|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bobbie train Fatback to do?
(b) Roll over.
(d) Sit up.
2. About how old was the Indian they picked up on their way to Sitting Bull's Burial Site?
(a) About thirty.
(b) About fifty.
(c) About forty.
(d) About twenty.
3. What did Dan say Nerburn thought too much about?
(d) The weather.
4. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
5. With what was Annie working in her lap?
(a) She was shelling peas.
(b) A rosary.
(c) She was taking the tops off string beans.
(d) She was making an Indian necklace.
6. How many times did Dan take a pinch of tobacco and offer it to the wind?
(a) Six times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Seven times.
7. What did the French want from the Indians?
8. How did Danelle's parents die?
(a) They were shot but the police said a car accident.
(b) They were lost and died of starvation.
(c) In an airplane crash.
(d) From smallpox.
9. What gift did April give Nerburn?
(a) A drawing.
(b) Some wild flowers.
(c) A feather.
(d) A bright stone.
10. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(a) The Badlands.
(c) West of the Missouri.
(d) South Dakota.
11. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
12. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Big Foot.
(d) Black Foot.
13. What did the English want from the Indians?
14. Who shot Sitting Bull?
(a) White men.
(b) Indian police.
(c) A rival tribe.
15. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
(a) Mother earth.
(b) Indian land.
(c) A beautiful place.
(d) White man's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Spanish want from the Indians?
2. What New England writer did Dan bring up in the conversation?
3. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
4. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
5. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)