|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do white people fear that Indians do not and even cultivate?
2. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
(a) The white people's marriage customs.
(b) The white people's attitude toward possessions.
(c) The white people's emphasis on education.
(d) The white people's way of raising their children.
3. What did Nerburn use to pack his belongings?
(a) A green aviator's bag.
(b) A black canvas bag.
(c) A blue Samsonite suitcase.
(d) A small brown valise.
4. About how much did Jumbo the car mechanic weigh?
(a) Well over 350 lbs.
(b) Well over 400 lbs.
(c) 295 lbs.
(d) 500 lbs.
5. From what college did Dan's grandson graduate?
(c) North Dakota U.
(d) Notre Dame.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what reservation had Nerburn worked several years before?
2. What was inside the three-sided wooden structure Nerburn came across on his motorcycle trip?
3. What Indian people did Dan say were killing Indians?
4. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
5. What drug did Nerburn take in the sixties that mimicked the experience Dan had listening to the dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Grover.
2. When Nerburn went to Dan's house the next day to tell him he was leaving what did he find?
3. What was Dan sprinkling into the fire when Nerburn drove up to his house on the next morning in Chapter Two, "Burn Offerings" and what was the significance of this?
4. Why did Indians wear long hair?
5. Why wasn't Grover bothered by the presence of the Hippies?
6. Describe where Nerburn's Nissan truck ended up.
7. What happened to Nerburn's black Nissan truck when he got back in it to drive away?
8. What were some of the reasons why Nerburn considered going home after his lunch with Grover and Dan?
9. What was Grover's answer when Dan asked him why he didn't have any junk cars in his yard and what was he referring to?
10. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)