|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan's Indian friends call Nerburn?
(a) Grizzly Adams.
(b) City boy.
(d) White man.
2. What did Nerburn dream about at Wounded Knee?
(a) A Pegasus.
(b) A multi-colored bird.
(c) A magical deer.
(d) His son.
3. What was in the yard to the left of Grover's house?
(a) A wagon wheel.
(b) A small garden.
(c) An old, rusted truck
(d) A perfectly ordered woodpile.
4. What did Grover do when they got back on the road?
(a) He started ranting against the whites.
(b) He started singing a Lakota song.
(c) He called out the signs they passed.
(d) He started telling Lakota legends.
5. What gift had the Creator given Dan?
(a) To write.
(b) To put on white man's eyes and see clearly.
(c) To be a good father and grandfather.
(d) To be a brave warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
2. How much did Dan's grandmother receive for sitting on a blanket and having her picture taken?
3. Who did Nerburn sit next to in the Buick on the trip?
4. How many times did Dan take a pinch of tobacco and offer it to the wind?
5. How did Dan's grandfathers give him the song?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)