|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was the obelisk in the middle of the plot?
(a) Seven feet tall.
(b) Eight feet tall.
(c) Nine feet tall.
(d) Ten feet tall.
2. How did Grover wear his hair?
(a) Medium length parted at the side.
(b) In a pony tail.
(c) In a crew cut.
(d) Long and straggly hanging loose.
3. Nerburn got a phone call from whom in Chapter 1?
(a) His son.
(b) An Indian Elder.
(c) An Indian woman.
(d) His publisher.
4. What were the most important assets Nerburn had in writing the book?
(a) His previous experience with the Lakota.
(b) The pen and the tape recorder.
(c) Dan's notes and clippings in the shoebox.
(d) His love and respect of Indians.
5. According to Dan, the Creator love the smell of what?
(a) The Indian camp fire.
(b) The spring prairie flowers.
(c) The spring rain.
(d) Sweet grass sprinkled into a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grover whisper after the ferocious storm had subsided?
2. According to Dan, how do white people learn?
3. What are "pispiza"?
4. What was the only sign of industriousness that could be seen in the village?
5. What was Grover doing when Dan and Nerburn came to visit him?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)