|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the only sign of industriousness that could be seen in the village?
(a) The men working on their cars.
(b) The line of laundry flapping in the wind behind each house.
(c) The gardens behind each house.
(d) The cleanly swept sidewalks in front of the houses.
2. How do Dan and the Lakota people feel about being called Indians?
(a) They are fighting mad.
(b) They are highly insulted.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They don't care about something like a name.
3. How did the Indians measure people when times were bad?
(a) By whether they were able to survive.
(b) By how they shared.
(c) By whether they were poor.
(d) By whether they were rich.
4. How did Nerburn feel when he was among the Indians?
(a) Curious and defensive.
(b) Anxious and fearful.
(c) Happy and honored.
(d) Angry and aggressive.
5. How old was Grover?
(a) In his late fifties.
(b) In his late forties.
(c) In his late thirties.
(d) In his early sixties.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what college did Dan's grandson graduate?
2. What criticisms did Grover have for the first chapters Nerburn wrote?
3. Dan's lifestyle was like whose?
4. What was the author doing when the seed for this book was planted in his mind?
5. What sentence, according to Nerburn, sums up America?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)