|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Indian philosophy of ownership?
(a) The more things you owned, the better.
(b) No one dare violate one's ownership of something.
(c) If you owned a lot of things others looked up to you,.
(d) You owned it as long as you needed it then passed it on.
2. Why did Dan feel it was stupid to be called an Indian?
(a) Because it wasn't a Lakota term.
(b) Because he was really a Native American.
(c) Because it was demeaning.
(d) Because Columbus thought he had found the East Indies.
3. Why didn't Nerburn play cards?
(a) He had never learned how to play.
(b) He felt it led to gambling.
(c) He thought it was a waste of time.
(d) He disapproved of playing cards.
4. What was the author doing when the seed for this book was planted in his mind?
(a) Day-dreaming about Indians and their values.
(b) Riding his motorcycle across North Dakota in August.
(c) Sitting on his front porch watching the sun set.
(d) Re-reading the other books he had written about Indians.
5. To what did Grover compare the white man's religious Communion in the Lakota society?
(c) The spring crop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Lakota people call the Creator?
2. Where did Fatback live?
3. What were Dan and Nerburn listening to as they sat on Dan's front porch?
4. What did Dan consider bullshit regarding the white people's way of life?
5. How were the reservations defined on Nerburn's map?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)