|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
(a) Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
(b) Plastic flowers.
(c) Wilted flowers.
(d) Prayer notes.
2. What did Dan rebuke Nerburn about in Chapter 12?
(a) Talking too much.
(b) Not listening.
(c) Being too white.
(d) Wandering off.
3. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
4. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
(a) Ragged silk flags.
(b) White silk handkerchiefs.
(c) Small crosses.
(d) Ragged pieces of ribbon.
5. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Ten feet tall.
(b) Seven feet tall.
(c) Nine feet tall.
(d) Eight feet tall.
6. What did Grover whisper after the ferocious storm had subsided?
(a) "The Winged One."
(b) "The Storm Chief."
(c) "Wakan Tanka."
(d) "Thank you Great Creator."
7. How did Danelle's parents die?
(a) From smallpox.
(b) They were shot but the police said a car accident.
(c) In an airplane crash.
(d) They were lost and died of starvation.
8. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
(a) Big Foot.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Black Foot.
(d) Black Elk.
9. To what was the monument at Wounded Knee dedicated?
(a) The Memory of Chief Lone Wolf.
(b) The Memory of Chief Black Elk.
(c) The Memory of the Big Foot Massacre.
(d) The Memory of Chief Joseph.
10. To what did Nerburn compare what was happening on the grassy field below them in Chapter 12?
(a) A WWI battle scene.
(b) A family reunion.
(c) A medieval battlefield.
(d) A musical performance.
11. What was in front of Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) A bench.
(b) A plaque with Sitting Bull's history on it.
(c) A garden.
(d) A square stone pillar topped by a bust.
12. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
(a) Running Wolf's Burial Site.
(b) Sitting Bull's Burial Site.
(c) Black Elk's Burial Site.
(d) Lone Wolf's Burial Site.
13. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
14. What did the French want from the Indians?
15. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(b) The Badlands.
(c) West of the Missouri.
(d) South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
2. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
3. Who was Crazy Horse?
4. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
5. Of what did the latticework arch between the two pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)