|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
(a) Wakan Tanka.
(b) Watiki Tokan.
(c) The Great Spirit.
(d) Walka Tenken.
2. What sentence, according to Nerburn, sums up America?
(a) "From sea to shining sea."
(b) "What's in it for me?"
(c) "We are the land of the free."
(d) "We are number one."
3. Why did the Lakota Elder want to talk with Nerburn?
(a) He was curious about Nerburn's interest in the Lakota.
(b) He was interested in white people.
(c) He had seen the two books Nerburn had written.
(d) He wanted to invite him to a pow wow.
4. How far apart were the houses in the village?
(a) About 75 ft. from one another.
(b) About a quarter of a mile apart.
(c) About a half a mile apart.
(d) About a mile apart.
5. What is the lie of the good man, according to Dan?
(a) A white lie.
(b) Changing the subject of the conversation.
(d) A confession of ignorance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nerburn got a phone call from whom in Chapter 1?
2. Where did Fatback live?
3. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
4. What drug did Nerburn take in the sixties that mimicked the experience Dan had listening to the dead?
5. In what year was the book published?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)