|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
2. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
(a) Indian legends.
(b) Anger and tears.
(c) It was an Indian love song.
(d) Great Indian chiefs.
3. What do white men want from the Indians now?
(c) The minerals and forests.
4. What did Dan take out of the trunk at Wounded Knee?
(a) A drum.
(b) A leather-bound book.
(c) A dream-catcher.
(d) A large beaded animal skin bag.
5. What did Sitting Bull's monument overlook?
(a) The Kansas plains.
(b) A Lakota settlement.
(c) The Missouri River Valley.
(d) A Homestead town.
6. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
(a) Mother earth.
(b) White man's land.
(c) A beautiful place.
(d) Indian land.
7. What did Grover sprinkle in the fire that the bad spirits hated?
(c) Evergreen needles.
8. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
(a) "Red Skins."
(b) "Prairie NIggers."
9. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
(a) Black Elk's Burial Site.
(b) Sitting Bull's Burial Site.
(c) Lone Wolf's Burial Site.
(d) Running Wolf's Burial Site.
10. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
(a) White silk handkerchiefs.
(b) Ragged silk flags.
(c) Ragged pieces of ribbon.
(d) Small crosses.
11. Whose name was written on another side of the monument?
(a) "Crazy Horse."
(d) "Black Elk."
12. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
(a) An edge of his steak sandwich.
(b) Part of his cheeseburger.
(c) Rib bones.
(d) A piece of barbequed chicken without the bones.
13. What did Dan say was the biggest thing to white people?
14. Where did Nerburn sleep when he was at Annie's house?
(a) In a hammock in the yard.
(b) On a bed in the yard.
(c) In the back room of the house.
(d) In the Buick.
15. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the land to the east of the Missouri river different from the land to the west?
2. What did the English want from the Indians?
3. About how old was the Indian they picked up on their way to Sitting Bull's Burial Site?
4. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
5. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)