.
10. Describe the houses in the Indian village Dan and Nerburn pass on their way to Grover's house.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)