|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Seven feet tall.
(b) Nine feet tall.
(c) Eight feet tall.
(d) Ten feet tall.
2. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
(a) A piece of barbequed chicken without the bones.
(b) An edge of his steak sandwich.
(c) Rib bones.
(d) Part of his cheeseburger.
3. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
(a) To kill as many of the other tribe as possible.
(b) To take the other tribe's women as wives.
(c) To take as many prisoners as possible.
(d) To 'count coup.'
4. What did the French want from the Indians?
5. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
(a) Indian land.
(b) A beautiful place.
(c) Mother earth.
(d) White man's land.
6. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(a) West of the Missouri.
(b) The Badlands.
(c) South Dakota.
7. According to the Lakota, what happened the year the buffalo froze?
(a) Many Indian children died.
(b) The wolves howled every night.
(c) A lot of stars fell.
(d) There was a late frost.
8. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
9. What New England writer did Dan bring up in the conversation?
(a) Mary Baker Eddy.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
10. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
(a) He wasn't poetic enough.
(b) He had married a white woman.
(c) He had too much anger.
(d) He hadn't graduated from Haskell.
11. Why was Sitting Bull great?
(a) He didn't rule, he led.
(b) He had a large tribe under him.
(c) He hated the white man.
(d) He won many battles.
12. Who was Ziolkowski?
(a) A Polish composer.
(b) A Polish sculptor.
(c) A Polish writer.
(d) A Polish politician.
13. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
(a) Small pox.
(c) Boarding schools for their children.
14. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
(a) Big Foot.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Black Elk.
(d) Black Foot.
15. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bobbie train Fatback to do?
2. What were the seven stars supposed to have taught the Lakota?
3. What reason did Nerburn give for not wearing a watch?
4. Who was Crazy Horse?
5. What did Dan take out of the trunk at Wounded Knee?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)