|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Seven times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Nine times.
(d) Eight times.
2. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
3. Whose name was written on another side of the monument?
(c) "Black Elk."
(d) "Crazy Horse."
4. How did Dan's grandfathers give him the song?
(a) In a dream.
(b) From the earth.
(c) From bird song.
(d) In the wind.
5. What gift had the Creator given Dan?
(a) To be a good father and grandfather.
(b) To write.
(c) To put on white man's eyes and see clearly.
(d) To be a brave warrior.
6. Grover had a tattoo of what on his right arm?
(a) A heart.
(b) A woman's name.
(c) A scull.
(d) An eagle.
7. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
(a) He asked whether the Indian was going to the burial site.
(b) He asked the Indian what tribe he was from.
(c) He asked the Indian if he was a Lakota.
(d) He asked the Indian how old he was.
8. Who shot Sitting Bull?
(a) Indian police.
(b) White men.
(d) A rival tribe.
9. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(a) The Badlands.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) West of the Missouri.
10. What did Nerburn remember as they drove toward the rocky out croppings?
(a) His love of the rugged nature of the countryside.
(b) His mission.
(c) His conversations with Dan.
(d) His trips to Mt. Rushmore as a child.
11. About how old was the Indian they picked up on their way to Sitting Bull's Burial Site?
(a) About thirty.
(b) About twenty.
(c) About fifty.
(d) About forty.
12. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Eight feet tall.
(b) Nine feet tall.
(c) Ten feet tall.
(d) Seven feet tall.
13. What did the French want from the Indians?
14. What was in front of Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) A bench.
(b) A square stone pillar topped by a bust.
(c) A garden.
(d) A plaque with Sitting Bull's history on it.
15. What were the seven stars supposed to have taught the Lakota?
(a) How to chant seven prayers.
(b) How to kill seven bears.
(c) How to have seven council fires.
(d) How to have seven children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective did Dan use to describe the hills where they were parked?
2. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
3. What did the English want from the Indians?
4. What burial site did they head for after leaving the Homestead town?
5. What did Dan do each time he stopped on his walk around the fenced area?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)