|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Lakota Elder want to talk with Nerburn?
(a) He was interested in white people.
(b) He had seen the two books Nerburn had written.
(c) He wanted to invite him to a pow wow.
(d) He was curious about Nerburn's interest in the Lakota.
2. According to Dan, how do white people learn?
(a) By listening.
(b) By talking.
(c) By reading.
(d) By experimenting.
3. What color hatband was on Grover's cowboy hat?
(a) Navy blue.
4. What color was Grover's Buick?
5. The Indians Grover was watching on television looked like what nationality?
(a) Puerto Ricans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of truck did Nerburn own?
2. Dan's lifestyle was like whose?
3. What kind of horses were all the Indians in the television cowboy movie riding?
4. How much did Dan's grandmother receive for sitting on a blanket and having her picture taken?
5. What was outside of the Old Indian's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Dan asked Nerburn to read one of the papers he had written using the Elder's notes and clippings. Describe that paper.
2. Where was Nerburn sitting in Grover's Buick on the trip he took with Grover and Dan and what was he doing?
3. What were some of the things discussed by Dan and Grover and Nerburn as they watched an old cowboy and Indian movie on television?
4. Describe Grover's house.
5. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
6. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
7. Describe Dan's house.
8. What did Dan say about being called an Indian?
9. Describe Grover.
10. What did Dan give Nerburn and what did Nerburn do with them?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)