Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction and Chapter 1
1. Describe the landmark Nerburn came upon when riding across North Dakota on his motorcycle.
2. Why did Kent Nerburn want to write this book?
3. Describe the telephone call Nerburn got.
4. Describe Dan's house.
5. Write some things about Dan's grandson.
6. What did Dan give Nerburn and what did Nerburn do with them?
Short Essay Question - Chapters 2 and 3
7. What was in the shoe boxes Dan gave Nerburn?
This section contains 874 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)