|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
(a) Black Elk's Burial Site.
(b) Running Wolf's Burial Site.
(c) Lone Wolf's Burial Site.
(d) Sitting Bull's Burial Site.
2. What did Dan say Nerburn thought too much about?
(c) The weather.
3. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
(a) Warriors and Ghost dancers.
(b) Chiefs and Medicine men.
(c) Babies and old people.
(d) Teenagers and Indian missionaries.
4. What gift had the Creator given Dan?
(a) To be a brave warrior.
(b) To be a good father and grandfather.
(c) To put on white man's eyes and see clearly.
(d) To write.
5. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
6. Where did Eugene's dad live?
7. Where did Nerburn sleep when he was at Annie's house?
(a) In the back room of the house.
(b) In the Buick.
(c) On a bed in the yard.
(d) In a hammock in the yard.
8. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Seven times.
(c) Nine times.
(d) Eight times.
9. What did the French want from the Indians?
10. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
(b) "Red Skins."
(c) "Prairie NIggers."
11. What is a wipoye?
(a) An Indian chant.
(b) A dream-catcher.
(c) A medicine bag.
(d) An Indian wise woman.
12. What were the seven stars supposed to have taught the Lakota?
(a) How to have seven children.
(b) How to kill seven bears.
(c) How to have seven council fires.
(d) How to chant seven prayers.
13. To what was the monument at Wounded Knee dedicated?
(a) The Memory of Chief Lone Wolf.
(b) The Memory of Chief Black Elk.
(c) The Memory of the Big Foot Massacre.
(d) The Memory of Chief Joseph.
14. Who was Ziolkowski?
(a) A Polish politician.
(b) A Polish sculptor.
(c) A Polish writer.
(d) A Polish composer.
15. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
(a) A beautiful place.
(b) Indian land.
(c) Mother earth.
(d) White man's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Delvin asked Nerburn if he was writing a book like Black Elk Speaks, what did he answer?
2. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
3. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
4. With what was Annie working in her lap?
5. What does Dan say he sometimes imagines doing in revenge for the whites taking everything sacred to Indians?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)