|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nerburn feel was a comfort and protection from the thoughts of the dying women and children at Wounded Knee?
(a) The smoke from the pipe Dan gave him to smoke.
(b) Thoughts of eternal life.
(c) Thoughts of his family.
(d) Memories of a happy childhood.
2. What did the French want from the Indians?
3. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Eight times.
(b) Nine times.
(c) Ten times.
(d) Seven times.
4. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
5. What was the object wrapped in a blanket that Grover took out of his trunk?
(a) A drum.
(b) A song book.
(c) An Indian head-dress.
(d) A dream-catcher.
6. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
(a) Comanche Indians.
(b) All agency Indians.
(c) Navajo Indians.
(d) Apache Indians.
7. How old was Annie?
(a) Almost as old as Dan.
(b) About 55.
(c) About 65.
(d) About 59.
8. What do white men want from the Indians now?
(c) The minerals and forests.
9. How was the land to the east of the Missouri river different from the land to the west?
(a) It was a land of freedom rather than labor.
(b) It was more fertile.
(c) It was formed by a glacier.
(d) It was a land of dreamers.
10. How many times did Dan take a pinch of tobacco and offer it to the wind?
(a) Three times.
(b) Six times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Seven times.
11. What did Grover whisper after the ferocious storm had subsided?
(a) "Thank you Great Creator."
(b) "The Storm Chief."
(c) "Wakan Tanka."
(d) "The Winged One."
12. Describe Danelle.
(a) Skinny with the gaunt beauty of a bar queen.
(b) Voluptuous with a movie star's beauty.
(c) Medium-build and not very attractive.
(d) Plump with bright shiny black eyes.
13. About how old was the Indian they picked up on their way to Sitting Bull's Burial Site?
(a) About thirty.
(b) About fifty.
(c) About forty.
(d) About twenty.
14. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
(a) White silk handkerchiefs.
(b) Ragged pieces of ribbon.
(c) Ragged silk flags.
(d) Small crosses.
15. How many dogs did Annie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What racial slur did Nerburn overhear in the Homestead town restaurant?
2. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
3. What did Dan say was the biggest thing to white people?
4. What question did Nerburn ask the Indian which he shouldn't have asked?
5. Who was Ziolkowski?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)