|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
(a) Plastic flowers.
(b) Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
(c) Wilted flowers.
(d) Prayer notes.
2. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
3. What did the French want from the Indians?
4. What was important when Indians fought other Indians?
(a) To kill as many of the other tribe as possible.
(b) To 'count coup.'
(c) To take the other tribe's women as wives.
(d) To take as many prisoners as possible.
5. What was the song that Dan chanted about?
(a) It was an Indian love song.
(b) Great Indian chiefs.
(c) Indian legends.
(d) Anger and tears.
6. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
(a) His son.
(b) A multi-colored bird.
(c) A magical deer.
(d) A Pegasus.
7. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Tied a small cloth bundle from his bag to the fence.
(b) Chanted a prayer in Lakota.
(c) Prayed to the North, South, East and West.
(d) Sang a song in Lakota.
8. What color was Delvin's and Danelle's pickup?
9. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(a) The Badlands.
(b) South Dakota.
(c) West of the Missouri.
10. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
(a) Small crosses.
(b) White silk handkerchiefs.
(c) Ragged silk flags.
(d) Ragged pieces of ribbon.
11. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
(c) Navy brew.
(d) Cofffee like his mother had brewed.
12. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Eight feet tall.
(b) Nine feet tall.
(c) Ten feet tall.
(d) Seven feet tall.
13. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
(a) Mother earth.
(b) Indian land.
(c) A beautiful place.
(d) White man's land.
14. What did Bobbie train Fatback to do?
(b) Roll over.
(c) Sit up.
15. What shape was Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) It was a Mausoleum.
(b) It was a square stone building.
(c) It was an incribed bench.
(d) It was an Obelisk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name was written on another side of the monument?
2. What does Dan say he sometimes imagines doing in revenge for the whites taking everything sacred to Indians?
3. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
4. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
5. What kind of a woman did Nerburn perceive Annie to be?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)