|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the seven stars supposed to have taught the Lakota?
(a) How to have seven council fires.
(b) How to kill seven bears.
(c) How to have seven children.
(d) How to chant seven prayers.
2. What was in the small leather bag inside Dan's shirt?
(a) An Indian charm.
(b) A turquoise ring.
(c) A stone.
(d) A small silver picture frame with a picture of Bobbie in it.
3. Why was Sitting Bull great?
(a) He hated the white man.
(b) He didn't rule, he led.
(c) He won many battles.
(d) He had a large tribe under him.
4. With whom did Sitting Bull's people join when they went south to avoid the soldiers?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Black Foot.
(d) Big Foot.
5. What was the name of Danelle's mother?
6. What kind of Indians were neither red warriors nor white farmers, neither wolf nor dog?
(a) Apache Indians.
(b) Navajo Indians.
(c) All agency Indians.
(d) Comanche Indians.
7. How many people were in the front seat of the pickup?
8. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
9. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
10. What New England writer did Dan bring up in the conversation?
(a) Mary Baker Eddy.
(b) Emily Dickinson.
11. What do white men want from the Indians now?
(c) The minerals and forests.
12. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
(a) He wasn't poetic enough.
(b) He had married a white woman.
(c) He had too much anger.
(d) He hadn't graduated from Haskell.
13. What did Nerburn feel was a comfort and protection from the thoughts of the dying women and children at Wounded Knee?
(a) The smoke from the pipe Dan gave him to smoke.
(b) Thoughts of eternal life.
(c) Thoughts of his family.
(d) Memories of a happy childhood.
14. What did Grover do when they got back on the road?
(a) He started ranting against the whites.
(b) He started singing a Lakota song.
(c) He started telling Lakota legends.
(d) He called out the signs they passed.
15. According to Indians what people are closest to God?
(a) Teenagers and Indian missionaries.
(b) Warriors and Ghost dancers.
(c) Chiefs and Medicine men.
(d) Babies and old people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
2. What did Dan take out of the trunk at Wounded Knee?
3. How many dogs did Annie have?
4. What were tied to the lattice work between the arches?
5. Why does Dan say he's sorry for saying those things to Nerburn?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)