|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the object wrapped in a blanket that Grover took out of his trunk?
(a) A song book.
(b) A drum.
(c) An Indian head-dress.
(d) A dream-catcher.
2. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Nine times.
(b) Seven times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Eight times.
3. What does Dan say he sometimes imagines doing in revenge for the whites taking everything sacred to Indians?
(a) Burning bibles.
(b) Bulldozing headstones, plowing coffins, putting bones in bags.
(c) Disrupting church ceremonies.
(d) Writing Lakota graffiti on churches.
4. Where did Eugene's dad live?
5. Who was Crazy Horse?
(a) A famous Apache Chief.
(b) A famous Cherokee Chief.
(c) Sitting Bull's enemy.
(d) An Indian leader immortalized in a sculpture.
6. What was in front of Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) A bench.
(b) A square stone pillar topped by a bust.
(c) A plaque with Sitting Bull's history on it.
(d) A garden.
7. What is Paha Sapa?
(a) The most sacred Lakota prayer.
(b) A Lakota religious ceremony.
(c) The Lakota sacred center of the universe.
(d) Mount Rushmore.
8. What did the English want from the Indians?
9. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
(a) Small pox.
(b) Boarding schools for their children.
10. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
11. What did Dan rebuke Nerburn about in Chapter 12?
(a) Not listening.
(b) Being too white.
(c) Talking too much.
(d) Wandering off.
12. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
(b) "Red Skins."
(c) "Prairie NIggers."
13. About how old was the Indian they picked up on their way to Sitting Bull's Burial Site?
(a) About forty.
(b) About thirty.
(c) About twenty.
(d) About fifty.
14. How large was the plot of ground inside the pillars and bordered by cement?
(a) 80 ft. long and 8 ft. wide.
(b) 90 ft. long and 7 ft. wide.
(c) 60 ft. long and 5 ft. wide.
(d) 70 ft. long and 6 ft. wide.
15. With what was Annie working in her lap?
(a) She was making an Indian necklace.
(b) A rosary.
(c) She was shelling peas.
(d) She was taking the tops off string beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift did April give Nerburn?
2. How many dogs did Annie have?
3. According to the Lakota, what happened the year the buffalo froze?
4. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
5. To what did Nerburn compare what was happening on the grassy field below them in Chapter 12?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)