|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grover do when they got back on the road?
(a) He started ranting against the whites.
(b) He started singing a Lakota song.
(c) He called out the signs they passed.
(d) He started telling Lakota legends.
2. what did the drunk Indian woman in the restaurant in the Homestead town look like?
(a) Medium build in jeans and a white shirt.
(b) Fat in a long long Indian skirt.
(c) Skinny in very tight jeans.
(d) Like a movie star Indian with long black hair.
3. What is waziya?
(a) Wind from the south.
(b) Wind from the west.
(c) Wind from the east.
(d) Wind from the north.
4. What did Grover whisper after the ferocious storm had subsided?
(a) "The Storm Chief."
(b) "The Winged One."
(c) "Wakan Tanka."
(d) "Thank you Great Creator."
5. With what was Annie working in her lap?
(a) A rosary.
(b) She was making an Indian necklace.
(c) She was taking the tops off string beans.
(d) She was shelling peas.
6. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
(a) A piece of barbequed chicken without the bones.
(b) An edge of his steak sandwich.
(c) Part of his cheeseburger.
(d) Rib bones.
7. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
(a) White silk handkerchiefs.
(b) Ragged silk flags.
(c) Ragged pieces of ribbon.
(d) Small crosses.
8. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Nine feet tall.
(b) Ten feet tall.
(c) Eight feet tall.
(d) Seven feet tall.
9. What was the Wanekia?
(a) The devil.
(b) The Messiah.
(c) The Creator.
(d) The Ghost Dancer.
10. How many times did Dan take a pinch of tobacco and offer it to the wind?
(a) Six times.
(b) Three times.
(c) Seven times.
(d) Four times.
11. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
(a) Great Indian chiefs.
(b) Anger and tears.
(c) It was an Indian love song.
(d) Indian legends.
12. What did the English want from the Indians?
13. Who was Ziolkowski?
(a) A Polish sculptor.
(b) A Polish politician.
(c) A Polish writer.
(d) A Polish composer.
14. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
(a) He asked the Indian how old he was.
(b) He asked the Indian what tribe he was from.
(c) He asked whether the Indian was going to the burial site.
(d) He asked the Indian if he was a Lakota.
15. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in front of Sitting Bull's Monument?
2. How did Danelle's parents die?
3. What was good after the terrible storm?
4. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
5. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)