|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was inside the three-sided wooden structure Nerburn came across on his motorcycle trip?
(a) An offering of free fruits and vegetables to passers-by.
(b) A sacred Lakota buffalo rock.
(c) A wood carving of a Lakota Indian.
(d) Three stones with Lakota traditions inscribed in them.
2. What is a wipoye?
(a) A medicine bag.
(b) An Indian chant.
(c) A dream-catcher.
(d) An Indian wise woman.
3. What did Nerburn use to pack his belongings?
(a) A small brown valise.
(b) A black canvas bag.
(c) A green aviator's bag.
(d) A blue Samsonite suitcase.
4. A flash of lightning illuminated a billboard with a quote from what book in the Bible?
5. What is waziya?
(a) Wind from the south.
(b) Wind from the east.
(c) Wind from the west.
(d) Wind from the north.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of truck did Nerburn own?
2. How did Dan's grandfathers give him the song?
3. How did Grover describe the coffee he made?
4. Why couldn't Dan speak or write, according to the grandfathers?
5. Of what piece of music was Nerburn reminded as they drove through the deepening evening?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)