|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "wakan" mean in English?
(a) Secret or hidden.
(b) Far away.
(c) Young or innocent.
(d) Sacred or filled with power.
2. What was outside of the Old Indian's house?
(a) Two cars, one on blocks.
(b) A small vegetable garden.
(c) A large Cadillac.
(d) An outhouse.
3. What sentence, according to Nerburn, sums up America?
(a) "What's in it for me?"
(b) "We are the land of the free."
(c) "We are number one."
(d) "From sea to shining sea."
4. What is the lie of the good man, according to Dan?
(a) Changing the subject of the conversation.
(b) A confession of ignorance.
(d) A white lie.
5. How did Grover wear his hair?
(a) In a crew cut.
(b) Medium length parted at the side.
(c) In a pony tail.
(d) Long and straggly hanging loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Lakota word "wasichu" mean in English?
2. What drug did Nerburn take in the sixties that mimicked the experience Dan had listening to the dead?
3. What Indian had counseled reaching out a hand of peace to the white people?
4. What did Wenonah suggest Nerburn do?
5. What were Dan and Nerburn listening to as they sat on Dan's front porch?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)