|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Annie?
(a) About 65.
(b) About 59.
(c) About 55.
(d) Almost as old as Dan.
2. What did the Spanish want from the Indians?
3. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
(a) To 'count coup.'
(b) To kill as many of the other tribe as possible.
(c) To take the other tribe's women as wives.
(d) To take as many prisoners as possible.
4. The Catholic church held a conference to determine what about Indians?
(a) If they could go to heaven.
(b) If they should be allowed to receive Communion.
(c) Whether they were people or animals.
(d) If intermarriage with white Catholics should be allowed.
5. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(b) South Dakota.
(c) West of the Missouri.
(d) The Badlands.
6. According to the Lakota, what happened the year the buffalo froze?
(a) The wolves howled every night.
(b) A lot of stars fell.
(c) Many Indian children died.
(d) There was a late frost.
7. What did Dan say Nerburn thought too much about?
(b) The weather.
8. What did Bobbie train Fatback to do?
(c) Roll over.
(d) Sit up.
9. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
(a) He asked the Indian how old he was.
(b) He asked the Indian what tribe he was from.
(c) He asked whether the Indian was going to the burial site.
(d) He asked the Indian if he was a Lakota.
10. Where did Eugene's dad live?
11. What reason did Nerburn give for not wearing a watch?
(a) They make him too aware of time.
(b) They make him nervous.
(c) He keeps losing them.
(d) They feel heavy on the wrist.
12. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
13. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
(a) Lone Wolf's Burial Site.
(b) Sitting Bull's Burial Site.
(c) Black Elk's Burial Site.
(d) Running Wolf's Burial Site.
14. What is a wipoye?
(a) An Indian wise woman.
(b) An Indian chant.
(c) A dream-catcher.
(d) A medicine bag.
15. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
(a) All agency Indians.
(b) Navajo Indians.
(c) Comanche Indians.
(d) Apache Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chief in Montana was mentioned?
2. Of what did the latticework arch between the two pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
3. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
4. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
5. Who shot Sitting Bull?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)