|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was strewn around the base of the obelisk?
(a) Prayer notes.
(b) Plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
(c) Wilted flowers.
(d) Plastic flowers.
2. What did Grover do when they got back on the road?
(a) He started ranting against the whites.
(b) He started singing a Lakota song.
(c) He called out the signs they passed.
(d) He started telling Lakota legends.
3. What did the English want from the Indians?
4. What did Sitting Bull's monument overlook?
(a) A Lakota settlement.
(b) A Homestead town.
(c) The Missouri River Valley.
(d) The Kansas plains.
5. What did Grover put in his napkin for Fatback?
(a) Part of his cheeseburger.
(b) Rib bones.
(c) An edge of his steak sandwich.
(d) A piece of barbequed chicken without the bones.
6. Where did Sitting Bull's people come from?
(a) The Badlands.
(c) South Dakota.
(d) West of the Missouri.
7. What was the worst thing the white man brought to the Indians according to Dan?
(a) Boarding schools for their children.
(c) Small pox.
8. What do white men want from the Indians now?
(d) The minerals and forests.
9. What did Nerburn feel was a comfort and protection from the thoughts of the dying women and children at Wounded Knee?
(a) Memories of a happy childhood.
(b) The smoke from the pipe Dan gave him to smoke.
(c) Thoughts of eternal life.
(d) Thoughts of his family.
10. With what was Annie working in her lap?
(a) She was taking the tops off string beans.
(b) She was shelling peas.
(c) A rosary.
(d) She was making an Indian necklace.
11. What shape was Sitting Bull's Monument?
(a) It was an incribed bench.
(b) It was an Obelisk.
(c) It was a square stone building.
(d) It was a Mausoleum.
12. How many times did Dan stop on his walk around the fenced area?
(a) Eight times.
(b) Ten times.
(c) Seven times.
(d) Nine times.
13. Of what did the latticework arch between the two pillars at Wounded Knee remind Nerburn?
(a) The entrance to amusement parks.
(b) The entrance to a western ranch.
(c) The entrance to a rich person's home in the east.
(d) The tracery over Nazi death camps.
14. How did Dan's grandfathers give him the song?
(a) From bird song.
(b) In a dream.
(c) From the earth.
(d) In the wind.
15. How many murdered Lakota people were buried at Wounded Knee?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dan describe the rolling foothills?
2. How many rooms did Annie's house have?
3. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
4. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
5. How old is April?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)