|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
(a) Watiki Tokan.
(b) Wakan Tanka.
(c) The Great Spirit.
(d) Walka Tenken.
2. What was the title of one of the books Nerburn wrote after working on the reservation?
(a) Tales of the Elders.
(b) The Forgotten People.
(c) To Walk the Red Road.
(d) Our Mother Earth.
3. In what year was the book updated?
4. How old was Delvin?
(a) In his late twenties.
(b) In his early forties.
(c) About 32.
(d) In his late thirties.
5. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
(a) The white people's attitude toward possessions.
(b) The white people's way of raising their children.
(c) The white people's marriage customs.
(d) The white people's emphasis on education.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what was the monument at Wounded Knee dedicated?
2. How old is April?
3. What did the Lakota word "wasichu" mean in English?
4. On what reservation had Nerburn worked several years before?
5. In December of what year did the massacre at Wounded Knee take place?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)