|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
2. What do white men want from the Indians now?
(c) The minerals and forests.
3. What was the Wanekia?
(a) The Ghost Dancer.
(b) The devil.
(c) The Messiah.
(d) The Creator.
4. The Catholic church held a conference to determine what about Indians?
(a) If they could go to heaven.
(b) If they should be allowed to receive Communion.
(c) If intermarriage with white Catholics should be allowed.
(d) Whether they were people or animals.
5. To what was the monument at Wounded Knee dedicated?
(a) The Memory of the Big Foot Massacre.
(b) The Memory of Chief Black Elk.
(c) The Memory of Chief Lone Wolf.
(d) The Memory of Chief Joseph.
6. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
(a) He asked the Indian if he was a Lakota.
(b) He asked the Indian what tribe he was from.
(c) He asked the Indian how old he was.
(d) He asked whether the Indian was going to the burial site.
7. How many dogs did Annie have?
8. Who shot Sitting Bull?
(a) Indian police.
(b) White men.
(d) A rival tribe.
9. Grover had a tattoo of what on his right arm?
(a) A heart.
(b) A scull.
(c) A woman's name.
(d) An eagle.
10. How was the land to the east of the Missouri river different from the land to the west?
(a) It was a land of freedom rather than labor.
(b) It was a land of dreamers.
(c) It was more fertile.
(d) It was formed by a glacier.
11. Who was Ziolkowski?
(a) A Polish politician.
(b) A Polish sculptor.
(c) A Polish composer.
(d) A Polish writer.
12. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
(a) Comanche Indians.
(b) Apache Indians.
(c) Navajo Indians.
(d) All agency Indians.
13. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
14. what did the drunk Indian woman in the restaurant in the Homestead town look like?
(a) Skinny in very tight jeans.
(b) Fat in a long long Indian skirt.
(c) Medium build in jeans and a white shirt.
(d) Like a movie star Indian with long black hair.
15. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
(a) Chief Lone Wolf.
(b) Chief Joseph.
(c) Chief Black Elk.
(d) Chief Running Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nerburn feel was a comfort and protection from the thoughts of the dying women and children at Wounded Knee?
2. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
3. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
4. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
5. What reason did Nerburn give for not wearing a watch?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)