|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dan feel it was stupid to be called an Indian?
(a) Because he was really a Native American.
(b) Because it was demeaning.
(c) Because Columbus thought he had found the East Indies.
(d) Because it wasn't a Lakota term.
2. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
(a) The white people's attitude toward possessions.
(b) The white people's emphasis on education.
(c) The white people's way of raising their children.
(d) The white people's marriage customs.
3. What does "wakan" mean in English?
(a) Young or innocent.
(b) Sacred or filled with power.
(c) Far away.
(d) Secret or hidden.
4. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
(a) Watiki Tokan.
(b) Walka Tenken.
(c) Wakan Tanka.
(d) The Great Spirit.
5. Where was Grover's house located?
(a) In the next village.
(b) In the middle of the village.
(c) On the other side of the village.
(d) Down the road from Dan's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are "pispiza"?
2. Why did the woman from New York say the Red Road books were not helpful in finding out about the Indians?
3. According to Dan, what did the white man do to the land?
4. In what year was the book published?
5. What were the most important assets Nerburn had in writing the book?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)