|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Wanekia?
(a) The Ghost Dancer.
(b) The Messiah.
(c) The Creator.
(d) The devil.
2. To what was the monument at Wounded Knee dedicated?
(a) The Memory of the Big Foot Massacre.
(b) The Memory of Chief Joseph.
(c) The Memory of Chief Lone Wolf.
(d) The Memory of Chief Black Elk.
3. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
4. What did Sitting Bull's monument overlook?
(a) A Lakota settlement.
(b) A Homestead town.
(c) The Missouri River Valley.
(d) The Kansas plains.
5. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
(a) A Pegasus.
(b) A multi-colored bird.
(c) A magical deer.
(d) His son.
6. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
(a) Ragged silk flags.
(b) Small crosses.
(c) White silk handkerchiefs.
(d) Ragged pieces of ribbon.
7. Who was Crazy Horse?
(a) A famous Apache Chief.
(b) A famous Cherokee Chief.
(c) An Indian leader immortalized in a sculpture.
(d) Sitting Bull's enemy.
8. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
(a) He wasn't poetic enough.
(b) He had married a white woman.
(c) He hadn't graduated from Haskell.
(d) He had too much anger.
9. What color did Nerburn say the morning sky was?
(b) Light blue.
10. What did Grover sprinkle in the fire that the bad spirits hated?
(c) Evergreen needles.
11. What shape was Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) It was a square stone building.
(b) It was an incribed bench.
(c) It was an Obelisk.
(d) It was a Mausoleum.
12. How did Danelle's parents die?
(a) They were lost and died of starvation.
(b) In an airplane crash.
(c) They were shot but the police said a car accident.
(d) From smallpox.
13. What did the French want from the Indians?
14. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
15. How old was Delvin?
(a) In his late thirties.
(b) In his late twenties.
(c) In his early forties.
(d) About 32.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
2. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
3. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
4. How old is April?
5. what did the drunk Indian woman in the restaurant in the Homestead town look like?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)