|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nerburn buy at the local store before proceeding to the old Indian's house?
(a) A pack of chewing gum.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A soda.
(d) A pack of Prince Albert tobacco.
2. What was Grover doing when Dan and Nerburn came to visit him?
(a) Reading one of Nerburn's books.
(b) Watching a black and white cowboy movie on television.
(d) Fixing his Buick.
3. When all the sacred Indian ceremonies are gone what will be left according to Dan?
(a) Their families.
(b) Their sorrows.
(c) Their memories.
(d) Their hearts.
4. What drug did Nerburn take in the sixties that mimicked the experience Dan had listening to the dead?
5. What do white people fear that Indians do not and even cultivate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective did Nerburn use to describe what white people thought Indians were with which Dan agreed?
2. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
3. What did Dan and Grover say about Jumbo's ability to fix Nerburn's NIssan truck?
4. What were the most important assets Nerburn had in writing the book?
5. According to Dan, what did the white man do to the land?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)