|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 through 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dan's Indian friends call Nerburn?
(a) City boy.
(c) Grizzly Adams.
(d) White man.
2. What was Grover doing when Dan and Nerburn came to visit him?
(a) Reading one of Nerburn's books.
(b) Watching a black and white cowboy movie on television.
(c) Fixing his Buick.
3. How did Nerburn feel when he was among the Indians?
(a) Happy and honored.
(b) Angry and aggressive.
(c) Curious and defensive.
(d) Anxious and fearful.
4. Why did the Lakota Elder want to talk with Nerburn?
(a) He was curious about Nerburn's interest in the Lakota.
(b) He had seen the two books Nerburn had written.
(c) He was interested in white people.
(d) He wanted to invite him to a pow wow.
5. What was the title of one of the books Nerburn wrote after working on the reservation?
(a) To Walk the Red Road.
(b) Tales of the Elders.
(c) Our Mother Earth.
(d) The Forgotten People.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nerburn use to pack his belongings?
2. The Indians Grover was watching on television looked like what nationality?
3. What did the guys in Grover's unit call him when he was in Korea?
4. Where did Fatback live?
5. What request did the Indian woman have when she called Nerburn?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)