Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan particularly not like about Hippies?
(a) That they took drugs.
(b) The Hippie hand shake.
(c) Their bad manners.
(d) That they practiced free love.
2. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
(a) By slightly off-colored squares surrounded by dotted lines.
(b) Each reservation was a different pastel color mass.
(c) By large black capital letters.
(d) They were surrounded by solid red lines.
3. How much did Dan's grandmother receive for sitting on a blanket and having her picture taken?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) A dime.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A quarter.
4. What did Dan and Grover say about Jumbo's ability to fix Nerburn's NIssan truck?
(a) They said he'd fix it and rent it out till Nerburn returned.
(b) They said he'd probably sell it.
(c) They said he'd never be able to fix it.
(d) They said he'd either fix it or kill it.
5. What request did the Indian woman have when she called Nerburn?
(a) She asked him to visit her grandfather, an Elder.
(b) She asked him if she could visit him.
(c) She asked him to sell her his two books.
(d) She asked him to speak to her grandfather on the phone,.
6. From what college did Dan's grandson graduate?
(a) North Dakota U.
(d) Notre Dame.
7. Why did the Lakota Elder want to talk with Nerburn?
(a) He was curious about Nerburn's interest in the Lakota.
(b) He wanted to invite him to a pow wow.
(c) He had seen the two books Nerburn had written.
(d) He was interested in white people.
8. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
(a) Watiki Tokan.
(b) Walka Tenken.
(c) The Great Spirit.
(d) Wakan Tanka.
9. How old was Grover?
(a) In his late fifties.
(b) In his late forties.
(c) In his late thirties.
(d) In his early sixties.
10. Where was Grover's house located?
(a) In the next village.
(b) Down the road from Dan's house.
(c) On the other side of the village.
(d) In the middle of the village.
11. What did Grover, Dan and Nerburn have for lunch at Grover's house?
(a) Grape jelly and peanut butter sandwiches.
(b) Tuna fish sandwiches.
(c) Baloney sandwiches.
(d) Roast beef sandwiches.
12. What did the guys in Grover's unit call him when he was in Korea?
(d) Red man.
13. What was the Indian philosophy of ownership?
(a) You owned it as long as you needed it then passed it on.
(b) The more things you owned, the better.
(c) No one dare violate one's ownership of something.
(d) If you owned a lot of things others looked up to you,.
14. What was Nerburn's first inclination to do after leaving his Nissan at Jumbo's?
(a) He wanted to take the trip with Grover and Dan.
(b) He wanted to go to Dan's house and work on the book.
(c) He wanted to go to the motel and sleep till it was over.
(d) He wanted to stay in the village and explore it.
15. What color was Grover's Buick?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Grover wear his hair?
2. What color hatband was on Grover's cowboy hat?
3. How did Nerburn feel when he was among the Indians?
4. What had an old farmer in Bismarck told Nerburn when he asked why he never went east?
5. What famous person from overseas saw "Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show"?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)