|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do white men want from the Indians now?
(a) The minerals and forests.
2. How old was Annie?
(a) About 65.
(b) About 55.
(c) About 59.
(d) Almost as old as Dan.
3. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
4. What gift did April give Nerburn?
(a) Some wild flowers.
(b) A feather.
(c) A drawing.
(d) A bright stone.
5. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
(a) He asked the Indian how old he was.
(b) He asked the Indian if he was a Lakota.
(c) He asked the Indian what tribe he was from.
(d) He asked whether the Indian was going to the burial site.
6. What did Grover whisper after the ferocious storm had subsided?
(a) "The Storm Chief."
(b) "Thank you Great Creator."
(c) "Wakan Tanka."
(d) "The Winged One."
7. What did the Spanish want from the Indians?
8. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
(a) Wilted flowers.
(b) Plastic flowers.
(c) Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
(d) Prayer notes.
9. What did Grover sprinkle in the fire that the bad spirits hated?
(b) Evergreen needles.
10. Where did Nerburn sleep when he was at Annie's house?
(a) In the back room of the house.
(b) On a bed in the yard.
(c) In a hammock in the yard.
(d) In the Buick.
11. Who was Ziolkowski?
(a) A Polish politician.
(b) A Polish sculptor.
(c) A Polish writer.
(d) A Polish composer.
12. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
(a) It makes Dan angry and Nerburn feel bad.
(b) He considers Nerburn a friend.
(c) It doesn't make any difference in the facts.
(d) It's not good for Indian-White relationships.
13. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
14. What did Dan rebuke Nerburn about in Chapter 12?
(a) Talking too much.
(b) Wandering off.
(c) Not listening.
(d) Being too white.
15. What New England writer did Dan bring up in the conversation?
(b) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Mary Baker Eddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan say was the biggest thing to white people?
2. What reason did Nerburn give for not wearing a watch?
3. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
4. Who was Crazy Horse?
5. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)