|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grover insist they order at the truck stop?
(a) Pancakes and sausages.
(b) Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches and fries.
(c) Fried eggs and bacon.
(d) Bacon double cheeseburgers and fries.
2. The Indians Grover was watching on television looked like what nationality?
(a) Puerto Ricans.
3. What did Dan like about Nerburn?
(a) He was quiet.
(b) He was polite.
(c) He was thoughtful.
(d) He wasn't trying to be an Indian.
4. Why did the Lakota Elder want to talk with Nerburn?
(a) He had seen the two books Nerburn had written.
(b) He was interested in white people.
(c) He was curious about Nerburn's interest in the Lakota.
(d) He wanted to invite him to a pow wow.
5. What did Grover, Dan and Nerburn have for lunch at Grover's house?
(a) Roast beef sandwiches.
(b) Tuna fish sandwiches.
(c) Grape jelly and peanut butter sandwiches.
(d) Baloney sandwiches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nerburn feel when he was among the Indians?
2. What was the name of the old Indian's dog?
3. In what year was the book updated?
4. Why does Dan feel he should forgive the white man?
5. What Indian had counseled reaching out a hand of peace to the white people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
2. Why did Indians wear long hair?
3. What did Dan say one had to do to be like an Indian?
4. What did Nerburn find when he returned to Dan's house several months later?
5. What was Dan sprinkling into the fire when Nerburn drove up to his house on the next morning in Chapter Two, "Burn Offerings" and what was the significance of this?
6. Who was the white lady Grover mentioned and what had she wanted to do?
7. When Nerburn went to Dan's house the next day to tell him he was leaving what did he find?
8. Name some of the signs along the road in Chapter 22.
9. What was the advice Dan gave Nerburn in Chapter 12, "Welcome to Our Land"?
10. What were some of the reasons why Nerburn considered going home after his lunch with Grover and Dan?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)