|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lakota word "wasichu" mean in English?
(d) White man.
2. What tribe of Indians were the cowboys fighting in the movie Grover was watching?
3. How did Grover wear his hair?
(a) In a crew cut.
(b) In a pony tail.
(c) Medium length parted at the side.
(d) Long and straggly hanging loose.
4. What movie star did Dan like?
(a) John Wayne.
(b) Roy Rogers.
(c) Gene Autry.
(d) Hopalong Cassidy.
5. What kind of horses were all the Indians in the television cowboy movie riding?
(a) Black horses.
(c) Wild horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fatback live?
2. How do Dan and the Lakota people feel about being called Indians?
3. Why didn't Nerburn play cards?
4. In what kind of vehicle was the Hippie family traveling?
5. What were Dan and Nerburn listening to as they sat on Dan's front porch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the telephone call Nerburn got.
2. Why wasn't Grover bothered by the presence of the Hippies?
3. Explain the Indians' philosophy and practice of silence and how it differs from the white mens' way.
4. What did Dan say about being called an Indian?
5. What did Dan tell Nerburn about the prairie dogs?
6. What was Grover's answer when Dan asked him why he didn't have any junk cars in his yard and what was he referring to?
7. Describe the houses in the Indian village Dan and Nerburn pass on their way to Grover's house.
8. Where was Nerburn sitting in Grover's Buick on the trip he took with Grover and Dan and what was he doing?
9. Write some things about Dan's grandson.
10. Describe the landmark Nerburn came upon when riding across North Dakota on his motorcycle.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)