|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
(a) Wilted flowers.
(b) Prayer notes.
(c) Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
(d) Plastic flowers.
2. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
3. What was good after the terrible storm?
(a) Everyone was hungry.
(b) Grover said a prayer in Lakota.
(c) Fresh winds from a different direction.
(d) A double rainbow.
4. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
5. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Chanted a prayer in Lakota.
(b) Sang a song in Lakota.
(c) Prayed to the North, South, East and West.
(d) Tied a small cloth bundle from his bag to the fence.
6. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
(a) Chief Lone Wolf.
(b) Chief Running Bear.
(c) Chief Joseph.
(d) Chief Black Elk.
7. What did Bobbie train Fatback to do?
(b) Roll over.
(c) Sit up.
8. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
9. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
10. what did the drunk Indian woman in the restaurant in the Homestead town look like?
(a) Like a movie star Indian with long black hair.
(b) Skinny in very tight jeans.
(c) Fat in a long long Indian skirt.
(d) Medium build in jeans and a white shirt.
11. What is Paha Sapa?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) A Lakota religious ceremony.
(c) The most sacred Lakota prayer.
(d) The Lakota sacred center of the universe.
12. What shape was Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) It was an incribed bench.
(b) It was a Mausoleum.
(c) It was an Obelisk.
(d) It was a square stone building.
13. What is a wipoye?
(a) An Indian chant.
(b) A medicine bag.
(c) An Indian wise woman.
(d) A dream-catcher.
14. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
(a) He had too much anger.
(b) He wasn't poetic enough.
(c) He hadn't graduated from Haskell.
(d) He had married a white woman.
15. Who was Ziolkowski?
(a) A Polish composer.
(b) A Polish sculptor.
(c) A Polish writer.
(d) A Polish politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
2. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
3. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
4. How old was Annie?
5. Who was Crazy Horse?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)