|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dan, the Creator love the smell of what?
(a) The spring prairie flowers.
(b) The Indian camp fire.
(c) Sweet grass sprinkled into a fire.
(d) The spring rain.
2. How did Grover wear his hair?
(a) In a pony tail.
(b) Long and straggly hanging loose.
(c) Medium length parted at the side.
(d) In a crew cut.
3. How fast did Grover drive his Buick?
(a) He crept along at about 30 miles per hour.
(b) He drove about 60 miles per hour.
(c) He seldom drove over 45 miles per hour.
(d) He drove at exactly the speed limit.
4. How do Dan and the Lakota people feel about being called Indians?
(a) They don't care about something like a name.
(b) They are fighting mad.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are highly insulted.
5. The Indians Grover was watching on television looked like what nationality?
(d) Puerto Ricans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nerburn's first inclination to do after leaving his Nissan at Jumbo's?
2. What did Wenonah suggest Nerburn do?
3. What was outside of the Old Indian's house?
4. Who was in "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show" for awhile?
5. What did the guys in Grover's unit call him when he was in Korea?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Nerburn went to Dan's house the next day to tell him he was leaving what did he find?
2. Describe the "wannabe" Hippies they ran into at the truck stop.
3. Describe Dan's house.
4. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
5. What did Dan tell Nerburn about the prairie dogs?
6. Why did Kent Nerburn want to write this book?
7. What did Dan say about being called an Indian?
8. Write some things about Dan's grandson.
9. What happened to Nerburn's black Nissan truck when he got back in it to drive away?
10. Describe the telephone call Nerburn got.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)